Who can survive a godblast?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Master-Borg
Captain America with his shield

Wolverine

Colossus

Magneto with forcefield

Hulk

Superman

golem370
Superman
Hulk
Magneto
Not sure about the others

psycho gundam
technically it should kill all of them

ultimatethor
A pissed off hulk might
Superman might
Rest are killed

llagrok
They all die.

Silent Master
Galactus had to run from a godblast.

llagrok
Originally posted by Silent Master
Galactus had to run from a godblast.

Weakened Galactus, but yeah, it's powerful

Priest
Originally posted by llagrok
They all die.
Easily

TricksterPriest
Give Superman a sunamp or a sundip, then he'll get through it. Other than that, they all die. Hulk and Godverine might rez. stick out tongue

Evangel94
Originally posted by Master-Borg

Wolverine

Colossus

Magneto with forcefield

Hulk

Superman

None of them survive.

llagrok
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Give Superman a sunamp or a sundip, then he'll get through it. Other than that, they all die. Hulk and Godverine might rez. stick out tongue

Even then..

Godblast isn't like those puny Omega beams

TricksterPriest
Even then..

Godblast isn't like those puny Omega beams

DS>>Thor.

llagrok
DS>>Thor.

Naw, Thor has the odinforce now.

Thor >> DS.

Wanna put it to a vote? smile

TricksterPriest
Naw, Thor has the odinforce now.

Thor >> DS.

Wanna put it to a vote? smile

Thor has not shown the feats to bring down Darkseid, yet. If he comes into his own, and is in fact, a full skyfather, then ok. But keep in mind you're putting him against a Darkseid avatar at this point. evil face

Dark-Jaxx
Wolverine deflects it with his claws.

Darth Creasy
Only Supes even has a chance...his durability is whatever DC needs it to be.

psycho gundam
nobody should be mentioning darkseid in this, as trick said thor can't kill him......yet.

superman is a different matter.

Astner
Only Wolverine

GahLakTus

Wolverine

Colossus

Magneto with forcefield

Hulk

Superman

I hope most of the people on that list are there for the purpose of slight amusement and nothing more.

There are few who can withstand a Godblast.

xJLxKing
Superman has a chance

Silent Master
Really? Not only is this an extremely powerful attack, it's an extremely powerful "magical" attack

xJLxKing
Really? Not only is this an extremely powerful attack, it's an extremely powerful "magical" attack
Well I didn't know it has magic, but can you show me how much devestating this attack was?

GahLakTus

Exactly. Superman has no chance against an attack of this magnitude that is also magic based.

I would think Hulk has a better chance.

The rest of that list are reduced to ashes.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by GahLakTus
Exactly. Superman has no chance against an attack of this magnitude that is also magic based.

I would think Hulk has a better chance.

The rest of that list are reduced to ashes. See I hate how people like you think. magic>Superman. Thay is so stupid. Yes it effects him, but it doesnt mean he is dead right away. Superman has also gained a nice upgrade against magic. Although I forgot who game him the Upgrade.

He can also make himself invinsible

Priest
DS>>Thor.
no expression
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/ThorvsCelestial2.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/ThorvsCelestal3.jpg

OneDumbG0
I think the only person on the list I think is capable of taking the godblast is Cap with his shield. I don't think the godblast is on the level of the Infinity Gauntlet, classic Beyonder's power or classic Molecule Man's power. You add to this that classic Molecule Man even stated that Cap's shield's molecular structure was so much odder then Silver Surfer's board AND Thor's Mjolnir and I think it's arguable that it could withstand the godblast...
Originally posted by xJLxKing
See I hate how people like you think. magic>Superman. Thay is so stupid. Yes it effects him, but it doesnt mean he is dead right away. Superman has also gained a nice upgrade against magic. Although I forgot who game him the Upgrade.

He can also make himself invinsible Zatanna tutored him into recognizing and resisting magical attempts to subvert his will. Phantom Stranger only gave him a temporary one-time upgrade during his fight with Arion. I haven't seen any other evidence of any magic resistance upgrades. Especially not ones that could help him deal with a godblast.

And do you mean intangible?

xJLxKing
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
I think the only person on the list I think is capable of taking the godblast is Cap with his shield. I don't think the godblast is on the level of the Infinity Gauntlet, classic Beyonder's power or classic Molecule Man's power. You add to this that classic Molecule Man even stated that Cap's shield's molecular structure was so much odder then Silver Surfer's board AND Thor's Mjolnir and I think it's arguable that it could withstand the godblast...
Zatanna tutored him into recognizing and resisting magical attempts to subvert his will. Phantom Stranger only gave him a temporary one-time upgrade during his fight with Arion. I haven't seen any other evidence of any magic resistance upgrades. Especially not ones that could help him deal with a godblast.

And do you mean intangible?
Like I said I really haven't seen how strong a god-blast it. I have only read about it, and yes I was talking about intangible

psycho gundam
isn't this a test of durability? becoming intangible is a cop out isn't it? heck, shadaowcat can be on the list now with that allowed.

llagrok
See I hate how people like you think. magic>Superman. Thay is so stupid. Yes it effects him, but it doesnt mean he is dead right away. Superman has also gained a nice upgrade against magic. Although I forgot who game him the Upgrade.

He can also make himself invinsible

Superman would die.

xJLxKing
Superman would die. You hate superman

Silent Master
You hate superman

You think Superman could take an all out blast from the Living Tribunal, right?

Symmetric Chaos
I haven't seen any other evidence of any magic resistance upgrades.

It's not a matter of upgrades. When he applies himself Superman has reasonable magic resistance. He has fought inside of a magical hell dimension and and defeated it's ruler. He's even stopped magical energy with his bare hands.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii236/Syms_Photos/SupesBlockMagic.jpg

Symmetric Chaos

Master-Borg
Why wouldn't Captain America survive? couldn't his shield block it?

Knowsbleed33
I know he's not listed. But, Juggernaut survived a direct GF blast.

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
I know he's not listed. But, Juggernaut survived a direct GF blast.

that's WHY he's not listed smile

batdude123
-Cracked Exitar's dome.

-Halted Juggernaut.

-Made a weakened Galactus flee.

Is there any other showings for the God Blast that I've missed?

Priest
I think the god blast varies with how much Thor puts into it. The one that crushed Exitar's dome the Mijnor coulden't withstand.

And the other times the mijnor was fine.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by batdude123
-Cracked Exitar's dome.

-Halted Juggernaut.

-Made a weakened Galactus flee.

Is there any other showings for the God Blast that I've missed?

Against Surtur I think and once he channeled something like it through his hands.

batdude123
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Against Surtur I think and once he channeled something like it through his hands.

Against Surtur and Ymir? That was a BFR, not the god blast. Unless you're referencing something completely different...

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by batdude123
Against Surtur and Ymir? That was a BFR, not the god blast. Unless you're referencing something completely different...

My mistake then. I thought someone referenced it as the godblast once.

batdude123
My mistake then. I thought someone referenced it as the godblast once.

Well they're f*ckin' wiener suckers then, I guess. uhuh

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Priest
I think the god blast varies with how much Thor puts into it. The one that crushed Exitar's dome the Mijnor coulden't withstand.

And the other times the mijnor was fine. what happened to Mjolnir?

King Kandy
It broke after he fired the Godblast. He had used the belt of strength to increase it's power though, so that could have something to do with it.

OneDumbG0
It's not a matter of upgrades. When he applies himself Superman has reasonable magic resistance. He has fought inside of a magical hell dimension and and defeated it's ruler. He's even stopped magical energy with his bare hands.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii236/Syms_Photos/SupesBlockMagic.jpg So one scan of Superman slapping away a bolt of... of something means he has magical resistance? Why don't you post the rest of the comic and show everyone exactly how much trouble Superman has with Blaze? Hulk could bat away that very same bolt of whatever from Blaze and actually come out the better for it. If Captain Marvel punched Thor and punched Superman, Superman would be hurting more. Trust me. I will agree he has "reasonable magic resistance." But our ideas of what that is is most likely different. He can resist magical attempts to subvert his will or transform him through sheer force of will. Superman has superhuman will. But not much more than say Captain America.

Honestly, you don't want to get into a debate about this. I guarantee you, for every time you show Superman supposedly resisting magic, I can name you twice as many instances where he was vulnerable as anybody else.

Creme Brulee
So one scan of Superman slapping away a bolt of... of something means he has magical resistance? Why don't you post the rest of the comic and show everyone exactly how much trouble Superman has with Blaze? Hulk could bat away that very same bolt of whatever from Blaze and actually come out the better for it. If Captain Marvel punched Thor and punched Superman, Superman would be hurting more. Trust me. I will agree he has "reasonable magic resistance." But our ideas of what that is is most likely different. He can resist magical attempts to subvert his will or transform him through sheer force of will. Superman has superhuman will. But not much more than say Captain America.

Honestly, you don't want to get into a debate about this. I guarantee you, for every time you show Superman supposedly resisting magic, I can name you twice as many instances where he was vulnerable as anybody else.

Twice as many.....shifty

Knowsbleed33
that's WHY he's not listed smile

Gotcha.

TricksterPriest
So one scan of Superman slapping away a bolt of... of something means he has magical resistance? Why don't you post the rest of the comic and show everyone exactly how much trouble Superman has with Blaze? Hulk could bat away that very same bolt of whatever from Blaze and actually come out the better for it. If Captain Marvel punched Thor and punched Superman, Superman would be hurting more. Trust me. I will agree he has "reasonable magic resistance." But our ideas of what that is is most likely different. He can resist magical attempts to subvert his will or transform him through sheer force of will. Superman has superhuman will. But not much more than say Captain America.

..............it's clear you do not understand the fundamental nature of Superman.

if it needs to be done, he can do it. no expression Superman can push himself beyond the limits more than any other hero in comics.

batdude123
..............it's clear you do not understand the fundamental nature of Superman.

if it needs to be done, he can do it. no expression Superman can push himself beyond the limits more than any other hero in comics.

No, you're just a big ole' fanboy... fanboy.

Master-Borg

if it needs to be done, he can do it. no expression Superman can push himself beyond the limits more than any other hero in comics. so, it's like one of his unstated superpowers is untapped potential to rise to the occasion?

Priest
Originally posted by King Kandy
It broke after he fired the Godblast. He had used the belt of strength to increase it's power though, so that could have something to do with it.
No he didn't he used the belt of strength reinforce the mijnor so that it can contain the energies. But the God Blast was too much for the Mijnor w/Belt of Strength to contain.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/ThorvsCelestial1.jpg

TricksterPriest
so, it's like one of his unstated superpowers is untapped potential to rise to the occasion?

Uh....yeah, actually. laughing out loud It's pretty obvious to anyone who reads DC that Superman is a cut above almost everyone else. it's not wanking, he just is that freaking powerful. galan_superman

golem370
Hulk would survived he to a disintegrator beam from the Celestial Order- http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/celestialorderthanos.htm

complexbrother
maby amped up hulk , or Magneto on kick .

D-Block
They Die

gogogadgetgo

so, this makes him a walking talking plot devise....hmmmm........now i get it, no wonder he can beat the crap out of almost anyone. living plot devise for the win

janus77
GodBlast ain't all that the Thor-bias makes out.
hell, the way "Current Thor" is being hyped is beyond all reason and goes without any contrary comment.

Hulk and Superman survive. Hulk then goes berserker crazy and rips Thor's head off yes.

redhotrash
Hulk kills Thor with the odin force? Thats new.
As for captain america, even if his shield did cover his entire body and didnt crumble, he'd never keep his footing, would get blown off his feet, then destroyed.

janus77
Originally posted by redhotrash
Hulk kills Thor with the odin force? Thats new.
As for captain america, even if his shield did cover his entire body and didnt crumble, he'd never keep his footing, would get blown off his feet, then destroyed.
as far as I'm aware, CA never loses his footing when the shield's protecting him from a blast. if he did so, he'd never survive a Hulk smash, as the force would just be transmitted through the shield vibrating his bones to dust in the process.

oh and yeah, until we see something really impressive from Thor I'm gonna stick with the reasoning that a creature of potentially infinite levels of power can overcome a skyfather.

psycho gundam
well, the shield supposedly has a design that shunts all energy aside and the vibranium composition absorbs the impact. its like a plane wing in air.

llagrok
Hulk's powers-level is very circumstantial.

I'd like him to display this infinite anger I keep hearing about.

GahLakTus
Hulk's powers-level is very circumstantial.

I'd like him to display this infinite anger I keep hearing about.

Read a few comics before you confine yourself to ridicule.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by janus77
oh and yeah, until we see something really impressive from Thor I'm gonna stick with the reasoning that a creature of potentially infinite levels of power can overcome a skyfather.

Way to completely misrepresent the two characters . . .

psycho gundam
yeah, janus what the hell?

janus77
Way to completely misrepresent the two characters . . .
ok, should that have been mid-herald then?

I was just responding in-kind, that's all.

Symmetric Chaos
ok, should that have been mid-herald then?

I was just responding in-kind, that's all.

No what I mean is Hulk has unlimited strength. That doesn't equate to the ability to face down a skyfather. Even an effectively limited ability to control space/matter/energy can defeat Hulk regardless of his physical superiority to the opponent.

Skyfathers might -- arguably -- have less total power in their possessiom than Hulk does but the simple face that they can apply it in so many different ways makes it possible for them to win (and rather easily I might add).

janus77
No what I mean is Hulk has unlimited strength. That doesn't equate to the ability to face down a skyfather. Even an effectively limited ability to control space/matter/energy can defeat Hulk regardless of his physical superiority to the opponent.

Skyfathers might -- arguably -- have less total power in their possessiom than Hulk does but the simple face that they can apply it in so many different ways makes it possible for them to win (and rather easily I might add).
for your first argument, it would entirely depend upon the degree to which said abilities are limited, as Hulk has punched through reality, can bend and manipulate energy and has extra-sensory powers to unknown levels (the astral plane being just one manifestation of his abilities).

so no, it's not a case of "regardless of his physical superiority..." but rather more doubtful.

Skyfathers do have defined limits to their powers in totality, as we've seen time and again. Hulk actually does not, a fact that is often ignored here but which is where everything at present seem to be heading in comics, but that is actually to mis-read my intent with what I posted originally, which was just a dismissal of the "oh Hulk can overcome the all powerful Thor??" shtick.

llagrok
Originally posted by GahLakTus
Read a few comics before you confine yourself to ridicule.

Read a few comics? laughing

TricksterPriest
for your first argument, it would entirely depend upon the degree to which said abilities are limited, as Hulk has punched through reality, can bend and manipulate energy and has extra-sensory powers to unknown levels (the astral plane being just one manifestation of his abilities).

so no, it's not a case of "regardless of his physical superiority..." but rather more doubtful.

Skyfathers do have defined limits to their powers in totality, as we've seen time and again. Hulk actually does not, a fact that is often ignored here but which is where everything at present seem to be heading in comics, but that is actually to mis-read my intent with what I posted originally, which was just a dismissal of the "oh Hulk can overcome the all powerful Thor??" shtick.

..............Fearofblood with grammar? ermhappy

janus77
..............Fearofblood with grammar? ermhappy
ilgrok with... no discernible differences no expression.

psycho gundam
..............Fearofblood with grammar? ermhappy so he likes the hulk so what?

janus77
Originally posted by psycho gundam
so he likes the hulk so what?
don't mind him, at least he noticed that I write grammatically correct sentence, I'll take that as a compliment smile.

people develop strong emotional stances when it comes to The Hulk, quite fascinating and a testament to the power of the character.

psycho gundam
indeed

llagrok
It's not so much the character, as it is the fans.

psycho gundam
what about them if you don't mind me asking?

from others point of view, superman fans act the same way, but like the hulk superman can do crazy things.

llagrok
Originally posted by psycho gundam
what about them if you don't mind me asking?

from others point of view, superman fans act the same way, but like the hulk superman can do crazy things.

Really now?

You can't differ between the Hulk fans and the Supermen fans?

Compare Avalon and FearOfBlood

janus77
Really now?

You can't differ between the Hulk fans and the Supermen fans?

Compare Avalon and FearOfBlood
I think you meant "differentiate between".

oh and you're welcome smile.

llagrok
I think you meant "differentiate between".

oh and you're welcome smile.

And he ran out of arguments.

Don't worry, you'll soon join Kutulu.

janus77
And he ran out of arguments.

Don't worry, you'll soon join Kutulu.
oh dear, you've completely lost the plot now no.

'grok here's a tip when next you wish to attempt to belittle someone beyond your abilities. don't smile.

'grok, you'll note that I rarely engage in debate or argument with you. now that could be down to your superior reasoning or your complete lack of reasoning. I'll leave you to dwell on that one, I know you'll choose the one least reflective of reality smile.

Badabing
Janus, I'm not sure why you're trying to bait Grok but it needs to stop. Thanks.

janus77
I was bored?
confused

Badabing
I was bored?
confused Oh, well in that case........durfist

janus77
Originally posted by Badabing
Oh, well in that case........durfist
you're going to clean your ear?
confused

Ricardo Potter
LOL at Hulk fanboy.

Janus is made of fail.

shiv
Originally posted by Ricardo Potter
LOL

Juggernaught is made of fail.

llagrok
Originally posted by Badabing
Janus, I'm not sure why you're trying to bait Grok but it needs to stop. Thanks.

How many warnings is that now?

Ricardo Potter
Originally posted by shiv
laughing out loud

Wow that was bad, just plain bad. laughing out loud

janus77
How many warnings is that now?
should I pity you that you have difficulty counting above 1?

Badabing
you're going to clean your ear?
confused Originally posted by janus77
should I pity you that you have difficulty counting above 1? Warned. I suggest you drop it and stop spamming the thread. Thanks.

llagrok
If it isn't Mickey Blue Eyes, back for round 2? dur

Ricardo Potter
should I pity you that you have difficulty counting above 1? laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.