Zoom vs Gog

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
given gog's hypertime control and his ability to pull as many of himselves out of the time stream as he wants (see gog wars . . . . NOT KC) he is pretty damn near impossible to beat. i'm curious how zoom would do, given his own time-oriented speed.

thoughts?

Symmetric Chaos
Gog would destroy him. It might take awhile but he would.

leonidas
does zoom exist 'out of time'? or CAN he do so? how would gog hit him if zoom really didn't want to be hit?

i could actually (for one of the very rare occasions) see a possible stalemate in this one . . .

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by leonidas
does zoom exist 'out of time'? or CAN he do so?

His personal time stream has been knocked loose from everything else. I've never seen him be "outside" of time.

how would gog hit him if zoom really didn't want to be hit?

Theoretically he would be unhittable but Zoloman would get tired eventually.

Lord Feron
does zoom exist 'out of time'? or CAN he do so? how would gog hit him if zoom really didn't want to be hit?

i could actually (for one of the very rare occasions) see a possible stalemate in this one . . .

interesting theory. I assume the time powers of Gog multiplied by many gogs all using the time manip abilities at the same time. Zoom will be eventaully overwhelmed. wink That is what i think but my knowledge of Zoom and gog is not in depth but based on what i read I think this is a likily outcome.

Erik-Lensherr
Somehow this reminds me of Neo vs Smith smile

Anyway, like Sym said, theoretically they shouldn't be able to touch him, but in the end he would probably get tired to the point where he will lose.

Galan007
Gog ftw.

llagrok
That Gog didn't strike me as particularly durable, and he needed quite a few of himself to knock out Superman.

Zoom might be able to knock him out.

Galan007
Originally posted by llagrok
That Gog didn't strike me as particularly durable, and he needed quite a few of himself to knock out Superman.

Zoom might be able to knock him out. Zoom might be able to knock out thousands of them, maybe tens of thousands -- but when you have the ability to pull a nigh-infinite number of yourself from the timestream (theoretically), then whats a few thousand? srsly

llagrok
Originally posted by Galan007
Zoom might be able to knock out thousands of them, maybe tens of thousands -- but when you have the ability to pull a nigh-infinite number of yourselves from the timestream (theoretically), then whats a few thousand? srsly

I concur, Zoom wouldn't be able to do it.

leonidas
what if he were able to reach gog-prime (??)? the one who manipulates hypertime, or the 'original'? could zoom keep him from accessing his hypertime selves, or could ANY of the hypertime selves THEMSELVES access hypertime selves?! blink

Galan007
what if he were able to reach gog-prime (??)? the one who manipulates hypertime, or the 'original'? could zoom keep him from accessing his hypertime selves, or could ANY of the hypertime selves THEMSELVES access hypertime selves?! blink In theory,
couldn't he just gather 'duplicates', by plucking himself from each picosecond of the past?

Hell, even if he just did that for one second... eek!

leonidas
In theory,
couldn't he just gather 'duplicates', by plucking himself from each picosecond of the past?

Hell, even if he just did that for one second... eek!

gog may be the toughest villain ever. no expression

Galan007
gog may be the toughest villain ever. no expression Especially the way he used his powers during 'GW'.

leonidas
hey . . . but wouldn't gog's actions be basically frozen to zoom?? couldn't zoom take him out before he could summon any of his hypertime selves??

Galan007
hey . . . but wouldn't gog's actions be basically frozen to zoom?? couldn't zoom take him out before he could summon any of his hypertime selves?? I wouldn't think so.

Gog manipulates time to a much greater degree than Zoloman, imo.

Symmetric Chaos
hey . . . but wouldn't gog's actions be basically frozen to zoom?? couldn't zoom take him out before he could summon any of his hypertime selves??

Gog knocked away KCFlash without effort srug

leonidas
gog may be the toughest villain ever. no expression

no expression

Galan007
imo,
there's no reason Gog couldn't move through time the way Zoloman does, .

but why bother with that when you could theoretically pool a million/million 'selves, to one point in time, in a single second. none

leonidas
gog scares me. no expression

TricksterPriest
Consider who it took to bring him down. Gog Wars Doomsday, the strongest version ever seen in comics. A version who was tearing apart all the gogs that Gog threw at him. fear FOR 100 YEARS.

Galan007
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Consider who it took to bring him down. Gog Wars Doomsday, the strongest version ever seen in comics. A version who was tearing apart all the gogs that Gog threw at him. fear FOR 100 YEARS. DD didn't beat Gog.

They actually ended up on the same side at the end.

TricksterPriest
I know. I'm just saying, that GW DD was the only one who could stand up to him. And at the end, DD could have killed Gog, had he wanted to.

It's a testament to Gog's immense power.

llagrok
KMC Gog is one hell of a badass.

leonidas
Originally posted by llagrok
KMC Gog is one hell of a badass.

isn't he basically regular gog but with the powers of a skyfather . . .?

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I know. I'm just saying, that GW DD was the only one who could stand up to him. And at the end, DD could have killed Gog, had he wanted to.

It's a testament to Gog's immense power. GW DD got KO'ed at the start of the war...

And a weakened poisoned Superman beat Gog... didn't he?

Galan007
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
GW DD got KO'ed at the start of the war...

And a weakened poisoned Superman beat Gog... didn't he? Superman and DD beat several Gogs'.

leonidas
GW DD got KO'ed at the start of the war...

And a weakened poisoned Superman beat Gog... didn't he?

that was just one gog. by the end, gog was battling an ARMY of supermen AND the ultimate version of dd for 100 YEARS! and the 'true' gog wasn't even in the battle -- he was busy torturing superman. they would have all died except that gog changed sides and sorta became a good guy . . . him and dd became buds. cool arc.

Mr. Slippyfist
Superman and DD beat several Gogs'. I know, but I'm just talking about an unfair one on one fight.

that was just one gog. by the end, gog was battling an ARMY of supermen AND the ultimate version of dd for 100 YEARS! and the 'true' gog wasn't even in the battle -- he was busy torturing superman. they would have all died except that gog changed sides and sorta became a good guy . . . him and dd became buds. cool arc. I know... I read it.

Galan007
I know, but I'm just talking about an unfair one on one fight. I think the point there was to convey the fact that no matter how many individual Gogs' Supes/DD beat -- there was an endless amount more, ready to take their place.

Troop
I would like to read the Gog Arc. What issues did it happen in or start at least?

leonidas
action 815-825?? i think . . . embarrasment

Symmetric Chaos
WrathOfGog

Action 812 - 825

Erik-Lensherr
One on one, in that certain arc, Gog didn't look that impressive. Before injecting him with Kryptonite, I think it's obvious Superman had the advantage. He still pretty much destroyed Superboy in combat though.

Troop
Thank you both.

Superherovandal
it really depends on which version we are talking about Kingdom Gog would own Zoom with both eyes closed. Gog Wars could win but i'd say Zoom would beat him. The Gog we've seen in JSA looks very powerful too with his stalemating Infinity Man and owning KC Superman and practically all of the JSA. He'd probably win too but we have to see more of him to be sure.

llagrok
I'd give Zoom better odds against the current Gog than against the GoG wars one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.