My List: Top Fifteen Worst Spider-Man Villains Of All Time

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Toku King
To accompany my '15 greatest' thread, I figure that a new and opposite thread should be made. But here's what makes this list a little more different: This list takes into account many things, and some segregated from others. For example, some are on here just because they're so pathetic and ridiculous as villains, and others because they ruin what the Spidey franchise stands for, is generally a widely hated character.

Neo Darkhalen
*cough* Gargan Venom *cough*

Toku King
15. Venom III
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2f/Scorpvenom.jpg

What puts Venom on this list isn't how non-threatening he is, but how much controversy the guy made. Marvel took away everything that made Gargan Gargan(including personality along with the suit) to make a less interesting foe. It became a huge problem with Spidey fans, and is still considered to be one of the less intelligent of Marvel's moves. Well, that is, until Civil War, One More Day, and Brand New Day showed up.

Neo Darkhalen
He should be lower, he's in the top 3 for BAD no.1 is EVERY SINGLE BND VILLAIN.

Toku King
14. Circus Of Crime
http://www.immortalthor.net/bio-circusofcrime.jpg

What seemed like a new and inventive idea ended up being one of the silliest and funniest ideas for a Marvel group in the sixties. We have the girl that can make a bunch of snakes do whatever she wants(that the laws of physics will offer, of course), a guy with a funny hypnotizing hat, someone who is strong, but not that strong, two midgets that flip a lot, a clown that does..... stuff, someone who eats fire, a dude that is basically a gay Montana, and a guy that shoots out of a cannon.
Even when the Ringmaster obtained one of the most dangerous items on the planet, he still lost to the Punisher in the easiest way to win ever.

Neo Darkhalen
i lol'd

Toku King
13. White Rabbit
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/dc/WhiteRabbitMarvel.jpg

Imagine the Joker as a girl. Now, imagine that female Joker having a thing for rabbits, and being half as smart as the Joker. There's White Rabbit. She's top dog of the low tier villains, but Spider-Man normally takes a minute or so out of his life to beat her. What makes it even sillier is that her main targets are almost always old rich men. Boy, that sure is scary!

Toku King
12. Freak

Freak is one of those villains that seems to have been made solely because they needed villains. What sounded somewhat interesting became two dimensional and dull. "I hate Spider-Man! He ruined my life! Yada-yada-yada!" Polled as the second worst BND villain, Freak is the Lizard and Vermin combined, but without the cool.

Toku King
10. Menace

One of my single least favorite supervillains to date, Menace is a horrid ripoff of both the Green and Hobgoblins with no interesting or redeeming values whatsoever. Spider-Man beats him easily, his mystery gimmick has been done twice in the Goblin line already, and his design is crappy. No wonder why he was polled as the worst BND villain.

Neo Darkhalen
It might be MJ just to announce that Menace may be MJ.

Magic_attack
I may be getting older, but why does it go from 12 to 10?

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Magic_attack
I may be getting older, but why does it go from 12 to 10? Didn't you hear? President Bush decided to take out number 11 because it was one of the many he couldn't seen to remember. eek!

Toku King
It's called a 'typo'.
Menace is 11.

Toku King
10. Rocket Racer
http://www.survivinggrady.com/rocketracer.jpg

What makes Freak, The Circus of Crime, and White Rabbit look like Dr. Octopus level threats is none other than Robert Farrell, also known as the Rocket Racer. Look out, Spider-Man! It's a guy on a hoverboard that looks like a Soul Train reject! He floats! And, um, punches with rocket speed!
Man, what was Marvel smoking?

Toku King
9. Big Wheel
http://www.marvel.com/universe3zx/images/7/71/Big_Wheel_Head.jpg

You may wonder; What could be worse that a guy on a hoverboard wearing a retro sixties/seventies outfit speaking 'jive'? How about a dude in a giant wheel? As if Marvel couldn't do any worse, the knuckleheads thought it would be a great idea for Spider-Man's new and dangerous enemy of the month to be a random weenie in a giant wheel that he can control like a car. Jeez, why not just chase Spidey with a monster truck or something? I bet it'd be far more effective.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Didn't you hear? President Bush decided to take out number 11 because it was one of the many he couldn't seen to remember. eek!

That was very good A1, epic win lulz. laughing out loud

Toku King
8. Black Fox
http://www.doubleviking.com/bk_images/BlackFox.jpg

As far as losers go, this guy makes the Big Wheel look like Dr. Octopus. Easily one of the weakest, most useless villains in Spider-Man history, his self proclaimed brilliant schemes are on the same level of a monkey deciding to fling poo at something. And how does he get out of the billion times he's been caught? Either persuading heroes to let him go(which is indeed impressive), or doing something so stupid that it could wreck all of New York City(like turning on the Red Ghost's doomsday device by accident), in which the heroes completely forget about him.
I don't think he even counts as a villain, so much as a quick-and-fix problem.

Toku King
7. The Kangaroo
http://www.spidervillain.com/SpiderManCovers/Amazing/ASM126/ASM126Cover.jpg
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/kangaroh4.jpg

Doesn't matter whether it's one or two, since the entire legacy of the Kangaroo is ridiculous. The first Kangaroo originally had no powers, and was as stupid as a brick. Easy win. He later came back, however, with a power-up. The power-up? He could jump higher than ever before. Wow! That's so impressive! Especially since Spider-Man can just web your ass back down in a nanosecond! Not to mention that he made the Rhino look like a rocket scientist. The second one was just as horrid, only now boosting an extremely terrible costume. I bet even the Black Fox is shaking his head in shame.

steverules
Don't mean to be rude or anything but....whats the point in this thread? I mean...we all have villains we don't like and stuff but we don't make a thread about it because there's really no need for a thread about it

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by steverules
Don't mean to be rude or anything but....whats the point in this thread? I mean...we all have villains we don't like and stuff but we don't make a thread about it because there's really no need for a thread about it

Everyone has different opinions as well...i don't see the point in the thread, it is a negative thread, but since it has not been closed i guess it will remain open....until further notice.

steverules
The mods of the spider-man forum are hardly ever on here...I could make a thread about MJ's breasts and post naked pictures of her and it wouldn't be closed erm

Neo Darkhalen
Yes well it seems that Tron had abandoned this forum and Digi is occupied with the other comic forums, coincidentally i was going to PM Raz and ask him if he could send a spare mod our way.

steverules
Would have to be someone who goes on here often and has been here a while and knows the rules

Neo Darkhalen
Well Raoul has the comic Vs, and now the Star trek so he's out...Bada has Vs. and comic movies/books i believe.....mmm

Tron seems to hang out around Vs and Respect...

steverules
they could make a new mod

Neo Darkhalen
*ahem**cough* who's been active and around for a long time..........Steve. shifty

steverules
Would I make a good mod?

Neo Darkhalen
I believe you have all the box's ticked in terms of curriculum, i will say that you have the right personality for it and you have a friendly yet firm presence, as we have seen you can be serious and have stopped many an arguments in your time...would you make a good mod i would like to think so.

But who knows unless such a thing happens.

steverules
Maybe it'll happen but I have my doubts

Neo Darkhalen
I hope it works out for you.

Toku King

Because everyone talks about it anyways, so why not? Besides, it isn't being negative, it's being a factual and actually kind of funny to see what kind of ridiculous characters have been made over the years.

You and ND really need to take chill pills. And the funnies part is that you say that the mods need to close this, yet you are both spamming.

Neo Darkhalen
yet you do it in other threads, be carful about what you say.

Toku King
6. Carnage
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cb/Carnagemarvel.jpg

One of the single most controversial villains in comics, Carnage is loved by die hard Symbiote fans, but despised by the general Spidey public. I personally will not put myself into this, but I know that many, many people found that Carnage may have been the cause of Venom's reputation's destruction, not to mention the end of new, original villains. It's not to say whether or not the character himself is cool, but how much he has believed to harm the mythos in popularity and quality.

Toku King
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
yet you do it in other threads, be carful about what you say.

Actually, I don't, and I always say 'back on topic'. You, however, always drag me back off, like right now.

Magic_attack
The mods of the spider-man forum are hardly ever on here...I could make a thread about MJ's breasts and post naked pictures of her and it wouldn't be closed erm

I think that is a great idea for a thread. eek!

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Toku King
6. Carnage
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cb/Carnagemarvel.jpg

One of the single most controversial villains in comics, Carnage is loved by die hard Symbiote fans, but despised by the general Spidey public. I personally will not put myself into this, but I know that many, many people found that Carnage may have been the cause of Venom's reputation's destruction, not to mention the end of new, original villains. It's not to say whether or not the character himself is cool, but how much he has believed to harm the mythos in popularity and quality.

I'm a die hard Symbiote fan, but there is no good that comes from him, sorry to say he's a waste.

steverules
Because everyone talks about it anyways, so why not? Besides, it isn't being negative, it's being a factual and actually kind of funny to see what kind of ridiculous characters have been made over the years.

You and ND really need to take chill pills. And the funnies part is that you say that the mods need to close this, yet you are both spamming.

Like I said in my post I wasn't being rude or anything, I was just making a point...and just cause I was posting an opinion doesn't mean I need to take a chill pill, I am allowed to state an opinion. Besides this isn't everyones top list of worste villains it's your top list of worste villains...so maybe we should all make a thread about what villains we like and don't like roll eyes (sarcastic) yeah what a great idea, come one everybody lets fill the spider-man forum up with useless threads eek! RIOT!!!

Neo Darkhalen
Power to the posters!!!!!

But i say Carnage should be higher up just as Venom III he should be No. 2.

Toku King
we all have villains we don't like

This is where you don't understand the point. My liking or disliking them means nothing. I love the Ringmaster. I think that the White Rabbit is a hoot. It's about how bad they are, not my least favorites(though Menace, Freak, Carnage, and Venom III are ones I dislike).
Heck, I love the #1.

Magic_attack
I'm a die hard Symbiote fan, but there is no good that comes from him, sorry to say he's a waste.

The idea was solid. Have a spawn of Venom that is far more evil than Venom. Make the spawn stronger and faster and tougher to kill than the original. Make it so the two of Spidey and Venom have to team up to have any chance of beating him.

But Marvel screwed that up like they do with everything else. erm

Toku King
I am allowed to state an opinion

While spamming and being an ass about it in the process.

Neo Darkhalen
He's almost the Joker of the Marvel universe, and when you are making a reference to another company's villain, that does not hold a good sign.

Toku King
He's almost the Joker of the Marvel universe, and when you are making a reference to another company's villain, that does not hold a good sign.

The Joker, however, is funny and plain awesome.

steverules

roll eyes (sarcastic) the chill pills are in the bathroom cabinet above your special medication, there's no need to be name calling wink

Neo Darkhalen
The Joker, however, is funny and plain awesome.

I agree 100%

(well maybe not on the funny, he has his moments but it's rather hard to see the humor, when he's torturing and maiming people.)

Toku King
roll eyes (sarcastic) the chill pills are in the bathroom cabinet above your special medication, there's no need to be name calling wink

And yet you began this whole argument, which was an insult in the first place. no expression
And besides, you just insulted me right there. Mega hypocrite. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Toku King
I agree 100%

(well maybe not on the funny, he has his moments but it's rather hard to see the humor, when he's torturing and maiming people.)

I think he's funny, at least.
"Hello, operator? I'm afraid that my party's been disconnected."

Neo Darkhalen
Oh you mean the TAS version....not the comic version....yeah he was pretty funny in that.

steverules
And yet you began this whole argument, which was an insult in the first place. no expression
And besides, you just insulted me right there. Mega hypocrite. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Well you seem to have the mind of a child so...I kind of assumed, yup guilty lil 'ol me. But I never started an argument, I posted an opinion that you didn't like to which you told me to take a chill pill and then called me an ass which is so clever and original roll eyes (sarcastic) I never insulted you I just made a suggestion that you should take a chill pill wink I'm sure it's something you take often before you get strapped into bed and a football helmet is put on your head smile wink

Magic_attack
Well you seem to have the mind of a child so...I kind of assumed, yup guilty lil 'ol me. But I never started an argument, I posted an opinion that you didn't like to which you told me to take a chill pill and then called me an ass which is so clever and original roll eyes (sarcastic) I never insulted you I just made a suggestion that you should take a chill pill wink I'm sure it's something you take often before you get strapped into bed and a football helmet is put on your head smile wink

Steve, I suggest you stop it now. You have already received a few warnings for arguing with other people. Toku has already been shown to be a liar and seems to have a chip on his shoulder for whatever reason. No good can come from continuing this. He has been asked continually to bring things to PM's but Toku simply refuses to. He continually keeps going off topic with his rants. It's not worth having a mod come in here to straighten things out, when all you have to do is just ignore him. Eventually he will just go away on his own. Just a suggestion to my friend. smile

steverules
May as well...ok, ignore him I shall

Neo Darkhalen
Yes if he continues such behaviour he will be delt with, we should just ignore him and continue our business.

Micheal_Myers
I dont have a problem with this thread. I find his oppinions interesting, and I would like to see the rest. I think we could have some decent discussion about the list once its completed on why or why not a villain should have a certain place on the list.

The only thing thats annoying on this thread is the constant arguing.

Thus far:
I think Mac Venom should be WAY higher on the list, he should easily be top 5 material. And I honestly think having Carnage on the list is stretch. That shows a fair amount of bias, since last time I checked, He's kinda popular, gives Spiderman a better fight than anyone else on the list(not to mention a better fight than most villains all together), and isnt THAT bad of a character.

Arachnid1
The mods of the spider-man forum are hardly ever on here...I could make a thread about MJ's breasts and post naked pictures of her and it wouldn't be closed erm Please do. eek!

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
I dont have a problem with this thread. I find his oppinions interesting, and I would like to see the rest. I think we could have some decent discussion about the list once its completed on why or why not a villain should have a certain place on the list.

The only thing thats annoying on this thread is the constant arguing.

Thus far:
I think Mac Venom should be WAY higher on the list, he should easily be top 5 material. And I honestly think having Carnage on the list is stretch. That shows a fair amount of bias, since last time I checked, He's kinda popular, gives Spiderman a better fight than anyone else on the list(not to mention a better fight than most villains all together), and isnt THAT bad of a character.

Shame he got dumbed down by Marvel, that was really stupid.

Toku King
Oh you mean the TAS version....not the comic version....yeah he was pretty funny in that.

He's funny in the comics, too. His asylum joke at the end of 'The Killing Joke' was hilarious.

Toku King
May as well...ok, ignore him I shall

Christ, took you long enough.

Toku King
And to Magic_Attack: I'm not a liar in any way, shape, or form. You are for even saying that.

Neo Darkhalen
He's funny in the comics, too. His asylum joke at the end of 'The Killing Joke' was hilarious.

The one with the light?

Toku King
The one with the light?

Yup.

Micheal_Myers
Can we stop this annoying dispute and get on with the list please???

Neo Darkhalen
What No. are we on now?

Micheal_Myers
Next up should be No.5.

Magic_attack
And to Magic_Attack: I'm not a liar in any way, shape, or form. You are for even saying that.

Yeah, I'm the liar. roll eyes (sarcastic)

(I am not sure if you understand sarcasm, but that is what my last statement was.)

I don't want to keep rehashing this argument, but I have already shown where you tried to misrepresent something that you had previously sent to me in a PM. I am not sure what you want to call it, but where I am from that would be called LYING.

Can we stop this annoying dispute and get on with the list please???

I'm afraid not Michael. Toku refuses to take things to PM's. It seems that he would rather attack other forum members right out in the open. For no real reason at all. Then he wants to play the victim.

So far he has attacked people for-

1. Making a joke about someone else (Not even Toku).
2. Asking a question about a thread that Toku made.
3. Trying to stop a fight between two members (Toku being one of them).
4. Having an improper spelling of someone's name. (This one was funny actually). Apparently, if a name isn't typed in a manner that Toku is accustomed - IT IS THE WRONG SPELLING. Never mind cultural differences at all.

If he put half as much energy in his posts as he did at bitching over nonsense the thread would have been finished by now.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

steverules
He whines more than a 10 year old girl whining to her parents for Hannah Montana panties.

Neo Darkhalen
lulz

Menetnashté
He whines more than a 10 year old girl whining to her parents for Hannah Montana panties.
I don't understand is there something wrong with hannah montana panties? no expression

steverules

batmanfan136
wasn't there a list or something

Micheal_Myers
Yeah, there was, but this stupid dispute just refuses to end.

Toku King
Yeah, there was, but this stupid dispute just refuses to end.

I didn't even say anything!

Steverules, stop being an eccentric ******* and give it a rest. I'm not arguing with you, MA's on my Ignore List so I don't even know what bullcrap he's spewing out of his fanboy mouth, and I'm trying to finish the list so we can stay on topic.

If you have a problem, PM me.

Magic_attack
laughing out loud Not quite sure where the fanboy bit came from, but ok. smile

Any chance of us getting to see the end of this list?

Arachnid1
laughing out loud Not quite sure where the fanboy bit came from, but ok. smile

Any chance of us getting to see the end of this list? The question is pointless Magic. He has you on ignore, remember? big grin

Magic_attack
The question is pointless Magic. He has you on ignore, remember? big grin

Not to sure about that. He knew that I called him out for being a liar when he was supposed to have me on ignore. He mentioned it in one of his posts.

It really doesn't matter to me one way or another. He is using the age old technique of debating which consists of putting ones fingers in their ears and going "LALALA!!! I CANT HEAR YOU!!!" Not the most effective style. I think the last time I saw it was on a playground, some 5 year olds were arguing over who gets to sit in the sandbox.

smile

Arachnid1
I think the last time I saw it was on a playground, some 5 year olds were arguing over who gets to sit in the sandbox.

smile Na uh!

LALALA!!! I CANT HEAR YOU!

Seriously though. Toku is awesome.

batmanfan136
jesus Christ just get the list going

Magic_attack
Na uh!

LALALA!!! I CANT HEAR YOU!

Seriously though. Toku is awesome.

He will hopefully grow out of it eventually. I know they have the same problem with him over on CBR.

We actually still need him here. The Spidey forum doesnt get much traffic, so the more the merrier. sad

Originally posted by batmanfan136
jesus Christ just get the list going

He won't be helping you here. smile

Bad Ash231
*cough* Brock Venom *cough*

Agreed. 131

Toku King
MA: Nobody has a problem with me over at CBR, especially since you're not around to harass me, nor is Steverules. Once again, another lie.

Toku King
5. Morlun
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fb/Morlun.png

Widely considered to be the kickstart of some of the most infamous Spider-Man storylines in years(up there with sins Past and OMD), Morlun is despised by many for not exactly who he is, but what he was apart of, and technically began.

Toku King
4. Leap-Frog
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/frogm21.jpg

Most likely an intentional joke of super-villainy, the 'amazing' Leap-Frog is pretty much a man in a frog suit with the exact same powers as Kangaroo(essentially). What makes him lower, you may ask? Kangaroo was stupid and had a horrible power, but even he didn't wear a frog costume and accidentally jump into walls every few pages.
I think what I like about Leap-Frog is just that. He's out-nerded and out-losered(not a word, I know) villains just as bad as him(in the big picture, at least). Spider-Man normally only take one minute out of his day when this schmuck's around.

steverules
I disagree on the morlun one, I actually liked Morlun and thought the storyline was great

Neo Darkhalen
5. Morlun
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fb/Morlun.png

Widely considered to be the kickstart of some of the most infamous Spider-Man storylines in years(up there with sins Past and OMD), Morlun is despised by many for not exactly who he is, but what he was apart of, and technically began.

No offense but although i am not a fan of him, i have never met anyone who downright hated him, he has become one of the big villains (GG, Doc Ock, Venom, Carnage, Mysterio, Lizard, chameleon, scorpion, Kraven, Sandman, etc.) and he was only in 3 issues or so.

Toku King
No offense but although i am not a fan of him, i have never met anyone who downright hated him

I have. Many, in fact.

Big for JMS and Joe Q. But to many, he was believed to have started a series of horrid retcons, not to mention that he is incredibly out of place in the Spider-Man mythos.

Neo Darkhalen
Like i said i never liked him, and i would have thought the recons begun at the time of Elkizel or whatever you call him, that or the clone saga.

Magic_attack
MA: Nobody has a problem with me over at CBR, especially since you're not around to harass me, nor is Steverules. Once again, another lie.

So much for having me on ignore, huh, liar? eek!

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?t=178842&page=4

But Tobu King has this habit of responding directly to any disputes and getting sidetracked. I, for one, am eager to see the end of the list before I post my own massive editorial. -2nd post from the top, WildCard 13.

That sounds exactly like here. eek!

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?t=210482

One of my favorites-

I'm curious... What's it like to be so consistently angry about something so trivial?

Do you wake up angry or do you need to ease yourself into it? Does the ability to express your anger online help it go away or does it make it worse? Does this anger carry over to your life outside the message board, or is it only contained here?

Your psychosis is fascinating to me. 4th post from the bottom, Jake V.

laughing out loud

I admit that I am not on there much, and not alot recently. But I do go there from time to time, when this place is dead.

It is good to see that you have continued the list, keep it going. smile

Toku King
3. Chtylok The Che-K'n Kau
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/chtylo32.gif

Quite possibly the oddest creation Marvel has ever created, Chtylok was exactly what his title says: Half chicken, half cow. And what half-chicken-half-cow is complete with an outlandish origin? For some reason, an age oldcult worhipped the creature as their god. Resurrected every new moon, the tribe(called the Fall People) believed that the creature would save them from any terrible disaster. Too bad Chtylok's also an insane freak of nature.
Seriously, almost nothing can be more ridiculous or drug induced as a half-chcken-half-cow-monster.

Neo Darkhalen
Woah did you just pwn him?

Toku King
And to MA: There were no problems on that page except a bunch of idiots freaking out over a Scorpion typo. Dur.

Toku King
Woah did you just pwn him?

Pwn what?

Neo Darkhalen
3. Chtylok The Che-K'n Kau
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/chtylo32.gif

Quite possibly the oddest creation Marvel has ever created, Chtylok was exactly what his title says: Half chicken, half cow. And what half-chicken-half-cow is complete with an outlandish origin? For some reason, an age oldcult worhipped the creature as their god. Resurrected every new moon, the tribe(called the Fall People) believed that the creature would save them from any terrible disaster. Too bad Chtylok's also an insane freak of nature.
Seriously, almost nothing can be more ridiculous or drug induced as a half-chcken-half-cow-monster.

erm

what the hell, he should have been put down long ago.

Magic_attack
And to MA: There were no problems on that page except a bunch of idiots freaking out over a Scorpion typo. Dur.

confused

They mention the EXACT SAME problems that we have here with you. The fact that you are easily sidetracked, losing focus with the task at hand. And that you belly-ache over the most unimportant detail.

Or are you saying that those are your good qualities?

What comic and issue is Chtylok The Che-K'n Kau from?

Toku King
2. Hypno-Hustler
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/mengblom/CCblog/19_hustler.jpg

What could be more ridiculous than a half-chicken-half-cow monster? Nothing. But what is more silly and incompetent? A good sized group. And one of the leaders of that group has to be the all mighty Hypno-Hustler. Using music to control people is one thing, but not having the common sense to know that people have something called earplugs, along with the fact that his most dangerous weapon is a stun laser(and he has awful accuracy with it, even by comic thug standards) makes even more sad.
Oh, and let's not forget that he speaks more 'jive' than Rocket Racer and Shaft combined, and has one crazy costume yo(the 'yo' felt fitting for his description).

Toku King
erm

what the hell, he should have been put down long ago.

......You're kidding, right?

Toku King
Anyone have any guesses for my #1?

Magic_attack
Painter?

Neo Darkhalen
so many to choose from.

Toku King
so many to choose from.

There are very, very, very few worse than Hypno-Hustler and Chtylok.

Toku King
1. The Walrus
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/walrus2.jpg

If there is any gimmick that sounded funny, it's the Walrus. However, you could do some stories with that.
Or, you could make the likes of Hubert Carpenter, and absolute idiot with no motive whatsoever, is so stupid that he wears velcroes(sp?) because he can't tie his shoes, thinks being good at crossword puzzles is a superpower, and took his costume and catchphrase from a Beatles album.
http://www.beatles.com/hub/gfx/albums/front/Mag-A.jpg
And who can forget the first epic battle between Spider-Man and the Walrus? Peter took one glance at the sluggish villain, and literally burst into laughter. In fact, he laughed so hard, that he fell on the floor and couldn't get up. Walrus took this chance to clock Spidey over the head with his fist, with little done to the hero.
Oh, but who can forget how Spider-Man stopped this vicious foe? By flicking him on the head. Seriously. One flick, and Carpenter was down for the count.
These are the times that you get to look at these villains, and instead of always having an epic battle, being able to sit back and laugh at something so ridiculous that it's one of the best forms of entertainment, and good ol' Walrus is certainly the perfect example.
Hubert Carpenter, I crown you the worst Spider-Man villain of all time!

Toku King
To go back over the list:

15. Venom III
14. Circus of Crime
13. The White Rabbit
12. Freak
11. Menace
10. Rocket Racer
9. Big Wheel
8. The Black Fox
7. Kangaroo
6. Carnage
5. Morlun
4. Leap-Frog
3. Chtylok the Che-K'n Kau
2. Hypno-Hustler
1. The Walrus

Neo Darkhalen
There are very, very, very few worse than Hypno-Hustler and Chtylok.

I belive there is.

Toku King
I belive there is.

Then you are wrong.

Neo Darkhalen
no then that would be my opinion, not yours...and i could be correct and you could be wrong.

Toku King
no then that would be my opinion, not yours...and i could be correct and you could be wrong.

That's like saying 'It's my opinion that water doesn't become ice in cold temperatures'.

Neo Darkhalen
But we are not talking about something that is impossible to argue over unless you are Mirhi gohan....but regardless, there are much worse villains then a half chicken half cow thing.

steverules
a.k.a. Mac Venom

Neo Darkhalen
Agreed, he's not weak power wise, but he sucks as a villain.

Toku King
a.k.a. Mac Venom

So if either villain had to be Spider-Man's new arch enemy, you would pick that chicken/cow monster over Venom III?

Neo Darkhalen
So if either villain had to be Spider-Man's new arch enemy, you would pick that chicken/cow monster over Venom III?

Oh hell YES!!!!!!! in a heartbeat.

Besides the chicken thing would add a humorous value and savage nature to Spider-Mans villain gallery.

Toku King
Oh hell YES!!!!!!! in a heartbeat.

Besides the chicken thing would add a humorous value and savage nature to Spider-Mans villain gallery.

.........It's half cow, half chicken.

Neo Darkhalen
And it's still better then Venom III, plus it looks more like a white eagle then a chicken.

Micheal_Myers
Okay, here's my opinion. I dont think Carnage belongs on that list. I may be a Carnage fan, but I can definately see the Bias in putting him on the list. Even though I am not exactly a Morlun fan, I dont think he should be on there either, or at least not that high. I also believe Angelo Fortunato Venom deserves a spot if Gargan is on there. Speaking of which, Gargan should have at least been in the top ten.

Neo Darkhalen
Gargan should be No. 2 with EVERY SINGLE BND VILLAIN being NO.1

Toku King
Gargan should be No. 2 with EVERY SINGLE BND VILLAIN being NO.1

Over the Walrus?

Neo Darkhalen
It's not all about power it's how much they suck or how bad there histories and personality's are, or if they are really needed or just a filler, power is only one segment that should be focused on, the walrus is designed for a laugh, consider the appalling villains of BND who are supposed to reinvent the Spider-Man world, they are cliched and boring with nothing new or original added to there mix, Gargan is a whining wreck, who keeps saying, i don't like the symbiote, and who can't use it correctly or efficiently, also it must be noted that Venom Gargans design is awful to look at.

Micheal_Myers
also it must be noted that Venom Gargans design is awful to look at.

True dat...

Neo Darkhalen
Not only with those eyes in the masks eyes, but also those weird pipes in his arms.

Micheal_Myers
Not only with those eyes in the masks eyes, but also those weird pipes in his arms.

Gargan just plain sucks as Venom...

Neo Darkhalen
I am sure there were better people to give the alien too........or just have kept eddie as Venom.

Micheal_Myers
Eddie is really the only one who can be a good Venom. Nobody shares a bond with the symbiote like he does.

Neo Darkhalen
And nobody has the same interaction with the alien or Spider-Man quite like he does.

Toku King
It's not all about power it's how much they suck or how bad there histories and personality's are, or if they are really needed or just a filler, power is only one segment that should be focused on, the walrus is designed for a laugh, consider the appalling villains of BND who are supposed to reinvent the Spider-Man world, they are cliched and boring with nothing new or original added to there mix, Gargan is a whining wreck, who keeps saying, i don't like the symbiote, and who can't use it correctly or efficiently, also it must be noted that Venom Gargans design is awful to look at.

Neo Darkhalen
Yes

Toku King
Yes

That's like saying 2 + 2 = 1,775: Doesn't compute for me.

Neo Darkhalen
fair enough...its not for everyone.

steverules
I wear womens underwear because it's soft on my skin.

ooook then messed

Toku King
ooook then messed

What's wrong with you? erm

steverules
My list: Top 15 reasons why toku is a dummy

15) He won't let anyone have an opinion
14) If you have an opinion it's wrong
13) Also if you have an opinion you need a chill pill messed
12) He's annoying
11) He doesn't know that no.11 is a number
10) He's a kid, if he's older than me then NDH is a dancing bear called LuLu
9) He's annoying
8) He over-reacts and then tells everyone else not to over-react
7) He can't take criticism
6) Never knows when to shut up
5) He starts arguments and then won't let them finish
4) He's annoying
3) He makes pointless and boring threads
2) He's a friggin retard
1) He's very annoying

cartmanha-son

Neo Darkhalen

12) He's annoying
9) He's annoying
4) He's annoying
2) He's a friggin retard
1) He's very annoying

cartmanha-son

This quote is one of the many reasons why steve is a legend.

steverules
big grin I so am

Neo Darkhalen
damn right big grin

Toku King

12) He's annoying
9) He's annoying
4) He's annoying
2) He's a friggin retard
1) He's very annoying

cartmanha-son

Wow.
1) You spent all that time just to let me know you don't like me.
2) You're spamming and flaming me when I did absolutely nothing to provoke you.

Toku King
This quote is one of the many reasons why steve is a legend.

Because he's mean to people?

I wish the mods were here to ban you guys.

Magic_attack

Agreed! What you do in your personal life should not be ridiculed by people on the internet. They should stop acting immature.

Neo Darkhalen

No because you constantly have a go at me for citing my own opinion, i tell you something and then you....YOU insult me because of that.

I don't care if your gay or straight, i only have a problem with people who bash me and talk down to me...hence what you are doing to me.

steverules

Something tells me they wouldn't be banning us they'd be banning the person who has a tantrum everytime someone posts an opinion a.k.a. You! smile

Micheal_Myers
Can we take the flame wars to the off topic thread? It needs the excitement.

Neo Darkhalen
haermm

Magic_attack
Can we take the flame wars to the off topic thread? It needs the excitement.

sad

Symbiotic
Not only with those eyes in the masks eyes

thumb up

I can't stand to look at his face.

doctorstrongbad
Spider-man needs all the posts it can get. smile

Magic_attack
Agreed again.

atharpina
i dont think carnage shud be on this list at all.. i mean the other symbiotes past him ar completely retarded and useless, but carnage is a gud character.. hes the only one with absolutely no remorse watsoever. none. at all. hes also insane, likes to mutilate fools, and uses his suit better than just about any of the other symbiote villians. hes simple and 2 dimensional sure, but i dont think they ever tried to make him anything mor than that. hes a killing machine..thats it..plus he brought venom and spidey together. which was lovely!

Wei Phoenix
14. Circus Of Crime
http://www.immortalthor.net/bio-circusofcrime.jpg

What seemed like a new and inventive idea ended up being one of the silliest and funniest ideas for a Marvel group in the sixties. We have the girl that can make a bunch of snakes do whatever she wants(that the laws of physics will offer, of course), a guy with a funny hypnotizing hat, someone who is strong, but not that strong, two midgets that flip a lot, a clown that does..... stuff, someone who eats fire, a dude that is basically a gay Montana, and a guy that shoots out of a cannon.
Even when the Ringmaster obtained one of the most dangerous items on the planet, he still lost to the Punisher in the easiest way to win ever.

Awesome.

harri

4. Having an improper spelling of someone's name. (This one was funny actually). Apparently, if a name isn't typed in a manner that Toku is accustomed - IT IS THE WRONG SPELLING. Never mind cultural differences at all.

roll eyes (sarcastic) yes that was me, because i'm welsh you spell my name with an i rather than a y, just cultural thing.

F_doomed
post removed

F_doomed
Miley Cyrus panties

Sorry just been reading through this thread. i know its late but. The sugestion of miley cyrus going near another vagina is insane disney would a.) shit them selves b.) kill her before pictures got out. c.) tell her dad who would go in a insane rage cause he loose the daughter with benfits gig.

12. Freak

Freak is one of those villains that seems to have been made solely because they needed villains. What sounded somewhat interesting became two dimensional and dull. "I hate Spider-Man! He ruined my life! Yada-yada-yada!" Polled as the second worst BND villain, Freak is the Lizard and Vermin combined, but without the cool.

this made me laugh

Originally posted by Toku King after quoting steve...

Originally posted by Toku King towards steve.

2) You're spamming and flaming me when I did absolutely nothing to provoke you.

Digi

Sure it would. If nothing else, I show up when stuff is reported, which it would be if you posted that.

Anyway, closing this. If you think something should be closed, don't complain that I'm never here. Report it so that it gets brought to my attention (or another mod's).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.