was obi wan better than mace in soresu by Rots?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Man of Christ
everybody is always saying that obi wan was the best candidate for beating grevous because of his form. didnt mace master soresu too?
if so was obi wan just better at soresu?

truejedi
yes, Mace indicates that Obi-Wan was better at that form in the ROTS novelization when he sends Obi-Wan after Grievous. It was BECAUSE of Kenobi's form that he was chosen. (so yes as far as the Jedi Council was concerned.)

Lord Knightfa11
^what he said, just dont get the idea that this makes kenobi better then windu.

Man of Christ
i would say in terms of (saber combat only) obi is near mace's level.

truejedi
mace could take kenobi, however, just comparing their SORESU abilities, Kenobi has the edge. In a fight between the two however, mace wouldn't use Soresu, and so Kenobi would lose.

Man of Christ
Originally posted by truejedi
mace could take kenobi, however, just comparing their SORESU abilities, Kenobi has the edge. In a fight between the two however, mace wouldn't use Soresu, and so Kenobi would lose.

i know im just saying that is mace is a 10 then obi wan is an 8

Faunus
Who other than Starbuck has ever said that Mace was a Soresu practitioner?

Lord Knightfa11
mace had mastered all six forms, and invented a seventh. its quite common knowledge.

chik4lit
I think what Mace says to Obi-Wan in the ROTS novelization is that Mace may have invented his own lightsaber form, but Obi-Wan is the master of the ultimate form.

sweersa
Originally posted by chik4lit
I think what Mace says to Obi-Wan in the ROTS novelization is that Mace may have invented his own lightsaber form, but Obi-Wan is the master of the ultimate form.

Gotta love the EU. Mace's form existed in one of the Darth Bane books. lol

Faunus
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
mace had mastered all six forms, and invented a seventh. its quite common knowledge. In other words, you don't know. Quoting Starbuck almost word-for-word isn't going to help you out much.

Jbill311
In the wikipedia page on lightsaber combat, it says that to master form 7 a jedi must master all of the other forms to master juyo/ vapaad.

McLovin
Originally posted by chik4lit

Hahah.

Better name: Clit4it.

GL has spoken.

Lord Knightfa11
Originally posted by Faunus
In other words, you don't know. Quoting Starbuck almost word-for-word isn't going to help you out much. WTF is starbuck? i got my info from wookiepedia, and yes, i know there is juyo, although it is almost entirely out of use by pt. Any similarity in my wording/sentence structure to someone else is coincidental. Its bound to happen sometime. And, yes, he has mastered all 7 forms. But Kenobi is the ultimate master of form III

chik4lit
Originally posted by McLovin
Hahah.

Better name: Clit4it.

GL has spoken.

I'm still waiting for a legitimate argument as to why I'm wrong.

Blax_Hydralisk
Stop waiting.

no expression

I''m not sure if you're wrong, but I'm pretty sure Mace was referring to the fact that Obi-Wan mastered the ultimate form in regards to fighting Greivous. Mace noted that Soresu was the best lightsaber form to counter Greivous's own style of combat.

And uh... don't mind McLovin. He's our token black guy... he probably won't survive long enough to make it in to the sequal.

Aside from that...

I think that Mace is highly proficient in all forms of lightsaber combat, however, Obi-Wan mastered Soresu itself to a higher degree then anyone else in history.

Faunus
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
WTF is starbuck?Master Starbuck, the last guy here to put up that exact same argument in those exact words.
Which isn't as canon source...
Apparently, you don't read.

PROVE UP. What canon source states that Mace has mastered all lightsaber styles? The EGttF states that Juyo mastery requires mastery of "other" forms, not all other forms.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.