Mlb 2k8

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FlappingMangera
I've been playing this game non-stop lately now that baseball is back. I figure my Nationals are losing a whole lot, but that doesn't have to be the case in MY game!

2K did a great job replicating the new Nationals stadium and I love all of the MLB content in this game. It makes it seem like I'm playing real games you'd see on TV. Plus the players look realistic, and have accurate abilities. It doesn't make the game easy considering I'm the Nats, but it's a fun challenge.

Anyone else playing this?

@st
Ive bought the last few seasons, but after last year, I picked MLB 08 this year.

Smasandian
Ummm yeah, I did pick it up and it freezes ever game before the 4th inning so I took it back.

But what I did play, it wasnt very good. The graphics are a step back from last year and now included massive slowdown. The pitching mechanic was very finicky and I never liked the batting mechanic at all.

One thing I did like was the throwing mechanics to the base. It was pretty sweet but yeah, I couldnt play the ****ing game so it sucks balls.

It even says it on Wiki.

DanZeke25
I did the demo and hated it. I hated the new throwing and pitching mostly.

MVP 2005 will still be the best Baseball game ever.

Smasandian
Yeah, I wish my TV could still play my GC. (Massive delay on my DLP which totally ****s the pitching mechanic).

But that game was totally amazing.

It's up there with High Heat Baseball and my personal fave Earl Weaver Baseball for the Tandy 1000. Pretty in depth for the 80's baseball game. You played as Ruth and old players like that in old stadiums. You could also build your own. But all the strategy in baseball is included in it. It was pretty sweet.

FlappingMangera
Originally posted by DanZeke25
I did the demo and hated it. I hated the new throwing and pitching mostly.

I actually like the new controls a lot. I like how the swing stick makes you think about the rhythm of throwing a ball or swinging a bat, plus it makes the game more challenging. You have to really focus for every pitch, otherwise you serve up a meatball. It took me a while to adjust, but after a while I couldn't go back to the old controls.

Smasandian
I hate the new skill stick fad.

It only works in football and hockey.

Sport games require amazing control to work the best and I hate losing a game, or not being able to hit something because the stick wasnt exact.

I play NHL 08, and yes its cool but there are numerous times when I miss the motion and I lose.

FlappingMangera
Another game that uses the skill stick is Tiger Woods. Before playing that game, I found golf games boring and easy, but swinging the stick actually made me focus. The same goes for 2K8. In MVP 05 I won every game I played because the controls were so simple. Now I have to really work at it, just like pitchers and hitters have to focus, and I enjoy the game a lot more when I'm playing against the even opponent.

Of course 2K8 has classic controls, but I don't think I'll go back to them.

Smasandian
Again, dont like them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.