Skyfather vs Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Marvelknight
Highfather vs. Odin

Who wins?

DigiMark007
Skyfather generally refers to a group of people (Odin among them). Is there a Skyfather character I'm unaware of? Highfather's a character (DC, New Gods, etc.). But that's about it.

Marvelknight
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Skyfather generally refers to a group of people (Odin among them). Is there a Skyfather character I'm unaware of? Highfather's a character (DC, New Gods, etc.). But that's about it.

My bad. I mean Highfather.

fangirl101
Odin.

Priest
Odin wins, Oh and Skyfather is coined as a marvel description for the head of a Pantheon

fangirl101
Originally posted by Priest
Odin wins, Oh and Skyfather is coined as a marvel description for the head of a Pantheon

i thought they got it from dc who refers to all of the more powerful gods as skygods. taken from the real origin here:http://www.experiencefestival.com/a/SKYFATHER/id/188593

guy222
odin

Priest
Originally posted by fangirl101
i thought they got it from dc who refers to all of the more powerful gods as skygods. taken from the real origin here:http://www.experiencefestival.com/a/SKYFATHER/id/188593
Meh, that link that u posted seemed useless.
I never heard the person or a New God being described as a Skyfather in DC, I did read in Marvel books a few times, usually books with Odin in it.

But i can be wrong erm

DigiMark007
Companies borrow ideas and terms constantly. Origin company doesn't really matter, and would likely be impossible to figure out for sure...it's more synonymous with Odin and the other pantheon leaders in Marvel, regardless of where it was started.

guy222
odin

Knowsbleed33
Odin

quanchi112
Odin could take on three high fathers and smash them all.

UKR
Odin is far beyond the level of any New God. Average DC gods are more powerful than average Marvel ones but the few strong gods of every Marvel pantheon are probably stronger than any god of most DC pantheons.

fangirl101
Originally posted by UKR
Odin is far beyond the level of any New God. Average DC gods are more powerful than average Marvel ones but the few strong gods of every Marvel pantheon are probably stronger than any god of most DC pantheons. Orly? Becuz Odin, Zeus and Jove Pwned the combined Source. and Odin says that DS had grown powerful enough to actually challenge him.

UKR
Orly? Becuz Odin, Zeus and Jove Pwned the combined Source. and Odin says that DS had grown powerful enough to actually challenge him.

When did Odin say that? Marvel Odin or DC Odin? And the source must be pretty weak. DC sky fathers don't destroy galaxies or own heralds or do any of those things. I know it seems overplayed but it's true that even when Darkseid was powerful he had to take (post Crisis) Superman seriously. I just don't see a galaxy-buster being that weak. DC's sky fathers just don't strike me as being that powerful. In truth I've always thought that DC pantheons were like the strongest superhero teams. They're really powerful compared to most, but not all heroes, but they're not really cosmic. The fact that it was once stated (I forget which character by) that Superman at age 17 was equal to any Greek or New God gives me a hard time believing that DC's gods register on the universe's power meter the way Marvel's used to. The same Superman who strains to move the moon even with WW and GL's help? The same Superman who gets a power-up (sun dip) and still strains to move the Earth with WW and MM's help? He wouldn't even catch Marvel Odin's attention. I believe I saw a scan where Thor actually says that Galactus' power rivals even Odin's (and therefore, one can assume vice versa to be true, but then again this was back in the Silver Age when the Asgardians were a lot more important than in later times). DC skyfathers must take Superman seriously...Marvel Odin, I believe, once destroyed galaxies and shook the multiverse.

fangirl101
Originally posted by UKR
When did Odin say that? Marvel Odin or DC Odin? And the source must be pretty weak. DC sky fathers don't destroy galaxies or own heralds or do any of those things. I know it seems overplayed but it's true that even when Darkseid was powerful he had to take (post Crisis) Superman seriously. I just don't see a galaxy-buster being that weak. DC's sky fathers just don't strike me as being that powerful. In truth I've always thought that DC pantheons were like the strongest superhero teams. They're really powerful compared to most, but not all heroes, but they're not really cosmic. The fact that it was once stated (I forget which character by) that Superman at age 17 was equal to any Greek or New God gives me a hard time believing that DC's gods register on the universe's power meter the way Marvel's used to. The same Superman who strains to move the moon even with WW and GL's help? The same Superman who gets a power-up (sun dip) and still strains to move the Earth with WW and MM's help? He wouldn't even catch Marvel Odin's attention. I believe I saw a scan where Thor actually says that Galactus' power rivals even Odin's (and therefore, one can assume vice versa to be true, but then again this was back in the Silver Age when the Asgardians were a lot more important than in later times). DC skyfathers must take Superman seriously...Marvel Odin, I believe, once destroyed galaxies and shook the multiverse. Are you kidding me? this entire post is a hoot. lmao. where do I begin.

kevdude
Originally posted by UKR
When did Odin say that? Marvel Odin or DC Odin? And the source must be pretty weak. DC sky fathers don't destroy galaxies or own heralds or do any of those things. I know it seems overplayed but it's true that even when Darkseid was powerful he had to take (post Crisis) Superman seriously. I just don't see a galaxy-buster being that weak. DC's sky fathers just don't strike me as being that powerful. In truth I've always thought that DC pantheons were like the strongest superhero teams. They're really powerful compared to most, but not all heroes, but they're not really cosmic. The fact that it was once stated (I forget which character by) that Superman at age 17 was equal to any Greek or New God gives me a hard time believing that DC's gods register on the universe's power meter the way Marvel's used to. The same Superman who strains to move the moon even with WW and GL's help? The same Superman who gets a power-up (sun dip) and still strains to move the Earth with WW and MM's help? He wouldn't even catch Marvel Odin's attention. I believe I saw a scan where Thor actually says that Galactus' power rivals even Odin's (and therefore, one can assume vice versa to be true, but then again this was back in the Silver Age when the Asgardians were a lot more important than in later times). DC skyfathers must take Superman seriously...Marvel Odin, I believe, once destroyed galaxies and shook the multiverse.

Weak? No that shows how extremely powerful they are, tho the Source knew about it before hand but didn't change a thing as it was suppose to happen.. wink

Bentley
The source jobs.

Make this your signature.

fangirl101
Originally posted by UKR
DC skyfather's are weak? And yet they somenow power Black Adam, Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman, Wonder Girl, Black Mary, Stayne, Takion, Etc. Do oyu know that New gods have created and held universes in thier hands? These are lessor Gods. far under DS or DS. And DC odin is one of the mightiest of Gods. Able to create a pocket universe to hold surtur. the same guy who was stalemating a 5d imp and the jsa. Do you read dc? Or just look at scans that haters on the other boards put up. You know the ones put up out of context. Superman was not sun amped when HOLDING THE EARTH in orbit. YOu should do some research before taking the time out to type of whole paragraph of crap.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Bentley
The source jobs.

Make this your signature.
Odin Jobs.
The LT Jobs
Thanos Jobbers himself.
Surfer Jobs.
Thor Jobs.
TOAA jobs.

Live by it.

quanchi112
Shazam is a respectable skyfather imo when it comes to power level. Darkseid and Izaya prior to fc(I know Izaya hasnt been shown yet,but all the new gods power levels rose according to this writer) are top tier level imo and nowhere near skyfather level.

Bentley
TOAA jobs.

When has that happened? You mean the Celestial?

quanchi112
Odin Jobs.
The LT Jobs
Thanos Jobbers himself.
Surfer Jobs.
Thor Jobs.
TOAA jobs.

Live by it. When?

fangirl101
When has that happened? You mean the Celestial?
He jobbed when he couldn't fix a universal flaw and had to have thanos do it. That is a big jobber. He jobbed when he let the beyonder come into his hood and take over.

Bentley
He jobbed when he couldn't fix a universal flaw and had to have thanos do it. That is a big jobber. He jobbed when he let the beyonder come into his hood and take over.

You mean when things happened exactly how TOAA wanted them to happen?

I guess that Reed jobs to everyone when he owns people with his prep.

quanchi112

I guess that Reed jobs to everyone when he owns people with him prep. laughing out loud

fangirl101

I guess that Reed jobs to everyone when he owns people with his prep.
So if everything happened exactly how TOAA wanted them to, then when did Thanos ever have control? Ha. catch 22. either thanos was never God, or TOAA jobbed. Take your pick.

Bentley
So if everything happened exactly how TOAA wanted them to, then when did Thanos ever have control? Ha. catch 22. either thanos was never God, or TOAA jobbed. Take your pick.

I think you jumped several implications there, care to explain why we can only pick between those options?

fangirl101
I think you jumped several implications there, care to explain why we can only pick between those options?
The Supreme being is always in control. So if everything happened the way TOAA wanted it to, then he was always Supreme and Thanos never was. Or TOAA couldn't fix the flaw becuz he is NOT supreme and lacked the will, and thus a jobber,and Thanos fixed the flaw. You can't have it both ways. It has to be one or the other.

Bentley
The Supreme being is always in control. So if everything happened the way TOAA wanted it to, then he was always Supreme and Thanos never was.

Why? He is always in control, he controlled the final result. What does Thanos having power or not has to do with anything?

Or TOAA couldn't fix the flaw becuz he is NOT supreme and lacked the will, and thus a jobber,and Thanos fixed the flaw. You can't have it both ways. It has to be one or the other.

TOAA fixed the flaw using Thanos. Where does this lack of will idea comes from? The flaw was fixed when and how TOAA wanted, everything to his will and how he elected to do it.

Is the flaw fixed? Yes. TOAA wanted to fix it? Yeah. So? I don't see the problem.

cloud102
Actually, The Old Gods of the DCU are extremely powerful. Orion was at awe of some of them and 3 Old Gods split the Source in half, which is a crazy feat.

Bentley
Originally posted by cloud102
Actually, The Old Gods of the DCU are extremely powerful. Orion was at awe of some of them and 3 Old Gods split the Source in half, which is a crazy feat.

And yet again, another time in which the Source jobs.

(Not to diminish the feat, the old gods head and shoulders above other characters, but if we take the Source as actually omnipotent, it happens to job as much as Eternity)

cloud102
Still a nice feat to have. Something is better than nothing, seeing as these Old Gods have very little showings.

Odin also created a pocket universe, which is cool.

Bentley
Still a nice feat to have. Something is better than nothing, seeing as these Old Gods have very little showings.

I agree since I would take someone who can challenge Eternity (even jobbing) under his own power before simple no-feat Tyrant-like characters.

Priest

I heard about this, u know what issue?

guy222
Stay on topic friends. All the talk about the TOAA will prolly close another thread

Odin wins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.