Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sithsaber408
New documentary film, coming out next friday:

iV8sN1UngFY

Ben Stien is awesome.

movie website: http://www.expelledthemovie.com/playground.php

Robtard
Shit, ID must be true if Ben Stien supports it.

Then again, he kind of uses the Argumentum ad Nazium as a means to denounce Evolution (he calls it Darwinism). Dumb.

I do have a question, why do ID supporters try to disprove Evolution as a means to prove ID? Wouldn't it be better to just prove ID, as disproving something doesn't necessarily prove something true?

Robtard
Ignore those questions, it is the wrong forum.

sithsaber408
The point of the film is not necessarily to prove one side wrong over the other (though Stein is an admitted ID supporter) but rather to show how teachers, professors, etc... are fired, lose tenure, lose grants, etc... just for even presenting the option of ID, with corresponding facts, and the holes in Evolution theory. Of course, that's a direct violation of free speech.

Robtard
Originally posted by sithsaber408
The point of the film is not necessarily to prove one side wrong over the other (though Stein is an admitted ID supporter) but rather to show how teachers, professors, etc... are fired, lose tenure, lose grants, etc... just for even presenting the option of ID, with corresponding facts, and the holes in Evolution theory. Of course, that's a direct violation of free speech.

Because ID has it's routes in religion, that's why.

Would you be okay with a treacher teaching your child on how "Islam is the one and only true religion"?

jaden101
Originally posted by sithsaber408

there is no corresponding facts for ID and so to teach it as a science should be a sackable offence in my opinion...

the films idiotic idea is that evolution will somehow mean the destruction of the concept of god and thus make society morally bankrupt and lead to another holocaust...what complete nonsense...i mean...it has a scene in the Daschau concentration camp and basically points to the idea that the theory of evolution will lead to similar atrocities

new scientist has an article shredding the film to pieces this week...here's a blog about it

http://www.newscientist.com/blog/shortsharpscience/2008/03/are-id-proponents-being-silenced.html

read the bit about what happened at the films premier and the question session with the producer afterwards.

BackFire
"Originally filmed with the consent of the scientists depicted as a documentary called "Crossroads" about the intersection of science and religion. Subsequently, the film's title and production company all changed without the knowledge of those they interviewed. The evolutionary biologists depicted in the movie have since objected to the inter-cutting of their interviews with footage of Hitler and Nazi stormtroopers. In response, the producers have labeled these scientists "hypocrites"."

From IMDB.com

Sounds like a fair film.

Robtard
The Hitler Card is usually the last ditch effort of the failing.

I can just see it now, some "teacher" preaching to a bunch of kids in class, "Hitler believed in Evolution, do you want to like Hitler?"

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden101
there is no corresponding facts for ID and so to teach it as a science should be a sackable offence in my opinion...

the films idiotic idea is that evolution will somehow mean the destruction of the concept of god and thus make society morally bankrupt and lead to another holocaust...what complete nonsense...i mean...it has a scene in the Daschau concentration camp and basically points to the idea that the theory of evolution will lead to similar atrocities

new scientist has an article shredding the film to pieces this week...here's a blog about it

http://www.newscientist.com/blog/shortsharpscience/2008/03/are-id-proponents-being-silenced.html

read the bit about what happened at the films premier and the question session with the producer afterwards.

I wonder if you go back through history and you count how many people were killed in the name of God verses how many people were killed in the name of Evolution Theory, what those numbers would be?

BackFire
Several billion to none.

Robtard
Ben Stein will be appearing on Larry King tonight to talk about the movie. Morgan Spurlock will be there to counter.

Might be interesting.

=Tired Hiker=
I could care less about what Ben Stein thinks. That looks like the most boring documentary ever made.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
I could care less about what Ben Stein thinks. That looks like the most boring documentary ever made. Nah, that would be "An Inconvenient Truth".

I saw this film, and from a documentary standpoint, it was well put together. Stein posed his questions to both Intelligent Design proponents and Darwinian Fundamentalists and followed the information through to conclusion. You may disagree with the conclusion, you're welcome to that opinion, but this doesn't change the production values of the project.

It is a misrepresentation to say that this film is attacking science. It is, however, attacking those who would dogmatically exclude viewpoints contradictory to their own.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Acrosurge
Nah, that would be "An Inconvenient Truth".

I saw this film, and from a documentary standpoint, it was well put together. Stein posed his questions to both Intelligent Design proponents and Darwinian Fundamentalists and followed the information through to conclusion. You may disagree with the conclusion, you're welcome to that opinion, but this doesn't change the production values of the project.

It is a misrepresentation to say that this film is attacking science. It is, however, attacking those who would dogmatically exclude viewpoints contradictory to their own. The way you phrased that already makes me believe that you have already chosen a side and no evidence whatsoever can convince you otherwise.

Robtard
Originally posted by Acrosurge
Nah, that would be "An Inconvenient Truth".

It is a misrepresentation to say that this film is attacking science. It is, however, attacking those who would dogmatically exclude viewpoints contradictory to their own.

It's purpose is to attack Evolutuion Theory (or Darwinism according to the film), discredit it and supplement itself as the truth. As is typical ID tactic. All under the disguise of, "hey, why do you guys pick on us and try to shut us up?" *gives puppy-dog look*

Some niffy CGI and double-wording doesn't conceal all.

ragesRemorse
The only thing Ben Stein proved with this movie is that he doesnt even have a text book understanding of evolution. I used to like Ben Stein, but i can no longer support or respect him with his utter dismissal of knowledge. I believe in Intelligent design, but this movie is nothing but poorly strewn together propaganda.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Robtard
It's purpose is to attack Evolutuion Theory (or Darwinism according to the film), discredit it and supplement itself as the truth. As is typical ID tactic. All under the disguise of, "hey, why do you guys pick on us and try to shut us up?" *gives puppy-dog look*

Some niffy CGI and double-wording doesn't conceal all.
Actually he didn't "attack" at any point in fact he gave evolutionists more time than any one else to explain themselves. He was completely fair to both sides only asking simple questions. Fact of the matter is evolutionists didn't have a clue of what they were talking about. "CRYSTALS!!! On the backs of CRYSTALS!!!" I'll leave it at that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.