greatest dual in starwars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Atticus
whats your fav and what do think is the greatest?

Blax_Hydralisk
The one where those two guys were fighting with the lightsabers. I loved that one.

Darth Exodus
I don't know...... I didn't really understand that fight. I didn't get the impression that it was really happening.

xxxpoppunker182
I personally am a big fan of the luke vs vader fight from Rotj along with obi-wan and anakin vs dooku in rots but those are from the movies in th e.u. i'm goin to have to think for a little while longer.

Lord Knightfa11
its a toss up between:
"Sister, you have a sister, your thoughts betray her as they do your freinds. IF you will not join me, then perhaps she will"
"NEVER"
pimped music, amaizing emotion, and really the climax of the whole sextulogy (is that even a word?)

and the esb "i am your father" is the other contendor.

truejedi
TPM, when Qui Gonn dies. The most realistic climax to any lightsaber battle. Qui Gonn is the only Jedi or Sith to die without his "freeze" moment at the end.

Lord Knightfa11
there is also the "you are revan" fight. That is one of the greatest.

Atticus
my fav is probably grievous versus 6 jedi in the clone wars.

dunno what the greatest is.

skywalker833
Originally posted by truejedi
TPM, when Qui Gonn dies. The most realistic climax to any lightsaber battle. Qui Gonn is the only Jedi or Sith to die without his "freeze" moment at the end.

Are you joking?! He had the biggest "freeze" moment. I always hated how he just held his lightsaber high and let maul stab him in the gut.

Blax_Hydralisk
If you didn't remember.. he kinda got like headbutted... with a lightsaber hilt.

I'd be zonked out as well.

Blue_Hefner
My fav. is the Battle in the Arena in AOTC

Lord Knightfa11
i guess thats where you see all the jedi fighting at one time.

Lt. Valerian
Many of the ones you people have mentioned are my favorites.

1. Grievous vs. six Jedi (CW) - just complete coolness.
2. I actually loved the ROTS battle, Kenobi vs. Skywalker. Come on, you don't fool anybody, you guys were itching for that fight, as well.
3. Qui-Gon & Kenobi vs. Darth Maul - I agree with the 'freeze moment' comment, it's one of the few battles in which the Jedi/Sith dies realistically. Plus, the fight is awesome.
4. The Revan vs. Malak fight was probably one of the best, in my opinion.
5. The Arena Battle.

exanda kane
Empire Strikes Back of course.

truejedi
Originally posted by skywalker833
Are you joking?! He had the biggest "freeze" moment. I always hated how he just held his lightsaber high and let maul stab him in the gut.

well, he was still fighting... he got hit, so he jerked back, he was still trying to bring his saber back down when he got stabbed. He was in the process of fighting back.. in most of the others, they seriously just don't try to block the final attack.

Lt. Valerian
How predictible. stick out tongue

truejedi
grievous against the four jedi from the ROTS prequel novelization (one again title escapes me) was a pretty good duel too.

skywalker833
Yeah, though you could see them freeze in that one.
I liked the ESB one. That one is a classic.

Tangible God
I'm rather fond of the TPM three-way, and the Mustafar one was quite good.

If I had to pick though it would be tie between ROTJ and ESB, you just can't beat the OT ones.

exanda kane
Originally posted by Tangible God
I'm rather fond of the TPM three-way

Sounds naughty.

skywalker833
Originally posted by exanda kane
Sounds naughty.
lol

Lord Knightfa11
greatest duel eveR

STar wars unity when those two guys were practicing their lightsaber fighting. so much was at stake!

Stun
lol, why do i get the sense we've seen this kind of thread 700 times before? oh, i'm not knocking it! it's just the lack of original subjects in this forum. You could spice it up a bit, you know? stick out tongue

pgdarth95
grivious vs kenobi short but good

chilled monkey
'Spoilers for Rule of Two.'

While it isn't a duel strictly speaking (a duel is a fight between two individuals), my favourite would have to be Bane and Zannah vs Farfalla, Johun, Raskta, Worrer and Sarro.

That was probably the most thrilling lightsabre battle I've ever read. My favourite part would have to be Zannah vs Sarro.

Sarro is a giant who's bigger and stronger (physically) than Bane, is armed with a massive sabrestaff that gives him great reach, is an elite fighter (described as having "elevated the art of combat to it's purest and highest form"wink trained by the Jedi Weapons Master and best duellist of her Era, AND his powers are being boosted by Worrer's Battle Meditation. Despite all that Zannah still holds her own against him and when he's distracted for a second, she uses sorcery to beat him.

Awesome!

travis135
the best moment in star wars ever!

not even in the movies......

revans 1st(leviathan) and 2nd(star forge) fight with malak

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.