Han Solo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ryamathart
I want to hear peoples though as to wether they think that Han will be in the next movie

finti
guess he wont

Ushgarak
Don't think so, though rumours about Chewie persist.

ryamathart
chewies older than than darth sidiouse so thats fits

LanceWindu
No Han, because he would only be in his early teens if that.

finti
early teens in EpIII? I always belived him to be in his late 20`s in ANH so ..... That would make him a bit younger than Boba., according to my view on it

LanceWindu
Ok so younger.

Ushgarak
Basic point still the same.

ryamathart
yah but they got to show how he rescued chewie and when he was in the imperial acedemy so theres still a chance of him being in the movie.

Ushgarak
All EU I am afraid.

ryamathart
thats so goddamn stupid u know what im starting to like eu alot more. Thats so stupid

Ushgarak
Nothing to do with the character GL created- just someone elses interpretation.

ryamathart
yah but still GL didnt really make up anything for han so that would work and would probably be better than anything he could imagine

finti
Didnt need to make a background story on Han, what you see is what you get, EU stuff is really poor stuff.
Why is Eu poor stuff?.
Every new book there is a new ultimate weapon more devastating than the others. Luke is always sick and unable to use his jedi skills to the full, not to mention the force. Leia is always afraid of her kids being kidnaped and so on... and this goes on and on in every damn book

LanceWindu
I have a question finti.

If you hate EU so much then why are you the mod for it?

You'd think you'd mod a place you wanted to.

finti
Aint you able to think a little beyond things Lance?
I was ask to do it, a mod doest have to participate in the discussions .We just have to make sure that it aint get out of hand and it is more or less on topic.

Who ever said I didnt want to mod that area.

Mujaffa
eek! sick

LanceWindu
I assumed that because all you ever do when you do post in the EU forum is bash it.

Mujaffa
http://www.sigmakers.co.uk/images/smilies/spanka.gif

ryamathart
At least theres some sort of story for han and i love EU its much more detailed and explains everything so much morem the the trilogys.
. so han just appears in the trilogy what about his debt to jabba and all that crap.

Mujaffa
you're right about that but it has nothing to do with the 2 triologies

ryamathart
ya so basically han is born in his early 20s and already has the millenium falcon and owes jabba

Ushgarak
The debt to Jabba is entirely self-explanatory and needs no more explanation- it didn't at the time, why would it now? Even if it did, it could not be covered in the time of the prequel films, which would be set too early.

You don't NEED these minituae explored. That is not the point of the films. Han Solo became a classic character with NO in-depth exploration of his background, as did Vader.

finti
You obviously just throw accusation into the loose air, when I criticize it might seem a bit like bashing.
But to claim that bashing is all I ever do in the EU board is ludicrous.

ryamathart
well then thats settled no han in the movie.

finti
There wont be a Han in epIII

LanceWindu
How do you know?

finti
Because it is the story of Anakin and Solo crosses the Skywalkers path in creature cantina in epIV

LanceWindu
But it's never been said that Han ever crosses paths with Anakin or any other Star Wars character.

finti
Han is not important to the story at all before the epIV meeting.
Besides he would be just akid by epIII, so bringing him in just to please some fans would be stupid.

steve-o
35 year olds who complain about things in a kiddy movie is stupid.

Ushgarak
Tone down that attitude, Steve.

finti
If you dont want to comment on SW here dont make a comment at all

Orlando
I don't figure Solo will be in Episode III. As for Lucas doing something for the fans, isn't Boba Fett's appearance just that? Lucas has been quoted as saying he never understood Fett's popularity. I know the whole saga was suppossed to be written before the original trilogy was made, but I'm sure a few things were changed prior to the filming of the prequels. Why have Boba Fett in them at all if not for the fans?

finti
well having Han in EpIII would be a bit too much

Ushgarak
Oh, the Prequel Trilogy is very, very different to what GL had in mind when he started writing the original films; only a few basic concepts have remained and so having Fett in as a sap to the fans is very possible. Although he did always have the vague idea that Boba was the 'father' of the stormtroopers (which when he wrote AOTC he transferred, for practical reasons, to Boba's father, of course)

Dark Lord Djas
I wouldn't want Solo to be in Ep III. It is suppose to be the story of the Rise of the Empire and the birth of luke and leia. If they put Han in it they might just mess up the whole story line.

Julie
I think that if there is a showing of HAn Solo...it will merely be a cameo...maybe even and easter egg....nothing too spectacular.

Dark Lord Djas
I agree, if they are going to show han it might just be because something else is happening in that place or maybe a deleted scene on the DVD or might even be an easter egg. Or they might put it on there for the fans from this site that want it. wink

DARTH DADDY
Thought that I'd find a few old ones and try to revive them.

Morridini
Revive a dead thread on a subject which has already been discussed? Why?

Darth_Duffy
especially as we all know we wont see han roll eyes (sarcastic)

Grievous_90210
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTSfigures.asp has a character list for episode 3 and has han solos name on it go toward the rumor list and he is there

Anakin2Vader
^^^ thats not a charachter list for EP 3 ... that is a list of 3 3/4 inch figures from Ep 3... and if you didnt know the Ep 2 collection included Luke, Vader, Qui Gon and others who were not in the movie... but bottom line that is not a charachter list from the movie

Grievous_90210
"^^^ thats not a charachter list for EP 3 ... that is a list of 3 3/4 inch figures from Ep 3... and if you didnt know the Ep 2 collection included Luke, Vader, Qui Gon and others who were not in the movie... but bottom line that is not a charachter list from the movie"

what?

ArthasKnight
I agree with what others have said. Han should not be in Ep3 because it has nothing to do with what has already been set up as the plot for the prequels: the rise of the Empire, the fall of the Jedi, and Anakin Skywalker falling to the dark side of the Force.

I know this has been talked to death but I always like to add my opinions.

Sadako of Girth
I have faith enough in these and other boards to feel that if Han HAD been featured in ep3 we'd have copped wind of it in some form by now.... Hell, every other detail seems to have been leaked by now....

I'll eat my hat if he DOES appear....

*Prepares Tomato ketchup and baseball cap just in case...* wink

lucasfilm
yeah ummm... sad topic! waaaaaaaaay too young!

Stunrun
1. Han Solo is 10 YEARS OLD at this time.
2. He was born on CORELLIA, has CORELLIA been confirmed yet? NO!!!!roll eyes (sarcastic)
3. I do apologise for bumping this back up to the top, but it just makes me mad that some people here can even call themselves SW fans -that was aimed towards believers of this crappy ideamad

This thread should of been closed along time ago!

so, plz! do us that little favorwink

jedijunky1138
The people who believe this stuff are just as big if not bigger fans than you Stunrun. An opinion from one is not the Gospel of others. Just because Han would be (ABOUT) 10 years old does not mean he would have stayed on Corellia. Corellia not being confirmed means nothing. this could be a good cameo.

cylob49
yeah i can see Han in Episode 3..........hanging out with Boba and Jocasta Nu during the battle of Alderaan!

Cipher
There's no point in having Han in Ep. 3 because he would have no purpose in the story. Do you really want another of Lucas's child actor discoveries portraying a beloved character from the OT?

macgeek2005
http://www.canmag.com/news/4/3/721

LanİeWindu™
macgeek, that link is full of crap, Han is from Corellia, he does not get raised on Kashyyyk.

JediStang
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Oh, the Prequel Trilogy is very, very different to what GL had in mind when he started writing the original films; only a few basic concepts have remained and so having Fett in as a sap to the fans is very possible. Although he did always have the vague idea that Boba was the 'father' of the stormtroopers (which when he wrote AOTC he transferred, for practical reasons, to Boba's father, of course)

Also, upon filming ROTJ, Lucas's crew asked why Anakin had scars on his head and such, when they shot with the adult Anakin before he died. He told them that Anakin was burned severely and that's why he needed the suit.

Yeah, no Solo. I was told by one of my friends that you see Solo gambling with Lando to win the Millennium Falcon. While this does "tie in" the PT with the OT, that's WAY to much of a tie in and WAY too specific to be placed in EpIII.

Red Superfly
No Han, pleeease no Han. Chewbaccas bad enough - we don't want the Star Wars Universe to carry on shrinking and becoming this exclusive little club - Han Solo keeps that "open-ness" to the Universe, and keeps everything like an adventure.

Han Solo does his introduction in ANH. Leave Han Solo and The Falcon strictly an OT thing - please don't ruin yet another character Lucas.

And, I know anyway Han isn't even in EpIII, but there's always that fear that something awful can always happen, especially when its Star Wars.

ctsketch
Han solo would be like....8 years old...... no reason to have him. and its already been shown by the official screenplay that Han Solo was cut from the movie

Darth Blender

Darth Blender

DarkCrawler
Hmmm...I think that I heard the rumor of seeing Han Solo and his dad in this movie. They would be going on the ship and his dad would say "Come on Han, we have to leave." Or something.

DarthLazious
Solo will not be in ROTS.

Red Superfly
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Hmmm...I think that I heard the rumor of seeing Han Solo and his dad in this movie. They would be going on the ship and his dad would say "Come on Han, we have to leave." Or something.

Never believe anything Supershadow says laughing

WindDancer
INJUSTICE! The new Trilogy did not include Han Solo!!!!

Jedi Merc
who would have played Han? Harrison Ford is too old and they would need a look-a-like

finti
and good was that

WindDancer
We can have Jar-Jar in the movies but not even a glimpse of a young Han Solo? sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.