Captain America vs. the Joker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

thadarknite84
The Joker breaks into the White House and takes over. Capturing the President and rigging the entire place to blow, with a special bomb that can only be defused when all 15 bombs, placed around NYC are defused. The US military sends in their Greatest solider, Captain America. Captain America has 1 hour to find and defused the bombs. But the Joker has an ace up his sleeve. If all 15 bombs are defused before 1 hour is up. He will launch a missile over NY that will explode in mid air and unleash a deadly laughing gas. That will spread all over the east coast. Can Captain America stop the Joker?

tkitna
What episode was that?

TricksterPriest
Yeah, it does read like a batman comic. Nice scenario. It's really unfair to Captain America though. erm

This is the kind of scenario only Batman could beat Joker in.

thadarknite84
Originally posted by tkitna
What episode was that?

You're thinking of the JL animated series. The one when the Joker and the Royal Flush Gang took on the JL.

thadarknite84
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Yeah, it does read like a batman comic. Nice scenario. It's really unfair to Captain America though. erm

This is the kind of scenario only Batman could beat Joker in.

Cap has been briefed on the situation. And he received files on the Joker.

Mindset
Cap throws his shield one time defusing all 15 bombs near instantaneously, then lectures Joker about what it means to be a true American, meanwhile his shield is returning and hits Joker in the back of the head koing him.

If the missle is launched I guess he'll have to do one more throw.

thadarknite84
Originally posted by Mindset
Cap throws his shield one time defusing all 15 bombs near instantaneously, then lectures Joker about what it means to be a true American, meanwhile his shield is returning and hits Joker in the back of the head koing him.

If the missle is launched I guess he'll have to do one more throw.

He has to find them first.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by thadarknite84
The Joker breaks into the White House and takes over. Capturing the President and rigging the entire place to blow, with a special bomb that can only be defused when all 15 bombs, placed around NYC are defused. The US military sends in their Greatest solider, Captain America. Captain America has 1 hour to find and defused the bombs. But the Joker has an ace up his sleeve. If all 15 bombs are defused before 1 hour is up. He will launch a missile over NY that will explode in mid air and unleash a deadly laughing gas. That will spread all over the east coast. Can Captain America stop the Joker? why don't you just skip all the bs and say the city is gassed, cus it can't be avoided.

inhaling gas cap would still make his way to the white house and kill the joker, his super soldier enhanced immune system would get him that far. then the joker gets a super soldier beat down that he won't somehow survive.

thadarknite84
Originally posted by psycho gundam
why don't you just skip all the bs and say the city is gassed, cus it can't be avoided.

inhaling gas cap would still make his way to the white house and kill the joker, his super soldier enhanced immune system would get him that far. then the joker gets a super soldier beat down that he won't somehow survive.

What kind of plot is that? If that's the case there is no reason to even make the thread in the first place. And the Joker doesn't operate like that. Your scenario is way too simple for the Joker.

psycho gundam
i guess you don't get it.

you have bombs all over the city and if they get diffused in an hour, the whole city gets gassed anyway. its a no win scenario, all cap can do watch the city get messed up either way. i doubt nightcrawler could find them all.

but, this only serves to anger cap thus leading to jokers demise, at
the hands of the most pro american human being on the planet.

it will be a bloodbath.

thadarknite84
i guess you don't get it.

you have bombs all over the city and if they get diffused in an hour, the whole city gets gassed anyway. its a no win scenario, all cap can do watch the city get messed up either way. i doubt nightcrawler could find them all.

but, this only serves to anger cap thus leading to jokers demise, at
the hands of the most pro american human being on the planet.

it will be a bloodbath.

Not really. If you can't give any kind of reason why or how Cap can stop the Joker, he loses. The point is to not let all those people die. It's a test.

psycho gundam
do you not see that this is rigged....unless the frickin' bombs look like something from the shitty schumacher movies(ostentatious, gaudy props (batmobile with ****'n lights!)) there is no way someone can find them all in new york city, thats asinine.

tkitna
You're thinking of the JL animated series. The one when the Joker and the Royal Flush Gang took on the JL.

Yeah, I thought that scenario was a cartoon I watched with my son sometime, but I couldnt remember which one.

Anyways, I think the Joker wins

thadarknite84
Originally posted by tkitna
Yeah, I thought that scenario was a cartoon I watched with my son sometime, but I couldnt remember which one.

Anyways, I think the Joker wins

Yeah they are a little similar but my scenario is very different.

WrathfulDwarf
The Clown Prince of Crime FTW.

thadarknite84
do you not see that this is rigged....unless the frickin' bombs look like something from the shitty schumacher movies(ostentatious, gaudy props (batmobile with ****'n lights!)) there is no way someone can find them all in new york city, thats asinine.

Well the bombs are visible to radar. Cap just has to find a way to stop to them all in time and at the same time. Stop the Joker from launching the missile. What's wrong now? I thought Cap is more skilled than Batman right? At least, that's what some people think. So he should have no problem or maybe not.....

Silent Master
Cap calls the Avengers, X-men, Dr Strange, Daredevil, Spider-man, Punisher and Shield, they hunt down and defuse the bombs while Cap puts the all American beat down on the Joker.

thadarknite84
Originally posted by Silent Master
Cap calls the Avengers, X-men, Dr Strange, Daredevil, Spider-man, Punisher and Shield, they hunt down and defuse the bombs while Cap puts the all American beat down on the Joker.

Read the thread. It's Cap vs. the Joker. He alone has to figure it out. No help from any teams.

Silent Master
Where in the first post does it say he can't call for help?

The Illuminati
It looks as if the White House is rigged to blow with the 15 bombs not NY. The missile is targeted at NY. That being said Cap takes out The Joker (Shield, Gun, Fist, Boot...etc) first and then defuses the missile command, then shuts down each of the 15 bombs throughout The White House. All in a mornings work for Cap. The Joker scurries back to Gotham where doing crime still pays and is much easier to get away with.

bobbi
Where in the first post does it say he can't call for help?

I thought it was assumed no help in any vs. threads unless stated.. Otherwise these batman vs anyone threads are pretty useless. jla ftw.

Silent Master
I thought Cap is more skilled than Batman right? At least, that's what some people think. So he should have no problem or maybe not.....

I find it amusing that the thought that people think Cap is a more skilled fighter has caused you to post a thread that has nothing to do with fighting skill.

Silent Master
Originally posted by bobbi
I thought it was assumed no help in any vs. threads unless stated.. Otherwise these batman vs anyone threads are pretty useless. jla ftw.

He started this thread because he's upset that people think Cap is a more skilled fighter, which basically makes this an attempted spite thread.

thadarknite84
I find it amusing that the thought that people think Cap is a more skilled fighter has caused you to post a thread that has nothing to do with fighting skill.

Read before you post.
Well the bombs are visible to radar. Cap just has to find a way to stop to them all in time and at the same time. Stop the Joker from launching the missile. What's wrong now? I thought Cap is more skilled than Batman right? At least, that's what some people think. So he should have no problem or maybe not.....

Where did I say BETTER FIGHTER in my post? It's a amusing how you post before you read.

psycho gundam
He started this thread because he's upset that people think Cap is a more skilled fighter, which basically makes this an attempted spite thread. kinda sad really, cap is a better fighter not detective.......

Silent Master
The only thing that people have said Cap was better at, was fighting; therefore the only thing you could possibly be referring to with the "What's wrong now? I thought Cap is more skilled than Batman right? At least, that's what some people think" is fighting skill.

thadarknite84
kinda sad really, cap is a better fighter not detective.......

You too. Yes it's sad that you don't know what the hell you are talking about. I didn't say a better fighter.

He started this thread because he's upset that people think Cap is a more skilled fighter, which basically makes this an attempted spite thread.

You should just stay silent. I started this thread to see how Cap would take on a problem that Batman can. You don't have to be a detective to defuse bombs. It's all about skill and planing. Cap was in the military so what's the problem? The only thing that's sad is how other people think that Cap is more skilled, well lets see now. Either put up or shut up.

psycho gundam
the scenario is probably most suited for superman.

and i don't hate you or anything, quite the opposite, you just generalized
batman's comic which is bad because he is unique among all heroes.

Silent Master
You started this thread because you were upset that some people thought Cap was a more skilled fighter than Batman, you admitted as much when you posted this.

I thought Cap is more skilled than Batman right? At least, that's what some people think. So he should have no problem or maybe not.....

Lord Feron
Still think this is a rediculous thread and your just upset but i will play along anyway... THe US would not just say " here ya go Cap save the world but yeah .. no help from other super heroes and no help from the armed forces and no money and no help of any kind what so ever (cap is not a billionaire with a crap load of toys mind you so he really doesnt have anything but his sheild, body, mind) so try and save us bye bye now." I mean thats pretty rediculous IMO.

SO he gets nothing, lets say he gets to start in either NYC or the Whitehouse (might be out of your rules set but hey can he just start in one of those places?) I say he should choose the White House.

He should choose the white house because Cap can not cover enough ground on foot (that would be for the flash) so it would be futile to try and save NYC. I think his only win is for him to break into the Whitehouse take hold of the joker hurt him in ways that will make him useless to a women and break him into remotely disabling bombs and missles. Cap ftw.

Lets say nothing can be turned off remotely and they will go off with or without the will of Joker. In this case it is a spite thread Good bye Come again...

golem370

thadarknite84
You started this thread because you were upset that some people thought Cap was a more skilled fighter than Batman, you admitted as much when you posted this.

More skilled at what? You don't know what you are talking about. what is there to admit to? Nothing.

Silent Master
I know exactly what I'm talking about as I was involved in the thread that started all this, you got mad that people thought Cap was a more skilled fighter and this thread is the result, you even admit as much when you post things like.

And

You don't have to be a detective to defuse bombs. It's all about skill and planing. Cap was in the military so what's the problem? The only thing that's sad is how other people think that Cap is more skilled, well lets see now. Either put up or shut up.

thadarknite84
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Still think this is a rediculous thread and your just upset but i will play along anyway... THe US would not just say " here ya go Cap save the world but yeah .. no help from other super heroes and no help from the armed forces and no money and no help of any kind what so ever (cap is not a billionaire with a crap load of toys mind you so he really doesnt have anything but his sheild, body, mind) so try and save us bye bye now." I mean thats pretty rediculous IMO.

SO he gets nothing, lets say he gets to start in either NYC or the Whitehouse (might be out of your rules set but hey can he just start in one of those places?) I say he should choose the White House.

He should choose the white house because Cap can not cover enough ground on foot (that would be for the flash) so it would be futile to try and save NYC. I think his only win is for him to break into the Whitehouse take hold of the joker hurt him in ways that will make him useless to a women and break him into remotely disabling bombs and missles. Cap ftw.

Lets say nothing can be turned off remotely and they will go off with or without the will of Joker. In this case it is a spite thread Good bye Come again...

Don't make me get on you. Make sense when you post, just because he has no team, doesn't mean he can't use whatever equipment he needs. And the Avengers base is in NY, so he is already there. Goodbye.....

Etrigan
Good thread idea.

I think it's the kind of situation that only Batman can really win in, BUT remember that Cap is a brilliant combat strategist and has files on Joker.

He could win.

TricksterPriest
Cap has been briefed on the situation. And he received files on the Joker. laughing Files? What a joke. There's no psychologist in the world or history who can figure out the Joker. Nothing Cap has done or encountered would prepare him for the Joker.

Like I said in the beginning, this is exactly the kind of scenario that only Batman can win in. No one else would have a chance.

golem370
Captain America has had alot of villains http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/RapSheetMain/CaptainAmerica.asp

darthgoober
why don't you just skip all the bs and say the city is gassed, cus it can't be avoided.

Cosigned. Cap's gone through these kinds of scenarios before. Whenever Red Skull or some other villain does something like hold a city hostage Cap doesn't mess around, he goes strait to the bad guys and beats the info/formula/detonator out of them and that's what's most likely to happen here as well.

Think about it, everyone's saying that there's no way Cap can tackle the situation like Batman right? Well Cap knows his capabilities better than anyone so he's not going to waste time trying in a PIS free scenario. He's going to tackle the situation in a way that actually stands a chance of success, and for Captain America the best way is to target the Joker himself.

thadarknite84
Originally posted by darthgoober
Cosigned. Cap's gone through these kinds of scenarios before. Whenever Red Skull or some other villain does something like hold a city hostage Cap doesn't mess around, he goes strait to the bad guys and beats the info/formula/detonator out of them and that's what's most likely to happen here as well.

Think about it, everyone's saying that there's no way Cap can tackle the situation like Batman right? Well Cap knows his capabilities better than anyone so he's not going to waste time trying in a PIS free scenario. He's going to tackle the situation in a way that actually stands a chance of success, and for Captain America the best way is to target the Joker himself.

So tell me who going to stop the 15 from blowing up while Cap's on his way to DC to fight Joker?

h1a8
Batman couldn't even do this by himself (on the episode he needed Superman's help). Even if either Cap or Bats knew where the bombs were it would still take more than 1hour to stop all 15. Its a hell of a challenge just placing only two bombs on the opposite edges of NY (more than 30 miles wide).

darthgoober
So tell me who going to stop the 15 from blowing up while Cap's on his way to DC to fight Joker?
S.H.I.E.L.D. or the Avengers or any other of a number of superhuman based teams that are set up in NYC.

Caps primary course of victory doesn't have anything to do with the bombs, it has to do with stopping the Joker...
The Joker breaks into the White House and takes over. Capturing the President and rigging the entire place to blow, with a special bomb that can only be defused when all 15 bombs, placed around NYC are defused. The US military sends in their Greatest solider, Captain America. Captain America has 1 hour to find and defused the bombs. But the Joker has an ace up his sleeve. If all 15 bombs are defused before 1 hour is up. He will launch a missile over NY that will explode in mid air and unleash a deadly laughing gas. That will spread all over the east coast. Can Captain America stop the Joker?
In the end, the President is more important than the civilians in this scenario so Cap just radio's Nick Fury or the Avengers to deal with the bombs because saving the President is the top priority of the thread. Worse case scenario, Cap saves the President and then kills the Joker for the deaths caused by the bombs back in NYC.

Caps Conscience
This is Spite and should be closed. Mods need to quit slacking.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by darthgoober
S.H.I.E.L.D. or the Avengers or any other of a number of superhuman based teams that are set up in NYC.

Caps primary course of victory doesn't have anything to do with the bombs, it has to do with stopping the Joker...

In the end, the President is more important than the civilians in this scenario so Cap just radio's Nick Fury or the Avengers to deal with the bombs because saving the President is the top priority of the thread. Worse case scenario, Cap saves the President and then kills the Joker for the deaths caused by the bombs back in NYC.

Agreed. Cap, with some assist, can probably stop Joker. But he can't stop the scenario on his own.

And him vs. Joker isn't quite a stomp. Joker's a better fighter than he gets credit for on here.

psycho gundam
fine, it takes cap 5 blows to kill him rather then 3.
seriously, you must not know how serious cap would take a hostage attempt/bomb threat on ny, this will be a take down with extreme prejudice.

Silent Master
IIRC, right after Heroes Reborn, Cap killed a terrorist that was about to set off a bomb, it was the same issue where he fought Lady Deathstrike..

TricksterPriest
fine, it takes cap 5 blows to kill him rather then 3.
seriously, you must not know how serious cap would take a hostage attempt/bomb threat on ny, this will be a take down with extreme prejudice.

And once again, you seriously underestimate the Joker. the man is a prep master on par with Batman, if not better at times. And in terms of H2H, he's beaten Cassie Cain, and others, including Batman himself at times.

Silent Master
To be fair, didn't he beat Batgirl because him being insane messed up her body reading?

Going off second hand info on that, so take it for what it's worth.

psycho gundam
And once again, you seriously underestimate the Joker. the man is a prep master on par with Batman, if not better at times. And in terms of H2H, he's beaten Cassie Cain, and others, including Batman himself at times. what, the joker taking down batman? thats hard to believe, hell that should never happen. do you have scans handy cus that is a must see.

TricksterPriest
what, the joker taking down batman? thats hard to believe, hell that should never happen. do you have scans handy cus that is a must see.

You've never seen Joker fight, have you?
http://agent0x7.tripod.com/joker1.html roll eyes (sarcastic)

brainchild81
Well the bombs are visible to radar. Cap just has to find a way to stop to them all in time and at the same time. Stop the Joker from launching the missile. What's wrong now? I thought Cap is more skilled than Batman right? At least, that's what some people think. So he should have no problem or maybe not..... Quit being childish. People said Cap kicks ass better, not that he's better at stopping bombs from going off or foiling the Joker.

thadarknite84
Originally posted by brainchild81
Quit being childish. People said Cap kicks ass better, not that he's better at stopping bombs from going off or foiling the Joker.

It's my thread my rules, you don't like it, then go to the next one. There is nothing childish about it. It's either Cap stops joker's plan or not. This thread is not to see who is a better fighter. It's about who is a better tactical thinker. You're going off of other people's opinions rather than the real reason behind the thread. And you wouldn't know that because you don't know me.

psycho gundam
You've never seen Joker fight, have you?
http://agent0x7.tripod.com/joker1.html roll eyes (sarcastic) well, batman can but won't kill him. cap isn't restrained by that, he has a "license to kill"

Silent Master
If this was really about who is a better "tactical thinker", why did you keep harping on other people saying Cap was better/more skilled fighter?

brainchild81
Ditto & this is more about bomb diffusal than tactical skill. Bats should logically be way better at deactivating bombs than Cap.Originally posted by thadarknite84
It's my thread my rules, you don't like it, then go to the next one. There is nothing childish about it. It's either Cap stops joker's plan or not. This thread is not to see who is a better fighter. It's about who is a better tactical thinker. You're going off of other people's opinions rather than the real reason behind the thread. And you wouldn't know that because you don't know me. I'm going off of what I quoted you on.Originally posted by thadarknite84
What's wrong now? I thought Cap is more skilled than Batman right? At least, that's what some people think. So he should have no problem or maybe not..... You're either being childish or you just have a lack of comprehension. Your motivation for making it was extremely childish. You're mad 'cuz people think Cap'd beat Batman up. Your statements about what we said about Cap being a better fighter shouldn't have been mentioned in this thread since this has nothing to do w/fighting. You fail.

shiv
Props For the Fresh Thread.

Not Your average Thanos Punches Nova punches Ion thats fer shure.

This could go either way, considering CAP Has TERRITORIAL ADVANTAGE, and is believed to be a Brilliant Strategist And Field Operative. Factor in Caps Experience with liason with Locall and Federall Government and Law Enforcement Agencies and His Shield Clearance....

There is no way the 15 bombs are going off, If I was cap Id recognise a diversion when I see it. And effect a simple jamming device flash my badge at the offices of the nearest citywide fm station set it up and March on The Capital

But Joker would have prepared for such a move, with a mobile base of operations Radio communications being easiest to intercept points to Joker using a cellphone or sattelliite broadband to detonate the big bomb.

a fine test on Strategic Strength IMO

thadarknite84
Originally posted by shiv
Props For the Fresh Thread.

Not Your average Thanos Punches Nova punches Ion thats fer shure.

This could go either way, considering CAP Has TERRITORIAL ADVANTAGE, and is believed to be a Brilliant Strategist And Field Operative. Factor in Caps Experience with liason with Locall and Federall Government and Law Enforcement Agencies and His Shield Clearance....

There is no way the 15 bombs are going off, If I was cap Id recognise a diversion when I see it. And effect a simple jamming device flash my badge at the offices of the nearest citywide fm station set it up and March on The Capital

But Joker would have prepared for such a move, with a mobile base of operations Radio communications being easiest to intercept points to Joker using a cellphone or sattelliite broadband to detonate the big bomb.

a fine test on Strategic Strength IMO

Thanks. That's the same thing I was thinking when I started this thread. That it's a test of strategic strength.

TricksterPriest
It's a good concept, but it's a fight almost no one can win. Only Batman could hope to win this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.