Thanos/Power Gem vs 2,000 Foot Destroyer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Who wins?

guy222
Odin/Destroyer

Lord Feron
Originally posted by guy222
Odin/Destroyer

Galan007
Destroyer ftw.

Thanos can only beat the 1,999 foot model. ermmnone

guy222
Odin/Destroyer

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/5966/thor30022wn9.th.jpghttp://img266.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

FTW

quanchi112
Thanos wins. He has the power gem. He stomps.

vansonbee
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos wins. He has the power gem. He stomps.
That what I am thinking too, Thanos is too knowledgeable and can access full extent of the power gem and multiply his base strength by tons. Infinity gems > Celestial durmhulk

I know Destroyer has ton of power, but Power Gem is unlimited

quanchi112
Originally posted by vansonbee
That what I am thinking too, Thanos is too knowledgeable and can access full extent of the power gem and multiply his base strength by tons. Infinity gems > Celestial durmhulk

I know Destroyer has ton of power, but Power Gem is unlimited Yeah,the destroyer is being overrated in here me thinks.

Endless Mike
Theoretically the power gem is unlimited, but we've never seen anyone actually use it to that extent without having the other gems

Knowsbleed33
WM Thor did well with the PG. Dunno if he reached "unlimited" with it though.

vlaaad12345
He obviously didn't unless odin>unlimited.

occultdestroyer
Thanos w/ PG

quanchi112
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Theoretically the power gem is unlimited, but we've never seen anyone actually use it to that extent without having the other gems He doesnt have to tap into the full extent to defeat the destroyer anyway. Its Thanos and he knows and underswtands the gems better than most anybody.

Endless Mike
He doesnt have to tap into the full extent to defeat the destroyer anyway. Its Thanos and he knows and underswtands the gems better than most anybody.

Enough to surpass the power of multiple Skyfathers magnified through a nigh-indestructible magical weapon capable of manipulating energy at beyond Herald level, casually traversing dimensions, and taking on Celestials?

Estacado
Yeah,the destroyer is being overrated in here me thinks.
lmao

Endrict Nuul
Yeah,the destroyer is being overrated in here me thinks.

Well, we think Thanos is overrated....

Bouboumaster
I think that Thanos win. This Destroyer isn't "that strong"... He gets whipped by one celestial.

Thanos is one of the few who can tap in the full potential of the gem. I say he win.

Endless Mike
Thanos would get annihilated by a Celestial, gem or not

vansonbee
Thanos would get annihilated by a Celestial, gem or not
I don't know man, Galactus took on some Celestials before big grin

Celestials only give Galactus trouble when he outnumber.

Of course Thanos doesn't have a chance against Celestials w/o the Power gem help of course.

Endless Mike
Thanos doesn't have a chance against Galactus either

Harbinger
Thanos loses pretty hard.

golem370
How many heros did Thanos take on with just using the power gem?
Hulk Drax Quasar Thor Firelord Mister Fantastic Cyclops Wolverine Spider-Man and I forgot if they're were anymore.

quanchi112
Enough to surpass the power of multiple Skyfathers magnified through a nigh-indestructible magical weapon capable of manipulating energy at beyond Herald level, casually traversing dimensions, and taking on Celestials? What part of infinite power arent you getting here?Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Well, we think Thanos is overrated.... Not true.Originally posted by Estacado
lmao You do realize that Thanos has the power gem in this thread,right?Originally posted by Endless Mike
Thanos doesn't have a chance against Galactus either With the power gem he would.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos with the Gem Wins. YOu have to remember Thanos would become indestructable. So, he could take damage after damage all the while growing in power.

quanchi112
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos with the Gem Wins. YOu have to remember Thanos would become indestructable. So, he could take damage after damage all the while growing in power. And the fact he is more powerful than Odin as the destroyer as well.

guy222
Odin/Destroyer

iceman24567
The Destroyer stomps Thanos.

golem370
Thanos wins imo.

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
The Destroyer stomps Thanos. How?

Mr Master
Thanos/PG wins. (and he can harness it fully)

All of Thanos' natural abilities multiplied by infinity, nuff said.

tkitna
Originally posted by Mr Master

Agreed

psycho gundam

All of Thanos' natural abilities multiplied by infinity, nuff said. qft TOTAL INVULNERABILITY also

Galan007
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
WM Thor did well with the PG. Dunno if he reached "unlimited" with it though. reaching 'unlimited' power is an oxymoron.

Enyalus
Thanos wins. It wouldn't take him long reach a power level beyond the Destroyer's, and with the Gem, he'd be invulnerable to anything Destroyer would dish out in the mean time.

ultimatethor
Hmm tough match. I think ill go wit d destroyer.

kgkg
The term infinity in comics = lol

Destroyer wins

quanchi112
Originally posted by kgkg
The term infinity in comics = lol

Destroyer wins Why or better yet,how?

Mr Master

Sooner or later, Thanos will win.

kgkg
Why or better yet,how?
how?with blasts of energy

big grin

joshypooh
how?with blasts of energy

big grin power gem is beynd anything the destroyer can do.

kgkg
Originally posted by joshypooh
power gem is beynd anything the destroyer can do. not really gem has done nothing to suggest anything like that.

of course there is always potential for thanos to be more powerful than the destroyer

but the 2,000 Foot Destroyer is the beast that was ganked by celestials

occultdestroyer
Thanos w/ PG still.
Even the Celestials will have to take him down as a group to beat him. They might even fail.

Endless Mike
When has anyone with just the power gem ever showed "infinite power"?

Enyalus
When has anyone with just the power gem ever showed "infinite power"?

Thanos pretty much does just that in the Infinity Gauntlet saga when he turns off the other gems to fight the heroes. And it was stated that within 3 hours WM Thor would have been beyond the power of anyone.

quanchi112
not really gem has done nothing to suggest anything like that.

of course there is always potential for thanos to be more powerful than the destroyer

but the 2,000 Foot Destroyer is the beast that was ganked by celestials What? Thanos wielded this before and there are no limits. He would amp himself well beyond this destroyer. I cant see how anyone gives the destroyer the win here.Originally posted by Endless Mike
When has anyone with just the power gem ever showed "infinite power"? They dont have to. Fact is there is n limit and he could amp himself well beyond this destroyer.

vlaaad12345
Thanos takes shots from people like galactus,odin ect at regular power....Don't see why he couldn't survive long enough to amp himself with the power gem.

Endless Mike
But he had the other gems in IG. Show me more than just a statement saying the Power Gem alone gives you infinite power. Because I can show you statements saying that Odin is omnipotent.

psycho gundam
But he had the other gems in IG. Show me more than just a statement saying the Power Gem alone gives you infinite power. Because I can show you statements saying that Odin is omnipotent. thoanos would still be invulnerable to all harm, the gem also amplifies all the power's the wielder had to unfathomable limits.
thanos in the IG saga only had to go full power since he was going to face opponents who he knew wouldn't attack him with blows but rather metaphysical attacks( i.e. master order and lord chaos dichotomizing his mind/soul)

odin in the dread destroyer armour is still a physical being, thanos doesn't need to go farther than the power gem, it did after all totally rape ALL of dr. strange's books single handedly.

quanchi112
But he had the other gems in IG. Show me more than just a statement saying the Power Gem alone gives you infinite power. Because I can show you statements saying that Odin is omnipotent. http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/07-3.jpg

That should make help you see the light.

Endless Mike
Nothing but a statement.

BTW, Thanos beat Thor even though he had the Power Gem, so that example is a pretty bad one to use.

The only time anyone has used the Power Gem for feats on a cosmic level that could challenge the Destroyer is when they had it along with one or more other gems.

quanchi112
Nothing but a statement.

BTW, Thanos beat Thor even though he had the Power Gem, so that example is a pretty bad one to use.

The only time anyone has used the Power Gem for feats on a cosmic level that could challenge the Destroyer is when they had it along with one or more other gems. Really? You seem to want to ignore the obvious. Thanos didnt defeat him physically by the way. Did that escape you?

Thanos is much more intelligent than Thor. Prior to Thanos defeating him Thor went through the Surfer,the Infinity Watch,and Strange like nothing.

Thor was growing stronger with each passing second. The Destroyer also cant trap a power gem user in pure force block. So,if you have a point feel free to tell me what it is exactly.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Thanos_Quest_2_41-1.jpg

How many scans will you ignore?

Endless Mike
He was holding his own physically, though. And it's not like the Destroyer doesn't have any other methods of attack than just hitting people.

Regarding that "Force Block", the Destroyer (weaker version, powered by Thor) did something very similar when fighting Hela.

quanchi112
He was holding his own physically, though. And it's not like the Destroyer doesn't have any other methods of attack than just hitting people.

Regarding that "Force Block", the Destroyer (weaker version, powered by Thor) did something very similar when fighting Hela. So,the force block can hold Thanos now? Thanos would be even more of a threat than Thor was with the force block. Thor was a universal threat.

Endless Mike
Only according to Hyperbole

Odin was still way stronger than PG Thor

kgkg
So,the force block can hold Thanos now? Thanos would be even more of a threat than Thor was with the force block. Thor was a universal threat. laughing out loud Universal threat that got stop by a force block same stuff Odin got out of easily. smile

Destroyer for the win

psycho gundam
laughing out loud Universal threat that got stop by a force block same stuff Odin got out of easily. smile

Destroyer for the win thanos wielding the power gem and thor w/power gem afflicted with asgardian "warrior madness" are completely different things.

thanos studied the gems power's and "experimented" with them, thor was just slowly boosting his power exponentially giving thanos time to halt him at just an infinitesimal fraction of his potential power. thanos basically let everyone know that even a lunatic without conscious though could make themselves infinitely powerful as long as there is no intervention, a sound and elite mind like the one thanos possesses would be unstoppable with the power gem.

the destroyer falls.

quanchi112
Only according to Hyperbole

Odin was still way stronger than PG Thor So,you ignore Eternity's statements and the power of the power gem?Originally posted by kgkg
laughing out loud Universal threat that got stop by a force block same stuff Odin got out of easily. smile

Destroyer for the win Uhm it was a temporary solution. Had Odin not cured his mind he would have broken out of there and been at a power level that even their combined efforts would have failed against. Reread the arc.

Thanos stomps.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.