Magneto & Dr.Polaris VS Doomsday [DOS]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SevenShackles
http://www.spider-man.info/Villains/Magneto/MagnetoRed.gifhttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f5/Drpolaris.png

~VS~
http://www.supermansupersite.com/doomsday1.jpg

Magneto and Dr.polaris VS DOS Doomsday

after it was decided in one of my other threads BlackAdam would destroy these two i wondered if they could even take out Doomsday as a team lol

Lord Feron
What? I imagine that Doomsday would rip Black Adam apart. So the debate led to the loss of the team so you pit them against someone even greater. no expression Well anyway unfortunate that people think BA would have whooped the team but eh w/e let people love their characters... Think Doomsday takes this.

golem370
Magneto could do if he fought smart

jgiant
Magneto doesn't even have to be near doomsday to send him flying into outerspace, magneto can win this alone by tko.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by jgiant
Magneto doesn't even have to be near doomsday to send him flying into outerspace, magneto can win this alone by tko.

see tahts what i generally thought but the majority of ppl on forums say Magneto can't really do that... idk why they think that way. Anyway if He can do that to Doomsday he can do it to BA maybe send him into a wormhole of something.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by Lord Feron
What? I imagine that Doomsday would rip Black Adam apart. So the debate led to the loss of the team so you pit them against someone even greater. no expression Well anyway unfortunate that people think BA would have whooped the team but eh w/e let people love their characters... Think Doomsday takes this.

the 'debate' was simply his magical invulnerability covered all apects and that black adam was to much of a beast to be taken down.

thats why. i simply wanted a strong, seemingly impossible enemy w/o Magical invulnerability. so i picked Doomsday a immense physical threat but without the ability of flight and such. giving the team enough of a chance.

i see Dr.polaris dying but giving magneto the chance of winning. be it launching Doomsday into space, wrapping Dr.polaris's corpse around him then doing so or other means.

Avlon
Doomsday ftw.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/random%20comic%20feats/Journey_in_to_mystery109-15.jpg

batdude123
Because Doomsday is such a good energy absorber, that scan totally applies here...

Avlon
Originally posted by batdude123
Because Doomsday is such a good energy absorber, that scan totally applies here...

Actually...it's all about the 1st panel of that scan...

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/6564/da1348yd.th.jpg

but as for energy absorption...

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/6852/da1407na.th.jpg

big grin

Master-Borg
Avlon, why in the world would Magneto engage Doomsday in a closequarters brawl?

that doesn't make any sense

Most likely Magneto would be miles above DD, and commanding tons of metal to enrap DD into a giant metal ball and then sending that ball straight to the sun.

DD doesnt stand a chance against Magneto...unless they fight in an environment devoid of metal.

Avlon
Originally posted by Master-Borg
Avlon, why in the world would Magneto engage Doomsday in a closequarters brawl?

that doesn't make any sense

Most likely Magneto would be miles above DD, and commanding tons of metal to enrap DD into a giant metal ball and then sending that ball straight to the sun.

DD doesnt stand a chance against Magneto...unless they fight in an environment devoid of metal.

Was it stated that Mags gets some kind of prep?

Also, DD is way too fast for Mags...and no steel that Mags is going to make is going to hold him. Let's not get carried away here.

Mindset
Avlon is that even DOS Doomsday?

Galan007
Originally posted by Mindset
Avlon is that even DOS Doomsday? That's pre-DoS Doomsday. Theoretically, DoS DD would've been more powerful. ermm

Avlon
Originally posted by Mindset
Avlon is that even DOS Doomsday?

Actually, that is pre-DOS Doomsday. Otherwise I wouldn't have put up the scans.

Mindset
Originally posted by Avlon
Actually, that is pre-DOS Doomsday. Otherwise I wouldn't have put up the scans.

Maybe you would, maybe you wouldn't.

And lol at the 40 year old scan of Magneto.

Master-Borg
Was it stated that Mags gets some kind of prep?

Also, DD is way too fast for Mags...and no steel that Mags is going to make is going to hold him. Let's not get carried away here.

Prep...why would Magneto need prep to cover DD in a ball of metal?

And DD would certainly not be able to break out being trapped by tons and tons of metal.

DOS DD is not HP DD.

Avlon
Prep...why would Magneto need prep to cover DD in a ball of metal?

And DD would certainly not be able to break out being trapped by tons and tons of metal.

DOS DD is not HP DD.

That isn't HP DD...it takes place years before DOS. So DOS DD is technically even MORE powerful.

Since when does standard metal stop Superman level characters with superspeed?

Mags would be far too busy trying to protect himself.

This is a guy who crushed the JLA easily.

Master-Borg
That isn't HP DD...it takes place years before DOS. So DOS DD is technically even MORE powerful.

Since when does standard metal Superman level characters with superspeed?

Mags would be far too busy trying to protect himself.

This is a guy who crushed the JLA easily. so Magneto is miles up in the sky with a forcefield around him, exactly what is DD going to do?

Lunge at him, so Mags can sidestep 1 meter and have DD completely miss and fall back to earth?

And when I say Mags bury him in metal, I mean bury. Not like in comics, where he twists a bar around an opponent, he will literally access thousands of tons of metal around DD and mash them into a ball and launch into the sun.

Mags 10/10

Avlon
so Magneto is miles up in the sky with a forcefield around him, exactly what is DD going to do?

Lunge at him, so Mags can sidestep 1 meter and have DD completely miss and fall back to earth?

And when I say Mags bury him in metal, I mean bury. Not like in comics, where he twists a bar around an opponent, he will literally access thousands of tons of metal around DD and mash them into a ball and launch into the sun.

Mags 10/10

How is Mags going to get up there in time? He surely isn't faster than DD who was compared with the Flash in DOS.

By the time Mags tries to fly up or gets enough metal to shoot out, he'll be dead. He does have to concentrate to avoid the assault. Hell, I just showed him beating the hell out of a GL and GL>>>>Mags.

Flash like speed, almost ridiculous adaptation to energy, incalculable strength, and you expect Mags to win?

He did well against Thor in the scan I posted. no

ÇãPž™
Doomsday ftw

batdude123
How is Mags going to get up there in time? He surely isn't faster than DD who was compared with the Flash in DOS.

Magneto has flown to the moon in one panel. Something tells me him flying upwards out of Doomsday's range wouldn't be a problem.

And he was only compared to "Flash" by Booster Gold... a human. At that speed, it's hard to tell the difference between someone like Doomsday and Flash, especially for someone with human reflexes.

By the time Mags tries to fly up or gets enough metal to shoot out, he'll be dead.

Doubtful.

He does have to concentrate to avoid the assault. Hell, I just showed him beating the hell out of a GL and GL>>>>Mags.

Most Green Lanterns shown on panel are used for nothing other than cannon fodder. Saying that no-name GL is superior to Magneto is ridiculous, and a baseless assumption.

Flash like speed, almost ridiculous adaptation to energy, incalculable strength, and you expect Mags to win?

He did well against Thor in the scan I posted. no

You showed a single scan from their entire fight. Before that, Magneto was more than holding his own against Thor. He even magnetically grabbed Mjolnir so Thor couldn't reach it, then 60 seconds later Thor reverted to Donald Blake. What you posted was Thor getting in a sneak attack while Magneto's back was turned.

Anyway, considering that fight took place in Thor's own title series, Magneto did pretty good. And as someone already mentioned, it's 40+ years old. Since then, Magneto has become much more powerful.

In another showing, Magneto laughed off Thor's shots saying something like "mere physical force cannot penetrate my force field."

And considering Magneto has easily restrained the Hulk, I'd say he could do so to DOS Doomsday.

Mr. Slippyfist
A question since I haven't read DOS in a long time, and don't remember hardly any speed showings (besides chasing Superman while jumping) from him:

Was it his reflexes that were compared to Flash, or was it his travel speed?
Because his reflexes are A+... I just don't recall many speed showings.

srug

batdude123
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
A question since I haven't read DOS in a long time, and don't remember hardly any speed showings (besides chasing Superman while jumping) from him:

Was it his reflexes that were compared to Flash, or was it his travel speed?
Because his reflexes are A+... I just don't recall many speed showings.

srug

Gold was referring to his speed.

Avlon
Magneto has flown to the moon in one panel. Something tells me him flying upwards out of Doomsday's range wouldn't be a problem.

And he was only compared to "Flash" by Booster Gold... a human. At that speed, it's hard to tell the difference between someone like Doomsday and Flash, especially for someone with human reflexes.

Strangely enough, Superman, and GL's have flown much faster than that...and still get tagged by DD.

If you want Mags to basically bfr himself...

Doubtful.

Unless the fight is in a junkyard... standard shrapnel isn't going to do a thing to DD.. especially since he moves much faster than Mags can think.

He'll be too busy trying to keep his field from being broken (which won't take long)

Most Green Lanterns shown on panel are used for nothing other than cannon fodder. Saying that no-name GL is superior to Magneto is ridiculous, and a baseless assumption.

GL is still >>>>>>Mags. Fodder or not.

You showed a single scan from their entire fight. Before that, Magneto was more than holding his own against Thor. He even magnetically grabbed Mjolnir so Thor couldn't reach it, then 60 seconds later Thor reverted to Donald Blake. What you posted was Thor getting in a sneak attack while Magneto's back was turned.

Anyway, considering that fight took place in Thor's own title series, Magneto did pretty good. And as someone already mentioned, it's 40+ years old. Since then, Magneto has become much more powerful.

In another showing, Magneto laughed off Thor's shots saying something like "mere physical force cannot penetrate my force field."

And considering Magneto has easily restrained the Hulk, I'd say he could do so to DOS Doomsday.

DOS Doomsday matched Superman blow for blow and with speed, destroyed GL shields, absorbed a Guardians attack, and took out the JLA effortlessly.

Thor still owned Mags at the end. DD doesn't talk (at least not at that time) and goes straight for the kill.

Mags is a powerful mutant, but he surely isn't matching a guy that stomps top tier characters.

tjcoady
Honestly how is Doomsday going to attack Magneto or Dr. Polaris when they're a mile off the ground? What prevents them from just picking him up in some metal and hurling him into space?

Doomsday can't jump that high, and unless he managed to tag them past their shields by throwing something... which I don't see happening. How exactly is he supposed to hurt either of them? Even if he manages to tag one before they can get out of his reach, the other one makes it, and the winning tactic can still be used by only one.

SevenShackles
BTW fight is supposed to take place in the middle of a major city. like metropolis .

lol alot of Doomsday vs Magneto with no mention of Dr. Polaris. sure he isnt as deadly of magneto but he does well as a distraction, buying time for magneto to do what some of you are saying he can do.

plus i think i remember something along the lines of magneto being able to be powered up with the help of another magnetic powered based mutant Polaris .. couldnt something of that nature take place between him and Dr.Polaris acting as a power battery for reserve power?

batdude123
Strangely enough, Superman, and GL's have flown much faster than that...and still get tagged by DD.

That's because Superman chooses to engage in physical combat. Magneto has no reason to do that, and he has the ability to stay out of Doomsday's range. Unless Doomsday has a reach of 100 feet, Magneto dictates the pace of the match.

If you want Mags to basically bfr himself...

How is staying in the air, away from Doomsday BFRing himself?

Unless the fight is in a junkyard... standard shrapnel isn't going to do a thing to DD.. especially since he moves much faster than Mags can think.

I know, right? Because Magneto is only capable of controlling metal. thumb up

He'll be too busy trying to keep his field from being broken (which won't take long)

Aside from the fact that he's easily restrained Hulk and has laughed off Thor's shots, what do you think Dr. Polaris will be doing when all this happens? Handing out lollipops on the street corner?

GL is still >>>>>>Mags. Fodder or not.

Prove that that specific Green Lantern shown is superior to Magneto.

Most Green Lanterns aren't Kyle or Hal... or even Guy, for that matter.

DOS Doomsday matched Superman blow for blow and with speed, destroyed GL shields, absorbed a Guardians attack, and took out the JLA effortlessly.

Back when a gas station explosion was able to knock Superman out. A Green Lantern that has absolutely no feats.

As for the Guardian feat, that's damn impressive, but this is DOS Doomsday we're talking about. In other words, only feats he accomplished during that arc are applicable. Spin it any which way you want, even though that feat came before Doomsday arrived on Earth, it's pretty apparent he's > DOS version of himself.

And the JLA at that time had some true B-listers on it.

Thor still owned Mags at the end. DD doesn't talk (at least not at that time) and goes straight for the kill.

It's important not to ignore context.

1. Magneto beat Thor in the first round.

2. It's folly to use 40+ year old instances to back your claims, especially considering Magneto was much less powerful back then.

Mags is a powerful mutant, but he surely isn't matching a guy that stomps top tier characters.

Aside from Superman (who was much weaker back then), what other top tier characters did DOS Doomsday stomp? Fire? Ice? Blue Beetle? Booster Gold? Yep, real top tiers alright.

And I guess you seem to be forgetting that Dr. Polaris is also backing up Magneto in this fight.

llagrok

Shut the fu(k up.

tjcoady
He fought the Martian, too, in his Bloodwynd disguise. But J'onn was also much weaker back then.

Um, and everyone pointing out Doomsday beating the JLA... so has Dr. Polaris. And that was a MUCH stronger League Polaris beat.

batdude123
Originally posted by llagrok
Shut the fu(k up.

Originally posted by tjcoady
Um, and everyone pointing out Doomsday beating the JLA... so has Dr. Polaris. And that was a MUCH stronger League Polaris beat.

True enough.

Master-Borg

Aside from Superman (who was much weaker back then), what other top tier characters did DOS Doomsday stomp? Fire? Ice? Blue Beetle? Booster Gold? Yep, real top tiers alright.

He wtfpwned that scary MM lookalike.

Mr. Slippyfist
Hasn't Mags gotten an on-panel power-up since then?

Also, Doomsday had a GL ring when he fought the Guardian...

batdude123
He wtfpwned that scary MM lookalike.

Who did almost nothing aside from providing some eye blasts.

Hasn't Mags gotten an on-panel power-up since then?

A few, actually.

Also, Doomsday had a GL ring when he fought the Guardian...

Awesome. smile

Master-Borg
Who did almost nothing aside from providing some eye blasts.

DD also wtfpwned Maxima.

batdude123
DD also wtfpwned Maxima.

Quite the opposite actually. She was putting a beat down on him before she was injured by the gas station explosion (lol).

Master-Borg
Quite the opposite actually. She was putting a beat down on him before she was injured by the gas station explosion (lol). meh...my only memory of her was her punching Superman when DD ducked

also, you have to remember that DD not only battled Superman but he was fighting the Lex Corp army who blasted him with lasers throughout the whole battle

batdude123
meh...my only memory of her was her punching Superman when DD ducked

also, you have to remember that DD not only battled Superman but he was fighting the Lex Corp army who blasted him with lasers throughout the whole battle

Magneto and Dr. Polaris>>>>Lex Corp army.

Master-Borg
Magneto and Dr. Polaris>>>>Lex Corp army. Prove it, goddamn it batdude Im sick of your debating style. you can't just make a baseless claim without any evidence supporting it. mad

The lex Army fired a shitload of lasers at DD. no expression

Mindset
Prove it, goddamn it batdude Im sick of your debating style. you can't just make a baseless claim without any evidence supporting it. mad

The lex Army fired a shitload of lasers at DD. no expression

Lol, I can't tell if you're joking are not.

Avlon
That's because Superman chooses to engage in physical combat. Magneto has no reason to do that, and he has the ability to stay out of Doomsday's range. Unless Doomsday has a reach of 100 feet, Magneto dictates the pace of the match.

Why would DD need range of a 100 feet when he has the capability to move at speeds that Mags cannot? It's not like DD stands around to think about his actions, he just goes for the kill.

"60 miles might as well be 60 paces to this monster."

How is staying in the air, away from Doomsday BFRing himself?

You mentioned Mags going to the moon, not I.

I know, right? Because Magneto is only capable of controlling metal. thumb up

Metal is his forte'. Other abilities require much more concentration. Something he won't have time to do.

Aside from the fact that he's easily restrained Hulk and has laughed off Thor's shots, what do you think Dr. Polaris will be doing when all this happens? Handing out lollipops on the street corner?

Hulk is variable, and Thor whooped his ass at the end when he stopped playing around. Mags can only sustain himself so long under that type of pressure.

Prove that that specific Green Lantern shown is superior to Magneto.

I believe it goes to you to show how a Magnetism guy is superior to a guy who can do basically anything and has training on this without any kind of PIS.

Back when a gas station explosion was able to knock Superman out. A Green Lantern that has absolutely no feats.

As for the Guardian feat, that's damn impressive, but this is DOS Doomsday we're talking about. In other words, only feats he accomplished during that arc are applicable. Spin it any which way you want, even though that feat came before Doomsday arrived on Earth, it's pretty apparent he's > DOS version of himself.

And the JLA at that time had some true B-listers on it.

Wrong. That IS part of DOS Doomsdays past so it's quite usable. I haven't used H/P material which takes place afterwards.

It's important not to ignore context.

1. Magneto beat Thor in the first round.

2. It's folly to use 40+ year old instances to back your claims, especially considering Magneto was much less powerful back then.

Wasn't Mags downgraded recently? While he did to get some of his power back..it's not what it used to be..and even at his height...still not herald level.

Let's see...he was absorbing and adapting to a guardians blasts to the point where the guardian had to bfr him, beat a GL straight up, Superman, Maxima, Bloodwind, Guy, countless worlds, etc.

Doesn't sound like a lot, but considering we're forced to limit DD, that isn't bad at all.

And I guess you seem to be forgetting that Dr. Polaris is also backing up Magneto in this fight.

I haven't forgotten anything about Polaris. He's pretty much fodder to DD. Oh, and since someone mentioned Polaris beating the JLA, he's also lost individually to them as well. smile DD has lost to let's see...Supes, Imperiex, Entropy Aegis, and Entropy. The last 3 which are all part of entropy in some way, shape, or form.

llagrok
Do people honestly think that Mags is good for nothing more than flinging metal?

starlock
Team Magneto and Dr Polaris for the win

ExodusCloak
Wasn't Mags downgraded recently? While he did to get some of his power back..it's not what it used to be..and even at his height...still not herald level.

That's sort of true and not true at the same time.

If we look at his history.

- The original Magneto, the one that faced off against the X-Men in Uncanny X-Men #1 and Thor in that issue was unable to fly. (His inability to fly was then retconned by Chris Claremont and again during the remake of Uncanny X-Men #1 which was called X-Men: Mythos. Although this Magneto showed off his Psi-Powers a lot more then current Magneto.

-Magneto had runnings with the Avengers, Inhumans and Fantastic Four (Can't remember the order) but this old man who couldn't fly was causing a lot of trouble eg Thors hammer, Iron Mans suit etc.. he was eventually caught by Reeds machines and learnt that he could control electromagnetism when he escaped from his plastic prison.

- Magneto was still an old man who couldn't fly when he took out the Defenders that consisted of Strange, Hulk, Valkerie, Someone Else I can't remember and Xavier. At the end of this issue he was turned into a baby by his experiment Alpha the Mutate.

- During Claremonts run during the Phoenix Rising Saga a Shiar (UXM #103 IRRC) bad guy called Eric the Red reaged Magneto to his prime. Magneto was stronger then ever. He could fly, turned a limited Phoenix's power against her took out the X-Men etc..

- Magneto joined the X-Men and took on the Avengers during that X-Men vs. Avengers mini. I'm not sure but someone told me that, that Thor was weaker back then.

- I'm not sure if there was another upgrade in Fatal Attractions but around this time his powers were making him more insane he EMP'd the Earth and built Asteroid M. His powers were fading though around this time so he needed Cortez to sustain him. He ended up mind wiped by Xavier here.

- Exodus helped him through his situation, but an Ex-Brotherhood member called Astra cloned him and brought him out of his vegetable like state.

- He threatened the Earth again his powers were fading so he needed a machine which he hooked himself up to and was one with the Earths Magnetosphere.

- The X-Men and Joseph(His clone) stopped him but the world surrendered and granted him Genosha. The Apocalypse/Twelve thing happened and his DNA was degraded so for a while he needed Polaris(His Daughter who also has Magnetic Powers) to establish a connection to the Earths Magnetosphere in order to use his powers.

- He eventually found a machine that rejuvenated his DNA and gave him another power boost making him more powerful then he's ever been. He then chucked the Avengers out of his land and threatened the rest of the world with their own Satellites that he was controlling with his powers from Genosha.

- During Dark Seduction he was about to go to war with the world took out the weirdest X-Men team ever and was eventually paralysed by Wolverine.

- Genosha Fell. Emma Frost became a core member of the X-Men.(Sorry just had to mention that)
Xorn showed up, broke New York, sent the Avengers hunting for a black hole. Controlled Gravity and Electromagnetism etc...turned out to be an imposter and was beheaded by Wolverine.

- The real Magneto somehow recovered from Wolverine's attack in Dark Seduction and was apparently weaker then he's ever been due to the wavering belief he had in his dream. When Wanda killed the Avengers he found meaning to his life again created a worm hole and went to go and fetch her.

- House of M happened and Magneto was depowered.

- Bendis and the Collective repowered Magneto for a while, after the fiasco Magneto disappeared/escaped in an explosion no one knew if he was repowered or not.

-Brubakers Extremists arc occured and at the end of the arc according to a book that tells the future Magneto is still a mutant.

- Currently Xavier and Magneto are fighting Exodus. Magneto is pretending to be human. So his current power level is unknown. But UXM #500 is coming up soon so he's probably due for another power upgrade.

Master-Borg
thanks for the nice summary exodus

golem370
Didn't I hear Magneto can make a black hole

Lord Feron

Doubtful.

and here I thought I was the only person who respected magento in these forums. boo to the DC fanboys. Gl >>>>> Mags hehehe that tickles me silly...(correction im talking about the no name GLs ) sorry for editing so much but did a polaris knock out kyle GL with his own ring by making him punch himself hehehe.

Erik-Lensherr
Yes, it was another upgrade. smile

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/th_MagnetoFatalAttractions.jpg

Avlon
Originally posted by ExodusCloak

- The original Magneto, the one that faced off against the X-Men in Uncanny X-Men #1 and Thor in that issue was unable to fly. (His inability to fly was then retconned by Chris Claremont and again during the remake of Uncanny X-Men #1 which was called X-Men: Mythos. Although this Magneto showed off his Psi-Powers a lot more then current Magneto.

-Magneto had runnings with the Avengers, Inhumans and Fantastic Four (Can't remember the order) but this old man who couldn't fly was causing a lot of trouble eg Thors hammer, Iron Mans suit etc.. he was eventually caught by Reeds machines and learnt that he could control electromagnetism when he escaped from his plastic prison.

- Magneto was still an old man who couldn't fly when he took out the Defenders that consisted of Strange, Hulk, Valkerie, Someone Else I can't remember and Xavier. At the end of this issue he was turned into a baby by his experiment Alpha the Mutate.

- During Claremonts run during the Phoenix Rising Saga a Shiar (UXM #103 IRRC) bad guy called Eric the Red reaged Magneto to his prime. Magneto was stronger then ever. He could fly, turned a limited Phoenix's power against her took out the X-Men etc..

- Magneto joined the X-Men and took on the Avengers during that X-Men vs. Avengers mini. I'm not sure but someone told me that, that Thor was weaker back then.

- I'm not sure if there was another upgrade in Fatal Attractions but around this time his powers were making him more insane he EMP'd the Earth and built Asteroid M. His powers were fading though around this time so he needed Cortez to sustain him. He ended up mind wiped by Xavier here.

- Exodus helped him through his situation, but an Ex-Brotherhood member called Astra cloned him and brought him out of his vegetable like state.

- He threatened the Earth again his powers were fading so he needed a machine which he hooked himself up to and was one with the Earths Magnetosphere.

- The X-Men and Joseph(His clone) stopped him but the world surrendered and granted him Genosha. The Apocalypse/Twelve thing happened and his DNA was degraded so for a while he needed Polaris(His Daughter who also has Magnetic Powers) to establish a connection to the Earths Magnetosphere in order to use his powers.

- He eventually found a machine that rejuvenated his DNA and gave him another power boost making him more powerful then he's ever been. He then chucked the Avengers out of his land and threatened the rest of the world with their own Satellites that he was controlling with his powers from Genosha.

- During Dark Seduction he was about to go to war with the world took out the weirdest X-Men team ever and was eventually paralysed by Wolverine.

- Genosha Fell. Emma Frost became a core member of the X-Men.(Sorry just had to mention that)
Xorn showed up, broke New York, sent the Avengers hunting for a black hole. Controlled Gravity and Electromagnetism etc...turned out to be an imposter and was beheaded by Wolverine.

- The real Magneto somehow recovered from Wolverine's attack in Dark Seduction and was apparently weaker then he's ever been due to the wavering belief he had in his dream. When Wanda killed the Avengers he found meaning to his life again created a worm hole and went to go and fetch her.

- Bendis and the Collective repowered Magneto for a while, after the fiasco Magneto disappeared/escaped in an explosion no one knew if he was repowered or not.

-Brubakers Extremists arc occured and at the end of the arc according to a book that tells the future Magneto is still a mutant.

- Currently Xavier and Magneto are fighting Exodus. Magneto is pretending to be human. So his current power level is unknown. But UXM #500 is coming up soon so he's probably due for another power upgrade.

GahLakTus
Let us not forget its not only Magneto that DD is up against.

Doomsday tends not to fare as well against somone who has radically different powers to him (eg. Radiant) - ie. somone who doesn't get into H2H combat because in that instance Doomsday trumps...

This is a far more difficult fight for DD than the Superman/DD fanboys would like to admit big grin

Lord Feron
Originally posted by GahLakTus

This is a far more difficult fight for DD than the Superman/DD fanboys would like to admit big grin

Happy Dance

Avlon
Originally posted by ExodusCloak

Damn Mogul cut off my last reply. Well done on the bio.

The laughable indirect veiled flame attempts by some of these members are hilarious too.

In a comic, those 2 would be fodder to DD in a few panels tops. This is almost as laughable as the old Superman vs Magneto thread, in which Mags was going to pull off tons of things simultaneously before Supes could KO him.

100ft is nothing to DD. Where is the proof that Mags and Polaris could find tons of metal to suddenly surround a fast moving DD who's a blur to them and quickly approaching?

Their fields aren't going to stop him, if they could even react fast enough to get them at a range that protects them. If they concentrate on trying to trap DD, then they end up nearly defenseless to his assault and he kills them.

If they try and put forcefields on...DD gets through and kills them.

I'm all for BFR but the op would have needed to state quite a long distance for it to have a chance of working. As is, these guys will be on a more defensive stance.

Avlon
Let us not forget its not only Magneto that DD is up against.

Doomsday tends not to fare as well against somone who has radically different powers to him (eg. Radiant) - ie. somone who doesn't get into H2H combat because in that instance Doomsday trumps...

Radiant used a technique that Mags or Polaris couldn't have pulled off... and because DD had resurrected from it already... even if they did have it...that trick wouldn't work again.

Oh, and before referring to anyone as a "fanboy" or anything..perhaps you should considering NOT naming yourself after a character.

GahLakTus
Radiant used a technique that Mags or Polaris couldn't have pulled off... and because DD had resurrected from it already... even if they did have it...that trick wouldn't work again.

Oh, and before referring to anyone as a "fanboy" or anything..perhaps you should considering NOT naming yourself after a character.

Touched a nerve have I?

And I never said they would be using the SAME trick - seeing as there very different im not quite sure how you came to that conclusion. DD was killed once by somthing he couldn't understand - no reason why that can't happen again eh FANBOY?

Happy Dance

Eon Blue
Doomsday.

Fanboys are stupid.

Avlon
Touched a nerve have I?

And I never said they would be using the SAME trick - seeing as there very different im not quite sure how you came to that conclusion. DD was killed once by somthing he couldn't understand - no reason why that can't happen again eh FANBOY?

Happy Dance

LOL, now this sad flame attempt from someone named after a comic character.
Stick to the minor leagues of debating. Let the rest of us know when you will actually attempt a valid point that hasn't been refuted.

smile

Eon Blue
Touched a nerve have I?

Happy Dance

Fanboy scum.

SevenShackles
Touched a nerve have I?

Happy Dance

what has Dr.Polaris or Magneto ever done lethal enough that they could do to DD (be it separate or combined attacks) that he hasn't encountered or can survive?

tjcoady
Originally posted by SevenShackles
what has Dr.Polaris or Magneto ever done lethal enough that they could do to DD (be it separate or combined attacks) that he hasn't encountered or can survive?

They don't have to kill him. Flinging him off planet would win a KMC match.

Honestly, anyone who is arguing for Doomsday please confront the strategy that me and a bunch of other people have already posted. Just get out of range and hurl him into space. How exactly is Doomsday supposed to avoid that? He loses by BFR, and anyone who doesn't get that isn't really thinking logically. Unless you actually think he's fast enough to get to Magneto AND Polaris before they're off the ground, there is just no way for Doomsday to win this by that battle plan.

Priest
Team ftw.

Avlon
Originally posted by SevenShackles

Nothing...and they (by KMC standard rules) weren't set off far enough to be of consequence. DD would kill these 2 without much issue. Even DOS Supes had to try and keep up with him and although nowhere near as fast as he is now...he was no slouch speed wise.

The BFR is possible with enough time and distance though if they can manipulate a large enough piece of mass where DD wouldn't notice.

scotsmn
Um, Magneto would only have to avoid/block the first attack to be able to fly into the atmosphere. From there all he would have to do is pull all of the iron filings from the dirt around DD (say 1 mile radius), lift them into the air say 1 mile high, and then have them all clump around DD at the same time. That should make a giant solid metal ball. DD will eventually break out I guess, but all you need is a second to launch that ball into the sun. Even if he breaks out, he is still heading to the Sun.

OR...

He can just trip DD over and over until he dies of frustration. Magneto can just pull the iron out of the ground wherever DD runs and constantly trip him. It would actually be quite funny. When he wants to, he can shove the iron through his eyes, into his mouth, butt... wherever and stuff him like a pinata. THEN he could fling him into the Sun.

OR...

He can encase him in flexible lead so that he can still move but he would be blind and sluggish. Then he could have his way with him. Maybe suspend him in the air between two magnets so he has nothing to push against? I dunno, DD has no chance unless he lands and instant kill cheapshot before the fight even begins.

batdude123

Mr. Slippyfist
Didn't Mags defend against Cyke's cheapshot eye blast (which is said to travel at lightspeed)?

batdude123
Didn't Mags defend against Cyke's cheapshot eye blast (which is said to travel at lightspeed)?

Well yeah... but it doesn't really matter.

DOS Doomsday for teh speed blitz.

Grinning Goku
Because Doomsday is such a good energy absorber, that scan totally applies here... laughing laughing

Avlon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.