What would you do if you had powers? (yes its a debate?)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Feron
MAke it obvious to everyone and try and be confrontational? or keep your powers a secret? Or secretly work with a organization of some sort?

I personally would try and keep it a secret but still use my powers to benefit me. I would never make it known to everyone and or work for anyone who would know about my powers.

nimbus006
Depends on the type of powers I had.

For the most part, I would try to keep my powers a secret as long as possible.

Galan007
This should be in the general 'Comic Books' forum.

Anyhow, I'd keep them secret - I wouldn't want that kind of constant attention.

Entity
Originally posted by nimbus006
Depends on the type of powers I had.

For the most part, I would try to keep my powers a secret as long as possible. Pretty much what he said. As it would really depend on what powers I gained as to how I would deal with it.

More than likely thou I'm going to do my best to keep it secret as to who I am or what I could really do. At least for as long as I can but, lets be serious we live in the real world and if anyone really did some how gain abilities and start to use them we have things like surveillance, C.S.I. and just plan obvious observation. Something almost all comics tend to ignore. 90% of the mask heroes wear wouldn't accomplish shit in reality. And there's just to many alternative ways to discover someones identity.

psycho gundam
world domination evil face

Erik-Lensherr
It depends what powers I'd have but, in most cases, I'd keep it a secret.

Eon Blue
I would show off, and become rich in the process.

Mr. Slippyfist
'I'd bang some sluts.'

Symmetric Chaos
Psycho rampage.

This isn't really a debate and it's not versus at all.

DigiMark007
I've had this discussion with friends more than once....which archetype, power set, and choices fit our personalities the best. It was decided that I'd be Spider-Man almost to the smallest details. I wouldn't want to go public, I'd lean more toward pacifism than most, have an occasionally hilarious yet painfully bad sense of humor, would be awkward around women, and I'd probably struggle to make rent.

Arcarsenal
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
'I'd bang some sluts.'

Astner
Kill all men, children, elder and infected women.

janus77
definitely keep it quiet and go about mastering my powers.
once I was confident that i understood my powers properly, I'd probably use them to pull women and make money.

then when I became filthy rich, I'd set out on a philanthropic quest. and maybe, if my powers were of the nature of Superman or Surfer, go about searching for habitable planets and developing transportation systems to allow the human race to expand into the universe.

psycho gundam
^then aliens discover and attack earth thus making you more hated than the hulk and you become a caged animal who turns evil.

just start out evil like i would.

janus77
nah, if the aliens attack Earth, we'll still have a few planets left from which to scheme and plan our revenge.

also, evil's got a very very short shelf life... slay a few people, ravage a few wenches... then it's "what happened to my social life?", "why wasn't I invited to the party?" no expression.

we are social animals, imo.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Psycho rampage.

I'd probably do that for stress relief and sheer fun at least once, especially if I had something that would let me get away with it, like time stop or high end TP.

nimbus006
Originally posted by janus77

then when I became filthy rich, I'd set out on a philanthropic quest. and maybe, if my powers were of the nature of Superman or Surfer, go about searching for habitable planets and developing transportation systems to allow the human race to expand into the universe.

If I could fly at certain speeds and survive in the vacuum of space, I would definitely set out on a Universal exploration journey. Not only to find life, but just to see the Universe and all the incredible phenomena within it.

Faceman
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I've had this discussion with friends more than once....which archetype, power set, and choices fit our personalities the best. It was decided that I'd be Spider-Man almost to the smallest details. I wouldn't want to go public, I'd lean more toward pacifism than most, have an occasionally hilarious yet painfully bad sense of humor, would be awkward around women, and I'd probably struggle to make rent.

So would you put a mask on and rob an occasional bank or two ?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Faceman
So would you put a mask on and rob an occasional bank or two ?

Does Spidey?

Starscream M
I would:

1) quit school

2) show off my powers to the national media

3) become an instant celebrity

4) denounce world religions and claim that I am a messenger from God and that people should worship me

5) enjoy life

btw, I daydream about having superpowers every day

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Starscream M
btw, I masturbate about having superpowers every day

Fixed.

crackers

Faceman
Does Spidey?

No , but yet again Spidey is a fictional character. You're not . I've also put some thought into this. And I came up with the conclusion that yes I would rob. But I would only rob from criminals, drug dealers ect. And I wouldn't do it all the time, just every once in a while. Much like a modern day Robin Hood I would give some of the money to the poor.....

Starscream M
Fixed.

crackers reported no expression

cmack
i would work for the cia, and help my country battle the red army, and bring an end to communism

Starscream M
Originally posted by cmack
i would work for the cia, and help my country battle the red army, and bring an end to communism the red army?! wake up...the cold war ended...a coupla decades ago.

Faceman
the red army?! wake up...the cold war ended...a coupla decades ago.

Not really. We're still fighting a secret cold war just 90 miles from United States territory...

Symmetric Chaos
As a practical consideration if you lacked invulnerability or the equivalent you would have to keep yourself hidden because (being unprotected by a character shield) someone would almost certainly kill you otherwise.

Starscream M
As a practical consideration if you lacked invulnerability or the equivalent you would have to keep yourself hidden because (being unprotected by a character shield) someone would almost certainly kill you otherwise. not necessarily

you use your powers

become instant celebrity

companies pay you millions even billions for endorsements

millions of people think you're some kind of god

you hire the best secret service agents to protect you

cmack
you have been fooled by the media, the cold war is secretly being fought as we speak, with spies assassins and espionage, i just want to do my part as a young american soldier born with a gift, i can sway the tides and erase communism from existence

Dark-Jaxx
That depends, what kind?

If I had say...Omniversal reality warping or something like that, I would, you know, control the Omniverse.

If I had powers like Superman, become a superhero like he did, only I wouldn't be a boyscout.

If I had SMP's powers...WORLD DOMINATION!!!

Symmetric Chaos
not necessarily

you use your powers

become instant celebrity

companies pay you millions even billions for endorsements

millions of people think you're some kind of god

you hire the best secret service agents to protect you

You'd get killed by a fanatic or government long before you have a chance to hire bodyguards.

Zeitgeist
Hell, SC would track you down with a gun just to prove his point.

-------------------

Anyways, assuming that the powers are relatively low level (mild super strength, bulletproof, etc.), I'd daydream about being a hero, maybe draw up a costume, then find little practical application and see it as a pain in the ass to keep a secret from the CIA and associated laboratories.

Entity
Street Level, I'd probably either work for the police or fire department, without their knowledge of my powers or just try and lay low at night and stuff and just do what I can to help improve my community on a personal and average level.

Mid-tier level, I'd still try and keep quite but also try and have an official look if only some special form of street clothes and a full faced mask of some sort. Probably a total helmet.

Herald, probably eventually just make my existence fully known and try and work with authorities but not under their control. I'd probably end up revealing my identity to the public if I either felt my family would be safe or I could protect them or if I should lose them.

Sub-Skyfather, screw anonymity, no ones doing shit to me. Except for god himself, assuming there is one, which I personally believe there isn't.

Still like I've said it would also depend allot on exactly what powers I'd received and what I did with them to be more specific.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Faceman
No , but yet again Spidey is a fictional character. You're not . I've also put some thought into this. And I came up with the conclusion that yes I would rob. But I would only rob from criminals, drug dealers ect. And I wouldn't do it all the time, just every once in a while. Much like a modern day Robin Hood I would give some of the money to the poor.....

Well, I wouldn't. Not for my own benefit at least. If you're stealing from thieves and redistributing, I don't actually consider that theft in a legal sense.

And don't get me wrong. I'd take a fair number of Herald-level powers any day over being Spidey (though either would be sweet as hell). But his power set fits my personal idiom, not just personality-wise but physically as well....any sport that I play, I play like he fights. Quick, darting, off balance, etc.

Zeitgeist
Bruce Wayne seems to fit my personal idiom if this is a sports comaparison then.

(I typically sit in the darkest corner, chuck things at people and shout "I'm Batman!"wink

psycho gundam
well, i do muay thai so...thats already sky-father level stick out tongue

Lord Feron
Psycho rampage.

yea i lied lol

Lord Feron
Originally posted by janus77
definitely keep it quiet and go about mastering my powers.
once I was confident that i understood my powers properly, I'd probably use them to pull women and make money.

thats pretty noble answer. good for you! big grin

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Zeitgeist
Bruce Wayne seems to fit my personal idiom if this is a sports comaparison then.

(I typically sit in the darkest corner, chuck things at people and shout "I'm Batman!"wink laughing

King Kandy
Take over the world.

Nihilist
keep it a secret,and punish wrong doers like drug dealers,pedophiles,rapist etc.

Mindship
Originally posted by Lord Feron
MAke it obvious to everyone and try and be confrontational? or keep your powers a secret? Or secretly work with a organization of some sort? I'd keep my identity a secret and pop up here and there to play tag with the US military. In the interim, I'd fight for truth, justice and the Golden Rule way

rock

Lord Feron
yeah if i had herald lvl powers I would def stop alot of bad sh*t in the world. I would go to the ppl who have escaped the reach of the law deliver judgement.

Darth Creasy
Street Level -Kick the living sh!t outta everyone who's ever crossed me. Once a month each. Twice a month for some.

High End Earth Based - (Iron Man, Dr. Doom) Work secretly to expose conspiracy, end famine and disease. And evrything Mindship said.

Herald Level - Rule the World, Create green versions of all of the most beautiful women and screw till it falls off. Explore the Galaxy.

Skyfather to High End Reality Warper - Recreate the Star Wars Universe...

carnage52
my power set would be
1.strengh 1000000 times that of superman prime
2.knowlege of every martial art in the universe
3.super durability and speed
4.matter and anti-matter manipulation
5.teleportation
6.reality and time altering powers
7.abilty to travel through the omniverse kick back in phillidephia with rocky for breakfast challenage the flash to a race ***** slap wwh into another universe fight chuck norris
8.superhuman intelligence many times that of galactus thanos batman doom reed richards blue beetle
9.adimantium skelelton(i mean who wouldnt?)
10.superhuman dexterity agility and reaction time
11.a utility belt
12.the phoneix force
13.become the black lanterns new battery by punt kicking am out of reality
14.invisibilty density control heat vison shapeshifting
15.a non abstract

the first thing id do is kill everyone who pisses me off
1.squish them into a paste with my superspeed
2.burn them alive with my heat vison
3.rip them in half with my strengh
4.teleport them into a supernova
5.blow their heads up by looking at them(scanners esque)
6.alter reality so they have physical and mental deformities
7.use my time altering powers to speed up their aging procces
8.kill them from the inside with my matter rearangement skillz
9.roundhouse kick them into another universe populated by man eating clams
10.fly up to space and divebomb them.
11.lots more ways

become lord and master of the entire omniverse
and then buy a ps3

carnage52
id also fight crime

skyfather
Originally posted by carnage52
my power set would be
5.teleportation
7.abilty to travel through the omniverse kick back in phillidephia with rocky for breakfast challenage the flash to a race ***** slap wwh into another universe fight chuck norris
8.superhuman intelligence many times that of galactus thanos batman doom reed richards blue beetle
11.a utility belt
12.the phoneix force
15.a non abstract

11.lots more ways

and then buy a ps3 Originally posted by carnage52
id also fight crime
lulz

Ouallada
All usages of any powers I have lead to me hammering Scarlett Johansson so hard she screams my name thrice.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Ouallada
All usages of any powers I have lead to me hammering Scarlett Johansson so hard she screams my name thrice. so...you hit women?

Entity
my power set would be
5.teleportation
11.a utility belt
12.the phoneix force
15.a non abstract

11.lots more ways

and then buy a ps3

Because all those other godlike powers are useless without an adamantium skeleton, knowledge of all martial arts and of course the utility belt. laughing

carnage52
Originally posted by Entity
Because all those other godlike powers are useless without an adamantium skeleton, knowledge of all martial arts and of course the utility belt. laughing obviously

llagrok
I would:

1) quit school

2) show off my powers to the national media

3) become an instant celebrity

4) denounce world religions and claim that I am a messenger from God and that people should worship me

5) enjoy life

btw, I daydream about having superpowers every day

Didn't you claim to have a law degree once? haermm

carnage52
also id pwn galactus and use his massive pink helmet charged with the phoneix force to rape thanos and darkseid then id rip out frankilyn richards skeloton and beat up chronos with it.

carnage52
Originally posted by psycho gundam
so...you hit women? ihink its a weak sexual boast about how fast he ****s women. Happy Dance

carnage52
Originally posted by skyfather
lulz WHAT!!!???? seriously what??!!! mad id kill you if ireally had a utilty belt with riot foam and gas grenades and a lightsaber!!!!

carnage52
Originally posted by Zeitgeist

(I typically sit in the darkest corner, chuck things at people and shout "I'm Batman!"wink i sit in a darker corner throw heavier objects a people and shout "im the GODDAMN batman"

Ouallada
ihink its a weak sexual boast about how fast he ****s women. Happy Dance

It's a simple statement of what I would do, and no, I see no need of such boast on an internet forum.

carnage52
Originally posted by Ouallada
It's a simple statement of what I would do, and no, I see no need of such boast on an internet forum. how fast do you do it?enterprise captians do it at warpspeed.

Utrigita
Again depend on what level of Power I had at my disposal.

Low end, keep silently about it.

Herald level, I wouldn't care, because I would have left to explore the universe

Skyfather and up, leave to dominate the Universe.

Grinning Goku
I'd try to fight crime, while maintaining my secret identity. Given my perceived personality, very few people would suspect that I'm a hero. Buuuutttttt...what kind of powers do I have in this scenario? My top five would be super speed, strength, regenerative healing factor, flight, and invulnerability and not necessarily in that order.

Ouallada
how fast do you do it?enterprise captians do it at warpspeed.

It isn't about speed my friend. cool

h1a8
If I had the powers of Superman or greater then I would forcefully make changes in the world (I would let man run things as long as I agree).

If I had powers that I know the government can stop me with then I would keep them secret and use them to benefit my goals (and my goals
are not first money).

psycho gundam
all anyone needs is the power of luke cage to be safe from most forms of assassination in our world, poisons may take him out though but there are ways to avoid that as kings/queens of the past have.

carnage52
why would you want luke cage level powers when you can have power many billions of times that of skyfather? confused

Erik-Lensherr
Spiderman-level powers : I'd probably have lots of fun and keep a low-profile.

Magneto-level powers : I'd probably starting 'fixing' things around the world. 'Cease the war or else' and stuff like that.

Superman/Silver Surfer-level powers : Explore the Universe.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by psycho gundam
all anyone needs is the power of luke cage to be safe from most forms of assassination in our world, poisons may take him out though but there are ways to avoid that as kings/queens of the past have.

Actually his insides are nice and squishy. Severe blunt trauma is still an issue for him.

psycho gundam
sure but fidel castro survived over 600+ assassination attempts, and his durability is less than cage's to say the least.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.