Ultimecia Vs. Nozdormu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Becci
How would one time fighter do against another? Would the entire fight have the duration of eons but the elapsed time of an instant?

SHM
To anyone in doubt about Ulti's abilities and feats:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f100/t480187.html

Becci
But would either one of them be able to die? Nozdormu exist simultaneously with all of time. Past, present and future. I do not know to what extent Ultimecia's powers go but if she has complete control over time, this could be an eternal battle right?

fascistcrusader
Time compression Ultimecia rules not just the entire universe, but all of time as well. Nozdormu might be in all time, but Ultimecia rules it, he would be fudged in this fight.

Becci
Rule it in what way? Is she timeless like Nozdormu? Because Nozdormu may live in all time, but he live in no time as well. His lair is timeless, which means it is out of her grasp if she controls time. How does she control it? By thought does it have a simultaneously past, present and future flow trough her mind? Or does she simply have the ability to handpick time?

SHM
Originally posted by Becci
Rule it in what way? Is she timeless like Nozdormu? Because Nozdormu may live in all time, but he live in no time as well. His lair is timeless, which means it is out of her grasp if she controls time. How does she control it? By thought does it have a simultaneously past, present and future flow trough her mind? Or does she simply have the ability to handpick time?

She doesn't control time. The most impressive thing she did, in relation to time and space, was absorb part of it. But she was defeated before absorbing everything.

Only if she had succeeded, Ultimecia would be able to control all of time. The Ultimecia we saw could only absorb it. She is a time devourer.

Becci
Can she affect herself in time? I mean, Nozdormu can freeze all things around him. He can create something I believe was called a "time-stasis" which freeze set targets in a timeless barrier manipulated and completely controled by himself. In order to counter this, you too have to be in control of time.

If Ultimecia would become frozen in time, would she be able to counter it, or would her fate be in Nozdormu's paws?

SHM
Can she affect herself in time? I mean, Nozdormu can freeze all things around him. He can create something I believe was called a "time-stasis" which freeze set targets in a timeless barrier manipulated and completely controled by himself. In order to counter this, you too have to be in control of time.

If Ultimecia would become frozen in time, would she be able to counter it, or would her fate be in Nozdormu's paws?

IIRC Ulti froze the party in time, in Timber. It's one of the videos in her Respect Thread(I posted the link to it). And she froze time in the trailer of Dissidia too.

Becci
Yeah, froze, but would she be able to take herself out of a frozen state?

Dark-Jaxx
Ultimecia fully time compressed comprises all time and space in the entire universe. She is time, she controls all, she is basically God.

Becci
She is time? Nothing in her videos indicated that. In fact, nothing indicated her being able to break out of a time-stasis.

Dark-Jaxx
No, in her time compressed form which she never reached, she would be.

Becci
Sargeras/Kil'Jaeden/Archimonde with the well of eternity would basically be omnipotent. Should we use what a character could become rather than what a character actually is?

Nozdormu with the demon soul would be even harder to kill than he already is.

Dark-Jaxx
Well I was under the assumption that this was time compressed Ultimecia.

Becci
This was just Ultimecia from the game, and not a theory version. I was under the impressing when I made the thread that she had powers over time efficient enough to match Nozdormu.

Dark-Jaxx
Oh, well then she dies.

Fvck Ultimecia, singlehandedly ruined FFVIII IMO.

Terryc250
Ultimecia did compress time in the game.

Becci
Originally posted by Terryc250
Ultimecia did compress time in the game.

Aman'Thul would definately be able to do so too. That does not mean he IS time. Just because Ultimecia can compress time, does not mean she is absolute in a battle in time.

Dark-Jaxx
No, she was going to compress and fuse with time, she didn't finish the process though.

Becci
It being a process is enough a limitation in order for Nozdormu to not suffer defeat from such action and instead deliver a counter.

Dark-Jaxx
Only if it was completed ahead of time would she beat Noz.

Becci
I do not think she even then could truelly finish him, but if it means she becomes time she surely would be his superior.

Dark-Jaxx
Well, if she became fully time compressed, she could just delete him from existence.

Becci
He is not named "timeless" without a reason. He exist in all of time, but also outside of it. His lair is in a timeless zone, for example. Do not ask me how it works, for it is never specified. It is some type of area that is not applied by time.

Dark-Jaxx
But he regardlessly exists, and Ultimecia would have been all of existence at that form.

Becci
If she would become existance (no expression) and time then she would take him down, yes.

Dark-Jaxx
That's what she aimed to do, she was fusing time so she can merge with all that was, is, and ever will be the universe.

Becci
Time is all that has, is and will be. Did it specificaly say existance?

Terryc250
She becomes all of space and time.. so basically she has control over everything.

Dark-Jaxx
Time is all that has, is and will be. Did it specificaly say existance? I think it said space as well, so yeah, pretty much.

She already had powerful powers over space, and had absorbed the power of all the Sorceresses who ever existed and ever will.

Terryc250
And wasn't the only way to survive it by.. "believing in your friends?" (which is imo stupid lol)

Dark-Jaxx
And wasn't the only way to survive it by.. "believing in your friends?" (which is imo stupid lol) Yes, omg, that was sumthin that easily made disk 4 crappy as ballz, "ZOMGZ!!111! TIME COMPRESSION KILLS ALL BUT ULTIMECIA, BUT IF YOU BELIEVE AND TRUST FRIENDS!!! YOU LIVEZ!!!!"

Terryc250
So the question is.. does Nozdormu believe and trust his friends?

Becci
So the question is.. does Nozdormu believe and trust his friends?

Well, he did leave the fate of time in the hands of his friends.

I would say there is belief and trust shrug

Dark-Jaxx
Well, he did leave the fate of time in the hands of his friends.

I would say there is belief and trust shrug AH!!! But his fatal flaw is his friends are not with him!!!

SHM
Time is all that has, is and will be. Did it specificaly say existance?

Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Oh, well then she dies.

Fvck Ultimecia, singlehandedly ruined FFVIII IMO.

I think Seifer ruined FFVIII. Squaresoft tried to create another Sephiroth but failed miserably.

On the other hand, the concept of sorceresses and Ultimecia possesing the body of people, was something original and interesting IMO.

Pyron_Knight
Oh no he didn't!

Seifer...like Sephiroth?
Well let me just disprove this steaming pile of lies.

Motivation:
Sephiroth-
"It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to
heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury. ...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha ha ha. And at the center of that injury, will be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with all the energy of the Planet, I will become a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet... I will cease to exist as I am now... Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every soul."

Wants to be a god. Check.

Seifer-
"I preferred to be called her knight. This has always been my dream."

Actions:
Sephiroth-
Gathered Black Materia by manipulating Cloud. Summoned Meteor. Held back Holy. "Died" against party.

Seifer-
Fought the party, tortured Squall, fought the party a few more times and commanded Galbadia's forces.

Ending:
Sephiroth- Came back in a bad movie.

Seifer- Returned to his old self to be with his friends.

Oh yes...they're totally the same!

Lich King
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Ultimecia's greatest feat is absorbing all of reality and time, although she never finished, cause PIS sucks.

Can I get the specifics for the Noz feat?

The Warcraft timeline is a frail one. If events to a larger magnitude is disrupted somewhere in the past, it has been stated that existance may cease to be.

In the War of the Ancients, this was exactly what was happening. The Old Gods cursed Nozdormu and decided to use the war in their advantage, have Sargeras and Azshara free the Old Gods without knowing it- this resulting in a drastical altering of time and the end of existance. This primarly due to the inexperience in time-related magic from the Old Gods.

So the cursed Nozdormu was trapped in a single location somewhere in time (Not space) and could not get free. Ensnared, you could call it. While then under the agonizing effects of the ancient entities, he summoned Krasus to his side and showed him what was happening. As Krasus beholded the behemot, it was by narrator stated that Nozdormu not only held himself concious despite the excessive torment, but also kept all of time and reality from ceasing to be while in this state.

I am not certain if the two feats are the contruary of eachother, but they are within the same leage I would say.

Dark-Jaxx
What you basically said was that Noz kept the timeline from having a detrimental change in the past, which would only result in keeping existence from being annihilated.

They are not comparable. Nozdormu did not actually in any way contain something that through sheer power would destroy all space and time, he stopped a relatively much smaller event that would have caused a chain reaction(it is not as powerful as what it causes) that was going to destroy existence.

It would be like catching a lit match that was going to fall in an open container of gasoline in a flammable building, if the match fell in the gasoline, it would have destroyed the building. If I catch and stop the match, it does not mean I can contain or stop the actual building burning explosion.

Lich King
He prevented existance, reality and time from being erased. It is not a small event, nor a small power. He prevented the universe, existance and time from taking its course. He kept everything from becoming nothing.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Lich King
He prevented existance, reality and time from being erased. It is not a small event, nor a small power. He prevented the universe, existance and time from taking its course. He kept everything from becoming nothing. Not by containing something of similar magnitude.

He stopped a change in time from occurring based on what you just said, which stopped a chain reaction that would have annihilated existence.

At least that is what I got out of it.

Lich King
Not a chain reaction. He prevented it from, or so it is indicated, ceasing to be. No chain of events, no additional events or further movements. The deeds had already been done and existance had already taken the blow. He prevented it from taking its course.

Dark-Jaxx
Oh.

Well then the feats are about equal I guess.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.