Stranger vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

norrinradd43
The Stranger vs Classic Thanos(no crazy powerup artifacts)...Thanos has 1 day prep.

guy222
Stranger

Dark-Jaxx
Stranger.

norrinradd43
I figured as much, Classic Thanos has owned Silver Surfer, knocked down Galactus, stood up to Tyrant, among other impressive feats...I figured he could give the Stranger somewhat of a headache...Could Stranger subdue him enough to take him back to Labworld with him?

Endless Mike
Thanos - Stranger jobs a lot

King Kandy
Thanos can win this. He can do at least as well as he did against Galactus, but i'm betting Stranger is actually weaker then Galactus to the point where he could pull off a win.

golem370
Here a Senario on how Thanos could possibly win He uses the blast that he used of Galactus then when Stranger stands up Thanos teleports himself behind Stranger hitting him again with the same blast if he kept that up for awhile I think he could win. I doubt Stranger is as durable as Galactus

psycho gundam
he could be more durable/powerful than galactus.

the stranger lies and jobs to create a false reality about himself, and he must be powerful to be asked to be the forth facet of the living tribunal.
(which he denied by the way)

golem370
It's hard to say who would win.

King Kandy
Stranger struggled to move the moon.

guy222
Stranger has faught the Watchers

norrinradd43
Originally posted by golem370
Here a Senario on how Thanos could possibly win He uses the blast that he used of Galactus then when Stranger stands up Thanos teleports himself behind Stranger hitting him again with the same blast if he kept that up for awhile I think he could win. I doubt Stranger is as durable as Galactus Stranger pulls the old intangible act if Thanos tried this tactic as he aways did against Surfer.

norrinradd43
Originally posted by guy222
Stranger has faught the Watchers When did this go down?

guy222
Morning

Hinted at in Beyond #6. I posted the scans awhile back. I'll take a look

Bad Ash231
Didn't Stranger struggle with the Silver Surfer?

llagrok
The sad thing is, the Stranger would probably lose.

celestialdemon
Written properly, Stranger wins in a stomp.

starlock
Stranger for the win

Mr Master
Originally posted by King Kandy

Stranger struggled to move the moon.
Yet,
with a gesture,
he teleported an entire Earth-like Planet from the Multiverse housing the New Universe,
into the Prime Multiverse.

That's a planetary scale feat transcending Two Multiverses.

Stranger stomps normal Thanos,
and if Thanos can't get uber power-ups, then his one day of prep is inconsequential.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Mr Master
Yet,
with a gesture,
he teleported an entire Earth-like Planet from the Multiverse housing the New Universe,
Hmm... I suppose we are at a quandary. Which one of those feats is PIS? Would you say his other showings lean more towards the moon-moving or planetary scales?

Mr Master

Hmm... I suppose we are at a quandary.

Which one of those feats is PIS?
Would you say his other showings lean more towards the moon-moving
or planetary scales?
The Stranger's depictions fluctuate,
and he doesn't have many showings to begin with, good or bad.
But he is a member of the Cosmic Hierarchy, which speaks volumes.

Let me turn some pages, cause I haven't ventured into the Stranger's world in a while,
my recollection of his history is a bit foggy, don't wanna make unintentional false claims.

janus77
Surfer solos both! shifty

King Kandy
Also he needed a bomb to wipe out life on Earth.

guy222
He took a blast from the Inifnity Union

In the Avengers issue, it was the most powerful weapon in the multiverse

norrinradd43
The Stranger's only weakness is Iceman apparently...

by implication: Iceman>infinity union eek!

guy222
big grin

Mr. Slippyfist
Stranger teleported a planet away. All other feats are pis, and Stranger either teleports Thanos away, or his teleportation powers equate into his overall power... which means Stranger is multiversal, and beats Galactus.

Other than that... Thanos, handily.

The Great Galen
This is s a joke right, Stranger blinks him away 100/10...then brings Thanos back to get killed by Drax again heh.

norrinradd43
Also he needed a bomb to wipe out life on Earth. There was an element of bad writing in the original Silver Surfer series...I mean he battled Frankenstein in one issue and aliens in a flying saucer in the next...Although the early Mephisto stories were pretty damn good, and the Stranger one was too except for the Null-Life bomb...good story dumb bomb. Stranger didnt need it. It was the late 60's so LSD may have been a factor in the writing. smokin'

leonidas
stranger is tough to figure. his showings are really inconsistent. i could actually see this going either way, and EITHER could conceiveably stomp the other. that's . . . odd. blink

thanos strikes me as being a lot more clever than stranger as well. that could help him.

hrmph. mhmm

norrinradd43
There are few greater minds when it comes to schemes in Marvel than Thanos...But I think he is just outclassed when it comes to Stranger. Stranger could go toe to toe with most cosmics (Galactus, Celestials, ect...) I dont think pruneface can hang with the old man. Stranger did battle the Watchers alone and it was implied that it was a tough battle...It took all the celestials to fight the Watchers.

guy222
How many Watchers he faught, we'll never know. He did survive

Exitar had the power to exterminate the entire Watcher race. Arishem, Jemiah and a few others were there

Remember, good friend when the Monolith Gatherer arrived, Uatu seemed powerless

We agree, Thanos loses

Mr Marvel
Originally posted by norrinradd43
There are few greater minds when it comes to schemes in Marvel than Thanos...But I think he is just outclassed when it comes to Stranger.

PLEEEAASE PROVE THIS!!!! eek!

What has Stranger done that even comes close to taking over the universe at least 2 times?

Thanos out witted the Grandmaster!!! Happy Dance

Stranger had trouble with a team of X-men, what could he do to the greatest schemer in comics.

norrinradd43
I would like to see his fight with the watchers go more in depth.

llagrok
Originally posted by Mr Marvel

What has Stranger done that even comes close to taking over the universe at least 2 times?

Thanos out witted the Grandmaster!!! Happy Dance

Stranger had trouble with a team of X-men, what could he do to the greatest schemer in comics.

Stranger could just call the NYPD.

quanchi112
Originally posted by llagrok
Stranger could just call the NYPD. That isnt canon.

norrinradd43

IF he had the Gautlet or HOTU, he would be able to.

Mr Marvel
Originally posted by norrinradd43

IF he had the Gautlet or HOTU, he would be able to.

That goes towards his mentality as a Mad Super Genius & Unparalleled Schemer, there are several artifacts that exist within the Multiverse that could potentially be used to defeat/destroy the Stranger.

guy222
Thanos without power ups isn't goin to defeat a Skyfather or above character. Its that simple

Starlin's Thanos with the HOTI was his ultimate achievement

He's finally with Death. Who knows if Marvel brings him back. IMO, if DS goes over well with the DC faithful, Thanos will return

Galan007

Nihilist
stranger

Galan007
Yet,
with a gesture,

That's a planetary scale feat transcending Two Multiverses.

Stranger stomps normal Thanos,
and if Thanos can't get uber power-ups, then his one day of prep is inconsequential. Stranger also threw Battleworld back together, easily:

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/1866/stranger1hv2.th.jpg

----

There's also this little tid-bit...

-Stranger, to Uatu-

"I've power enough to defeat them and you. You know I speak the Truth!"

"Must I once again battle the Watchers?":

http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/8939/stranger2fu5.th.jpg

Mr Master
Originally posted by Galan007

There's also this little tid-bit...

-Stranger, to Uatu-

"I've power enough to defeat them and you. You know I speak the Truth!"

"Must I once again battle the Watchers?":

http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/8939/stranger2fu5.th.jpg
Nice find G, that detail evaded me,
this speaks volumes about the Stranger.

Strange isn't part of the cosmic hierarchy for nothing. thumb up

Galan007
Nice find G, that detail evaded me,
this speaks volumes about the Stranger.

Strange isn't part of the cosmic hierarchy for nothing. thumb up He wasn't offered a spot on LT's head for nothing. stick out tongue

norrinradd43
Thanos without power ups isn't goin to defeat a Skyfather or above character. Its that simple

Starlin's Thanos with the HOTI was his ultimate achievement

He's finally with Death. Who knows if Marvel brings him back. IMO, if DS goes over well with the DC faithful, Thanos will return Well put Guy...you have been a more agressive poster lately, whats going on lol?

draxx_tOfU
it also took both Adam Warlock and the Gardener with their respective soul gems to defeat the Stranger...

but...

i'm still leaning on Thanos...

slightly...

guy222
Hey buddy

U made a good point in a previous thread thumb up

Hey Norrin. The old guy knows a lil bout comics big grin

Remember when we discussed Stranger battling the Watchers. Very powerful, yet enigmatic character

draxx_tOfU
have a good night guy...

guy222
U too good friend

norrinradd43
Hey buddy

U made a good point in a previous thread thumb up

Hey Norrin. The old guy knows a lil bout comics big grin

Remember when we discussed Stranger battling the Watchers. Very powerful, yet enigmatic character Which point, about mephisto?

guy222
Evening buddy

Yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.