Vulcan's, Klingon's, borg and more

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Neo Darkhalen
Here is a thread to talk about the influential races from star trek, weather it be Vulcan's, Klingon's, Borg etc, why do you like them, what has made them so popular and why do they still have an impact in the world today?

TricksterPriest
Despite not having much of a history until DS9, I really think the Bajorans were a major influence, especially considering how much they contributed to the Dominion War and the Prophets.

BruceSkywalker
Being that the Klingons were based off samurai, they were right up my alley, being that I've trained in the warrior arts of the samurai. The Borg were tight.

starlock
I would have thought that Guinan's race would be important some how to the nature of the show(s) her long life time, her races listening abilities etc...but since her world was attacked from the borg, i guess there are not enough of them?

And what was with Q questiongs her? saying is that what your name is now(wiki says she put up her hands, as in defence,or is it alluded that she has powers) i dont remember the whole show so i guess its implied

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by starlock
I would have thought that Guinan's race would be important some how to the nature of the show(s)

So did I. In fact I spent a long time watching TNG hoping to find out the secret behind them. But I think leaving it ambigious was good in the end.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.