Marrina vs. Abe Sapien

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

-K-M-
Stipulations
-Marrina in her base form
-Fight occurs in water

shksprtx
I still give this to Marrina...haven't seen many of Abe's feats in comics, but the movie version didn't really impress me that much...

-K-M-
The comic and movie version of Abe are different, as he doesn't have telepathy and psychometry for starters

shksprtx
And apparently the comics version isn't quite as amphibious as the movie version, not that that would matter overly much with an undersea fight. Except for maybe Marrina catching Abe in a waterspout and BFR'ing him onto dry land mile from shore.

Besides, Marrina is an exceptionally fast swimmer...Namor himself has had trouble keeping up with her at times.

I don't see how Abe could even touch her, unless the comics Abe is pretty uber underwater...

psycho gundam
if marrina gets pissed, abe gets thrashed

Zeitgeist
Didn't Marrina supposedly exceed Namor's swimming speed?

And she's a tank, physically.

The Fake Macoy
I have not seen Abe do something that puts him on Marrina's level. This seems kind of like spite coming from Mungi.

psycho gundam
it is spite but, it made us think of alpha flight, and that maybe mungi's true intention.

-K-M-
Marrina is a tank physically?

and have you guys ever read Abe before? He has super human strength and superhuman speed in the water as well. He even is willing to kill, while Marrina isn't as she is more timid.

psycho gundam
until she gets all plodex on his ass.

-K-M-
Originally posted by psycho gundam
until she gets all plodex on his ass.

I take it you didn't read the first post did you?

psycho gundam
so she rather die than get savage?

how does that work?

-K-M-
.....Marrina doesn't Plodex out when she gets mad you know erm

psycho gundam
...umm enraged then.. confused

shksprtx

Marrina only transforms into her "Plodex" version when she is in the presence of a suitable Plodex breeding partner.

As for her being too timid to go for the kill, I think her innate Plodex self-preservation instincts would at some point override her upbringing.

And yes, Marrina is something of a tank, with superhuman durability and some degree of superhuman strength. Didn't a bus or something like that crash into her once without even scratching her?

-K-M-

Not how her powers work erm

Originally posted by shksprtx
As for her being too timid to go for the kill, I think her innate Plodex self-preservation instincts would at some point override her upbringing.

And yes, Marrina is something of a tank, with superhuman durability and some degree of superhuman strength. Didn't a bus or something like that crash into her once without even scratching her?

Perhaps, it's open for a debate

Something, but not an uber tank. It was a truck that drove into her and she halted it.

1. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/AvengersV1287-03.jpg
2. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/AvengersV1287-04.jpg

batdude123
Mungi for the spite thread. thumb up

-K-M-
Uuuuuuh...it's not spite

The Fake Macoy
I have not seen Abe do anything like stopping a truck. He's strong alright, but not that strong. He has ripped off part of a robot's leg to use as a club, broken out of shackles as well, but that's a lower level than stopping a truck.

-K-M-
He flipped over a rather large generator with no troubles, but yes Marrina is physically stronger. However, that's merely only one aspect of the fight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.