If Nearly Headless Nick is dead...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kelly_Bean
..and he can't die again, but was petrified, how did they ever give him the Polyjuice Potion after he was petrified in The Chamber of Secrets?

Unicor777
There are many questions like this raised so far, and many others will pop up in the future. Unfortunately, not every question related to Harry Potter novels can be answered. Why? The answer is very simple:

In asking those questions we are usuing the logic of the real life. While HP is a fantasy novel and this logic does not apply there. I don't mean to discourage others from exploring and exercising the art of reasoning and the power of arguments in anwering questions, but simply try to ahve fun with Potter. Thats what He was created for.

Kelly_Bean
I know Harry Potter is just a book and all of those characters are fictional as well as anything happening in the book/movie BUT you would've thought that Rowling would've came up with something for this error.

Unicor777
its a circle!
If she dealt with all those small nitty grety issues the book would have lost in plot

Disturbed Angel
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
..and he can't die again, but was petrified, how did they ever give him the Polyjuice Potion after he was petrified in The Chamber of Secrets?
You know....I wondered that EXACT same thing. messed

Running Mascara
I luff you flowers

They prolly shoved it down his throat since he was kinda sorta solid at the time shrug

Barker
Originally posted by Running Mascara
They prolly shoved it down his throat since he was kinda sorta solid at the time shrug
HAERMM Strangles

Running Mascara
hysterical I didn't even pay attention to how I put it!!!
Or did I? 31

Strangelove
Originally posted by Barker
HAERMM Strangles WHAT?

Phucked Up

They never gave Nick any Polyjuice Potion. They made a potion with the Mandrakes to help those who were petrified. Still, we don't know.

trevor9999
yes we dont know

cheesemon16
Marne marital died in the chamber of secretes

SamZED
Here's another question. Why would Hermione be affraid to say "Voldemort"? I can understand why Ron is, but Hermione didn't even know who is the guy until she went to Hogwarts.

siriuswriter
Nearly Headless Nick was petrified because he looked directly at the basilisk... but he couldn't die again, so he was petrified. Mrs. Norris was petrified at the same time, because she looked at the basilisk directly, but through Nearly Headless Nick, therfore, the vision wasn't clear, so she was just petrified.

Colin Creevy looked at the Basilisk through a camera lens - petrification; and Hermione looked at it by checking around corners with a mirror, so she saw it's reflection, and was only petrified.

Also, Hermione was and extreme bookworm. She was able to perform a spell on Harry's glasses before she reached Hogwarts. She read every book on the school list multiple times, and then bought more books on every subject she could think of, including the book that described the "death" of Voldemort and the survival of Harry Potter. Harry commented that she knew more about him than he did. Reading up on all of Voldemort's evil-ness, she would know about the whole "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named," because in books, that's how they would address Voldemort.

The Phantom
Sirius-mun... you realize it was Justin who saw the Basilisk through Nick, right?

Edit: And that the point is how can a ghost be petrified?

siriuswriter
because the basilsk has to do something - either petrify, or kill.

and NHNick was already dead, so in the world of JK, that means petrification. It also serves to point out how powerful the basilisk is - omg, basilisk is TROUBLE. and harry has to fight the ultimate bad guy at the end of every book, so it's also setting up that when Harry battles the basilisk, he knows how powerful it is, and when he defeats it, we know how powerful Harry is, which sets up for the whole series that Voldemort's pet, the basilisk, was defeated by Harry at twelve.

so basically by the time Harry turns seventeen, we know that Harry can take on the Bad Guy itself.

um.... yeahhh. but mrs. norris saw the basilisk's eyes through the reflection of water.

HAHA!!

allofyousuckkk
i assumed they tossed it at him or something lmao. i mean, how could ANY of the petrified people taken the potion?

ADarksideJedi
Maybe they just poured it all over him and he came back not sure.

eyebuck108
But the spell backfired, and she instead started to grow a tusk. Nick was then arrested and sentenced to death: a botched beheading that, because of a dull axe, took 45 hacks to kill him, but still didn't sever his head from his body. Hence the nickname Nearly Headless Nick.

Kelly_Bean
Someone revived this post after 10 whole years.

I WIN! jumpy

riv6672
Maybe they used ghost berries from a dead bush?

https://i.ibb.co/xjhfSR4/452-BFB0-D-4-E6-F-4-B05-A31-D-5-CD35-F90-BDD8.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.