Annihilus vs Sentinel (Alan Scott)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
what can i say, the bug has me fascinated of late. who wins? smile

leonidas
anny only has the rod, no bands . . .

CaptainStoic
Annihilus defeated Quasar in less than a minute, surely Alan Scott would be fodder. The only thing that has me stumped is that the rings are magical while the Quantum bands are cosmic. If Annihilus can tap into the rings power or drain it then Alan would die as well.

DigiMark007
...I see what you're doing here.

....it won't work.

Maybe.

Sentinel for the.....stomp?

stick out tongue

Erik-Lensherr
Sentinel.

leonidas
Originally posted by DigiMark007
...I see what you're doing here.

....it won't work.

Maybe.

Sentinel for the.....stomp?

stick out tongue

shifty

llagrok
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
Sentinel.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Annihilus defeated Quasar in less than a minute, surely Alan Scott would be fodder. The only thing that has me stumped is that the rings are magical while the Quantum bands are cosmic. If Annihilus can tap into the rings power or drain it then Alan would die as well.

I dont think Alans Ring can be drained, since its really the Starheart reformed, and as such its self-replenishing.

also, I dont see Alan stand in place & allowing himself to be absorbed like Elvis did........

Alan ftw

Tazer

llagrok
If Annihilus tried to drain Sentinel, Alan would just choke the **** out of him.

Or hit him with his book 131

starlock
Sentinel for the win

iceman24567
Annihilus defeated Quasar in less than a minute, surely Alan Scott would be fodder. The only thing that has me stumped is that the rings are magical while the Quantum bands are cosmic. If Annihilus can tap into the rings power or drain it then Alan would die as well. Quasar > Alan Scott? eek!

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

I dont think Alans Ring can be drained, since its really the Starheart reformed, and as such its self-replenishing.

also, I dont see Alan stand in place & allowing himself to be absorbed like Elvis did........

Alan ftw

Tazer

Annihilus moves at light speed or close to it, Alan isn't outrunning him... no I'm not saying Annihilus has this fight in a bag, but he has shown loads of physical resilience by surviving the Galactus cosmic quake, I suspect Alan would have perished in the blast.

Originally posted by llagrok
If Annihilus tried to drain Sentinel, Alan would just choke the **** out of him.

Or hit him with his book 131

Surely you jest! Choke him? Even after Annihilus was near deaths door he took on Nova and would have killed him if Phylla Vell, had not interceded. The same Nova that picked up and threw an enourmous technarch like a sack of wheat. Alan would be the one choked, his only course of action would be to attempt hit and run salvos.

Originally posted by iceman24567
Quasar > Alan Scott? eek!

I never said Quasar was greater than Alan Scott, but lets not make it seem like Alan is leagues above a guy that was capable of taking care of a rogue Watcher. Who knows Quasar may have been able to snatch a few wins even from the mighty Alan.

Annihilus FTW

llagrok
Surely you jest! Choke him? Even after Annihilus was near deaths door he took on Nova and would have killed him if Phylla Vell, had not interceded. The same Nova that picked up and threw an enourmous technarch like a sack of wheat. Alan would be the one choked, his only course of action would be to attempt hit and run salvos.

lmao

Tazer
Yo.

Annihilus moves at light speed or close to it, Alan isn't outrunning him... no I'm not saying Annihilus has this fight in a bag, but he has shown loads of physical resilience by surviving the Galactus cosmic quake, I suspect Alan would have perished in the blast.

I dont recall any scene where Anni moved at LS, or anything close to it; which scene R ya thinking of??

as for surviving that G-blast, need I remind ya that Nova did as well?? if Nova AND Anni could survive that blast, I see no reason to believe Alan wouldve perished in it.

I dont think Anni was "near deaths door" as he status was never given to be THAT critical, and while Nova did move that technarch its not like he was doing much in his fight against it (and this is after he'd regained full access to the NF).

Tazer

leonidas
given that annihilus was capable of powering ravenous (who is close to high herald level himself) AND draining quasar, i see no reason to believe he couldn't drain and weaken alan in a similar fashion then polish him off. erm

Cerpin Taxt
Originally posted by leonidas
given that annihilus was capable of powering ravenous (who is close to high herald level himself) AND draining quasar, i see no reason to believe he couldn't drain and weaken alan in a similar fashion then polish him off. erm
What is he going to drain? Sentinel at his peak had unlimited power and he wasn't working off a power ring.

And Ravenous wasn't a high herald.

DigiMark007

Clearly you have not read his book. I'd offer to sell it to you, but the price is decades of sacrifice and heroism

no expression

Also, more to the point, what Val said.

Tazer
Yo.

Rav was empowerd by his dogs; did Anni create them doggies??

Tazer

llagrok

Was it ever stated that he powered up Ravenous?

Annihilus isn't the Negative Zone's version of Galactus.

leonidas
Was it ever stated that he powered up Ravenous?

Annihilus isn't the Negative Zone's version of Galactus.

hmm, you could be right. he was anny's herald though. something i'll need to check.

and val, the quatum zone from which q draws his power is ALSO infinite.

alan's power source=quasar's power source.

quasar has some ridiculous feats (in his battle with ss, he let ss win and imo APPEARED to be the more powerful of the 2), he's beaten a watcher, he's blocked blasts (easily) from galactus, he's even been shown to be able to absorb the energy with one of the infinity gems . . .

and he got pwned -- effortlessly -- by anny.

now, that was either PIS (i can't really say it wasn't . . .) or he stands a lot better chance against alan than lots of you are saying . . .

i'd certainly say if he could do that to quasar, he could drain any GL. he seems more than capable of taking out any high herald on the list.

llagrok
Annihilus can't even read, how's he gonna beat the guy who wrote the book on willpower? haermm

TricksterPriest
But Sentinel isn't high herald. He's trans. And Annihilus had some kind of powerup during Annihilation. I think it was referenced as a negative zone version of the PC.

llagrok
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
But Sentinel isn't high herald. He's trans. And Annihilus had some kind of powerup during Annihilation. I think it was referenced as a negative zone version of the PC.

It wasn't.

Cerpin Taxt
hmm, you could be right. he was anny's herald though. something i'll need to check.

and val, the quatum zone from which q draws his power is ALSO infinite.

alan's power source=quasar's power source.

quasar has some ridiculous feats (in his battle with ss, he let ss win and imo APPEARED to be the more powerful of the 2), he's beaten a watcher, he's blocked blasts (easily) from galactus, he's even been shown to be able to absorb the energy with one of the infinity gems . . .

and he got pwned -- effortlessly -- by anny.
As said before though, Sentinel wasn't herald level. He was probably Thanos level or beyond.

Also, I know the Q-Zone is infinite but Quasar is just tapping into that power. Alan IS the Starheart. Could you see Anihilus overpowering Alan's will and absorbing his entire being? I certainly can't.

DigiMark007
Yeah, GL Alan and Sentinel Alan are two very different entities. I see leo's point, I just can't cosign it based on one owning of Quasar.

Juntai
Sentinal.

-K-M-
Originally posted by -K-M-
shifty

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/19-07.jpg

leonidas
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
As said before though, Sentinel wasn't herald level. He was probably Thanos level or beyond.

Also, I know the Q-Zone is infinite but Quasar is just tapping into that power. Alan IS the Starheart. Could you see Anihilus overpowering Alan's will and absorbing his entire being? I certainly can't.

i'm not sure, which is why i'm sorta digging around. quasar's will is also pretty crazy -- certainly among the most powerful in marvel. he dealt with the ego infestation when the ss failed to be able to do so, and ss's will is itself ridiculous. erm

i'm not ready to claim anny is at thanos's level, but he was certainly (at least it appeared to me) being portrayed as being someone on thanos's level in annihilation based on the 'respect' thanos was giving him. and in anny's case it's not HIS willpower that alan would be battling or matching up with -- it would be the inanimate cosmic rod. it doesn't HAVE a will. it simply drains. that's why quasar was unable to deny anny HIS power. the rod just takes. the same thing started happening with nova and the nova force.

it's speculation to say he could drain alan like the others but based on what he's done, it IS possible.

CaptainStoic
i'm not sure, which is why i'm sorta digging around. quasar's will is also pretty crazy -- certainly among the most powerful in marvel. he dealt with the ego infestation when the ss failed to be able to do so, and ss's will is itself ridiculous. erm

i'm not ready to claim anny is at thanos's level, but he was certainly (at least it appeared to me) being portrayed as being someone on thanos's level in annihilation based on the 'respect' thanos was giving him. and in anny's case it's not HIS willpower that alan would be battling or matching up with -- it would be the inanimate cosmic rod. it doesn't HAVE a will. it simply drains. that's why quasar was unable to deny anny HIS power. the rod just takes. the same thing started happening with nova and the nova force.

it's speculation to say he could drain alan like the others but based on what he's done, it IS possible.

I agree totally.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt

I dont think Alan demonstrated any feat to show him thus, not that I remember anyways.....

i'm not sure, which is why i'm sorta digging around. quasar's will is also pretty crazy -- certainly among the most powerful in marvel. he dealt with the ego infestation when the ss failed to be able to do so, and ss's will is itself ridiculous.

I dont think Elvis has any will -feats involving the QBs, and Im not sure that the Ego-encounter would rank him as high (will-wise) as U seem to imply.

Tazer

starlock

Being the fanboy of quasar...i would love to give him a win against sentinel.....i agree with some that he might have a problem with the starheart energy, but to me its sentinels 60 years of experience that gives him a majority over quasar smile

P.I.S or not quasar saved nova's life imo...that gives him an out in the fight with anny

llagrok
Quasar and Nova were both relatively tired when engaging Annihilus, they had been fighting Annihilation ships for some time actually. I believe that's part of the reason why the fight didn't last longer.

Alan Scott should take a healthy majority here, Annihilus w/rod isn't that far above Quasar or Thor.

leonidas
Annihilus w/rod isn't that far above Quasar or Thor.

then the next question would be -- is the STARHEART that far above quasar or the hammer . . .? if not, i don't get why he's considered high trans. if so . . . where's the proof? confused

seriously, i keep hearing a lot about sentinel's 'experience' which is fine and good, but i can't really understand why he's considered top-tier trans when his feats don't outweigh hal's or kyle's, his power is based on his willpower, his power SOURCE is no more or less 'infinite' than quasars's or any other GL's . . .

if he wins most of the time against hal, kyle and wendel because of his EXPERIENCE, that doesn't seem a very solid reason for considering him a high level trans-herald. erm

i WANT to be convinced otherwise, (contrary to what it sounds like i DO like alan, just don't know him exceptionally well . . .) but as yet, people are saying wendel can give him a battle, as could kyle or hal. seems he could almost fit in high herald. ss has CERTAINLY performed comparable feats to his, and most likely surpassed most of alan's feats.

and perhaps q was tired fighting anny, but considering how that battle ended, it doesn't really seem like it would have mattered much . . .

Mr. Slippyfist
Quasar and Nova were both relatively tired when engaging Annihilus, they had been fighting Annihilation ships for some time actually. I believe that's part of the reason why the fight didn't last longer.

Alan Scott should take a healthy majority here, Annihilus w/rod isn't that far above Quasar or Thor. They were tired? Because they fought some more people... or what do you base this on?

Didn't Annihilus one shot Thor? And take Quasar's power supply easily? He also beat Masterson as per forum rules... one shot.

And whoever wins, Guy loses.

Ricardo Potter
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist

And whoever wins, Mr. Slippyfist loses.

Fixed. ha-son

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Ricardo Potter
Fixed. ha-son Do I know you? Oh wait, yes I do.

Nevermind. embarrasment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.