Can't sleep and have found something of interest in LoE

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Happy_Sith
Dooku's thoughts on allowing ventress to fill herself with anger as substitute for dispassion.

"Sidious had once confessed that he had erred similarly in his training of Darth Maul."

Nice touch I thought. I have always found the 'more angry = more powerful' fan doctrine to be utter tripe.

I'm not sure how the Darth Maul fans will feel, but it has pleased me no end.

Lord Knightfa11
quote from somewhere, its cannon, i just pulled it out of the rusty vault of my mind and spat it on the keyboard, so i dont remember where it came from. I think it was a comic: "It is well known that the darkside lends power " notice the word "lends"? I suppose that the darkside doesnt let you keep this power.

Happy_Sith
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
quote from somewhere, its cannon, i just pulled it out of the rusty vault of my mind and spat it on the keyboard, so i dont remember where it came from. I think it was a comic: "It is well known that the darkside lends power " notice the word "lends"? I suppose that the darkside doesnt let you keep this power.

Dooku seemed to believe that there was no "darkside" and "lightside" - not in the way the jedi believed at any rate.

What a sensible character Dooku was.

I would have kept him.

Sesse
Best techniques and beliefs are passed on by survivors.

Happy_Sith
Originally posted by Sesse
Best techniques and beliefs are passed on by survivors.

Not always.

There are many exceptions.

What if one is to die in an accident by chance?

It happens all the time and nature does not discriminate.

Captain REX
Originally posted by Happy_Sith
Dooku seemed to believe that there was no "darkside" and "lightside" - not in the way the jedi believed at any rate.

What a sensible character Dooku was.

I would have kept him.

Poppycock. Dooku was a Sith Lord who obviously made use of the Dark Side for power. The Potentium theory does not stand in the movies.

Happy_Sith
Originally posted by Captain REX
Poppycock. Dooku was a Sith Lord who obviously made use of the Dark Side for power. The Potentium theory does not stand in the movies.

Screw the movies.

The idea that something has an absolute "bad" side and an absolute "good" side is preposterous.

I'd expect the likes of Skywalker to buy into it, but if Dooku scoffed at it then there is no surprise.

Captain REX
Screw the movies.

That line pretty much loses you all credibility in discussing Star Wars. ermm

The absolute "bad" side and the absolute "good" side are kind of the point of the films, and of Star Wars. Lucas intentionally designed it that way.

Happy_Sith
That line pretty much loses you all credibility in discussing Star Wars. ermm

The absolute "bad" side and the absolute "good" side are kind of the point of the films, and of Star Wars. Lucas intentionally designed it that way.

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

Lucas also intended the movies for under twelves (Ewoks beating the Empire?) and yet there seem to be a few adult fans.

As I say, screw Lucas and screw his idea.

I reserve the right to interpret his work in whatever way I wish.

Captain REX
According to the rules set out for the Star Wars sections here on KMC, you really don't have any right to do such a thing. Unless you are secretly George Lucas in disguise and have changed your mind on what means what in Star Wars, then you really don't have a say on what is what.

And he did not write the movies solely for children. The Empire Strikes Back is hardly intended for young children.

There are two very distinctly defined sides to Star Wars: Good and Bad. The Light Side, the Jedi, the Rebels, versus the Dark Side, the Empire, the Sith. There are no areas of moral grays where people ride the fine line between the two extremes. That only shows up with the Potentium theory during the New Jedi Order books, and even then it is considered a heretical theory.

Happy_Sith
There are no areas of moral grays where people ride the fine line between the two extremes.

Which does not tell you that the movies are intended purely for children?

And please, try to stay on topic.

I will not engage with spammers.

Captain REX
So you're saying that, because Star Wars lacks any moral gray, that is what makes it a children's flick?

I'm not spamming at all. I am simply correcting you, because you were obviously ignorant of what is considered acceptable here.

Happy_Sith
So you're saying that, because Star Wars lacks any moral gray, it is a children's flick?

Bingo.

Captain REX
That's not what makes it a children's film. Not by a long shot.

Happy_Sith
That's not what makes it a children's film. Not by a long shot.

If moral absolutes are not enough along with Ewoks beating the Empire, how about the fact that it is pure science fantasy as opposed to hard science fiction?

Let me guess. You are going to disagree?

Eventually lock the thread?

This is why mod's should not get involved in these threads.

I think that it is bed time for me.

Captain REX
If you take the approach of 'insulting the moderator' then it will be locked, yes. Moderators are people too and we can discuss whatever the hell we feel like.

I don't disagree with the fact that it is science fantasy in the least. It was the moral gray I was more concerned with.

Gideon
Really, there's no need to insult REX. He's my apprentice.

truejedi
Bingo.

The matrix lacks loyal greys, is it for children?
Equilibrium? for children?
LOTR trilogy? clearly made for children?
thats a ridiculous statement, sorry but it is.

Tangible God
If moral absolutes are not enough along with Ewoks beating the Empire, how about the fact that it is pure science fantasy as opposed to hard science fiction?

Let me guess. You are going to disagree?

Eventually lock the thread?

This is why mod's should not get involved in these threads.

I think that it is bed time for me. The lack of a moral grey is intended for the child so long as the viewer has the capacity of one. You seem to be under the impression that if a piece of work focuses on the extremes, thereby denying the possibility of interpretation (a VERY adult thing apparently), then it is only meant for the children. How many pieces of fiction, or not, have had definitive black and white? A lot. And a lot of them include very unchildlike themes; war, murder, sex etc.

Is it so impossible to accept that an adult film can be morally inflexible? Only someone with a child's emotional state would answer "yes."

Happy_Sith
If my thread continues off topic in this manner I will cease being a happy sith.

I am now a disgruntled sith!

To your questions;

I do not watch other movies. I was put off after going to the cinema to see the second matrix flick. It was awful! The fight scenes were OTT and I found myself constantly looking at my watch through the film.

Very poor work.

Gideon;

Kind regards.

I suggest that you teach your apprentice some manners.

Now, down to business.

From these words forward this thread will be a discussion about Darth Maul and Count Dooku.

Failure to comply will force me to abandon this thread completely.

You have been warned.

Captain REX
I think you're rather a very poor judge of movies, especially if you really just don't watch other movies. That makes you an unreliable source, so your opinions and criticism have little value...

As for my manners, one more crack at me and you'll find yourself with an official warning. You started the thread down this topic, it's your own doing.

Tangible God
If my thread continues off topic in this manner I will cease being a happy sith.

I am now a disgruntled sith!

To your questions;

I do not watch other movies. I was put off after going to the cinema to see the second matrix flick. It was awful! The fight scenes were OTT and I found myself constantly looking at my watch through the film.

Very poor work.

Gideon;

Kind regards.

I suggest that you teach your apprentice some manners.

Now, down to business.

From these words forward this thread will be a discussion about Darth Maul and Count Dooku.

Failure to comply will force me to abandon this thread completely.

You have been warned. Wow. I think we all know a certain twelve year old who needs his nap. We'll run The Usual Suspects on the big screen next to his cot with the repeating words "Be a Happy, more open-minded Sith from now on, or Keyser Soze will come and get ya."

Lord Knightfa11
Unless you are secretly George Lucas in disguise and have changed your mind on what means what in Star Wars, then you really don't have a say on what is what.

Me: No, Luke, I am George Lucas. And i say that star wars is not for children, but for losers lacking a life to debate upon in forums...

Nobaris and Darth Sexy in unison: OMG! It GEORGE LUCAS!!!!

Happy_Sith
I think you're rather a very poor judge of movies, especially if you really just don't watch other movies. That makes you an unreliable source, so your opinions and criticism have little value...

As for my manners, one more crack at me and you'll find yourself with an official warning. You started the thread down this topic, it's your own doing.

Want to be friends?

It will make you uber cool.

Captain REX
I usually have to like the people I befriend, sorry.

As now even the thread-starter is de-railing the topic, I will close this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.