Darth Plagueis the Wise

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lt. Valerian
Your opinions on this character? I personally believe he is a very interesting character, and I would definitely like to know more about him.

Tangible God
Poor guy. His life was a tragedy ultimately. He was so powerful and so wise, he could influence the midichlorians to create... life. He had such a knowledge of the Dark Side, he could even keep the ones he cared about... from dying. He became so powerful, the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew. Then, his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic, he could save others from death, but not himself.

I hope that helped, I heard it from a never-before-seen screening of The Phantom Menace. It's all there really is on Plagueis, besides Wookiepedia.

Darth Maliko
I agree Lieutenant. He would be a very interesting character to learn about indeed.

Lt. Valerian
Originally posted by Tangible God
Poor guy. His life was a tragedy ultimately. He was so powerful and so wise, he could influence the midichlorians to create... life. He had such a knowledge of the Dark Side, he could even keep the ones he cared about... from dying. He became so powerful, the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew. Then, his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic, he could save others from death, but not himself.

I hope that helped, I heard it from a never-before-seen screening of The Phantom Menace. It's all there really is on Plagueis, besides Wookiepedia.

Yeah, It's unfortunate that we know so very little about him. I mean, after all, he was Sidious' master, who wouldn't like to know more about him?

sweersa
Actually, a lot of things occurred in the Prequels that were not explained well. I guess we have to call them mysteries.

Atticus
do you think his influence over midicholrians had anything to do with his and sidious's power levels?

sweersa
Originally posted by Atticus
do you think his influence over midicholrians had anything to do with his and sidious's power levels?

I am not sure. It is very possible. Also, we are assuming he could even do what Palpatine said he could. It is possible Palpatine made up the part of the story to create live my manipulating midiclorians just to pull Anakin into his rule.

exanda kane
Poor guy. His life was a tragedy ultimately.

You miss the part where he is a Sith Lord?

Tangible God
Originally posted by exanda kane
You miss the part where he is a Sith Lord? A what Lord?

tauros
dart plague ar te best shit lord ever

Lt. Valerian
He must have been pretty powerful. Actually, there are some people who believe Anakin Skywalker was his deed.

Tangible God
You mean dad? Yeah, everyone suspects that. So much so that when asked about it, Lucas refused to state anything.

Gambler
Originally posted by exanda kane
You miss the part where he is a Sith Lord?

exanda kane, what movie is your signature pic from?

Lt. Valerian
Then he's not... right?

sweersa
You mean dad? Yeah, everyone suspects that. So much so that when asked about it, Lucas refused to state anything.

Deed is correct. Anakin can't be his dad. He means deed by he made Anakin! :-)

exanda kane
Originally posted by Gambler
exanda kane, what movie is your signature pic from?

Zulu.

A what Lord?

'Sis Mufassa in the Lion King. Don't worry, you're too young.

Darth Scythe
Didn't Del Rey scrap his book that was in the works?

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Darth Scythe
Didn't Del Rey scrap his book that was in the works?

Yup and I believe that book was replaced with Darth Bane: Rule of Two.

sweersa
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
Yup and I believe that book was replaced with Darth Bane: Rule of Two.

Yes, I remember that. Rule of Two was an amazing book. Almost as good as Path of Destruction IMO.

A Darth Plagueus book would be awesome.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by sweersa
A Darth Plagueus book would be awesome.

Personally he is one of the few characters that I want to remain a mystery.

tauros
Agreed. Some characters should have been a mystery, some of which have been revealed.

Lt. Valerian
Why would you want such an intriguing character to remain a mystery?

Tangible God
Because it is fun you know to have a character of such importance remain a mystery. It helps create a sense of intrigue and disconnection. It's not always good to have everything revealed. That way we can hypothesize and subject Plagueis to our fantasies instead of having him laid bare.

Darth Exodus
No, anyone with the potential to actually be more powerful than Sidious has just got to be elaborated on, don'tcha think?

sweersa
I sort of agree. Some mystery is good. Like why Obi-Wan told Luke Anakin said he could have it when Luke was old enough, and why Obi-Wan chose not to achknowledge the droids as he has been with them in the past.

lol just kidding!

truejedi
i would like if the darth bane series turned into a history of sorts of the sith line. Tell the whole story, from bane, to sidious, and elaborate on each Sith Lord. We have plenty of books about Jedi, why not do the ancient sith lords, we all would continue to buy them, just to find out what they say about them, so thats the end result they want right, money?

Gideon
Originally posted by truejedi
i would like if the darth bane series turned into a history of sorts of the sith line. Tell the whole story, from bane, to sidious, and elaborate on each Sith Lord. We have plenty of books about Jedi, why not do the ancient sith lords, we all would continue to buy them, just to find out what they say about them, so thats the end result they want right, money?

One would think that it would be difficult to derive unique personalities for each and every single Sith Lord. Karapshyn's not exactly a master of originality, either, given that Darth Revan was a sad attempt to combine Grand Admiral Thrawn and Anakin Skywalker, Malak was clearly a clone of Darth Vader. In KotOR II, the bullshit continued with that writing staff, since Traya is most decidedly an attempt to put a vagina on Sidious and set him/her in a different time period.

KotOR staff: come up with something original. Earn your money. This shit you spin is absurd.

ThoraxeRMG
Originally posted by Gideon
Darth Revan was a sad attempt to combine Grand Admiral Thrawn and Anakin Skywalker

Are you sure about that?

Gideon
Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
Are you sure about that?

Positive.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
Are you sure about that?

Revan was called the "heart of the force" very similar to being called the chosen one. He thought his fall to to the darkside was for a good cause like Anakin did. He was a skilled mechanic and racer as was Anakin. Revan redeemed himself like Anakin did. They both found romance that played a big role in their career. Revan war robes that covered him sort of like Vader's armor. He was a prodigy similar to Anakin. Both were young when they fell. He was the greatest tactician of the time like Thrawn and understood the art of war as did Thrawn. Both had high IQs. I could go on but I'm choosing not to.

Oh and Gideon what is your opinion on the kotor 2 staff creating Sion and Nihilus?

Gideon
Sion and Nihilus are both very unique and interesting characters, though I did notice an extreme similarity between Sion's relationship with Kreia and Vader's relationship with Palpatine; despite the fact that both of the apprentices wanted to overthrow and smash their masters, they also felt an extreme, twisted Oedipal affection and love for them. Sion was represented the emotionally frayed and twisted aspect of Vader (whereas Malak was the brutish and cruel aspect). Nihilus was certainly not awe-inspiring as a character, but as a force. He is the only one comparable to Palpatine during the later stages of Dark Empire where the Emperor is totally driven to insanity by his insatiable megalomania and thirst for greater power.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.