Adam Warlock VS Vulcan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

draxx_tOfU
First Battle, w/ Soul Gem Infinity Watch version...

Second Battle, w/o Soul Gem Pre-IG...

who wins?

guy222
AW

celestialdemon
Warlock wins them both.

draxx_tOfU
How?...

guy222
Soul Gem

draxx_tOfU
Ok...

how about the one without?...

guy222
I like Vulcan, but too much hype

Adam will find a way to win the other battle

leonidas
vulcan can win the one where he doesn't have the gem, and it is theoretically possible that he could control the gem's energy. quasar was able to duplicate and use its signature. it is within vulcan's powerset to do so, though there is no real canon evidence to say he would do so if they met. there is a what if where he controlled the m'kran crystal but again, non-canon, but also a logical extension of his powerset.

psycho gundam
1) gabriel gets a first class ticket to soul world

2)adam may be able to persuade him to stop fighting, after all adam is marvel's version of jesus/moses.

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by leonidas
vulcan can win the one where he doesn't have the gem, and it is theoretically possible that he could control the gem's energy. quasar was able to duplicate and use its signature. it is within vulcan's powerset to do so, though there is no real canon evidence to say he would do so if they met. there is a what if where he controlled the m'kran crystal but again, non-canon, but also a logical extension of his powerset.

nice Leo...

was the soul gem that Q manipulated the uber yet inert gem or the one that gained sentience with vampiric tendencies?...

Ouallada
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
nice Leo...

was the soul gem that Q manipulated the uber yet inert gem or the one that gained sentience with vampiric tendencies?...

Was this during Infinity War? Didn't his attempt backfire or something?

draxx_tOfU
Infinity Crusade I think...

not that I recall, Adam's punked Wendell, two or three times?...

Ouallada
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
Infinity Crusade I think...

not that I recall, Adam's punked Wendell, two or three times?...

The time I recall is when earth's superheroes were battling the IW, and Quasar tried to manipulate the soul gem. My memory on this is a little hazy though.

I think Warlock is 2-0.

This is the scan of that incident, credit to the AW respect thread:

http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/vsquasar1.jpg

draxx_tOfU
that is Quasar being blasted...

i thought you meant it was adam's efforts that backfired my bad...

Lord Feron
Originally posted by leonidas

i agree but Vulcan needs more showings but i theory just look at his power set it seems like he should be able to control and manipulate any source of energy. Ahh well Walock is badass. due to logical process of reviewing feats and blah blah warlock wins in both i think.

DigiMark007
Also, the idea that someone could wrest control of Soul Gem energy away from AW, whose being is intrinsically tied to the gem, is a reach, to put it lightly.

He wins either one. A lot of his powers became less powerful when he had the gem, so you could make the case that AW without the gem is actually the tougher fight (you'd need to discount the soul suck, which actually isn't as fool-proof as the forum seems to think, but meh).

leonidas
Originally posted by Ouallada
The time I recall is when earth's superheroes were battling the IW, and Quasar tried to manipulate the soul gem. My memory on this is a little hazy though.

I think Warlock is 2-0.

This is the scan of that incident, credit to the AW respect thread:

http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/vsquasar1.jpg

that's not the one i'm thinking of. i'll see if i can dig it up. and digi, i'm not saying gabe could wrest control of the gem from adam, just keep its energies from affecting him or maybe absorbing it. in theory he might be able to turn it BACK on adam, but that doesn't mean vulcan controls the gem itself per se. and like i said, just a theory. based on feats, aw would win though without the gem i think gabe could more realistically take him.

guy222
aw
aw

Endrict Nuul
AW stomps...

Lord S
Warlock

Jugglenaut
Warlock beats him to death with his fists.

alpsman3
This already happened in the War of Kings event, and Adam Warlock fled from the battle because he realized Vulcan was absorbing energy from the universe it's self and knew that he could not defeat him. So I do not really understand why everyone is saying that AW curbstomps laughing laughing laughing

DarkSaint85
AW absolutely spitestomps here, especially with the necro bump.

https://static4.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11124/111246093/5163543-thanos---the-infinity-finale-%282016%29-%28digital-empire%29-098.jpg

alpsman3
Vulcan defeated Adam in the comics though!

DarkSaint85
He's not at that level any longer. Certainly not since this thread was bumped.

Adam is far more powerful. It's like using scans of Batman Year One to support current Batman.

alpsman3
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He's not at that level any longer. Certainly not since this thread was bumped.

Adam is far more powerful. It's like using scans of Batman Year One to support current Batman.

Yeah but this battle isn't using the most recent versions of Adam Warlock otherwise that would be unfair, this battle is using the Infinity watch version and the pre IG version of AW.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by alpsman3
Yeah but this battle isn't using the most recent versions of Adam Warlock otherwise that would be unfair.

Nor is it using the version that lost to Vulcan smile

alpsman3
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Nor is it using the version that lost to Vulcan smile

fair enough, but I just personally believe that he would lose this battle. Just my opinion smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.