Jack Hawksmoor vs "The Cloverfield"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

superchron
Same scenario as the movie except Jack shows up to try to fight it. Can the King of Cities do it?

psycho gundam
can't he just swallow it all up in the city it's in?

DigiMark007
Depends on how ornery the writer wants to be toward making it a good fight. Occasionally Jack goes MIA when cities suffer massive trauma...but it's always on a greater scale than anything the lizard could do.

So anyway, he wins without much trouble.

superchron
Really? I thought it would be a better fight?

DigiMark007
It's generally hard to have comic characters fight movie characters. Comics are generally on an entirely different level than movies/games/etc. ...at least at the higher levels. Cloverfield didn't do anything that, say, Iron Man couldn't counter. And Jack's a legit low-to-mid herald level in a large city.

superchron
Right, but isnt there something about how Jack "feels a cities pain". And the Cloverfield did cause a lot of collateral damage

applelips
one big prob with the movie that really applies is the movie doesnt really show the monster a lot plus we arnt really shown what its all about besides that it eats people and destroys stuff for all we know its invincable. there is no way to tell who would win.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by superchron
Right, but isnt there something about how Jack "feels a cities pain". And the Cloverfield did cause a lot of collateral damage

Well yeah I mentioned that, but it's never impeded his ability to kick ass. The only instance I know of where he was knocked out by it was against an opponent that was taking on the entire Authority and doing well.

xmarksthespot
Jack could simply swallow the monster halfway and then cut it in half by solidifying the city.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Jack could simply swallow the monster halfway and then cut it in half by solidifying the city.

That can be even more funny if you have some power lines connected to the monster and then send the amouth of electricity powering the entire city on wet monster's ass at once. Those who have read second issue of Jack's LS get what I mean...that's only the way to make it more sadistic.

Jack, 10\10

guy222
Jack

Endrict Nuul
kcaj

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.