GLC vs Marvel Gods

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
All the pantheons of Marvel get together to destroy the corps, they are going all out. GLC consists of all green lanterns, Ion and the Guardians.

Who takes this?

guy222
classic or current ion

Bentley
Current.

golem370
Do you count elder gods?

DigiMark007
You realize the Pantheons of Marvel have not just the Norse pantheon, but about a dozen others with counterparts to people like Thor and, more importantly, Odin. A dozen Skyfathers, plus hundreds of lesser gods. Gods handily, imo.

guy222
Odin/Zeus/Zuras FTW

golem370
Like Greek Gods Roman Gods Chinese God Russian Gods Egyptian Gods Hindu Gods Indian Gods etc etc

DigiMark007
Originally posted by golem370
Like Greek Gods Roman Gods Chinese God Russian Gods Egyptian Gods Hindu Gods Indian Gods etc etc

Basically. They used to pop up in old Thor comics. I remember one where he channeled magical energy from at least 10 Skyfathers into Mjolnir for whatever task he was undertaking.

They were also all stranded on Asgard during the IG saga, and I remember a round table of about a dozen of them then.

golem370
I forgot Celtic Gods

golem370
Also if Elder Gods are useable then you have Gaea Atum Chthon etc etc

guy222
The other gods granted Thor a portion of their power to help revive Odin who was defeated by the Celestial Host

llagrok
In all honesty, I think that Odin could probably decimate several thousand green lanterns with a single blast.

Unless the big guns from the GL corps play tough defense, the pantheon will cut through them.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by DigiMark007
They were also all stranded on Asgard during the IG saga, and I remember a round table of about a dozen of them then. Those were just the 'Skyfathers' as well.

There's at least 6 other gods that come from where the Skyfather came from.

All in all, there's a lot of Gods (There's like 40+ pantheons).
I'm leaning towards the Gods...

golem370
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/godhed.htm

Tazer
Yo.

gods ftw

Tazer

Utrigita
GLC is so dead.

basilisk
The Guardians are included in this fight: just how many of them are there and how powerful is a Guardian compared to a Skyfather? I would think they must be at least above the average god (you know, the nameless class 45 bozos running around with swords), and wouldn't good GL's be able to take out the minor gods?

And what did happen to classic Ion's power given that the current Ion obviously has little of it? Can the Guardians still access the full Ion power and use it?

In the end though, if they can't get the full Ion power going I imagine the Corps are basically dead here. Too many Skyfathers.

Priest
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Basically. They used to pop up in old Thor comics. I remember one where he channeled magical energy from at least 10 Skyfathers into Mjolnir for whatever task he was undertaking.

They were also all stranded on Asgard during the IG saga, and I remember a round table of about a dozen of them then.
Yes.
Also they we're brought together in Marvel :The End.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by basilisk
The Guardians are included in this fight: just how many of them are there and how powerful is a Guardian compared to a Skyfather? I would think they must be at least above the average god (you know, the nameless class 45 bozos running around with swords), and wouldn't good GL's be able to take out the minor gods?

thanx to 1 of the "Geoff-cons" established a few issues agaon in GL, theres now currently only about 9 Oans, and of that nine 2 have left the GL-organization, and 1 other seems to be a convertee of the Anti-Monitor.

And what did happen to classic Ion's power given that the current Ion obviously has little of it? Can the Guardians still access the full Ion power and use it?

this Ion is a diff beast altogether, and is about as powerful as a normal GL only he doesnt need to recharge.

In the end though, if they can't get the full Ion power going I imagine the Corps are basically dead here. Too many Skyfathers.

WAYYYY too many Skyfathers, plus their pantheons.

the GLC do some dmg, but the gods win especiall if they go up against the likes of Shiva......

Tazer

smashyou
The Ion power seems to be just over all more powerful.

Bentley
No Elder gods, no eternals. Count in this battle only gods that had made showing in comics and no assumed pantheons or God's in those.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.