Best actor to play in Star Trek

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bardock42
Who do you think is the best or who is your favourite actor (including their whole careers) to play regular parts on Star Trek?

Obviously, Shatner doesn't count, cause he defined cool and his name sounds like he pooped himself in the past.

Go!

Badabing
DeForest Kelly, Levar Burton, Robert Picardo, Kate Mulgrew, Patrick Stewart. They all have had varies careers which involve music, stage, movies and TV.

WrathfulDwarf
Leonard Nimoy and Patrick Stewart.

Mind you Patrick would best if he ever plays Mr Freeze in the Batman franchise.

BruceSkywalker
Patrick Stewart hands down/

Mr Parker
since shatners name cant be mentioned,Nimoy and Kelly for sure.Kirk spock and mccoy were like the best trio in ANY tv show.They had a magical chemisty unlike anything else in any other show.

Impediment
Brent Spiner. C'mon. Data was the shit. Also, I might add, he played a memorable redneck idiot on the ever classic series Night Court.

Symmetric Chaos
Stewart. He's probably done more different parts outside of Star Trek than anyone else -- and done them well.

Spiner. Even just in TNG, he ran the gamut of different personalities.

illadelph12
As far as quality of acting I'd say Stewart and Spiner. Also, I liked John Anderson as Kevin Uxbridge/The Douwd in the season 3 episode "The Survivors". That was a great episode.

Bardock42
Shatner can be mentioned. I was just making a joke about his name...and I guess a slight reference to a Family Guy Episode.

TricksterPriest
Johnathan Frakes is a surprisingly underrated actor. IMO, he's one of the best actors on Star Trek.

illadelph12
I haven't seen Frakes in anything else but Star Trek.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Johnathan Frakes is a surprisingly underrated actor. IMO, he's one of the best actors on Star Trek.

He made an excellent first officer. Michael Dorn payed Worf real well

Remember that horrible Thunderbirds remake, Frakes directed that..

Troop
Leonard Nimoy is pretty good.

Neo Darkhalen
The original cast for me were the best.

But Patrick Stewart did a excellent job as Picard.

Syren
Originally posted by Impediment
Brent Spiner. C'mon. Data was the shit. Also, I might add, he played a memorable redneck idiot on the ever classic series Night Court.

Definitely yes

And Patrick Stewart - legend big grin

starlock
Deforest Kelly

Bardock42
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

He hosted "Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction". I liked that show.

Neo Darkhalen
That was a great show.

Raoul
obviously stewart is one of the best, but i thin avery brooks (sisko) is very underrated...

illadelph12
Avery Brooks is a great actor. So is the actor that played Bashir.

jaden101
ashley judd was in a few next gen episodes if i remember correctly...as a brief love interest of wesley crusher's

she's not that great an actress...but she's hot as

Raoul
Originally posted by jaden101
ashley judd was in a few next gen episodes if i remember correctly...as a brief love interest of wesley crusher's

she's not that great an actress...but she's hot as

she is gorgeous... she was in 'the game' which was in season 5 i think...

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Raoul
she is gorgeous... she was in 'the game' which was in season 5 i think...

It is season 5, ep 6. Ashley Judd was also in Darmok which was season 5, ep 2.

I so enjoyed John de Lancie as Q. And pre Jean Grey , the gorgeous Fanke Jannsen in The Perfect Mate

Raoul
they did alright for women in tng, dang...

and yeah, q was awesome...

one person i think should be mentioned is andrew robinson as garak... yes, he's subtle, but he is incredible at times, stealing scenes...

starlock

Yeah i gotta admit, he is a good actor and it seemed he really loved the character....it showed....gotta give him some respect thumb up

BruceSkywalker
they did alright for women in tng, dang...

and yeah, q was awesome...

one person i think should be mentioned is andrew robinson as garak... yes, he's subtle, but he is incredible at times, stealing scenes...

I loved Garak. He was a great character. Andrew Robinson played him very very well

starlock
Rene Auberjonois----Odo

I think he was a great character, he is also a fine actor i.m.o

Endrict Nuul
Stewart hands down was and is the best actor to ever act on any Star Trek.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by starlock
Rene Auberjonois----Odo

I think he was a great character, he is also a fine actor i.m.o

Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Stewart hands down was and is the best actor to ever act on any Star Trek.

MJOILNIR
Patrick Stewart most likely but I got to give a big thumbs up to Colm Meaney as well...Hes the workhorse of star trek and has had a good career outside of the trek series as well. His character is probably my favorite overall... cool

Robtard
Christopher ****ing Lloyd. Good actor and played the best Klingon ever, Commander Kruge.

http://sbs.is/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/st1-klingon-150x150.gif

SnakeEyes
Patrick Stewart.

Scoobless
Jeffrey Combs ... I like every character he plays, especially Shran.

susan12

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Scoobless
Jeffrey Combs ... I like every character he plays, especially Shran.

he was great as Weyoun as well..

Originally posted by susan12

Agreed

Wanderer11
Patrick Stewart.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Wanderer11
Patrick Stewart.

Definitely..

Capt. Jean-Luc Picard rocked

Raoul
too many choices... too many choices...

BruceSkywalker
too many choices... too many choices...

this is true

Vjer
Persis Khambatta; naw?Can't pick Shatner? I'd have to say Leonard Nimoy then; it's only logical; that was a great death scene in Wrath of Khan...

Jacob Janeway
Leonard Nimoy, Deforest Kelley, and Kate Mulgrew.

Kate Mulgrew as Janeway was my favorite.

Lance23
Brent Spiner is the man. He done all the stuff, different kind of act like no one did in the movie. He do some crazy things like sing and dance. Truly, Brent is the best most versatile actor ever.

Sadako of Girth
Just in TNG: Brent Spiner, Dwight Schultz as Barclay, John DeLancie as Q.

Honourable mentions: Jonathan Frakes and Patrick Stewart.

Nyan Cat

He also released a good country and western album.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41EC2FC87GL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Robtard
Ha, totally forgot Data was on Night Court.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.