Cyclops vs Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Marvel
Who would win in a battle?

Who is the best field commander?

Mr. Slippyfist
Cap.

Eternal Idol
Cap is a better field leader, and a better hand-to-hand combatant, but Cyclops' optic blasts should give him a majority over Cap.

norrinradd43
Shield can stop the blasts, but they will knock him down...I dont know, this is a tough one, Cap is a better field commander...Cyke is not bad though I think Havok is better though.

Grinning Goku
Cap will eventually get tagged.

brainchild81
ditto. & now that Cap's been killed. Cyke is THE best leader in comics

thadarknite84
Cyclops.

psycho gundam
cap, the shield absorbs impact and displaces energy like a rain drop.

LORD B
cap.

cyclops is a whiny little prick

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by LORD B
cap.

cyclops is a whiny little prick

Based on, what, the animated series? Cyclops may have been a boy-scout for the majority of his career, but he's seriously bad-ass. I remember reading some old X-Men comics many years ago, and it seemed to me that every time Cyclops was put out of commission or wasn't around, the team usually got their collective asses handed to them.

LORD B
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
Based on, what, the animated series? Cyclops may have been a boy-scout for the majority of his career, but he's seriously bad-ass. I remember reading some old X-Men comics many years ago, and it seemed to me that every time Cyclops was put out of commission or wasn't around, the team usually got their collective asses handed to them.
based on my opinion,he's one guy ive never liked.

WrathfulDwarf
Capt is best field commander. No question about it...

Capt without his shield loses to Cyclops.

Eternal Idol
But what is your opinion based on? Comics or cartoons?

I know several people who were somewhat annoyed by Cyclops in the X-Men animated series (myself included) and used that as the basis for their dislike of him.

If you're already familiar with his appearances in comics, then fair enough. Don't see how he can be perceived as a whiny loser but we'll have to agree to disagree.

psycho gundam
cyclops had his good moments in the cartoon;

-the episode when morph was left behind, wolverine cheapshotted cyclops in the gut, i though cyclops was going to kill him after that.

-making sinister look like a bytch many times.

-owning sentinels

imo they made him less effective in the cartoon because he logically could have taken 95% of their enemies just by glancing at them for a second. that would make the rest of the team irrelevant.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c281/Sixth_Winged/experimentalsig6.gif

redhotrash
The shield shouldnt protect his entire body. Unless he crouches in a little ball behind it, some of the blast is going to get through. This is also assuming Cyclops doesnt tear the ground out from under him. As a field leader, Capt is way better. Cyke strikes me as more of a Nebraska state high school QB type leader.

Phantom Zone
Cap is a better leader, he loses in a battle that optic blast is too much.

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by xmarksthespot

lulz.

Raoul
cap is the better leader, but not by a whole lot imo...

in a fight, and assuming cyke is more than arm's reach from cap, then cap dies...

cmack
cyclops would tear caps legs off with an optic blast

psycho gundam
not if he cartwheels away then fallows up with a shield throw.
the wide optic blast is hard to counter though, cyke ussualy uses that to kill, cap gets much respect and cyke would only go for a ko

StiltmanFTW
bump

Existere
I don't actually know if I think Cap is a better field leader.... mmm

Maybe nowadays, but that's only because Cyclops has taken Xavier's place of acting like a toolshed in order to drive plot some insane direction.

Hulkbuster1
captain america takes this easily they only thing the caps couldn't dodge and killed him where regular slow ordinary bullets and since cyclops shoots optic lazers he's doom :rollseyes:

Greysen93
Cap is the better leader. But Cyclops would beat him.

Magnon
Cap will win in a fight.

His unparalleled jobber aura will root Cyclops firmly in place and force him to shoot a narrow optic beam at the dead centre of Cap's shield, while Cap just walks up to him and knocks him out.

leonidas
i'd take cap in both for sure. and cyke has been a complete tool lately.

JakeTheBank
Steve Rogers in both, though I'm not opposed to Cyke beating him in an actual fight.

DTM
Ive said it before, Ill say it again, Cap is very much physically the superior to Cyclops, and his shield is the perfect foil for Cyclops optic blasts. Cyke is good enough to do well against him, but unless its horrible writing, Cap should beat him much more than not.

CosmicComet
This God damn mutie got owned already by the Soldier of God, Lord Steven Rogers.

cJtCUQ0NZa8

-Pr-
Originally posted by DTM
Ive said it before, Ill say it again, Cap is very much physically the superior to Cyclops, and his shield is the perfect foil for Cyclops optic blasts. Cyke is good enough to do well against him, but unless its horrible writing, Cap should beat him much more than not.

Unless Cylops shoots him the legs.

Metalmanx
No way. There is too much praise for Captain America becuase he's Captain America. He's one of the best, not trying to say he sucks. Cuz obviously he doesn't.

Cyclops is THE best field leader. Dude comes up with dozens and dozens of contingency plans for nearly every conceivable situation, and is able to implement them on the fly with whatever team he happens to be commanding. And sometimes multiple teams at the same time. And when they don't already have a plan for something? Cyke works his team like a precision surgical instrument, utilizing their abilities to their fullest and all with impeccable timing.

Again, not saying that he's leagues above Cap, cuz he's not. But Cyclops has been showing (especially over the last few years) to be THE leader of the superhuman teams right now.

DTM
Uh, its not like Cap cant use his shield to block his legs, or his entire body at that, something hes dont many many many times in his career. Cyke is probably my favorite XMan, but hes just outclassed in virtually every respect against Cap.

-Pr-
Originally posted by DTM
Uh, its not like Cap cant use his shield to block his legs, or his entire body at that, something hes dont many many many times in his career. Cyke is probably my favorite XMan, but hes just outclassed in virtually every respect against Cap.

He's going to move AND cover his entire body with the shield at the same time?

Metalmanx
Also, Cyke wins in a fight, too. He doesn't even necessarily have to blast Cap himself to win. Cyke can destroy the very ground Cap is standing on while he's shielding himself.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by -Pr-
He's going to move AND cover his entire body with the shield at the same time?

He's right. We forgot that Cyke can only shoot one time every ten seconds. And only ever with a narrow beam. no expression

...Oh wait. cool

DTM
Considering Cap used his shield to block out HTs all emcompassing Nova Burst when he was close by it, Id say he could block even Cykes widest beams just as easily (and yes, he can block and move, just like Cyke can shoot and move). Cap is noticeably strong, tougher, faster, more agile, longer lasting and more experienced than Cyke, and has a weapon that all but neuters Cykes only form of attack. I cannot believe Cyke beats Cap more than not, or close to it really, not unless the terrain is stacked heavily in Scotts favor.

Damborgson
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/sp/c5ac32776900f70a1778e6a2e580dad0/018.jpg

http://comicbook.com/files/2011/06/captain-america-salute.gif

OneDumbG0
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Even%20More%20Random/America01.jpg

SuperiorTech
I would pay good money to see Cap do final justice to Cyke.

Mshinu
Cyke`s face is pretty much indestructible. I doubt even the Cappunch could put him down.

-Pr-
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Even%20More%20Random/America01.jpg

That's ****ing retarded.

cdtm
Originally posted by norrinradd43
Shield can stop the blasts, but they will knock him down...I dont know, this is a tough one, Cap is a better field commander...Cyke is not bad though I think Havok is better though.

The shield shouldn't stop a wide beam.

It's not big enough to cover his entire body, even if he crouches behind it.

Granted, Cyke rarely uses them, but if/when he does, that should be it.

cdtm
Originally posted by psycho gundam
not if he cartwheels away then fallows up with a shield throw.
the wide optic blast is hard to counter though, cyke ussualy uses that to kill, cap gets much respect and cyke would only go for a ko

Good point, and usually true.

Although it probably depends on his mood, or the stakes. Cyke sure didn't give Cap much respect in that recent crossover...

HandOfFate
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
I would pay good money to see Cap do final justice to Cyke.

LoL, you are now my new favorite person on this board.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.