Favorite Jedi, Sith, and Non-Force-User

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Maliko
Who was your favorite Jedi, Sith, and non-Force-user?

Mine are:

Jedi: Mace Windu

Sith: Darth Bane

Non-Force-User: Boba Fett

Faunus
Boba Fett -> Karen Traviss. Ugh.

Jedi: Mace Windu / Obi-Wan Kenobi / Luke Skywalker
Sith: Darth Bane / Darth Vader
Non-Force-User: R2-D2

Noobrais
Jedi: Farfalla
Sith: Bane
Jedi/Sith: Ulic
Non-Force-User: Bomo Greenbark

Lord Knightfa11
wow. not even trying to cloak your identity anymore eh, noobaris?

Lord Knightfa11
jedi=Zayne Carick
Sith=The Exile (i dont give a @#%# if she was supposed to be lightside)
non force user=Grand admiral Thrawn

Elite Hunter
I like the spelling Nebaris not doubt after DarthSith's typo.

Darth Maliko
Admiral Thrawn would be my second choice for non-Force-user.

xxxpoppunker182
Jedi= revan/luke/ obi-wan
Sith=Vader(the original)
Non= Canderous ordo/N-11 Ordo

Lord Knightfa11
Originally posted by Darth Maliko
Admiral Thrawn would be my second choice for non-Force-user.

thrawn is really the type of leader i could follow. He wont choke you to death if you breach protocol.
minion-"im sorry if i spoke out of turn"
thrawn-"im not palpatine..."

Blue_Hefner
Jedi: Mace Windu
Sith: Freedon Nadd
NFU: Padme

Tangible God
Jedi: Mace (at least he had the gusto to kill an unarmed opponent when it was required)
Sith: Vader (c'mon, the original Star Wars badass many of us grew up with)
Thrawn: (brilliant, rewards creative innovation)

Captain REX
Putting Revan or the Exile as your favorite anything is a farce, really...

Jedi: Obi-Wan Kenobi, the epitome of a Jedi Knight and the first Jedi we meet
Sith: Darth Vader, for the same reasons as TG
Non-Force: Han Solo, because he shot first

jedi-sith-force
Jedi: Revan as Light Side. Shut the **** off with Revan he is one of the few who turned away form darkness / Obi-Wan
Sith: Revan dark side, Traya; explained in another thread why
NFU: none

MadMel
jedi - yoda/obi 1
sith - vader
non - R2D2/Han solo

skywalker833
Jedi: Obi-Wan- because he is the perfect jedi
Sith:Bane- because he kicks a$$ and his books rock.
NFU: Jar Jar Binks- because he is stupid and funny.

Captain REX
Originally posted by jedi-sith-force
Jedi: Revan as Light Side. Shut the **** off with Revan he is one of the few who turned away form darkness / Obi-Wan
NFU: none

Watch the language, and I find Revan to be inexorably boring. People don't come to love characters simply through their actions, but actions are all Revan has to go off of. He doesn't have any character development other than his name and what he is; we don't know his personality or real opinions on anything because all of his personality and opinions belong to the player controlling him.

I believe Ush has called it a new form of narcissism.

jedi-sith-force
Originally posted by Captain REX
Watch the language, and I find Revan to be inexorably boring. People don't come to love characters simply through their actions, but actions are all Revan has to go off of. He doesn't have any character development other than his name and what he is; we don't know his personality or real opinions on anything because all of his personality and opinions belong to the player controlling him.

I believe Ush has called it a new form of narcissism.

You can change the way he speaks, his decisions, or how light or dark he is; but him being a jedi knight after the reign as a dark lord is canon
and i've played with jaden, kyle and exile too
though in kotor 2 you can rich a higher level with more powers and the same thing with light and these things i like him more than the exile
boring? you wanted to play with 4 main characters to not get bored?:-|
we've seen him only in a game not in 6 movies or in dozens of books like luke, anakin, bane (still in 2 books it's revealed almost everything to know about him)
you maybe like vader or luke... your decision though i'm not seeing something special at them like you're doing with revan
after all... peace wink

caedusrulesall
I'm going against the grain with my choices here (as per my pro-EU bias), so here goes!

Jedi: NJO Luke
Sith: Darth Caedus
Non-Force user: HK-47

HOW COULD YOU PEOPLE FORGET HK-47?!

Sidi-Boy
Jedi: Obi-Wan Kenobi, simply because he was the ideal Jedi; but he still maintained a sense of humor and a likeable persona.
Sith: Darth Sidious. The ultimate incarnation of evil.
Non-Force User:Boba Fett. Because he's just badass.

Tangible God
NFU: none Did you just say "shut the f*ck off?" Isn't it "shut the f*ck up?"

Captain REX
You can change the way he speaks, his decisions, or how light or dark he is; but him being a jedi knight after the reign as a dark lord is canon
and i've played with jaden, kyle and exile too
though in kotor 2 you can rich a higher level with more powers and the same thing with light and these things i like him more than the exile
boring? you wanted to play with 4 main characters to not get bored?:-|
we've seen him only in a game not in 6 movies or in dozens of books like luke, anakin, bane (still in 2 books it's revealed almost everything to know about him)
you maybe like vader or luke... your decision though i'm not seeing something special at them like you're doing with revan
after all... peace wink

I didn't mean that KOTOR was boring, it is plenty of fun to play through! And yes, I realize that the Light Side ending is consider canon as far as the Expanded Universe goes.

My point was just that Revan really has no character, pun intended. People remember Vader not only for his actions, but for how he acted and what he said and so on. Revan doesn't have that.

Lord Knightfa11
for that, the exile has no character either. no character where you can change his reactions and actions in a video game has any character, by that logic.

Rampant ox
Jedi: Count Dooku
http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/7792/favedook1ls8.jpg

Sith: Darth Tyranus
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/8417/condedooku1nq4.jpg

Non-Force User: Grand Moff Tarkin
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/4941/129902758grandmofftarkin2ym5.jpg

Lord Knightfa11
wow, dont blame you for liking dooku and tyrranus, but obviously, you have a thing for geezerz (rofl)

Rampant ox
Meh, Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee are old school. Easily the two best actors in the saga. I enjoy watching their performances upstage those around them (Dooku more so than Tarkin, for obvious reasons).

Lord Knightfa11
i would have said that james earl jones, harrison ford, and Christopher lee were the three best actors in the saga, (in order of least to greatest).

Rampant ox
James Earl Jones hardly acted. His voice over was superb, no doubts about it, but actualy physically performing in front of a camera is a different thing entirely.

Harrison Ford was good. Definatly one of the best in the OT, but I wouldn't rank him in the top three.

1. Christopher Lee.
2. Peter Cushig
3. Ian McDiarmid
4. Liam Neeson
5. Harrison Ford

Lord Knightfa11
i guess so yea, except i havent heard of 2&3 except for in star wars.

Lt. Valerian
Hmm... Jedi I think I'm going with Mace Windu. Sith, Darth Sidious, undoubtedly.

Non-Force users Durge, General Grievous and Han Solo.

Captain REX
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
for that, the exile has no character either. no character where you can change his reactions and actions in a video game has any character, by that logic.

My point exactly.

jedi-sith-force
Originally posted by Tangible God
Did you just say "shut the f*ck off?" Isn't it "shut the f*ck up?"
whatever

Darth Exodus
Jedi: Erm........... Bastila (lack of opposition)
Sith: Revan/ Bane- revan has got a character, you just need to look for it.
NFU: HK-47- just f*uckin' hilarious.

jedi-sith-force
well, then let's hope for a novel to show us his opinions, his way of speaking and anything else you can see

UltimateStryfe
Jedi- Quinlan Vos
Sith- Darth Maul
doesn't need the force- Boba Fett

UltimateStryfe
second choice:

Jedi- Mace
Sith- Darth Vader RotS
nfu- Jaing Skirata

Lt. Valerian
Originally posted by Darth Exodus
NFU: HK-47- just f*uckin' hilarious.

Yeah, I loved HK-47, one of my favorites as well. Actually, he's probably one of the reasons why I have played KOTOR more than five times.

exanda kane
Originally posted by Rampant ox
James Earl Jones hardly acted. His voice over was superb, no doubts about it, but actualy physically performing in front of a camera is a different thing entirely.

Harrison Ford was good. Definatly one of the best in the OT, but I wouldn't rank him in the top three.

1. Christopher Lee.
2. Peter Cushig
3. Ian McDiarmid
4. Liam Neeson
5. Harrison Ford

No, you got it all wrong there.

As hard as it is to place actors in any numerical superiorty over each other, the throne really goes to Sir Alec Guinness, even you can't begrudge him that. No one can match the gravitas of such a great actor as that, and I'm sure Lee and Cushing, while modest men in their field and about their work, would acknowledge that. Doctor Zhivago, Bridge on the River Kwai, Lawrence of Arabia, Kind Hearts and Coronets, The Ladykillers, Passage To India and my personal favourite, The Quiller Memorandum. I am not just listing them as the films he has appeared in (which were all great) but his performances in them. Top of his field.

Christopher Lee is up there, as is Peter Cushing, although both had there best work elsewhere, and to that I would also give Cushing the edge. Cushing had some great roles in his time which, I have to say, were alot more diverse than Lee's. His role as Winston Smith in the original adaptation of 1984 is phenominal.

McDiarmid doesn't deserve a say in the matter in my opinion, while he hit the right notes occasionally, some of it was just awful and cringeworthy: I didn't know whether to laugh or not in Revenge of the Sith. True, you can't deny Palpatine is sinister, but there is a line that is crossed when the character just becomes pantomime.

Liam Neeson is a fine actor, and it is a role well built for him. But his impression, while strong, isn't lasting. It is a shame because I enjoyed the character for what it's worth. Same could be said of McGregor, but to a much lesser degree; he is a fine, fine actor (Shallow Grave anyone?) but the character is so diluted that there isn't anything left for him to play with. They try and give Obi-Wan the cocky lines that, if Solo had been present, would have been dished to him. Sadly, it doesn't work.

Harrison Ford is a completely different kettle of fish to the others, so much so that they are incomparable. His presence and delivery make movies, literally, into franchises, but he does not have the gravitas nor the finesse of the more classically trained. He is an American actor, an embodiment of alot of things which allow American cinema to develop outside of the snobbish Theatrical circles that hindered a true British cinema. I rate him highly as a leading man for a certain kind of film, and I love the films he has appeared in, but he can be considered limited in some ways.

As for the rest (I know I've gone off on one), I'd say Han Solo is my favourite character in the entire saga, thus being my favourite everyman devoid of that ridiculous Force malarkey. Obi-Wan is my favourite Jedi, possibly because of his role within the Skywalker story (Quite tragic in some ways, but not too much so; no need for Lucas to feel too pleased with himself) and the actors who portrayed him. As for favourite Sithy-thingme, I'll go with Vader. Mainly for this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6A0rwG39Jzk

Tangible God
^ Good summary.

Lt. Valerian
Originally posted by exanda kane
I'll go with Vader. Mainly for this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6A0rwG39Jzk

Yes, I've seen this, it's truly hilarious.

Captain REX
I completely agree with every word, Exanda. Well said.

Lord Knightfa11
aye, i had forgotten about alek guinnes. he was in star wars, wasn't he? Even though he fought like a 90 yearold compared to christopher lee.

Rampant ox
Because Christopher Lee is the shizz.

Lord Knightfa11
o yea

exanda kane
Because he had a sunt double and alot of CGI.

Lord Knightfa11
ssshhh! anything else you want to ruin for me?

Rampant ox
No matter, its rumoured that during his distinguished career Christopher Lee has been in more sword fights than any other actor. Quite impressive if I do say so myself.

exanda kane
Aye, that's impressive as it stands.

MadMel
indeed yes
Christopher Lee ftw!

truejedi
Jedi- Yoda:
Sith- Maul: probably because we don't have to listen to him prattle on about his own power... to be honest, i don't like sith.
Non- Padme's hot, but Fett is just cool. Thrawn's a genius. So yeah, those three.

Lord Knightfa11
wasn't he the six fingered man in the princess bride too? do magic fights count cause christopher lee was saruman.

Kapton JAC
Jedi - Obi Wan or Jolee Bindo
Sith - Darth Revan
Non - Carth Onassi

Lord Knightfa11
i liked your halo 3 sig better, jac, it was cool. I grab the bomb, i take it to the other side, and it blows up and kills us all. WTF kinda game is that?

Elite Hunter
i liked your halo 3 sig better, jac, it was cool. I grab the bomb, i take it to the other side, and it blows up and kills us all. WTF kinda game is that?

Griffball?

Lord Knightfa11
yea. I only played the original halo, and unreal tournament 2004 and they have a basketball like bomb based game, so i know what he is talking about. His new one isn't as cool...

Elite Hunter
RA was a good game though. Hopefully Halowars will be as good.

Lord Knightfa11
What was RA?

Are they coming up with another halo game? i think they are just overmilking a good success by now if they are.

Elite Hunter
What was RA?

Are they coming up with another halo game? i think they are just overmilking a good success by now if they are.

RA=Red Alert the game in the sig. and they are coming out with the halo RTS halowars and another game is being made by Peter Jackson's new game studio as part of a deal with microsoft.

Lord Knightfa11
nice. any word on what the peter jackson game is?

Elite Hunter
nice. any word on what the peter jackson game is?

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Halo:_Chronicles

Lord Knightfa11
why? its a really good fps, but thats all it is. it doesnt have a good story. They are milking a success for more cash. wait a minute, im on teh star wars forum. you guys know all about that... lol.

Atticus
sucks to be peter jackson

Lord Knightfa11
yea he makes disgusting movies with gross creatures. its just slimy.

Elite Hunter
why? its a really good fps, but thats all it is. it doesnt have a good story. They are milking a success for more cash. wait a minute, im on teh star wars forum. you guys know all about that... lol.

Well Halo originally did start being an RTS so it doesn't surprise that they would want to go back to their original idea.

Lord Knightfa11
hmm. good thing they went to fps, its probably the most popular videogame worldwide aside from mario.

Darth Maliko
Its amazing how much a thread can evolve in only a few days.

exanda kane
Peter Jackson sucks?

Tangible God
The cigarettes do, apparently.

Darth Raizen
Jedi - Obi Wan Kenobi

Sith - Darth Nihilus

Non Force User - Dash Rendar

En Sabah Nur X
Jedi, Sith, and Non-Force-User

Obi, Vader, Jango Fett

Vorpal Ruin
mmm
Jedi: Corran Horn
Sith: Kas'im
NFU: Tycho or Wedge probably

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.