Wii Fit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpikeSpiegel
I go to the gym about 3 times a week, and work out at home every day, but I thought I'd give this a try. Make working out more fun, etc. So far I'm enjoying it, except for a few problems (such as BMI not being a good indicator of fitness for people who are muscular, and it measuring your "fitness age" by how well you can balance). I'm aiming to play for 30 mins - an hour every day, and I'm pleased to report that I am physically fit big grin

Anyone else picked this up yet?

jaden101
the sentiment behind it is good....the games industry has long been accused of helping cause obesity and this goes a little way to addressing the balance...but personally i think it's a token gesture and wont actually help anybody

cant see the "fun" in it myself...but then i'd rather go around killing people with guns in my games smile

Yoshi Paradise
I would get this game if I had a Wii.

Unfortunately, I don't.

Ushgarak
Yup, very good. With obvious shortcomings as Spike mentiond above, but so long as you are willing to put the effort in, then great stuff.

@st
Im getting this for my mother since it comes out around mothers day, I'll probably check it out once I do.

Peach
Not out here for another month stick out tongue

Though, sheesh, if it measures things by how well you can balance...I am screwed.

Ushgarak
How are you on one leg?

T.M
It is sold out everywhere here.

Captain REX
Brilliant move by Nintendo, I think.

@st
I picked it up today. I did the hula hoop and some jogging, then a yoga pose. My BMI was normal and right at the "healthy" score, but my WiiFit age which it got from checking my balance was 37(im 23), it said im much weaker than I should be. roll eyes (sarcastic)

FlappingMangera
It seems like a great piece of technology, given the shortcomings mentioned. I heard the best part is the trainer telling you what to do, and I sometimes need that when I work out. If I can find it I'll probably get it. Odds are the retirement communities are already scooping up all them, what with old people waking up at 5 in the morning and easily beating normal people to stores.

Phucked Up
Just got it, will post review later.

Phucked Up
Here's a quick review...

I'm obese according to the game, gonna see if I can get down to "regular" overweight with the game in the next 3 months.

I've only done 23 minutes with it so far since I'm not used to exercising. I'm sweating like a pig right now, as if I just had a 2 hour sex session.

The games are really fun and keep you interested in what you're doing, unlike regular exercising. There's a nice variety to the game as well. Lots still left to unlock.

First impressions of the game are really positive. I'd give it an 8 out of 10.

Oh, and @st, your Mii was cheering me on in most of the mini-games, made me giggle. stick out tongue

appleptree
Now it is quite difficult to find it, most stores are out of stock, I have visited the buy.com. amazon, and bestbuy, they are all out of stock. It is great game, I saw others play it.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I can't see the appeal of standing on a stupid board, staring at a TV screen, and running on the spot. It would drive me nuts.

Good exercise is a form of meditation. I can't see how you'd get it from this. Still, if it gets the fatties doing some, it's all good.

Originally posted by Phucked Up
I've only done 23 minutes with it so far since I'm not used to exercising. I'm sweating like a pig right now, as if I just had a 2 hour sex session.

It's unlikely that you would know what "a 2 hour sex session" would feel like seeing as you've admitted to being fat and "not used to exercising".

Unless you mean a 2-hour wankathon, of course...

@st
Originally posted by Phucked Up
Oh, and @st, your Mii was cheering me on in most of the mini-games, made me giggle. stick out tongue

Creepy. laughing out loud

I was playing on the family Wii, so I didnt have any friends cheering for me. I dont have enough to space in my bedroom to play on my Wii. sad

General Kaliero
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
I can't see the appeal of standing on a stupid board, staring at a TV screen, and running on the spot. It would drive me nuts.

Good exercise is a form of meditation. I can't see how you'd get it from this. Still, if it gets the fatties doing some, it's all good.

It's unlikely that you would know what "a 2 hour sex session" would feel like seeing as you've admitted to being fat and "not used to exercising".

Unless you mean a 2-hour wankathon, of course...
...Was there a reason for that? Don't be a troll, dude, come on. Stop that.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by General Kaliero
...Was there a reason for that? Don't be a troll, dude, come on. Stop that.

Just questioning the validity of the analogy...

I'm a seeker of truths, you see.

Phucked Up
Originally posted by @st
Creepy. laughing out loud

I was playing on the family Wii, so I didnt have any friends cheering for me. I dont have enough to space in my bedroom to play on my Wii. sad

Yeah, we had to move the Wii from the bedroom to the living room just to play.

Ushgarak
Originally posted by @st
I picked it up today. I did the hula hoop and some jogging, then a yoga pose. My BMI was normal and right at the "healthy" score, but my WiiFit age which it got from checking my balance was 37(im 23), it said im much weaker than I should be. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yeah, honestly, forget the Wii Age0 just skip checking it entirely (go out the body test when it asks if you want to stop early). it bears no relation to anything useful; you can do great on the age but be highly unfit and rubbish at all the exercises.

The Fit Age is the weakest part of the package. The other problem is how easy it is to 'cheat' the system, which is an issue for people interested in scoring well.

To put that in context- all other things being equal, a high score in an exercise is better than a low one as it shows you aer being stable. But the fact is that it is possible- in fact, very easy- to get high scores in all the exercises whilst not actually doing the activity even remotely correctly. Some of my highest scores in the harder exercises (like King of the Dance) were whilst I was trying to get the position right and is basically just me standing on one leg. Now I can HALF get it right, my scores have plummeted (because obviously, I am much less steady whilst trying to hold a foot behind my head than I was when just standing on one leg) but I am far closer to actually doing the exercise.

You;ve got to be unafraid to take a cut in points in order to do things right and therefore actually exercise yourself, and I worry some might not do that and will think they are doing great just because they are scoring well.

candy79
Happy Dance

Someone has a Wii Fit?
What do you think about make sports with it?
It is a good trainer?

Ushgarak
It's actually not at all bad but, as ever, you only get into it what you put in. Its scoring system is iffy and easily cheated, so you have to stick to the spirit of wanting to get fitter.

So it's a good and convenient motivator with some amusing mini-games built in. I use it regularly. But it's not a miracle machine.

Darth Vicious
Is it intended mainly for women?

Morridini
I actualy think it is

Also here's the Wii Fit thread: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=482840

Peach
Merged threads.

And it's intended for anyone but it does sell more to women, I think.

I actually do kind of want to pick it up myself but 1) it's a lot of money and 2) it's been out nearly a year and it's still constantly sold out.

Darth Vicious
I was thinking the same. They had it on sale recently for $69. and I missed the damn sale. They sell quickly.

jalek moye
At the store i work at we put a sign out front that says we have them whenever we get a new shipment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.