The other star trek movies thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Neo Darkhalen
This thread is to talk about all the other Star Trek movies that have come before the 2009 film, which is you favorite, is there anything memorable that stand out about them, discuss.

starlock
Wrath of Khan might be my favorite...but the scene with Kirk and Picard in generations always makes me smile big grin

Raoul
for me picard's speech about the borg to lily is one of the best pieces of dialogue in any movie, ever...

starlock
Originally posted by Raoul
for me picard's speech about the borg to lily is one of the best pieces of dialogue in any movie, ever...

Yeah very powerfull, and it showed a flaw in picard that made an impact in the story

Raoul
Originally posted by starlock
Yeah very powerfull, and it showed a flaw in picard that made an impact in the story

i'd hated picard for years, literally until i heard that piece, and i was like... damn...

BruceSkywalker
Best Trek movie ever.

I was very sad during that scene.

Loved those words by Jean-Luc, Don't forget the excellent speech from Kirk during and after Spock's funeral in WOK.

Raoul
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Best Trek movie ever.

I was very sad during that scene.

Loved those words by Jean-Luc, Don't forget the excellent speech from Kirk during and after Spock's funeral in WOK.

true, true...

grey fox
First contact >>>>>everything else, IMO of course

starlock
Originally posted by grey fox
First contact >>>>>everything else, IMO of course

i loved aspects of the movie, especially when worf was in the defiant....what did ryker say to worf when he came aboard the neterprise"nice little ship you have there'..... worf says 'little" laughing

BruceSkywalker
ST:Insurrection is one of the worst in the series. The story could have been better

Raoul
ST:Insurrection is one of the worst in the series. The story could have been better

it was just too much like a weekly ep of tng, imo...

starlock

When the joystick popped up for ryker to take manual control, i almost pissed my pants...Atari joystick for the win big grin

Acrosurge
When the joystick popped up for ryker to take manual control, i almost pissed my pants...Atari joystick for the win big grin The space battle in this movie really left me unsatisfied. One second, we see the Enterprise shrugging off torpedo blasts, then the next time we return to it, the bridge is in shambles and engineering is leaking deuterium. And the Enterprise defeats the enemy with glorified clouds of natural gas.

What happened?! laughing out loud

BruceSkywalker
laughing laughing

Your guess is as good as mine

starlock
Star Trek V?
What was spocks half brothers name?

I like spocks reaction to kirk asking him why he never told him he had a brother...

"spock i know you dont have a brother"
"Yes your right i have a half brother"
"Why did you not tell me"
"You never asked"

BruceSkywalker
Star Trek V?
What was spocks half brothers name?

I like spocks reaction to kirk asking him why he never told him he had a brother...

"spock i know you dont have a brother"
"Yes your right i have a half brother"
"Why did you not tell me"
"You never asked"

Sybok. He was played by Laurence Luckinbill

starlock
Sybok. He was played by Laurence Luckinbill

I was thinking Spybok for some reason laughing

BruceSkywalker
Did anyone like Star Trek 4: The Voyage Home or Trek 6 : The Undiscovered Country?

illadelph12
Undiscovered Country was pretty good. Worf as a lawyer was comical to me.

The Whale movie was kinda bleh. I always wondered what happened to that alien probe afterwards.

starlock
Did anyone like Star Trek 4: The Voyage Home or Trek 6 : The Undiscovered Country?

The voyage home, to me was like a episode from tv, it had allot of laughs...i liked it,but not my favorite

Undiscovered country was good, sulu as captain of his own ship=very good movie(if i got the right movie lol)

Neo Darkhalen
Star Trek 1 and 2 will always be the best IMO.

starlock
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen

I really like the first movie....but i have lots of friends who hate it...really hate it, it might not have been action packed, but i think it had a great script and was done well, maybe it was too much like a tv episode?

Not sure where i heard it or read it, so its just something i remember, that the first star trek episode, was the first makings of the borg...anybody hear anything like this? maybe a video game story line?

starlock
I wanted to say..... first star trek movie...sorry

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by illadelph12
Undiscovered Country was pretty good. Worf as a lawyer was comical to me.

The Whale movie was kinda bleh. I always wondered what happened to that alien probe afterwards.

I did laugh

Khan rules as does V'ger

Star Trek 1 and 2 will always be the best IMO. Originally posted by starlock
I really like the first movie....but i have lots of friends who hate it...really hate it, it might not have been action packed, but i think it had a great script and was done well, maybe it was too much like a tv episode?

Not sure where i heard it or read it, so its just something i remember, that the first star trek episode, was the first makings of the borg...anybody hear anything like this? maybe a video game story line?

I never heard or read that. I know that the Metrons from TOS episode Arena may have been an offshoot of Q though

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.