The Things They Carried

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blax_Hydralisk
The Things They Carried, by Tim O'brian, is a part fiction, part non-fiction series of related short storie depicting his and others experiences in the Vietnam War. It isn't his first book that talks about it, actually the only thing he really ever writes about is the Vietnam War, but it is imo his best. It's actually the best 'Nam book I've ever read. Tim O'Brian has a very interesting, and very powerful way of telling stories imo. I'd recommend it to anyone who just likes to, ya know, read. It can be kind of sad, (Last chapter almost made me cry... almost. Real manly men like myself don't cry. >.> ) because it's real. Some of the events are deliberately over-dramatized or not completely explained in order to make a point, but all of the characters are real, and everything that happens to them is real, so it can be kind of sad to read.

If you get the chance, check it out, you know?

Aside from that, anyone else read this? Opinions?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.