Thor vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Manowar
i believe this was covered in the JLA/Avengers crossover, and im pretty sure Superman won

does anyone have a picture of them fighting??

SnakeEyes
nope sorry

Magee
No sorry, but i have to say it was a pretty shit fight, few punches here and there, superman wins.
Jla/Avengers crossover was excellent on the whole though, lol sorry just needed to say oh and george perez rules!

Victor Von Doom
http://vu.morrissey-solo.com/moz/perez/news/030904.jpg

I'd go with Thor I think.

IRTMU-Dragon
Sweet pic.

Arachnoidfreak
Sure, post the pic that backs your argument. There's also a time in that very same series where Superman beats Thor into unconciousness, and then the Avengers all jump onto Superman and beat his ass. The Aquaman saves him.

SnakeEyes
Yeah, that fight was dissapointing. I was also angry cuz i wanted to see Batman beat Captain America!!!!!!!

JuggernautFan
i think superman would win. but king thor might just have the magical abilities to bring superman down. not 100% positive though, because king thor isn't nearly as experienced in the use of the odin power as odin himself was.

ScarletSpider
Like Magee said, it was a shit fight. Can't Mjolnir absorb and redirect energy blasts? Thor should have done that and shrugged off Supes' ray vision crap and handed him his ass. IMHO. Yeah.

moshtitan
id say thor. he maybe not as strong or as fast, but supes is vulnerable to magic and thors a far better fighter than supes, so im not goin with superMAN, im goin with the GOD of thunder

Manowar
well Superman won, but i think Thor with the Odin force would win

ScarletSpider
Regular Thor gets owned by Superman.

Special edition, mail away with 4 UPC's, Odinforce Thor owns Superman.

There we go, now this doesn't have to turn into a thread with 45 pages about pure nothingness.

Alpha Centauri
*Thor flies into battle and Superman intercepts*

Thor: By Odin! A raging pansy in red tights hast impeded my progression.

Superman: Can't let you past buddy.

Thor: Move aside thou red and blue guy with hair curl akin to John Travolta.

*Superman walks toward Thor*

Superman: Now Buddy I warne......

(See pic below)
http://vu.morrissey-solo.com/moz/perez/news/030904.jpg

-AC

ScarletSpider
lol

moshtitan
thats what i like to read.

FrothByte
this has already been discussed before. out of 10 fights thor would probably win 8. superman has nothing against mjolnir... if thor throws it away then its a different story... but with it, supes won't really last very long. that crossover was bullshit.

Manowar
hahaha nice story

Linkalicious
it'd be nice to see in a Superman vs. Thor 1 on 1 crossover, but these JLA crossovers make it so that the fight is shorter in order to add more plot line to the comic.

I think Thor could eventually take Superman....but it's be a really really good 3 or 4 comic series...lotsa fighting.

Magee
yea superman did win but in the final issue when thor is talking to aquaman he says that another bout with the kryptonian might hold surprises for him now that he has his number.
But tbh i think superman could beat thor as he is just more powerful, my opinon dont hate me happy

IRTMU-Dragon
Well, I dont like superman because to me hes just some character who was thought up in like 30 seconds by some people who needed a uber man who could accomplish or do anything.
Thor, if he got his magic straight could probably dull supermans abilities, but hes just a little freggin cheapo hero, he probably would come back and be resistant and blah blah.
Id go with thor.... but im not sure if the writer would.

vu_Quang
well whoever would win i do think superman would be worthy enough to lift thor's hammer.

Alpha Centauri
I back Thor in this one.

-AC

Manowar
i only back Odinforce Thor
but i back regular Superman (if its regular Thor)

BootlegBoys420
I Know Its Been Done...
Ive Seen Most Of The Replies Posted For Different Threads About These Two...
But Im Sitting Here With A Book... I See The Results Of This... But I Want To See What Everyone Thinks Would Happen... City Setting One On One... No Prep Time

Kento
I say its 50/50 chance on this fight

Scoobless
have you read this page

http://www.silver-surfer.us/Top10list/Top10List.htm

it's not bad

Never
Originally posted by Scoobless
have you read this page

http://www.silver-surfer.us/Top10list/Top10List.htm

it's not bad

It's horrible. Mjolnir could simply absorb Surfer's blasts, why would he try to dodge them?

Look at the Surfer vs. Hulk fight. Idiotic. Surfer already just absorbed his gamma radiation and converted him back into Banner.

*sigh*

Scoobless
it says he would block and absorb them for the most part........ did you read it?

Cosmic Cube
While the lists reasons are really stupid, its listings are moderately accurate. Then again, not really. Though I agree that Thor would beat Superman, this list is far from accurate. It fails to account for many of the characters abilities.

BootlegBoys420
Well...
The Book Im Reading (Avengers VS JLA) Has It A Bit Different Than Most People Here See It...
Thor Definitely Hits Superman Very Hard With Mjolnir... Being A Magical Artifact...
But Thor Himself Isnt A Magical Being... God Doesnt Mean Magical... Superman Arises From His Magical Ass Whoopin In True Big Blue Fashion And Proceeds To Pummel The Daylights Out Of Thor...
Answering Thors Calls Of "I Am A God" With...
"Youre A God? You Seem A Pretty Small God... Of A Small Planet..."
And Pummels Him While The Rest Of The Avengers Watch In Awe...
Granted The Avengers (En Masse Mind You) Proceed To Batter Superman... Then Superman And Thor Proceed To Rise From Their Respective Thrashings At The Same Time...
My Point Is... Thor Got Pummeled, By Superman By Himself... It Took All Of The Avengers To bTake Superman Down...
Pick Up Avengers VS JLA... Its A Pretty Good Book... $ Issues... Decent Story...

We Be Bootleg...

We Run These Streets!!!!!!

Scoobless
it's pretty much accepted that crossovers like that aren't worth much in an argument....... do you really think a Superman V's Thor fight would finish that easily or quickly? neither of them used anything other than strength attacks....... That may be Superman's biggest power but Thor has a range of Mystical attacks with the hammer that never featured that would lay Superman out flat

Hegemon875
I personally thinks supes is stronger but thor would win because of supes magical weakness.

Never
Originally posted by Scoobless
it says he would block and absorb them for the most part........ did you read it?

My commenting on the Surfer vs. Hulk fight should preclude your question, no?

Have you any clue how powerful Mjolnir is?

BootlegBoys420
Thor Never Got To Use Any Other Attacks... He Hit Him With The Hammer... Rocked Him... Then Got Laid Out... I Can See That Happening... Superman Wouldnt Hold Back After Taking A Magical Attack Of That Measure... But Hey... Thats Just My Opinion... I Would've Written It Pretty Much The Same Way... There Are A few Guys That Can Take Supes... But I Just Cant See Thor Being One Of Them...

Never
Originally posted by BootlegBoys420
But I Just Cant See Thor Being One Of Them...

That's funny, the gentleman that wrote Superman (Dan Jurgens) thinks otherwise.

But what does HE know?

BootlegBoys420
thats Nice... Next Time You Talk To Dan Jurgens Tell Him To Give Me A Call Too... I Wanna Ask Him When Was The Last Time He Wrote In A Superman Book... Characters Evolve... Change From What They Were Originally Made For... But Yeah... Im Pretty Sure Jurgens Wrote Everything That Has Ever Happened, Not Happened And Changed For Superman Since 1939...

Alpha Centauri
Can you stop capitalising every first letter? It's extremely annoying.

Thor is the man. Supes is a shit when faced with magic.

-AC

BootlegBoys420
No Not Really... But Ill Sincerely Try... Here We Go... im Trying... Its Not Working... Sorry...

Scoobless
Originally posted by Never
My commenting on the Surfer vs. Hulk fight should preclude your question, no?

this was your comment

Originally posted by Never
Look at the Surfer vs. Hulk fight. Idiotic. Surfer already just absorbed his gamma radiation and converted him back into Banner.

whereas this is what the site said

"VS. HULK: The Hulk may be physically stronger than the Surfer, but c'mon, our boy Norrin would never let the Hulk get near him. He'd zip up on the Hulk at near-lightspeed, unleash just a fraction of the power cosmic and, when the Hulk came to at the bottom of the smoking crater a couple days later, the Surfer'd be done kicking the crap out of the rest of the heros on this list."

it said nothing about absorbing gamma radiation........ hence the question

Alpha Centauri
There's no excuse for ignorance.

You have to make a point to capitalise every first letter, so stop doing it. It's not hard to type correctly.

-AC

Never
thats Nice... Next Time You Talk To Dan Jurgens Tell Him To Give Me A Call Too... I Wanna Ask Him When Was The Last Time He Wrote In A Superman Book... Characters Evolve... Change From What They Were Originally Made For... But Yeah... Im Pretty Sure Jurgens Wrote Everything That Has Ever Happened, Not Happened And Changed For Superman Since 1939...

Okay bright guy, why don't you detail for us precisely what is different in Superman's abilities since Dan Jurgens was involved in a Superman project? Tell us exactly how Superman has "evolved?"

Surfer absorbed Hulk's gamma radiation in an old battle. Never said or implied that the battle I referenced was from the site.

BootlegBoys420
Ok... At Your Insistence... I Will Once Again Attempt To Stop... Here We Go... Im Trying... Nope Cant Do It... And Watch Who You Call Ignorant... Youd Be Surprised... I Wish We Were Sitting In The Same To See If You Even Use The Word Ignorant Around Me...

DigiMark007
Thor. Crossovers are worthless for argument purposes, and Thor has magic to aid him. There's probably people Supes can beat that Thor can't, but head-to-head the magic is the decider.

And AC, lighten up. I find Mr. Bootleg rather amusing, grammatical issues notwithstanding. And besides, "We Be Bootleg" and similar jargon is just a harmless form of roleplaying...which is what a lot of comic-book reading is anyway.

-DM

Never
I Wish We Were Sitting In The Same To See If You Even Use The Word Ignorant Around Me...

LoL.

Are you in Maryland, DC or Virginia? Reaaaally easy to find out.

'Net gangstas...gotta love 'em...

Alpha Centauri
It's annoying to read his posts Digi, that's why I mentioned it.

-AC

BootlegBoys420
Thank You Digimark... This Is All In Good Fun... As For "Internet Gangstas" As... LOL Never Put It... Believe If You Knew Me Trust Me... Thats The Last Thing To Apply To Me... There Are 4 Of Us Here... I Dont Think Any Of Us Are"Ganstas" Be It Internet Or Not... Now... I Will Continue To Type As I See Fit... No Amount Of Your Mindless Dribbling Aboutr My Grammar Is Going To Stop Me... Its How You Can Tell Me Apart From My Friends... Also... Dont Get It Twisted... I Have Absolutely No Problem Letting You Know Where Im From... New York...

As Always...

We Be Bootleg...

We Run These Streets!!!!!!!!

Never
Thank You Digimark... This Is All In Good Fun... As For "Internet Gangstas" As... LOL Never Put It... Believe If You Knew Me Trust Me... Thats The Last Thing To Apply To Me... There Are 4 Of Us Here... I Dont Think Any Of Us Are"Ganstas" Be It Internet Or Not... Now... I Will Continue To Type As I See Fit... No Amount Of Your Mindless Dribbling Aboutr My Grammar Is Going To Stop Me... Its How You Can Tell Me Apart From My Friends... Also... Dont Get It Twisted... I Have Absolutely No Problem Letting You Know Where Im From... New York...

As Always...

We Be Bootleg...

We Run These Streets!!!!!!!!

"They said you're a wanksta, and you need to stop frontin'..."

BootlegBoys420
Loser Much Never?
Youre Sittin Here... Spittin Lame Ass Rap Quotes... When Thats Probably Dont Even Know The Rest Of The Song... Youve Probably Never Even Been Around A Hood To Know What That Line Really Means... You Assume... For Your Enlightment... A Wanksta Is A Person Who Claims They Hustle (For Your Sake, Ill Let You Know What Hustle Means, Cracker Boy, It Means To Sell Narcotic Of Any Sort) And Are Nothing Than Nickle And Dime Dealers(Small Timers)...If You Actually Listened To Anything Other Than The Hook Youd Know That... Now If You Want To Call Some A Serious Buster... Try Fugazi... Like You A Fugazi Never... And There Are Plenty Of Changes In The Superman Character... When Superman First Came Out, He Truly Could Do Anything You Can Think Of... Alter The Time Stream, Turn Invisible, ETC... Since The Post Crisis Era... Superman Has Been Pretty Consistent In His Powers... Not Changing For Every Situation (Like It Did From 1939-1985)... So Learn Your Sh!t Before You Come Speak To Me On Any Level... Aight?

We Be Bootleg...

We Run These Streets!!!!!!!

Never
Savant, I DID ask you, quote:

Did I not?

Did I say that Superman has NEVER evolved through the silver and golden age? No, I asked you what is different in Superman's abilities since Jurgens was involved (you know, Jurgens who did the Doomsday battles)?

How did you miss that? Perhaps you should go bootleg yourself a Reading Comprehension textbook?

LMAO @ "cracker boy." Biatch (or after seeing "Be Cool" I should say...biaiaiaiaiatch), Spanishtown Jamaica me born and grow.

A "serious buster?" Man I run past Clarendon between Flatbush and Schnectady. Have people in the BX (near Moodie's records) and Queens. You claim you live in NY? Must be SYRACUSE.

"you've been hustling a LONG time and you ain't got nuttin'..."

Wanksta...bootlegger...apparently the connection went way over your fitted cap, right?

LoL

savagerampage
Thor mops the floor with superman

SarKastic_OJ
Thor already lost, arguing this battle is the same as arguing woudl the Hulk beat Gladiator, it already happened and to tell you the truth our opinions mean crap..

Superman pummeled Thor, Thor got saved by his boyz and thats a wrap, yeah Superman sucks when it comes to magic but somehow he still managed to overcome it(as does he with most obstacles) and proceeded to let Thor know that just because you have the title of God it doesn't mean you're invincible....

Like it or hate it, Superman already won.....

kgkg
Originally posted by SarKastic_OJ
Thor already lost, arguing this battle is the same as arguing woudl the Hulk beat Gladiator, it already happened and to tell you the truth our opinions mean crap..

Superman pummeled Thor, Thor got saved by his boyz and thats a wrap, yeah Superman sucks when it comes to magic but somehow he still managed to overcome it(as does he with most obstacles) and proceeded to let Thor know that just because you have the title of God it doesn't mean you're invincible....

Like it or hate it, Superman already won.....

wov beated lobo with no effort

lobo beats superman

so according to that wov will murder sups

like i said thor wins and crossover sucks

long pig
Superman is only vulnerable against magic of "sufficient" force, maybe Thor's hammer that was crafted by the most powerful Gods ever to wander the universe wasnt "sufficient" enough for DC's fanloved superman. Or we could just use the obvious...superman wins cuz hes superman!!

DrDoom
I like how the JLA/Avengers fight went. It went just like I figured a first time meeting would go between the two.
Thor is used to overpowering his foes in hand-to-hand combat so why would he try anything different this time? Too bad Superman was a bit stronger than he was (and was smart enough to use heat vision on him to wear him down).

Like Thor says to aquaman in JLA/Avengers # 4: "The next battle may very well hold surprises for the...Kryptonian you said?"

I'm sure Thor would pull out Mjolnir's bag of tricks next time and lay Superman out, because he knows that he can't take him out with brute force.

Thor's lightning is mystical in nature, and it would be strong enough to hurt Superman.

Thor wins 7/10 times. Without his hammer Superman would own him everytime though.

savagerampage
Superman is so overated, Thor would cream him no if ands or buts

long pig
but...if...NO! hes superman!
why did the fake superman have to die instead of the real one???

DrDoom
How is Superman overrated?

If you look up overrated in the dictionary you'll see a picture of Wolverine, not superman.

eleveninches
Do dictionaries still have picturrees???

ZephroCarnelian
This is a good matchup. Both are awesome Characters.

Supes is physically the more powerful of the two, but his invulnerability is compromised by magic.

If Thor went all out and unleashed his arsenal of magic powers, he could take Supes down. If he tried to stand toe-to-toe he wouldn't.

SarKastic_OJ
To defeat Superman you have to be damn near unbeatable, and when I define "unbeatable" I mean an all out powerhouse..

Now the last time I checked the records, the Hulk beat the CRAP out of Thor on more occasions than Thor defeated him...And when I say the Hulk beat Thor I literally mean "beat" him into the ground leaving him in a nearly paralyzed state, disorientated and left for dead..

Now although the Amalgam comic meant crap, the hulk and Superman DID face off in an actual, bonified, non-fanvoted crossover(the 1999 one) in which Superman literally stood unphased from a timed hulk blow..Superman looked to me to have the upper hand in the fight...

Screw the magic argument, Superman has defeated villans whom could pull a rabbit out of their hat many, many times over...That means nothing...It's Superman's far superior invulnerability, speed, battle smarts, strength and versatility that would make him reign supreme..

Thor even faced off against Superman's "mocked" counterpart(Gladiator), resulting in Thor having to use outside help just to gain the upper hand...and to make matters worse he was losing badly...and remember that Gladiator is a mocked character who is destined to "job" to all of Marvel's top-tier's...so you do the math....

In the end, one could argue that Thor is this and that but this crossover between JLA vs The Avengers "wasn't" fan-voted, and is "bonified"...Remember this comic "wasn't" fanvoted and was consented by both DC and Marvel..if you think that this battle is BS then it's only because youre either 1)Anti-Superman 2)A Thor/Avengers fan.

BootlegBoys420
Thank you very much Sarcastic we couldnt have said it better ourselves.It will be a great fight but at the end Sup takes this one.
WE RUN THESE STREETS!!!!!!!!

Mainstream
Originally posted by savagerampage
Superman is so overated, Thor would cream him no if ands or buts

don't get me wrong homeboys and homegirls Superman is strong and all but Thor is a god. I mean Superman being Thor would be like Jubilee beating Wolverine...not likely..if even possible.

BootlegBoys420
Come on!!!!How many times has Sup has taking out characters that were gods.How many times has the Hulk beat Thor.Hulk cant beat Sup DC/MARVEL already establish in 1999.So leave it alone.Superman wins this one
WE RUN THESE STREETS!!!!!!!

Mainstream
hmmmm....don't use crossover when trying to support your arguements. Thor isn't just a god he's a super god..and a super god would mop the floor with a superman...and old chum I am glad you runs these streets.

BootlegBoys420
Well old chum the 1999 crossover wasnt fan voted so now your telling us you know more than the pros.Oh we forgot that part again.SIKE!!

WE RUN THESE STREETS !!!!!!!(old chum)

Mainstream
if you read most comics now adays..the pros don't know jack! Current Supes couldn't take Thor...I hate them both personally..I hope they'd kill one another.burlybrawl

Superherovandal
just because you have the title of a god doesn't make you unable to be defeated. But Thor with Mjolnir will smash Supes without it he will lose. Oh and by the way Supes doesn't store solar energy as just plain solar energy he stores it as Meta-atp. Atp is a substance made in all living bodies. When we use it one of the three phosphates leaves the atp making it an adp and when that happens the energy is released and we perform body's functions. Just in case you needed to know.

DrDoom
Like I said before:

Thor w/ hammer = Nap time for Superman
Thor and Supes toe-to-toe = Laid out Thunder God

It's a simple as that. Unless Superman got ahold of Thor's hammer (and was worthy enough to lift it...which he is).

BootlegBoys420
Ummm... Thor Hit Supes With The Hammer... Rocked Him... But No Nap Time... Well Not For Supes Anyway... Thor Took A Siesta Though...

DrDoom
Yes, he HIT him with the hammer--he never used lightining on him, or summoned a storm.

Magic hurts Superman...and Thor's hammer has very powerful magic at it's disposal.

savagerampage
superman is toast in this fight end of story

kgkg
Originally posted by savagerampage
superman is toast in this fight end of story

exactly , i don't care what those stupid Crossover says.

THor takes this.

juggernaut74
All I have to say is goodnight Thor.

savagerampage
And a goodnight Thor will have after kicking supermans ass

juggernaut74
Anybody says they dont count crossovers in fights if a tard. If you truly believe that then do not post in a fight that is a crossover. Thor has no chance at defeating Superman. Hulk and Juggy can beat Thor for gods sake. Superman is out of both of their leagues.

savagerampage
crossovers are biased towards fan favourites. obviously superman is more popular than thor thus he will beat thor. but in terms of what writers say, wizard magazine etc. thor would school superman every time they fight

juggernaut74
Wizard also had Hulk in that top ten list. I can name a dozen heroes who can defeat him. GL just for starters was not in that list at all and did already beat Savage Hulk in a fight. That list is useless. Marvel allowed Thor to loose to Superman for a reason. They did not have to allow this to happen you know. So just deal with it.

savagerampage
Superman is Dc's flag ship character of course hes not going to lose. If you wanna talk crossovers how about the all access crossover. where venom kicked not only superman,but spidermans ass at the same time. if it wasnt for that access kid to save the day both woulda been toast.
And explain how a class 15 ton venom can hold down annd almost kill a 100 class superman by having him choke on his symbiote costume?

venom is no where near thors league. so how does venom kick supermans ass then?

juggernaut74
I have that comic an did not see it the same way I guess.

savagerampage
ya didnt see it the same way? his symbiote costume is choking the life outta superman, then who shows up spiderman,to interfer! what happens later, venom has superman and spiderman in his grasps then the access kid comes along with a sonic gun. The point is superman was being ragdolled by venom!!! Superman can move planets apparently but cant handle a guy who could hardly toss a tank? there is no logic to that.

I bet if there was another dc vs marvel crossover and you had the fans voting again. and it was superman vs wolverine wolverine would probably win cause he is more popular.

juggernaut74
Well I do have the comic but have not read it in awhile. So the fight is a little blurry in my mind right now.

savagerampage
Take a look at it. its a pretty sad performace on supermans part. he gets his ass handed to him. the point is crossovers shouldnt be taken seriously unless it is done right. how does wolverine beat lobo?lobo has tossed around supes. but loses to wolverine in 5 panels?

juggernaut74
Storm beating WW was kinda gay too I think. But I still dont see Thor beating Superman in a fight.

savagerampage
See what i mean. Thors hammer is magical, and superman is vunerable to magic, not to mention thors is also class 100 strength supes would fall victim to thor. superman would have more then a hardtime with hulk or juggernaut as well. those to are extremely powerful

juggernaut74
Thors Hammer is magical and did have an effect on Superman cause it made him bleed the first time he hit him with. Im guessing its not powerful enough to damage Superman.

savagerampage
well it made him bleed. Imagine what else thor could do with his hammer. if superman bleeds then alot of damage has been done

juggernaut74
True but a direct hit from the mighty Moljnir just made his lip bleed Thor is in trouble.

savagerampage
Again juggs its a crossover. Superman is Dc's mainman hes never gonna lose. Its like marvels flagship guy losing

juggernaut74
Wolverine has been defeated quite a few times. So has Spiderman. Imo those two are Marvels flagship characters.

savagerampage
have they been defeated in a cross over though?

juggernaut74
Deathstroke took out the x-men in a TeenTitans crossover and Wolverine included. Superman and Spiderman had a crossover but I and not familiar with it.

savagerampage
didnt spiderman and superman team up against someone? Spiderman is more marvels flagship than wolverine

juggernaut74
Good question. I need to buy a copy that is the only crossover I do not have.

shadow177a17
I dont know anything about the Odin Force thor but i know for a fact that superman would win if it was a fight between the regular thor. if superman knocks the hammer from thor and he picks the hammer up which he probably would he would beat up thor like he owed him money.

WW_Rules
Super MAN vs Thunder GOD. Nuff said, Thor owns Superman.

cherry cola
this fight has been discussed many times before with many outcomes. we all know about the magical abilities of mjolnir and superman's # of phyiscal power advantage in the the end i think Thor's magic will beat supe's phyiscal advantage.

ZephroCarnelian
Post-crisis Supes would give him a good fight... but unless there's bad writing, he shouldn't really win...

Thor has too much of a magical advantage - and Mjolnir kicks ass lol.

Pre-Crisis Supes would just throw a planet or two at him n that'd be the end of it. But that'd be boring n that's y we don't have PreC Supes anymore lol.

Arachnoidfreak
Thor.

Superman is weak to magic. That's it, end of argument.

jrodslam
Im kinda getting tired of people saying that Thors magic is too much for Superman. Last time I read, it takes a pretty high degree of majic to stop him. I believe it was Kingdom Come where Supes fough Shazam and took multiple lighting bolts from him. Yes it did get Supes to his knees, but he kept getting up. I think that Shazam's magic bolts are stronger and more magical than Thor's and Superman still put up a good fight. I just dont think Thos so called magic is stron enough to affect Superman to the point he looses to it. IMO that is. Someone correct me if im wrong. Any Shazam fans out there that can back what im saying?

kgkg
Originally posted by jrodslam
Im kinda getting tired of people saying that Thors magic is too much for Superman. Last time I read, it takes a pretty high degree of majic to stop him. I believe it was Kingdom Come where Supes fough Shazam and took multiple lighting bolts from him. Yes it did get Supes to his knees, but he kept getting up. I think that Shazam's magic bolts are stronger and more magical than Thor's and Superman still put up a good fight. I just dont think Thos so called magic is stron enough to affect Superman to the point he looses to it. IMO that is. Someone correct me if im wrong. Any Shazam fans out there that can back what im saying?

Thor is stonger than CM

Thor is not only Magic , even if superman wasn't weak to Magic , Thor can equal superman strenght.

Magic just add a plus in favor of THor.

even without magic having effect of Sups thor will be his equal if not greater.

you do realize THor Super Powerful , and add magic to that you get the picture.

Arachnoidfreak
Originally posted by jrodslam

What the ****? How are you going to prove that Captain Marvel is more magical than Thor??

And secondly, Kingdom Come Superman is from an Elseworlds title AND it was based in the future. That hardly qualifies as standard Superman.

And AC, it's hardly fair to use a picture from the JLA/Avengers crossover. Yes, Thor did that to Superman, but then in the same series Superman beat Thor to unconciousness. JLA/Avengers is not a good source for facts to back an argument.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
What the ****? How are you going to prove that Captain Marvel is more magical than Thor??

CM powers
http://www.starnet-database.com/dbase_deo/profiles/captains_marvel/powerofshazam.html

Can you prove Thors powers are more magical?

SarKastic_OJ
You guys can go with Thor all you like but in reality Superman already beat the living crap out him right before being jumped by the avengers..Now this crossover was bonified as it wasn't fanvoted like the amalgam one where Wolverine beat lobo.

Both Marvel/DC parties agreed on doing this comic and didn't go on popularity..

Besides, did you see what an angry hulk did to one Thor in plenty of occasions..He literally beat Thor into the ground as the blonde so-called god layed there disorientated and damn near paralyzation..

Superman withstood a timed and direct Hulk blow..head on and stood there unphased...something I "never" saw Thor do...

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
Thor.

Superman is weak to magic. That's it, end of argument. And Thors magic is weak. Only Magic of sufficient force can hurt Superman.

Cosmic Cube
Crossovers. Are. Bullshit. Period.
DC wouldn't let their flagship character get beat by a Marvel second-stringer.

Pre-Crisis Superman was also knocked clear out of Metropolis by a punch from Hulk. Superman has the ability to remain immovable at will. That's why he took the punches from Hulk. He certainly wasn't unfazed; that's why he quickly destroyed the little noisemaker by Hulk's ear. Had he taken a few more, he would likely buckle.

Thor whacks Superman with Mjolnir. Fight over.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube

Thor whacks Superman with Mjolnir. Fight over.
Thor tried that already and it didnt go so well.

Cosmic Cube
Read the first line of my last post.

Thor's equally as strong, he's faster than Superman, a way better fighter, and he's got divine magic at his disposal.

There's no way in hell he should lose.

juggernaut74
We already went though this deal on Thor being faster. Thor has no superspeed at all. Sure he has a speed rating of 7 but that cause of his teleportation with his hammer. I guess he could use it to teleport away from Superman.

Draco69
Exactly. I've read other bios with characters that have Class 7 speed. Take Magik for example. In the OHOTMU Women of Marvel 2005, she has Class 7 speed. Why? Because she can teleport. Same thing with Nightcrawler. Thor is not faster than Superman.

Although Thor would win 6 times out of 10.

juggernaut74
Dr. Strange is another cause he has a 7 rating also. Superman wins 9 out of 10 loosing one cause he feels sorry for Thor.

JWangSDC
LoL I'm glad you like to pass off WIzard's idea's as your own.

But I must admit, I agree with you. I think Thor will be Superman 8/10 times. Superman is faster and possibly strogner, but he's never been as skilled in his use of strength. Plus Thor has a myriad of attacks he could use. It's fnny that I think Thor would win, but then I must also confess that I believe supes would be classic incarnations of the hulk

Originally posted by WW_Rules
Super MAN vs Thunder GOD. Nuff said, Thor owns Superman.

King Burger
I wonder how many of the people here who choose Thor,
choose him because they genuinely believe he can beat
Superman, and how many choose him because they want
him to beat Superman, because they hate Superman so
much?

I never understood this hatred towards Superman. Granted
Superman's boy-scout attitude may get annoying at times,
but it's still nothing compared to Thor's intolerable "Thou
mortals...I am the son of Asgard..." arrogant bulls***!

Still, there is no way Thor can beat Superman. Superman is
much stronger, and much fatser, than Thor. Even Hulk, a
character that I do like cannot beat Superman, and Hulk
can beat Thor.

Maybe Thor's magic can help him, but in a fist-to-fist sight, Thor
does a "Mike Tyson's Punch Out"-Glass Joe impression, and goes
down.

kgkg
superman is weak to magic what will hurt

more a hit for his hammer , or a punch by superman

by the way thor is almost as stong as sups , add the hammer and magic superman is going down.

don't bring crossover if you guys want it so much then here i will give you example.

CM fought Superman to a draw (dc comic)

Thor beat the shit out of CM pretty bad.

Cm is not even weak to magic.

If it's superman you get the picture.

The only reason you see Superman winning is because his DC (banner) like Wov , and Spiderman are marvel and why they beated people they shouldn't

am not saying superman is weak or something it's just Thor with his hammer to superman face and his going go down after few hits.

SarKastic_OJ
You guys give Thor way too much credit......

I forget which issue it was BUT the Hulk literally beat Thor into the friggin ground...God or not, Thor lay in a giant hole, nearly paralyzed and battered while the Hulk walked off looking for another challenge..

I NEVER saw Superman beaten in such a humiliating manner...

Superman may be vulnerable to magic in some cases but he has toppled foes whom could pull a rabbit out of their hat on many separate occasions..Screw a stinking hammer, Gladiator(Superman clone) beat the shiznit out of Thor right before Thor called upon Living Lightning to come to his aid and "help" him defeat Gladiator....

Thor lacks the versatility Superman posesses, Thor has no Superspeed, heat vision, ice breathe or the strength in which Superman has at his mere disposal...

supermanprime
thor cannot match the heart of supes and therefore will lose against the most ionic character in comic book history

who?-kid
Good fight, but I think Superman takes it in the end. Stronger, faster and more durable.

Sure he will feel the hammer (that is, if he suddenly becomes so slow he can't dodge anymore) and magic will hurt him, but I don't think Thor possesses the magic required to actually beat Superman. Superman ain't just gonna stand there.

Jason8200
Here is a the picture from the JLA / Avenger #4.... I think it speaks for itself.

juggernaut74
Can you post the picture of Thor taking a nap in issue #2?

Jason8200
He probably needed it.

savagerampage
Please lets not bring crossover fights into these arguments, cause then u have venom beating the crap outta superman, and apparently spiderman actually won against superman. read it in a thread here somewhere they had a crossover etc. now take those crossovers into account. Thor would win the fight bottomline no if ands or buts

Cosmic Cube
CROSSOVERS ARE BS. Venom beat Superman unconscious in a crossover. That speaks volumes about a crossovers tenacity.

One whack from Mjolnir puts supes under.

savagerampage
yep all access number 1, class 15 venom beats the crap outta class 100 superman. hardtimes

juggernaut74
apparently Venom can beat Thor then too.

savagerampage
well if u wanna go according to crossovers venom is probably one of the most powerful beings then. manhandling both superman and spiderman each in one arm

Jason8200
I have to go with Superman... Thor is pretty powerful but his magic is not strong enough to really hurt Superman. Thor might be a better fighter but Superman is smarter and faster. I will give the benefit of the doubt to Thor that they are almost even in strength and toughness but as fas as speed and intelligence goes... Superman dominates.

Jason8200
There is a difference between Venom "manhandling" Superman and him shoving Symbiote or whatever down his throat and Superman being stunned for a second.

savagerampage
Stun for a second? you getting me superman got his ass handed to him in that issue. venom tossed superman into a bus, no matter how u look at it. Superman lost to venom, so did spiderman, if it wasnt for that access kid with the sonic gun, both would have been toast.

and its a crossover if that were an actual event superman would beat venom with ease.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Jason8200
I have to go with Superman... Thor is pretty powerful but his magic is not strong enough to really hurt Superman. Thor might be a better fighter but Superman is smarter and faster. I will give the benefit of the doubt to Thor that they are almost even in strength and toughness but as fas as speed and intelligence goes... Superman dominates.

Currently, Thor has all of the power of Odin. His magic is divine. It is more than enough to put Supes out like a light. Thor has godlike speed, and he can fly at warp speeds, (way faster than Supes,) with Mjolnir. However, he doesn't fly at warp speeds on earth because of the disturbance it would cause. Thor is way too much for Superman.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by juggernaut74
apparently Venom can beat Thor then too.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Currently, Thor has all of the power of Odin. Currently Thor is dead.

Cosmic Cube
As of when?

It doesn't matter anyway. No one stays dead in a comic book. Everyone's immortal.

juggernaut74
Thor has been dead for 7 months. Where ya been?

Cosmic Cube
Somewhere not reading the Avengers. Hah. I only read JLA, Superman, and X-Men, and Hulk now. What happened?

Draco69
Thor didn't really "die". Don't know what really happened to him though...

juggernaut74
Hes on the cover of the Handbook titled "Book of the Dead"

Cosmic Cube
What happened, juggernaut74?

juggernaut74
After Odin perished battling Surtur, Thor became the new ruler of Asgard and claimed his fathers Odinpower, though the power subsequently left him. When the forge which created Mjolnir fell into the hands of Surtur, Thor found Asgard plunged into Rangnarok. Determining that the "gods above all gods" known as Those Who Sit Above in Shadow had manipulated Asgard into repeating the cycle of Ragnarok, he sought them out and gave his life to destroy them. The Odinpower, having manifested itself as a young Asgardian, congratulated Thor on his final victory, the plan his father had always had for him.

That about says it all.

Cosmic Cube
So he's *sniff* dead?

So what. He still kicks Superman's ass.

ArekExcelsior2
Yeah, Superman doesn't strike me as a god, even considering Thor's limitations. Superman could probably beat Hercules in a 'rasslin match, but I think Thor has this one.

h1a8

ZephroCarnelian
Fantastic argument H1a8!

I agree with a lot of the stuff you said - I like the stuff you said about his bio-matrix being vulnerable to some radiations - that explains about K-Nite too - which also gives out radiation of strange wavelengths.

I don't think the fight would be as easy to pull off as you suggest though.

Supes definitely does have the POTENTIAL to whupp Thor, if he went all out - but he never does. It would be out of character.

Plus, Thor is much older with more experience than Supes. AND his magical powers aren't limited to summoning weather - what about the Godforce he can summon? If Supes tried to stand there and take it like he does with most things, he'd certainly be very injured or even killed.

Both are good characters - both stand for might and right. But though I love Supes and believe he has the power to pull it off if he tried, I think he'd find it tough going...

JWangSDC

Jason8200
That was an awesome arguement. If you are voting for Thor there is no point to come back with just your opinion... show some facts or dont respond.

juggernaut74
I hope Cosmic Cube reads that post.

K3VIL

Wynndar
yea...dont post stuff about Thor based on bios or COMIC BOOK CARDS HAHAHAHAHA.
-Thor lifted the Jormungad Serpent...a creature wrapped around the whole planet, that caused the whole Earth to quake...i think he has also held up the world trade center on another occasion. (more than 100 tons)
-Thor's strength and durability are not due to an energy field or aura or self telekinises like Superman...but the actual strength of his tissues, Thus Thor is 600+lbs and Superman is 235
-Thor is obviously far more durable than 3 times that of kevlar...we dont even need to argue this since he has survived hits from Thanos.
-Thor, the true Thor, NOT ERIC MASTERSON, has fought Gladiator...and if anyone actually read the comic book they would understand the speed discrepancy.
-godforce blast has stopped juggernaut, harmed a celestial, and made Galactus retreat...it would vaporize superman
-Mjolnir has another power that wasnt mentioned...it can absorb any form of energy...thus making it extremely dangerous to someone like Superman, who unlike Hulk or Hercules, doesnt have truly dense tissue and invulnerability....If Thor absorbs Superman's aura, he will be left just as vulnerable as when his aura was exhausted and Doomsday killed him
-Despite what comic book cards have said, marvel handbook published that Thor's fighting abilities were "excellent in hand to hand combat", the same description they gave SABRETOOTH'S fighting skills.
-Dont argue about speed, u know very well Superman can move so fast because DC characters r written without the slightest grasp on science, if someone in the MU moved as fast as superman they would cause enough shockwave and air resistance to ignite the atmosphere and kill all their allies around them.

it was a good post though, but clearly bias for superman and uninformed statements about Thor.

Bottom line, it would be a close fight...it could be written to go either way and Thor could also certainly easily win if he used Mjolnir's ability to absorb energy.

Draco69
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Fantastic argument H1a8!

I agree with a lot of the stuff you said - I like the stuff you said about his bio-matrix being vulnerable to some radiations - that explains about K-Nite too - which also gives out radiation of strange wavelengths.

I don't think the fight would be as easy to pull off as you suggest though.

Supes definitely does have the POTENTIAL to whupp Thor, if he went all out - but he never does. It would be out of character.

Plus, Thor is much older with more experience than Supes. AND his magical powers aren't limited to summoning weather - what about the Godforce he can summon? If Supes tried to stand there and take it like he does with most things, he'd certainly be very injured or even killed.

Both are good characters - both stand for might and right. But though I love Supes and believe he has the power to pull it off if he tried, I think he'd find it tough going...

Saints Above. A junior member who doesn't sprout useless rhetoric. WELCOME TO KMC FORUMS! Excellent argument! big grin

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Wynndar

-Mjolnir has another power that wasnt mentioned...it can absorb any form of energy...thus making it extremely dangerous to someone like Superman, who unlike Hulk or Hercules, doesnt have truly dense tissue and invulnerability....If Thor absorbs Superman's aura, he will be left just as vulnerable as when his aura was exhausted and Doomsday killed him

Thors hammer cannot absorb all forms of energy.

Draco69
It's faulty really. If Thor can absorb Superman's aura why couldn't he absorb Wonder Man's ionic aura or Count Nefaria's ionic aura or Hyperion's solar aura or....

juggernaut74
Well Wynndar is right it can absorb certain forms of energy just not all forms like he stated.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>