Captain Marvel vs. Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sol Valentine
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p113/asvicj/CaptainMarvel.jpg

vs.

http://www.silverbulletcomics.com/~jennyg/writers/fleming/sentry2.jpg

Can Captain Marvel stop an angry, bloodlusted Sentry?

tkitna
Sentry

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by tkitna
Sentry

Until Sentry proves he was more powerful than in WWH #5, Captain Marvel wins 7/10.

OnslaughtKILLS
I give this to Sentry. The only thing that worries me slightly is his speed.

Ricardo Potter
Originally posted by OnslaughtKILLS
I give this to Sentry. The only thing that worries me slightly is his speed. Yeah because hes proved hes so much stronger right. no expression

The Pict
CM

iceman24567
Shazam!

OnslaughtKILLS
Originally posted by Ricardo Potter
Yeah because hes proved hes so much stronger right. no expression

World War Hulk and Sentry are two characters that are almost improbable to put in context, partially due to bad writing and in my opinion I think the Sentry is just a lame character.

The only basis we have of Sentry's limits is saying he had a stand-off with Galactus. Permissibly it's the standard Galactus we often see trying to devour planets but we do not know, we don't even see a panel of it. And that is not good enough for an argument in these boards since Spider-Man said it, which is a fair argument.

The Sentry is the perfect character to adjust for strength levels for when storylines deem fit. For example, he easily beat Terrax, but had a stand-off with Female Ultron, had a stand-off with World War Hulk, etc etc.

Then we have the speed factor to look into. Often people underestimate speed, but speed can determine the victor of a battle. We see Sentry in only two pages reaching to the sun with what it seems relative ease, but then he accepts hits from Hulk.

I think Marvel Comics does injustice by introducing these new characters, or upgrades to characters without saying their limits, how strong they are, how fast they are.

In my opinion I don't think threads should be made about Sentry or World War Hulk. Frankly, we don't know their limits or if they even have any. The only debate that will arise by making such threads is determining their limits, to which an argument will arise "it hasn't been proven." I voted Sentry because what I got out of the comics was that he was practically invincible, but he might not be. We don't know.

Juntai
CM.

Endrict Nuul
CM

Ricardo Potter
Originally posted by OnslaughtKILLS
World War Hulk and Sentry are two characters that are almost improbable to put in context, partially due to bad writing and in my opinion I think the Sentry is just a lame character.

The only basis we have of Sentry's limits is saying he had a stand-off with Galactus. Permissibly it's the standard Galactus we often see trying to devour planets but we do not know, we don't even see a panel of it. And that is not good enough for an argument in these boards since Spider-Man said it, which is a fair argument.

The Sentry is the perfect character to adjust for strength levels for when storylines deem fit. For example, he easily beat Terrax, but had a stand-off with Female Ultron, had a stand-off with World War Hulk, etc etc.

Then we have the speed factor to look into. Often people underestimate speed, but speed can determine the victor of a battle. We see Sentry in only two pages reaching to the sun with what it seems relative ease, but then he accepts hits from Hulk.

I think Marvel Comics does injustice by introducing these new characters, or upgrades to characters without saying their limits, how strong they are, how fast they are.

In my opinion I don't think threads should be made about Sentry or World War Hulk. Frankly, we don't know their limits or if they even have any. The only debate that will arise by making such threads is determining their limits, to which an argument will arise "it hasn't been proven." I voted Sentry because what I got out of the comics was that he was practically invincible, but he might not be. We don't know.

thumb down

no

CM wins.

wolverex84
sentry is not invicible, i mean he was bleeding from punches he took from female ultron, wwh and even ironman, captian marvel is way more durable, stronger, i mean he is superman's equal, probably higher than him... if it was the current captain marvel then sentry is toast... i give this to captian marvel.. sentry still has alot to prove...

psycho gundam
too all the sentry haters-

sentry's vast powers are DEPENDANT HIS MENTAL STATE, he has to be
at full mental capacity to be at full glory as he was when he dismissed terrax.

not saying he would beat capt. marvel, I'm just trying to disspell the myth that he is weak.

skyfather
current marvel is shazam?if so he wins easy.

guy222
CM

Soljer
Captain Marvel. Doesn't matter if it's Billy or Freddy.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by wolverex84
sentry is not invicible, i mean he was bleeding from punches he took from female ultron, wwh and even ironman, captian marvel is way more durable, stronger, i mean he is superman's equal, probably higher than him... if it was the current captain marvel then sentry is toast... i give this to captian marvel.. sentry still has alot to prove...
hahahahahah laughing Superman>>sentry
anyways CM for me

llagrok
Bada loses.

guy222
Bada gonna get u with the smilies big grin

Dark-Jaxx
CM kicks his ass.

Unnatural-POWER
CM

moonknight11
Sentry

Ricardo Potter
Originally posted by moonknight11
Sentry Why?

carver9
I give this to captain marvel. To me he is one of the best and most powerful top tiers out there. Hes next to thor. Sentry wont go down without fighting though because he is pretty powerful himself.

carver9
Originally posted by Ricardo Potter
Why?

because even though captain marvel is powerful sentry is also powerful as hell. Captain marvel is about one of the only high fliers that I'll give a majority over sentry. "Watch people put words in my mouth and bring up people like beyonder and galactus."

Dark-Jaxx
Sentry would beat PR Beyonder with a slight majority IMO.

Ricardo Potter
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Sentry would beat PR Beyonder with a slight majority IMO. no expression

Endrict Nuul

WTF?

Unnatural-POWER

So wood da WWH duryes

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Unnatural-POWER
So wood da WWH duryes It'd be more than a slight majority if it was WWH. 8/10.

tkitna
When CM can bring people back to life with the palm of his hand and contain the power of a cosmic cube,,,,i'll vote for him.

iceman24567
Originally posted by tkitna
When CM can bring people back to life with the palm of his hand and contain the power of a cosmic cube,,,,i'll vote for him. That would help Sentry in a fight against Shazam how? I can play that game too you know. Until i see Bob hold his own against Superman i will vote for Billy Batson eek! see so easy..

Priest
Sentry ftw

CaptainStoic
Sentry still needs more feats for me to give an honest opinion. Do I believe The Void could defeat or kill Captain Marvel? Yes.

Alucard25
Captain Marvel FTW

Mindset
Billy calls down the lightning, Sentry absorbs it and gains CM powers.

SHAZAM!

vlaaad12345
Ive been hearing that alot lately...since when does sentry have this vast energy manipulation.

Cerpin Taxt
Originally posted by Mindset
Billy calls down the lightning, Sentry absorbs it and gains CM powers.

SHAZAM!
laughing out loud

Mindset
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Ive been hearing that alot lately...since when does sentry have this vast energy manipulation.

It was a joke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.