New to the comic world....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

luvz2paint
I remember when I was a kid I really loved reading Spider-man comics... I'm in my mid-twenties now and would like to start reading some comics again. So my questions are: What comics should I read? Do I need to start at a certain point (maybe the beginning lol) or can I pick up on the most recent issues? Where's the best place online to buys comics?

Thanks! Happy Dance

DigiMark007
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t457743.html

That thread (and the comic forum in general) should get you started for information and purchases. More than anything, I'd recommend just browsing these forums, or browsing a local comic shop (or online store) to see what kinds of things you might be interested in.

Spidey, for example, has Amazing Spider-Man issues 3 times a month these days, but no other ongoing titles (though he's on a team and makes cameos in various comics). That might be a good jumping off point.

At this point, this thread isn't really about Spider-Man, and this type of thread generally isn't allowed anyway. I'll leave it open so that people can offer their opinions and you can provide some feedback, but I'll probably be back tomorrow to close it.

But welcome to the forums.

DigiMark007
Oh, and Spidey's recent history is very messed up in terms of continuity. You might just be doing yourself a favor to get the most recent 4-5 issues of ASM and not go back any further. It'll just confuse and anger.

ScarletSpeed
Yeah and we don't like Joe Quesada shifty

Neo Darkhalen
Very true, I would also suggest landmark issues, but they can be rare and expensive.

steverules
Originally posted by luvz2paint
I remember when I was a kid I really loved reading Spider-man comics... I'm in my mid-twenties now and would like to start reading some comics again. So my questions are: What comics should I read? Do I need to start at a certain point (maybe the beginning lol) or can I pick up on the most recent issues? Where's the best place online to buys comics?

Thanks! Happy Dance

If you wanna start at the beggining then go to Bill Gates and ask him to give you half of his wealth...then maybe you can buy amazing fantasy 15 and Amazing spider-man issue 1 wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.