Thor amped with the power gem vs Hank amped with rings

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

I love DC
Who is the last man/cyborg/god standing?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by I love DC
Who is the last man/cyborg/god standing?

Neither is a cyborg smile

I love DC
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Neither is a cyborg smile Whoops. I meant Hank.

quanchi112
Thor stomps.

Avlon
Tech > Power gem Thor.

Hank stomps.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Avlon
Tech > Power gem Thor.

Hank stomps. Power gem Thor>3 k-nians that dismissed Hank easily imo.

Estacado
Thor get's locked up again.

Lord Feron
Thor FTW

quanchi112
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Thor FTW I agree because Thor was seen as much more of a threat while Henshaw was just there and wasnt anywhere near as big of a problem as Thor had become to his opposition.

fangirl101
i have to go with henshaw on this one.

quanchi112
Originally posted by fangirl101
i have to go with henshaw on this one. Why?

fangirl101
Originally posted by quanchi112
Why?

henshaw is a better technoguy than tyrant. tyrant was able to use his tech powers to beat galactus. henshaw was able to manipulate the source wall when it was still uber. he can also be many places at once, is completely immortal, and has those nifty rings. which all happen to be lethal. he has ten. one ring makes someone herald lvl. ten rings means he's ten times the herald lvl on top of his superman powers and tech powers.

Avlon
Power gem Thor>3 k-nians that dismissed Hank easily imo.

3 Kryptonians > gun.

See how easy it is to play this game?

Plus, we never saw what happened off panel anyway...and Hank got up to keep on fighting. smile

quanchi112
henshaw is a better technoguy than tyrant. tyrant was able to use his tech powers to beat galactus. henshaw was able to manipulate the source wall when it was still uber. he can also be many places at once, is completely immortal, and has those nifty rings. which all happen to be lethal. he has ten. one ring makes someone herald lvl. ten rings means he's ten times the herald lvl on top of his superman powers and tech powers. Then why was he defeated by three knians if he is 10x herald. It doesnt make sense. Also where do you draw your ring power comparisons from?

quanchi112
3 Kryptonians > gun.

See how easy it is to play this game?

Plus, we never saw what happened off panel anyway...and Hank got up to keep on fighting. smile A gun that Thanos made and a gun that hank has never created.

Hank was such a bystandard in the story it was never even addressed. he was just casually thrown. smile

fangirl101
Then why was he defeated by three knians if he is 10x herald. It doesnt make sense. Also where do you draw your ring power comparisons from?
wonder woman, who is the avatar of truth, and only speaks the truth said that the very lowest green lantern is formitable. wonder woman herself is a herald lvl being. that would mean that the sinestro corps are also herald lvl beings. and correct me if i'm wrong, wasn't henshaw trying to die? he wasn't even putting up his best fight. gosh, we really don't read the same comics.

Lord Feron
henshaw is a better technoguy than tyrant. tyrant was able to use his tech powers to beat galactus. henshaw was able to manipulate the source wall when it was still uber. he can also be many places at once, is completely immortal, and has those nifty rings. which all happen to be lethal. he has ten. one ring makes someone herald lvl. ten rings means he's ten times the herald lvl on top of his superman powers and tech powers.

correction with a ring you can potentially be a herald lvl. I also disagree w/e other things you said but your comment about the ring offends me the most.

Avlon
A gun that Thanos made and a gun that hank has never created.

Hank was such a bystandard in the story it was never even addressed. he was just casually thrown. smile

And yet is was still a gun that pwned Thor and his gem.

Hank can create anything based on his opponents weakness. smile

fangirl101
correction with a ring you can potentially be a herald lvl. I also disagree w/e other things you said but your comment about the ring offends me the most.

take it up with wonder woman. how can someone protect an entire sector of space and not be herald lvl. makes no sense does it? sure doesn't.

quanchi112
wonder woman, who is the avatar of truth, and only speaks the truth said that the very lowest green lantern is formitable. wonder woman herself is a herald lvl being. that would mean that the sinestro corps are also herald lvl beings. and correct me if i'm wrong, wasn't henshaw trying to die? he wasn't even putting up his best fight. gosh, we really don't read the same comics. He wanted to die but did intend on killing Superman.

quanchi112
And yet is was still a gun that pwned Thor and his gem.

Hank can create anything based on his opponents weakness. smile Yes a Thanos gun. I dont think Henshaw could create this gun on the fly. He cant even determine how to kill himself yet you think he can spot any weakness. wink

fangirl101
He wanted to die but did intend on killing Superman.

he wanted superman to kill him but he wanted to kill superman. hmm? doesn't quite sound right to me. he was aggrevating them enough to see if he would die. in the end, it took the power of a galaxy destroying blast to actually disable henshaw. and even then, he was still revived. pg thor can't destroy an entire galaxy. thus this is hanks fight to lose or win at his choosing.

fangirl101
Yes a Thanos gun. I dont think Henshaw could create this gun on the fly. He cant even determine how to kill himself yet you think he can spot any weakness. wink

did you just say hank can't create a gun on the fly. confused

Avlon
Yes a Thanos gun. I dont think Henshaw could create this gun on the fly. He cant even determine how to kill himself yet you think he can spot any weakness. wink

Besides the fact that Henshaw has given that same technology to the kandorians?

Where is your proof that Henshaw can't create such a weapon on the fly?

quanchi112
Besides the fact that Henshaw has given that same technology to the kandorians?

Where is your proof that Henshaw can't create such a weapon on the fly? Provide a scan for me please. Id like to see him doing this in battle to someone. I dont care if its Thor level or not just a scan proving he has done this.

Lord Feron
take it up with wonder woman. how can someone protect an entire sector of space and not be herald lvl. makes no sense does it? sure doesn't.

Okay WW says something is a threat. I mean threat to her life? or can cause threat to other people? A small threat a big threat? i mean what level of threat. If on panel WW a writer said anyone wearing a ring is a threat to her life I would be shocked and appalled. I believe a ring is as good as the user. Just having a ring does not make you herald level. 99% of GL in the corp are cannon fodder ment to be created to die in some horrible mess. If all GL were Hal Jordan status it would be ridiculous.

quanchi112
did you just say hank can't create a gun on the fly. confused No, I am sure he can but I dont think he can imprison Thor with something he creates on the fly.

Avlon
Provide a scan for me please. Id like to see him doing this in battle to someone. I dont care if its Thor level or not just a scan proving he has done this.

Provide me a scan of Surfer shooting a kryptonite beam or red sunlight.

Provide me a scan of Thor not losing to tech. smile

Lord Feron
No, I am sure he can but I dont think he can imprison Thor with something he creates on the fly.

i agree, I think Thanos level of technological genius if greater than Henshawk. Thanos developed tech that impressed Galactus.

fangirl101
Okay WW says something is a threat. I mean threat to her life? or can cause threat to other people? A small threat a big threat? i mean what level of threat. If on panel WW a writer said anyone wearing a ring is a threat to her life I would be shocked and appalled. I believe a ring is as good as the user. Just having a ring does not make you herald level. 99% of GL in the corp are cannon fodder ment to be created to die in some horrible mess. If all GL were Hal Jordan status it would be ridiculous.

do you read the glc? they all have special training now. they are all chosen for thier skill as well. now how in the world can someone protect an entire sector and not be herald lvl? that makes NO SENSE.

quanchi112
Provide me a scan of Surfer shooting a kryptonite beam or red sunlight.

Provide me a scan of Thor not losing to tech. smile We arent talking about the Surfer,you seem to change topics.

Thor lost to something Thanos created. Here is the difference as well,Thanos traded blows with Thor and smiled after his conflict but if Cyborg traded blows with Thor he would have been broken in two.

Avlon
We arent talking about the Surfer,you seem to change topics.

Thor lost to something Thanos created. Here is the difference as well,Thanos traded blows with Thor and smiled after his conflict but if Cyborg traded blows with Thor he would have been broken in two.

You mean like how you want to somehow insinuate that making tech is out of henshaws range?

Thanos ran off while Thor kindly waited for him and shot him. Borg can do that without going anywhere.

So prove to us how Thor won't lose to simple tech like he did before.

quanchi112
You mean like how you want to somehow insinuate that making tech is out of henshaws range?

Thanos ran off while Thor kindly waited for him and shot him. Borg can do that without going anywhere. Thanos calmly walked off after he traded blows with him for fun it seems. Cyborg doesnt have the durability of Thanos and couldnt last very long at all trading blows with him.

I need to see a scan.

Lord Feron
do you read the glc? they all have special training now. they are all chosen for thier skill as well. now how in the world can someone protect an entire sector and not be herald lvl? that makes NO SENSE.

You are silly!!! Deathstroke was able to beat Kyle GL and almost stole his ring. sooo can i assume that deathstroke is a herald lvl? I don't think just because a person protecting a sector of space automatically is assumed to be herald lvl person. Thats a great jump in assumptions and in actuality it is frankly only a enthusiastically high "opinion" of all GLs.

fangirl101
Thanos calmly walked off after he traded blows with him for fun it seems. Cyborg doesnt have the durability of Thanos and couldnt last very long at all trading blows with him.

I need to see a scan.

doesn't have the durability of thanos? galaxy destroying blast anyone? thanos has been hurt by warriors on a planet, a black hole, gamora, wolverine. shall i go on?

fangirl101
You are silly!!! Deathstroke was able to beat Kyle GL and almost stole his ring. sooo can i assume that deathstroke is a herald lvl? I don't think just because a person protecting a sector of space automatically is assumed to be herald lvl person. Thats a great jump in assumptions and in actuality it is frankly only a enthusiastically high "opinion" of all GLs.

i'm silly? would that be considered insulting someone? that is against the forum rules that i read. deathstroke beat kyle due to story elements. he's also beaten others. so it's in his character to beat herald lvl beings. that has nothing to do with the fact that you have to be herald lvl to be able to protect an entire planet, let alone a solar system or a quandrant. prove me wrong if care to.

Avlon
Thanos calmly walked off after he traded blows with him for fun it seems. Cyborg doesnt have the durability of Thanos and couldnt last very long at all trading blows with him.

I need to see a scan.

He went to get his gun.

If I went to get a gun in a fistfight, I'd be calm too. smile

quanchi112
doesn't have the durability of thanos? galaxy destroying blast anyone? thanos has been hurt by warriors on a planet, a black hole, gamora, wolverine. shall i go on? Ko'd by a Kalibak punch,beaten down effortlessly by Cyborg in Sinestro Corps,easily overcome by shadow demons,brought to his knees by Dr Light. Need I go on.

Thanos wasnt phased by a black hole. He killed Gamora when she got in his way and when he was weaker(preMistress Death resurrection). wolverine did no damage to him whatsoever.

quanchi112
He went to get his gun.

If I went to get a gun in a fistfight, I'd be calm too. smile You said he ran I corrected you. smile

llagrok
haermm

Are those supposed to be low feats?

fangirl101
Ko'd by a Kalibak punch,beaten down effortlessly by Cyborg in Sinestro Corps,easily overcome by shadow demons,brought to his knees by Dr Light. Need I go on.

Thanos wasnt phased by a black hole. He killed Gamora when she got in his way and when he was weaker(preMistress Death resurrection). wolverine did no damage to him whatsoever.

kalibak is a herald lvl being. and that was after a long hard fight wasn't it. it wasn't a one shot. cyborg is stronger than any herald. so you saying him beating superman effortlessly makes superman somehow less than what he is? you know what, let's just forget it. i dont' want to debate any more. it's like a bunch of loops and changing arguments to suit the characters you like. let's just end this.

Avlon
You said he ran I corrected you. smile

I'll take that as well, It means Thors reactions are even worse then.

That gives Borg even more opportunity to come up with ways to beat Thor. smile

Lord Feron
i'm silly? would that be considered insulting someone? that is against the forum rules that i read. deathstroke beat kyle due to story elements. he's also beaten others. so it's in his character to beat herald lvl beings. that has nothing to do with the fact that you have to be herald lvl to be able to protect an entire planet, let alone a solar system or a quandrant. prove me wrong if care to.

Someone piss your coffee this morning? damn getting offended for using the word silly geezz imagine if i wanted hurt your feelings lol. Anyway I'm saying that not all GL are the same and not all GL have shown they are herald lvl. I believe that abilities of the user to manipulate the rings differ from user to user. Before I assume anything you are agreeing that Deathstroke is a standard herald beater... interesting . roll eyes (sarcastic)
Rubbish...

I don't have to prove any of your poorly made assumptions and biased opinions. I just disagree with your idea on the power level of most GL.

Lord Feron
Starting to think DC boys are throwing the title Herald too lightly.

fangirl101
Someone piss your coffee this morning? damn getting offended for using the word silly geezz imagine if i wanted hurt your feelings lol. Anyway I'm saying that not all GL are the same and not all GL have shown they are herald lvl. I believe that abilities of the user to manipulate the rings differ from user to user. Before I assume anything you are agreeing that Deathstroke is a standard herald beater... interesting . roll eyes (sarcastic)
Rubbish...

I don't have to prove any of your poorly made assumptions and biased opinions. I just disagree with your idea on the power level of most GL.

what makes a herald lvl being? being able to manipulate matter? move at light speeds? take blows from other herald lvl beings? seems like all gls' can do that. deathstroke has beat many herald lvl beings. so it's standard for him to do so.

llagrok

Throwing the title around too lightly? Can I get an example of this?

Avlon

Who's been doing that?

Lord Feron
Sorry i don't believe all GL are Herald lvl beings I also believe that it takes skill to use a GL ring. The skill differs between the user. That difference in skill gauges how well a person can use the ring. If this was not true no GL would able to beat another GL because they would be the same according to fangirl's beliefs.

llagrok
Sorry i don't believe all GL are Herald lvl beings I also believe that it takes skill to use a GL ring. The skill differs between the user. That difference in skill gauges how well a person can use the ring. If this was not true no GL would able to beat another GL because they would be the same according to fangirl's beliefs.

I agree with that.

Only the senior GLs are around low/mid herald.

fangirl101
Originally posted by llagrok
I agree with that.

Only the senior GLs are around low/mid herald.
that makes no sense. the top of the line gl's would be high lvl herald. or is kilowog, hal, kyle, only as good as a mid herald? so the rest of the gl's are magneto lvl? what the heck.

fangirl101

so your saying heralds can't beat each other? if they lose then they aren't herald lvl. look at your reasoning.

Lord Feron
so your saying heralds can't beat each other? if they lose then they aren't herald lvl. look at your reasoning.

NO no no no.... That is the very thing I'm disagreeing with you about!!!! arrggh ugh wtf this is just getting fustrating now!! someone shoot me now...

Lord Feron
that makes no sense. the top of the line gl's would be high lvl herald. or is kilowog, hal, kyle, only as good as a mid herald? so the rest of the gl's are magneto lvl? what the heck.

idk i personally don't think Mags a helad lvl... i mean he is uber but idk about herald lvl maybe low at best.

llagrok

It makes plenty sense.

Rookie green lanterns are anywhere from mid meta to low herald
The Senior green lanterns are around low herald.
Top green lanterns are mid herald (John, Kilo, Guy and Salaak imo)
Epic green lanterns are high + (Kyle and Hal)

Lord Feron
It makes plenty sense.

Thank you someone understands what im trying to say!!!!! =D

fangirl101
It makes plenty sense.

a rookie green lantern wouldn't be mid meta. that doesn't even sound like something the gaurdians would allow. how is a mid meta going to protect a whole quadrant. and if a rookie is mid meta to low herald, how is a senior lantern low herald? john nearly recreated an entire star system with his ring. is that something a mid herald can even attempt? i've never seen it. we have to just agree to disagree.

llagrok
Kyle contained a big bang didn't he? And Deathstroke almost overpowered him...

Rookie lanterns aren't exactly low metas, but many of them are good for nothing in a fight and have pretty much no feats that put them on par with low heralds.

A Sinestro corps member was even beaten by wildcat.

Kutulu
It makes plenty sense.

^^ Co-signed. As much as I normally disagree with llagrok, his logic is impeccable here.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Kutulu
^^ Co-signed. As much as I normally disagree with llagrok, his logic is impeccable here. many rookie lanters can beat the snot out of the hulk. they are only portrayed not to do anything until they do something. kyle as a rookie could beat the hulk, so I guess the hulk is a mid meta. lmao.

fangirl101
Kyle contained a big bang didn't he? And Deathstroke almost overpowered him...

Rookie lanterns aren't exactly low metas, but many of them are good for nothing in a fight and have pretty much no feats that put them on par with low heralds.

A Sinestro corps member was even beaten by wildcat. that was just silly writing. we all know what cannon fodder means. at any time any cannon fodder person can instantly become better. it's the nature of writing.

Estacado
lmao

llagrok
that was just silly writing. we all know what cannon fodder means. at any time any cannon fodder person can instantly become better. it's the nature of writing.

Have you read any of the comics involving random Green Lanterns?

This guy couldn't even stop a yellow dozer, plenty have been defeated by simple crooks.

fangirl101
Have you read any of the comics involving random Green Lanterns?

This guy couldn't even stop a yellow dozer, plenty have been defeated by simple crooks.

such is the nature of comics. the silver surfer was beaten with a arm wresting move. and he's not even fodder.

llagrok
such is the nature of comics. the silver surfer was beaten with a arm wresting move. and he's not even fodder.

Being arm-barred by a character like Black Panther is an apparent low showing for the Surfer, because it contradicts years of decent writing.

The regular green lanterns have nothing but mediocre showings. Not just weak showings against insanely powerful characters like Superman Prime or Hank Henshaw, or even against other popular heroes, but against random thugs and such. These are green lanterns with no other high feats to prove otherwise.

fangirl101
Being arm-barred by a character like Black Panther is an apparent low showing for the Surfer, because it contradicts years of decent writing.

The regular green lanterns have nothing but mediocre showings. Not just weak showings against insanely powerful characters like Superman Prime or Hank Henshaw, or even against other popular heroes, but against random thugs and such. These are green lanterns with no other high feats to prove otherwise.
cuz they are cannon fodder. doesn't mean they aren't herald lvl. in the glc book, character whom i've never paid attention to all of sudden do amazing things. like the gl who got burned by the antimonitor and yet he still survived, for a lil bit anyway. and actually managed to hurt him. just saying. you know. plus they get that cool training now. how can someone who gets beat up by thugs actually protect an entire sector. and I'm betting this stuff happened before the laws were being changed.

llagrok
You don't understand that the reason why Hal or Kyle are being hailed as the greatest lanters, are because of their ridiculous feats?

You've clearly never read about any other green lanterns, other than the ones that are killed in major crossovers.

fangirl101
You don't understand that the reason why Hal or Kyle are being hailed as the greatest lanters, are because of their ridiculous feats?

You've clearly never read about any other green lanterns, other than the ones that are killed in major crossovers.

are thier feats higher than that of the top heralds?

Estacado

Stop lying.

llagrok
Originally posted by Estacado
Stop lying.

Wanna fight? uhuh

quanchi112
kalibak is a herald lvl being. and that was after a long hard fight wasn't it. it wasn't a one shot. cyborg is stronger than any herald. so you saying him beating superman effortlessly makes superman somehow less than what he is? you know what, let's just forget it. i dont' want to debate any more. it's like a bunch of loops and changing arguments to suit the characters you like. let's just end this. Kalibak is nothing special. Superman needing aid against him and the bumbling Mantis proves Superman cant do everything on his own.

Cyborg beating Superman also proves Superman can be beaten. All I am proving is tha Superman can lose and badly at that.

quanchi112
I'll take that as well, It means Thors reactions are even worse then.

That gives Borg even more opportunity to come up with ways to beat Thor. smile It proves that Thanos calmly walked away when he was done engaging Thor. You see he knew he couldnt put him down physically as he had the power gem and got into a brawl plainly for the thrill of it. Cyborg wouldnt last more than 20 seconds against him. And he has never imprisoned anyone within a field of energy like Thanos did. smile

fangirl101
Kalibak is nothing special. Superman needing aid against him and the bumbling Mantis proves Superman cant do everything on his own.

Cyborg beating Superman also proves Superman can be beaten. All I am proving is tha Superman can lose and badly at that.

kalibak is nothing special. is that an actual debate tactic? is that an example? wha tis that? he's the son of darksied and uber strong and durable and has that energy club that focuses his soul powers into it, and he's actually a good fighter. mantis bumbling? the same guy who drained a gl ring? and has fought the infinity man on even ground times past?

cyborg beating superman just shows how powerful cyborg is. and i never said superman can't be beaten. i said that he can beat pretty much anyone when the story calls for it. if he just went around beating everyone all of the time, then who would read his books?

quanchi112
Sorry i don't believe all GL are Herald lvl beings I also believe that it takes skill to use a GL ring. The skill differs between the user. That difference in skill gauges how well a person can use the ring. If this was not true no GL would able to beat another GL because they would be the same according to fangirl's beliefs. Agreed.

fangirl101
Agreed.

silver surfer uses the power cosmic much better than terrax, does that mean becuz terraxes skill is low he's not herald lvl? think slowly and carefully about your answer.

quanchi112
kalibak is nothing special. is that an actual debate tactic? is that an example? wha tis that? he's the son of darksied and uber strong and durable and has that energy club that focuses his soul powers into it, and he's actually a good fighter. mantis bumbling? the same guy who drained a gl ring? and has fought the infinity man on even ground times past?

cyborg beating superman just shows how powerful cyborg is. and i never said superman can't be beaten. i said that he can beat pretty much anyone when the story calls for it. if he just went around beating everyone all of the time, then who would read his books? The hero always wins at the end. saying that Superman is standing at the end of a particular crisis is the same as Thor or any other hero who prevails against the odds.

If you read the story you would know in this story they were bumbling and that I believe Mantis gave up soon as he saw Orion. That doesnt sound confident or badass at all. laughing out loud

Cyborg beating Superman proves Superman can get his ass kicked and when the story calls for it for him to be rescued. wink

quanchi112
silver surfer uses the power cosmic much better than terrax, does that mean becuz terraxes skill is low he's not herald lvl? think slowly and carefully about your answer. Terrax has more impressive feats than a common gl. I think the surfer is more powerful tha Terrax and its been proven. Everyone is in disagreement of your radical views on this matter.

fangirl101
The hero always wins at the end. saying that Superman is standing at the end of a particular crisis is the same as Thor or any other hero who prevails against the odds.

If you read the story you would know in this story they were bumbling and that I believe Mantis gave up soon as he saw Orion. That doesnt sound confident or badass at all. laughing out loud

Cyborg beating Superman proves Superman can get his ass kicked and when the story calls for it for him to be rescued. wink
mantis had just woken out of a coma right? ok well then, lets just leave that at that. he didn't know what was going on at all.

has thor ever saved teh omniverse? has thor beaten otherversal beings with powers that just fall out of his ass? thor is NOT superman. no one is.
and of course mantis would hi tell it out of orion is coming. fighting both superman and orion is suicide.

llagrok
silver surfer uses the power cosmic much better than terrax, does that mean becuz terraxes skill is low he's not herald lvl? think slowly and carefully about your answer.

If Terrax only used the power cosmic for flying and making himself a class 10, then yes, he wouldn't be a herald leveler.

Worst comparions, ever.

quanchi112
that was just silly writing. we all know what cannon fodder means. at any time any cannon fodder person can instantly become better. it's the nature of writing. It is in fact canon.

fangirl101
Terrax has more impressive feats than a common gl. I think the surfer is more powerful tha Terrax and its been proven. Everyone is in disagreement of your radical views on this matter.

terrax is an actual herald who has a name and appears in stories. you missed the point of my comment. no need in repeating it again as it will be missed once again.

llagrok
Got any regular lanterns with herald feats?

fangirl101
Originally posted by llagrok Got any regular lanterns with herald feats? there was a lantern who actually hurt the antimonitor. another one survived an onslaught from superman prime. another lantern was actually able to give wonderwoman a really good fight.

llagrok
"survived an onslaught from Superman Prime" ? It's not like Superman faced one of them head on and what "reagular" lantern survived facing him?

quanchi112
mantis had just woken out of a coma right? ok well then, lets just leave that at that. he didn't know what was going on at all.

has thor ever saved teh omniverse? has thor beaten otherversal beings with powers that just fall out of his ass? thor is NOT superman. no one is.
and of course mantis would hi tell it out of orion is coming. fighting both superman and orion is suicide. He knew what was occurring he was just plain scared of Orion while he showed no fear of superman.

Thor has accomplished many things during his appearances. Name the accomplishments that Superman has done that just plain dwarf thors accomplishments.

Thor is a peer of Supermans and although I think Superman would beat him their battle would be epic. Thor could definitely take some wins against Supes.

Superman was almost unconscious when Orion decimated them.

Avlon
It proves that Thanos calmly walked away when he was done engaging Thor. You see he knew he couldnt put him down physically as he had the power gem and got into a brawl plainly for the thrill of it. Cyborg wouldnt last more than 20 seconds against him. And he has never imprisoned anyone within a field of energy like Thanos did. smile

It still leads to the same conclusion. Thor stood there and let Thanos just walk and get a gun to immobilize him.

It's hilarious seeing you try to squirm your way around it.

fangirl101
"survived an onslaught from Superman Prime" ? It's not like Superman faced one of them head on and what "reagular" lantern survived facing him?

let me check. but i think it was when sodom yat got his ass kicked. the girl with him seemed fine even tho she got hit as well. maybe that was the antimonitor. that is a herald lvl feat either way.

quanchi112
It still leads to the same conclusion. Thor stood there and let Thanos just walk and get a gun to immobilize him.

It's hilarious seeing you try to squirm your way around it. Yes Thanos left and got his gun as he couldnt phsically beat him. I have never seen Cyborg immobolize anyone the way the gun did.

quanchi112
there was a lantern who actually hurt the antimonitor. another one survived an onslaught from superman prime. another lantern was actually able to give wonderwoman a really good fight. Name these lanterns.

Bentley
GL ring doesn't make you herald level, and sorry, rookie GL's are fodder to Hulk, that's why they call them rookies.

The reasoning behind the "Guardians wouldn't allow such weaklings to guard a quadrant" is bs. There are peaceful quadrants, thats were the rookies go, the GLC is a law enforcement unit, not an army, people is not drafted just because of their power.

llagrok
let me check. but i think it was when sodom yat got his ass kicked. the girl with him seemed fine even tho she got hit as well. maybe that was the antimonitor. that is a herald lvl feat either way.

Those incidents are supposed to negate years of much lower showings -.-`?

Avlon
Yes Thanos left and got his gun as he couldnt phsically beat him. I have never seen Cyborg immobolize anyone the way the gun did.
Oh look. A gun...and Borg was being nice..he could have done much worse. smile

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1664/steel221819nb1.th.jpghttp://img209.imageshack.us/img209/7421/steel2220rp5.th.jpg

Hmm...adapting mid-battle easily to his enemies weakness...

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/3325/electricsupermansagapagjw6.th.jpghttp://img401.imageshack.us/img401/4697/electricsupermansagapagfu3.th.jpg

quanchi112
Oh look. A gun...and Borg was being nice..he could have done much worse. smile

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1664/steel221819nb1.th.jpghttp://img209.imageshack.us/img209/7421/steel2220rp5.th.jpg You think this would stop Thor? no

The gun that Thanos shot totally encased him in containment block. Thanos seems to have a better gun than Cyborg has in this appearance for sure. Comparing something that contains Steel as opposed to Thor with the power gem is a faulty comparison.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Bentley
GL ring doesn't make you herald level, and sorry, rookie GL's are fodder to Hulk, that's why they call them rookies.

The reasoning behind the "Guardians wouldn't allow such weaklings to guard a quadrant" is bs. There are peaceful quadrants, thats were the rookies go, the GLC is a law enforcement unit, not an army, people is not drafted just because of their power.
people are drafted becuz of thier ability to over come great fear. having a gl ring does in fact make you herald lvl. the skill is something altogether different. or need we look at air walker, terrax and nova, all of whom are heralds but don't do much in the way of impressive showings.

fangirl101
You think this would stop Thor? no

The gun that Thanos shot totally encased him in containment block. Thanos seems to have a better gun than Cyborg has in this appearance for sure. Comparing something that contains Steel as opposed to Thor with the power gem is a faulty comparison.

you missed it didn't you. i think you did.

Avlon
You think this would stop Thor? no

Prove your forcefield gun is more effective than a gun that negates powers and adapts to stop opponents. And the next scan where Borg obliterates a field and adapts instantly to counter it and hit an intangible being.

And this is early borg... we haven't even gotten into ring powers/abilities.

I'll be waiting.

darthgoober
people are drafted becuz of thier ability to over come great fear. having a gl ring does in fact make you herald lvl. the skill is something altogether different. or need we look at air walker, terrax and nova, all of whom are heralds but don't do much in the way of impressive showings.
Air Walker threw a beating to Thor, Terrax destroyed a planet, and Nova caused a super nova. Those are all herald level feats.

psycho gundam
no, they are herald level because they are heralds, no more explanation needed.

llagrok
people are drafted becuz of thier ability to over come great fear. having a gl ring does in fact make you herald lvl.

No, it does not. Your mother****ing feats determine what level you are. That's how we do it on KMC, deal or get the **** out.

Your essentially claiming that herald+ potential makes them herald level beings which is just wrong. Omega class mutants are an example of how that doesn't work.

Bentley

You are not using the right logic. Comparing a rookie GL with Smallville Superman is more accurate than to compare them with Terrax or the others, heralds have a limited cosmic awareness so they are never really unfamiliar with their powers such as young Clark or a rookie GL really is.

llagrok
You are not using the right logic. Comparing a rookie GL with Smallville Superman is more accurate than to compare them with Terrax or the others, heralds have a limited cosmic awareness so they are never really unfamiliar with their powers such as young Clark or a rookie GL really is.

Or adult Clark for that matter.

fangirl101
Originally posted by darthgoober
Air Walker threw a beating to Thor, Terrax destroyed a planet, and Nova caused a super nova. Those are all herald level feats. and yet thor beats surfer. hmmm. destroying a planet is herald lvl? magneto can do that. causing a super nova is herald lvl? firestar opened up a wormhole in space. she's herald lvl too?

Erik-Lensherr
No, it does not. You mother****ing feats determine what level you are. That's how we do it on KMC, deal or get the **** out.

llagrok
Magneto can ruin a planet, he can't cut it in half while being severely weakened after a fight.

quanchi112
Prove your forcefield gun is more effective than a gun that negates powers and adapts to stop opponents.

And the next scan where Borg obliterates a field and adapts instantly to counter it and hit an intangible being.

I'll be waiting. It wouldnt negate the power gem. Sorry but no tech gun is making the power gem ineffective.

Thanos' gun reminds me of when the Infinity Man encased Superman easily in his own containment block. smile Something an agent of the Source used to easily stop Superman Thanos did years ago with his own tech. wink

darthgoober
and yet thor beats surfer.
And? Surfer also beat Air Walker. Thus all three of them are Herald level characters.

hmmm. destroying a planet is herald lvl? magneto can do that.
What makes you think Mags could blow up the planet?

causing a super nova is herald lvl? firestar opened up a wormhole in space. she's herald lvl too?
Didn't Firestar just power a device or something like that? I mean I'm pretty sure she can't just pull wormholes out her ass.

fangirl101
No, it does not. You mother****ing feats determine what level you are. That's how we do it on KMC, deal or get the **** out.

Your essentially claiming that herald+ potential makes them herald level beings which is just wrong. Omega class mutants are an example of how that doesn't work.

y r u swearing? r u ok? do u need a hug? feats determine what lvl you are? then that would mean that when someone picks up the infinity guantlet, they are cannon fodder until they prove other wise?

fangirl101
And? Surfer also beat Air Walker. Thus all three of them are Herald level characters.

What makes you think Mags could blow up the planet?

Didn't Firestar just power a device or something like that? I mean I'm pretty sure she can't just pull wormholes out her ass.

no. she opened up a wormhole using her microwave powers. somethign that takes herald lvl power to do. so now she's a herald?

quanchi112
No, it does not. Your mother****ing feats determine what level you are. That's how we do it on KMC, deal or get the **** out.

Your essentially claiming that herald+ potential makes them herald level beings which is just wrong. Omega class mutants are an example of how that doesn't work. Dont let him bait you into bashing him. No one agrees with his logic as it is.

llagrok
y r u swearing? r u ok? do u need a hug? feats determine what lvl you are? then that would mean that when someone picks up the infinity guantlet, they are cannon fodder until they prove other wise?

Nope, because the Gauntlet has a set powerlevel and automatically makes you imprevous to harm, provides a ridiculous amount of cosmic awareness, etc. The infinity gauntlet does not have a very limited charge, it's ability to function is not funneled by your will power.

quanchi112
y r u swearing? r u ok? do u need a hug? feats determine what lvl you are? then that would mean that when someone picks up the infinity guantlet, they are cannon fodder until they prove other wise? Your comparisons dont make one bit of sense.

Avlon
It wouldnt negate the power gem. Sorry but no tech gun is making the power gem ineffective.

Thanos' gun reminds me of when the Infinity Man encased Superman easily in his own containment block. smile Something an agent of the Source used to easily stop Superman Thanos did years ago with his own tech. wink

The same power gem that has been taken from different owners? The same power gem that a simple forcefield stopped?

Not the best example to be giving buddy, especially when you have already admitted Thor to be slow considering Thanos had time (as you said) to walk and get his gun.

Too bad Borg has access to kryptonian, Oan, New god, Tribunal, Earth, and countless planets worth of tech + rings.

darthgoober
It would... except that it was established in the Infinity Gauntlet Saga that pretty much ANYONE could defeat even the Abstracts of Marvel when they had the IG(it was during Nebula's fight with the abstracts if you're wondering).

fangirl101
It would... except that it was established in the Infinity Gauntlet Saga that pretty much ANYONE could defeat even the Abstracts of Marvel when they had the IG(it was during Nebula's fight with the abstracts if you're wondering). do not the green lanters rings automatically enable massive dmg resistance and shielding? speed, flight, energy, and constructs? i'd say thier resistance to injury alone is up there with the heralds as soon as the ring is put on. and they seem to be better than the rookie gls of yester year.

Bentley
Too bad Borg has access to kryptonian, Oan, New god, Tribunal, Earth, and countless planets worth of tech + rings.

Oan technology has been owned by Monica Rambeau.

Just saying.

llagrok
The same power gem that has been taken from different owners? The same power gem that a simple forcefield stopped?

Not the best example to be giving buddy, especially when you have already admitted Thor to be slow considering Thanos had time (as you said) to walk and get his gun.

You're a champ for still trying, but we both know that Quanchi won't budge.

fangirl101
Oan technology has been owned by Monica Rambeau.

Just saying.

i dont' remember that. i remember her copying the power. owning it? by the same token, oan tech absorbed the power of a cosmic cube.

darthgoober
do not the green lanters rings automatically enable massive dmg resistance and shielding? speed, flight, energy, and constructs? i'd say thier resistance to injury alone is up there with the heralds as soon as the ring is put on. and they seem to be better than the rookie gls of yester year.
No they don't automatically enable those things, otherwise there wouldn't be so many low showings for rookie lanterns.

llagrok
do not the green lanters rings automatically enable massive dmg resistance and shielding? speed, flight, energy, and constructs? i'd say thier resistance to injury alone is up there with the heralds as soon as the ring is put on. and they seem to be better than the rookie gls of yester year.

"massive dmg resistance" ?

Only as much as the user puts into it.

Bentley
i dont' remember that. i remember her copying the power. owning it? by the same token, oan tech absorbed the power of a cosmic cube.

If by that you mean replenishing a ring using a Cube that is meant to grant wishes, and that you can wish to, say, replenish a ring. Yes, I fully agree with you.

I also love to quote myself.

fangirl101
No they don't automatically enable those things, otherwise there wouldn't be so many low showings for rookie lanterns.

they don't? show me where they don't. everytime i see a lantern get a ring, they automatically get a shield and can fly and can blast. the constructs and other stuff takes more will. but the power out put and the life saving shields and speed don't change with will power. hence they are herald lvl the moment they put the ring on. kyle beat major force like early on. a rookie.

quanchi112

Too bad Borg has access to kryptonian, Oan, New god, Tribunal, Earth, and countless planets worth of tech + rings. You are giving him way too much credit. This gun stopped Steel big whoop.

The Im used something similar to easily stop Superman. He was backed by the Source so Thanos doing this with his own tech is an incredible feat as the Source's agent used this to contain Supes.

Again it isnt negating the power gem. It can negate the mighty Steel.

The power gem has had different owners but both of which paled in comparsion to the monster that Thor was with it.

Avlon
You're a champ for still trying, but we both know that Quanchi won't budge.

It's like some never ending version of a Phoenix Wright game...

stick out tongue

Bentley
they don't? show me where they don't. everytime i see a lantern get a ring, they automatically get a shield and can fly and can blast. the constructs and other stuff takes more will. but the power out put and the life saving shields and speed don't change with will power. hence they are herald lvl the moment they put the ring on. kyle beat major force like early on. a rookie.

Ironman has a shield, flies and has a forcefield, I guess he is high herald too.

llagrok

EVERYthing is directly linked to their willpower.

fangirl101
You are giving him way too much credit. This gun stopped Steel big whoop.

The Im used something similar to easily stop Superman. He was backed by the Source so Thanos doing this with his own tech is an incredible feat as the Source's agent used this to contain Supes.

The power gem has had different owners but both of which paled in comparsion to the monster that Thor was with it.

thor was no monster with the pg. he was an ally and as such, his enemies took it easy on him.

fangirl101
Ironman has a shield, flies and has a forcefield, I guess he is high herald too.

high herald? hmm? i've never said the rookies where high herald did i?

fangirl101
EVERYthing is directly linked to their willpower.
if that is the case, then by your own admission, they are chosen for having great will power in the first place, that means they are automatically herald lvl for having great will power. fangirl101: score 1

Bentley
high herald? hmm? i've never said the rookies where high herald did i?

Mocking Bird is a mid herald? Flying, check. Blasts, check. Forcefield, check.

llagrok
if that is the case, then by your own admission, they are chosen for having great will power in the first place, that means they are automatically herald lvl for having great will power. fangirl101: score 1

no, that means they're automatically capable of using the ring.

quanchi112
thor was no monster with the pg. he was an ally and as such, his enemies took it easy on him. Then you are disregarding everyonels caution and the comments they made when dealing with him.

You seem to make up your own rules which completely contradicts the actual story.

Avlon
You are giving him way too much credit. This gun stopped Steel big whoop.

Strangely enough the same gun adapted to stop Steel and Supergirl in completely different ways as their biologies and powersets are completely different.

Except Infinity man powered by the source isn't in this thread and has nothing to do with our simple gun.

A forcefield negated it just fine since Thor was done. Why wouldn't a weapon that affects his very being be just as effective or more? Especially powered by rings.

That and the gem could simply be taken away in a multitude of ways.

Such a monster that a forcefield disabled him and it.

fangirl101
Mocking Bird is a mid herald? Flying, check. Blasts, check. Forcefield, check. you should take the time to read what i'm typing before you attempt at a mock. i said the rookie gl's are herald lvl. no low mid or high was given. mocking bird's forcfield isn't as strong as a rookies. they have an auto protect that kicks thiers into high gear. unless you think mocking bird's field can take a blast from the antimonitor. can she fly fast enough to get to earth from oa before she dies of old age? nope.

fangirl101
no, that means they're automatically capable of using the ring.

they are automatically capable of using the ring as soon as it is on them. when it is, it activates correct? will power=activates ring, those with great will power are chosen, then go thru training. hmm. rookie gl's seem to be better than most are giving credit for. herald lvl in my opinion. we can end this.

llagrok
they are automatically capable of using the ring as soon as it is on them. when it is, it activates correct? will power=activates ring, those with great will power are chosen, then go thru training. hmm. rookie gl's seem to be better than most are giving credit for. herald lvl in my opinion. we can end this.

So you think that EVERY green lantern is automatically on Kilowog and Salaak's level? haermm

quanchi112
Strangely enough the same gun adapted to stop Steel and Supergirl in completely different ways as their biologies and powersets are completely different.

Except Infinity man powered by the source isn't in this thread and has nothing to do with our simple gun.

A forcefield negated it just fine since Thor was done. Why wouldn't a weapon that affects his very being be just as effective or more? Especially powered by rings.

That and the gem could simply be taken away in a multitude of ways.

Such a monster that a forcefield disabled him and it. Steel and Supergirl werent being amped to ridiculous levels by the power gem. Sorry he isnt disabling the power gem with a gun that beat Supergirl and Steel both of which would fall before Thor in seconds.

Im used the same method which is a testament to Thanos tech. smile It is relevant because it was very similar and was used by a very powerful being to deal with Superman.

Did you see the team that was assembled to stop Thor. It wasnt as easy as you are making it out to take his gem. Cyborgs gun would fail and he would fail. Was this gun feat before or after hunter and prey?

quanchi112
So you think that EVERY green lantern is automatically on Kilowog and Salaak's level? haermm laughing out loud

fangirl101
So you think that EVERY green lantern is automatically on Kilowog and Salaak's level? haermm
kilowog is high herald lvl. so no. did i say that? or are you projecting becuz i presented my argument?

fangirl101
how do you block on this site? i need to ignore a poster or two.

Bentley
you should take the time to read what i'm typing before you attempt at a mock. i said the rookie gl's are herald lvl. no low mid or high was given. mocking bird's forcfield isn't as strong as a rookies. they have an auto protect that kicks thiers into high gear. unless you think mocking bird's field can take a blast from the antimonitor. can she fly fast enough to get to earth from oa before she dies of old age? nope.

I'm pointing out how absurd it is to claim that GL's are herald level just because they can do some stuff when they get the ring. To reach herald level GL's need experience using their powers, "auto protect" features have so many low showings is not even funny, such shield would not last three seconds against Magneto.

A GL that doesn't know how to use its powers is akin to a kid Superman, it has potential to do damage but more often than not, he would be beaten because he is lame.

llagrok
Fangirl: You've claimed they're herald level several times....

fangirl101
You've claimed they're herald level several times....

there are different herald lvls correct? silver surfer is differnt from terrax correct? well then, now that we have that covered.

Bentley
how do you block on this site? i need to ignore a poster or two.

You click in the name and the "add to the ignore list", useful in the Storm debates.

Lord Feron

Again you do not get what im saying. Yes Terrax and SS are heralds but since SS has more experience, more skill, more capability of mastering the power cosmic THat is why he is better just like any GL gifted with the ring. The use of the ring/power cosmic determines devastation. Terrax is not as a high herald as SS and i thgink everyone agrees with that. But he is a mid herald ballpark.

Avlon
Steel and Supergirl werent being amped to ridiculous levels by the power gem. Sorry he isnt disabling the power gem with a gun that beat Supergirl and Steel both of which would fall before Thor in seconds.

Doesn't matter what power levesl they are at. What matters is how it works. It adapted to disable them in different ways. Considering Borgs abilities, adapting it for Thor is a no brainer.

Look at how easily he adapted to Superman blues field. smile

Im used the same method which is a testament to Thanos tech. smile It is relevant because it was very similar and was used by a very powerful being to deal with Superman.

Spiderman throws a punch just like Thanos throws a punch...therefore, it is a testament to spideys fists.

That is about how ridiculous your example was. Infinity man has nothing to do with this thread.

Did you see the team that was assembled to stop Thor. It wasnt as easy as you are making it out to take his gem. Cyborgs gun would fail and he would fail. Was this gun feat before or after hunter and prey?

The same team that was still taking it easy on their pal who they knew was out of his mind. Considering that Borg can create multiple bodies, tech constructs of any size, and ring constructs..that sounds like multiple ways to do such a thing.

Drax lost his with a punch to the stomach. Thor lost to a gun. LOL You can't even state if Thor was truly amped with that gem or not since Thanos with the power gem was briefly KO'd by Thor. smile

You can keep trying, but you aren't going to win.

Lord Feron

*hi five* can't agree more.

Lord Feron
do not the green lanters rings automatically enable massive dmg resistance and shielding? speed, flight, energy, and constructs? i'd say thier resistance to injury alone is up there with the heralds as soon as the ring is put on. and they seem to be better than the rookie gls of yester year. Th eresistence is not a given. I GL must be able to have the capability to will his sheild to be strong. A rookie GL would not be able to make a forcefield of do anything with the ring to a degree say HAl could. so no just having a ring does not give you herald status... it is more than that.

llagrok
there are different herald lvls correct? silver surfer is differnt from terrax correct? well then, now that we have that covered.

You've just got speculations and assumptions.

You have absolutely NO feats that back up your statements. I on the other hand, have dozens of examples where green lanterns fail to operate on low herald levels.

quanchi112
Doesn't matter what power levesl they are at. What matters is how it works. It adapted to disable them in different ways. Considering Borgs abilities, adapting it for Thor is a no brainer.

Look at how easily he adapted to Superman blues field. smile

Spiderman throws a punch just like Thanos throws a punch...therefore, it is a testament to spideys fists.

That is about how ridiculous your example was. Infinity man has nothing to do with this thread.

The same team that was still taking it easy on their pal who they knew was out of his mind. Considering that Borg can create multiple bodies, tech constructs of any size, and ring constructs..that sounds like multiple ways to do such a thing.

Drax lost his with a punch to the stomach. Thor lost to a gun. LOL You can't even state if Thor was truly amped with that gem or not since Thanos with the power gem was briefly KO'd by Thor. smile

You can keep trying, but you aren't going to win. I won a long time ago. But Ill keep playing along.

Comparing a fist to an energy field that contains your opponent is a faulty comparison. Not many have done this to powerful characters but Thanos and the Im have.

I have a question for this gun. Could it disable Superman Prime,Superman,Odin,Galactus? Since you say it doesnt matter and it adapts. Answer me who it would work against. Tell me who it would work on.

There are lots of times in comics the heroes band together and put their friend down. If you saw the cast of heroes gathered together and that they couldnt do it its a testament to Thanos' resourcefulness on the fly.

When his gun fails the Borg gets stomped.

Avlon
I won a long time ago. But Ill keep playing along.

Being in denial doesn't mean you've won. smile

Comparing a fist to an energy field that contains your opponent is a faulty comparison. Not many have done this to powerful characters but Thanos and the Im have.

LOL @ this Infinity man example. Let's get back to basics since IM or the source has nothing to do with this thread.

Forcefield gun > Power gem Thor. He was subdued...something that with Borgs tech ability wouldn't be hard to replicate if he chose that route himself.

A faulty comparison is that you want to downplay anyone who isn't Thanos.

I have a question for this gun. Could it disable Superman Prime,Superman,Odin,Galactus? Since you say it doesnt matter and it adapts. Answer me who it would work against. Tell me who it would work on.

Can Thanos gun do so? That was just a sad attempt to compensate for your lack of argument.

There are lots of times in comics the heroes band together and put their friend down. If you saw the cast of heroes gathered together and that they couldnt do it its a testament to Thanos' resourcefulness on the fly.

So Thanos built this gun with superspeed? Getting a gun that happens to be in the vicinity counts as prep...and further defeats your argument.

Too bad Henshaw can create these types of things on the fly.

When his gun fails the Borg gets stomped.

Considering it's more advanced that the one Thanos used, you're out on a limb. Plus the superior speed, multiple bodies, adaptable tech, power amping through his own rings, forcefields, shields, etc.

You can try again, but really...it's just getting sad.

Superherovandal
Hank has adapted guns that can take out planets easily enough. Plus he has a 10 weapons that can easily do that too.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>