Samus Aran vs Ryu Hayabusa: The Rematch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
Their last epic battle ended in outside interference from Metroids, Space Pirates, Viggorian soldiers and Demons.

Now, it is time for Round two.

ROUND ONE: NINTENDO BATTLE! Classic Ryu and Classic Samus in their NES versions.

ROUND TWO: SUPER NINTENDO BATTLE! Samus and Ryu in their SNES versions

ROUND THREE: NEXT-GEN BATTLE Samus and Ryu on the Gamecube/Wii and the PS3/Xbox, respectively

Csdabest
Round one: Samus
Round two: Ryu Hayabusa
Round three: Could go either way given the abilities of either worrior sense i dont see any limits placed. But my vote goes to Ryu hayabusa.

Blax_Hydralisk
Samus has got the superior fire power... but I think Ryu's got the versatility. If he gets in close it's over for her. Her only hope is to keep him at a distance.

Keollyn
I'll assume all canon sources are still relevant. Samus is faster than Ryu then. Add that to her superior weaponry and Ryu would lose in short time.

Blax_Hydralisk
She's... faster? In what way? Moving speed, combat speed, reflexes.. etc? Samsu always struck me as kind of... uh... not "clunky" so much as... clunky.

Keollyn
She outran whatever those futuristic guns shoot when she wasn't even near the intended target twice. Once outside of armor and one with armor. She mach 17 with her speedboosters according to official source.

Dark-Jaxx
At running, Ryu has the faster reflexes.

Csdabest
Yeah and Ninja Gaiden 2 with his speed dash. His speed is probably on par with Loz. Which some people even say he is on par with the speed of Omega weiss sadly. But hey thats them. But Ryu Gets some crazy speed boost. He basically move as fast as he did when he performed Storm of the Heavenly dragon.

Also where is the canon source of her speed. I know when she has speed boosters her speed is to be reconned with. But i would like an example or a source. Also June 3rd Ryu will definetly take next gen. If you all want to wait. Because

Art of the Peircing Void= instant pwn

Keollyn
The official manga and the description within Super Metroid.

Dark-Jaxx
Metroid has an official manga?

Csdabest
O_o yeah thats what I was wondering. and wow.....Manga gives charries such crazy powers.

Whats the manga called so I can look it up and check it copyright information.

General Kaliero
This is the official e-Manga, and a rather good translation (minus the nifty sound and animation) is here. Quite the cool little activity. It details her life at the age of 3 on the K-2L mining colony, followed by the Space Pirate attack which only she survived. The Chozo found and took her in, infusing her with Chozo blood/DNA, which gives her enhanced physical abilities, including strength, speed, and jumping ability. The manga shows this in the second chapter, where she is a teen in training.

Dark-Jaxx
Meh...Pyron would kick her ass.

What are her reflexes?

Csdabest
It sucks cuz Manga gives like the most Craziess power boost.

Keollyn
Actually, I doubt it's a boost. You have to remember that they already depict Samus as superhuman in the games. It's just graphcs limitation cannot display that.

I mean, even in the game, they've stated she lived on a planet that would kill even the toughest human in 3 days.

Csdabest
Yeah but Mach 17? with her speed boosters....Thats on hell of a speed boost.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by General Kaliero
This is the official e-Manga, and a rather good translation (minus the nifty sound and animation) is here. Quite the cool little activity. It details her life at the age of 3 on the K-2L mining colony, followed by the Space Pirate attack which only she survived. The Chozo found and took her in, infusing her with Chozo blood/DNA, which gives her enhanced physical abilities, including strength, speed, and jumping ability. The manga shows this in the second chapter, where she is a teen in training.

mmm... I can't tell if it's supposed to be read from right to left like a traditional manga or left to right like a.. non-traditional manga.

General Kaliero
Well, the most obvious answer is to read the speech bubbles as they come up... which is generally right to left.

On the battle itself... I don't know much about Ryu, but SNES Samus (specifically from Super Metroid) was one of the most powerful video game characters of that era.

Csdabest
I gave it to Snes Ryu because Thats the one where Ryu Has his Immortall Clones and Samus is really doing much about those.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.