Silver Surfer vs Dr Strange

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr. Slippyfist
Current Surfer vs Classic Dr Strange.

No prep.

They fight in Liberty City.

Who wins?

---

Alternate question. What were the issue numbers of the time Strange trapped Surfer in a bubble, and the time Strange reacted to Surfer?
I've been looking for years, and still can't find it.
Help would be greatly appreciated.

Starscream M
Dr. Strange

High level magic >>>> power cosmic

DigiMark007
Classic Strange is > Herald, even the best of them, which Norrin is. Some of his feats could be argued to be at or beyond Skyfather, though the latter would be pushing it.

And for the issues, if he stills checks his KMC PM box, you might try to contact long pig. Dude knew more about Strange than anyone that currently roams the boards, at least that I know of.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by DigiMark007
And for the issues, if he stills checks his KMC PM box, you might try to contact long pig. Dude knew more about Strange than anyone that currently roams the boards, at least that I know of. I've tried asking for issues when he still came on here...

I just feel more happened in the fights than what was shown, ya know?

Thanks though.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Current Surfer vs Classic Dr Strange.

No prep.

They fight in Liberty City.

Who wins?

---

Alternate question. What were the issue numbers of the time Strange trapped Surfer in a bubble, and the time Strange reacted to Surfer?
I've been looking for years, and still can't find it.
Help would be greatly appreciated. strange trapped surfer in a bubble when surfer came into his home. i have that comic. i'll look thru my issues tomorrow and get the number for you.

guy222
ds

Bentley
Originally posted by guy222
ds

Such a Darkseid fanboy! eek!

Erik-Lensherr
Dr Strange.

janus77
depends on the scenario. a random flare up I'd give to Surfer, purely on account of speed and immediate power (Strange needs to summon power from his gods, in order to be a force to contend with).

a showdown, I'd give to Strange because he can call upon serious near-abstract powers and be ready to face off Surfer.

of course if Surfer decided to call on Galactus ... Surfer and Galactus would slaughter Strange and his masters.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by janus77
depends on the scenario. a random flare up I'd give to Surfer, purely on account of speed and immediate power (Strange needs to summon power from his gods, in order to be a force to contend with).

a showdown, I'd give to Strange because he can call upon serious near-abstract powers and be ready to face off Surfer.

of course if Surfer decided to call on Galactus ... Surfer and Galactus would slaughter Strange and his masters.

Classic Strange generally had auto-shields up, which are displayed on at least a few occasions. And while some of his power is given to him via various gods, he has a fair amount of intrinsic power through his studies that he can call upon at a whim.

Certainly a quick throw-down gives more of an edge to Surfer than a prep scenario, but Strange could win in either case....though I'd guess that he'd drop from 10/10 to maybe 7 or 8/10 in the "ready, go!" situation.

Bouboumaster
Depend of the scenario. But Surfer have a shot

illadelph12
I'd say it's an even split, personally. Surfer isn't immune to magic, but he doesn't have a problem dealing with it either. It's not his silver bullet (pun intended). Surfer could dispatch Strange before he could mount a decent offensive given the power brought to bear and the speed at which Surfer operates. Depends on if you think Strange would go defensive or offensive first. If he goes defensive he likely wins (assuming he can protect himself before Surfer's attack connects). If he goes offensive Surfer wins in a quick draw.

MightyEInherjar
Strange has mentioned in several Defenders issues that Surfer wields more raw power than he does. I think if Surfer was really trying his hardest to take down Strange, he would.

Then again, if Strange loses his whole "kharma complex," then I think he'd be able to snuff Surfer out of the Universe in the beginning stages of the fight.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
Strange has mentioned in several Defenders issues that Surfer wields more raw power than he does. I think if Surfer was really trying his hardest to take down Strange, he would.

Words and feats often speak differently. Superman has cock-stroked every JLA member at some point too by saying they're > he is in many ways. Then when the sh*t goes down, Kal's the one holding the fort.

Classic Strange's feats > Surfer's. Hell, Strange knocked Surfer's boss unconscious at one point, which by itself is far more than Norrin could boast.

Utrigita
Classic Strange's feats > Surfer's. Hell, Strange knocked Surfer's boss unconscious at one point, which by itself is far more than Norrin could boast.

When did Doctor Strange knock out Galactus?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Utrigita
When did Doctor Strange knock out Galactus?

It's posted in his respect thread. I don't know the exact issue. But he knocked him out over Manhattan, then had to stop him from falling before he crashed into the city. I forget how he did that, but the knocking out part is the important part. Even if it was hungry Galactus (I don't think it was, but my recollection of it isn't 100%) it's still >> anything Surfer could muster. Hell, Thanos couldn't do that to a severely weakened Galactus, and he's always written as >> Surfer.

Utrigita
It's posted in his respect thread. I don't know the exact issue. But he knocked him out over Manhattan, then had to stop him from falling before he crashed into the city. I forget how he did that, but the knocking out part is the important part. Even if it was hungry Galactus (I don't think it was, but my recollection of it isn't 100%) it's still >> anything Surfer could muster. Hell, Thanos couldn't do that to a severely weakened Galactus, and he's always written as >> Surfer.

Are it this instant you are talking about?

http://img92.imageshack.us/my.php?image=galactusvsdrstrange1yw0.jpg
http://img120.imageshack.us/my.php?image=galactusvsdrstrange2zy5.jpg
http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=galactusvsdrstrange3cb4.jpg
http://img120.imageshack.us/my.php?image=galactusvsdrstrange4gl4.jpg
http://img120.imageshack.us/my.php?image=galactusvsdrstrange5cb5.jpg

and now the interesting part knocked unconsious and stopped him from falling?

http://img144.imageshack.us/my.php?image=galactusvsdrstrange6mi4.jpg

He is absolutely fine and Galactus stopped himself.

Edit: It was the only incident I could think about and then this

http://img340.imageshack.us/my.php?image=galatt1vc.jpg

but that sort of says that Strange can do nothing directly towards Galactus, only affect him mentally as shown and that Galactus was a weak Galactus, though I'm not positive what happened afterwards.

guy222
Originally posted by Bentley
Such a Darkseid fanboy! eek!

stick out tongue

guy222
Unless Norrin channels the crunch, Strange wins all the time

llagrok
Surfer could only channel the crunch because it was like, 10 feet away from him....

DigiMark007
Are it this instant you are talking about?

http://img92.imageshack.us/my.php?image=galactusvsdrstrange1yw0.jpg
http://img120.imageshack.us/my.php?image=galactusvsdrstrange2zy5.jpg
http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=galactusvsdrstrange3cb4.jpg
http://img120.imageshack.us/my.php?image=galactusvsdrstrange4gl4.jpg
http://img120.imageshack.us/my.php?image=galactusvsdrstrange5cb5.jpg

and now the interesting part knocked unconsious and stopped him from falling?

http://img144.imageshack.us/my.php?image=galactusvsdrstrange6mi4.jpg

He is absolutely fine and Galactus stopped himself.

Edit: It was the only incident I could think about and then this

http://img340.imageshack.us/my.php?image=galatt1vc.jpg

but that sort of says that Strange can do nothing directly towards Galactus, only affect him mentally as shown and that Galactus was a weak Galactus, though I'm not positive what happened afterwards.

Kinda shows my point though. I'm not saying Strange > Galactus. But a "hastily erected shield" (his words, not mine) protects him from Big G's blast, and he knocks him on his ass. Whether or not he was unconscious and came out of it before crashing, or just knocked backwards, is uncertain, but both constitute a better feat than anything Surfer could hope to muster against his master.

Soljer
Kinda shows my point though. I'm not saying Strange > Galactus. But a "hastily erected shield" (his words, not mine) protects him from Big G's blast, and he knocks him on his ass. Whether or not he was unconscious and came out of it before crashing, or just knocked backwards, is uncertain, but both constitute a better feat than anything Surfer could hope to muster against his master.

Untrue. In Galactus and the Surfer's first foray onto Earth, I believe the Surfer blasted Galactus onto his ass, and took a couple hits before going down. I could be misremembering, though. I'll go check the comics.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Soljer
Untrue. In Galactus and the Surfer's first foray onto Earth, I believe the Surfer blasted Galactus onto his ass, and took a couple hits before going down. I could be misremembering, though. I'll go check the comics.

Cool.

I'm not saying this is a rapestomp though. Far from it. And I'll be happy to have Soljer produce those scans. But Surfer's best feats are small potatoes compared to the stuff Strange has done, which includes battling with abstracts and Skyfather+ demons, beating them, defending against the near-full wrath of the IG, etc. etc.

Soljer
Cool.

I'm not saying this is a rapestomp though. Far from it. And I'll be happy to have Soljer produce those scans. But Surfer's best feats are small potatoes compared to the stuff Strange has done, which includes battling with abstracts and Skyfather+ demons, beating them, defending against the near-full wrath of the IG, etc. etc.

Totally agreed that classic Strange wins. Just saying that the Galactus feat isn't the end-all be-all, know what I mean?

And, for the record, Strange never defended against the Infinity Gauntlet - he defended against the Gems being used individually.

TricksterPriest
Which is still a great display of power, but not abstract++ that defending the full IG is.

Btw, didn't Strange say he was going off somewhere to reclaim what he had lost?

Soljer
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Which is still a great display of power, but not abstract++ that defending the full IG is.

Btw, didn't Strange say he was going off somewhere to reclaim what he had lost?

Yeah. Off to the Skrull homeworld.

Utrigita

The Blast wasn't even directed towards Stranger, and then he uses a large potion of his powers to only topple Galactus all his efforts was concentrated on that one task.

"... (<- could indicate that he has envoked more gods) and may great Hoggoth's hoary hand and all the demons that with him stand now open path through steel and debris that Dr Strange be set free to turn that power apon his foe to topple and lay him down"

yes it is impressive to topple Galactus, however Thanos blowed Galactus out of his ship which I remember you say he hadn't.

Also it's pretty evident that Galactus wasn't unconscious at any time during the fight as the narrator (strange) stats "he stopped his fall with sheer willpower" How is he stopping that if he is unconscious?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Soljer
Totally agreed that classic Strange wins. Just saying that the Galactus feat isn't the end-all be-all, know what I mean?

And, for the record, Strange never defended against the Infinity Gauntlet - he defended against the Gems being used individually.

Which is why I called it the "near full" power. Should've clarified though. Sorry there.

yes it is impressive to topple Galactus, however Thanos blowed Galactus out of his ship which I remember you say he hadn't.

That's not what I said. Try not to misquote me to make your point.

And a person can regain consciousness quickly, which is what may have happened to Galactus. Like I said, the comic isn't specific enough for us to know.

Soljer
Which is why I called it the "near full" power. Should've clarified though. Sorry there.

And a person can become un-unconscious quickly, which is what may have happened to Galactus. Like I said, the comic isn't specific enough for us to know.

*shrugs* I knew what you meant, it's just that there is a lot of forum-talk surrounding Strange. And saying that he defended against the infinity gauntlet, or the 'near-full power' of the infinity gauntlet is just a bit misleading, considering that a fully prepped and equipped Strange went down to the power gem alone.

Utrigita

Thanos Couldn't knock Galactus out over Manhatten, but Thanos could Knock Galactus through the side of his own ship, ore how is I else to understand this post? That it's the unconscious part (which more speaks against then for imo) you are mentioning, if that is the case then my mistake.

And a person can regain consciousness quickly, which is what may have happened to Galactus. Like I said, the comic isn't specific enough for us to know.

So you still think that Galactus was knocked Unconscious? Ok a very short blackout indeed...

Mr. Slippyfist
Galactus wasn't knocked out when he was holding back against Strange.

And when Thanos knocked a normal Galactus through his ship, he also knocked him on the planet below, and had him bouncing quite a ways away.

Just saying. smile

norrinradd43
In the old Defenders days, Strange admitted he was not as powerful as Silver Surfer. I will have to check the comics so I can cite it.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by norrinradd43
In the old Defenders days, Strange admitted he was not as powerful as Silver Surfer. I will have to check the comics so I can cite it.

We've already referenced this. But again, it's words not feats.

Thanos Couldn't knock Galactus out over Manhatten, but Thanos could Knock Galactus through the side of his own ship, ore how is I else to understand this post? That it's the unconscious part (which more speaks against then for imo) you are mentioning, if that is the case then my mistake.

Your comment was that I claimed Thanos didn't knock him out of his ship. All I claimed was that he didn't knock him unconscious. Which, apparently, Strange didn't either, so my bad there. Similar feats though.

Mind you, I'm still not saying Strange is near Big G, and I'm also not basing my Strange > Surfer opinion solely on that feat. It's one among many that help to make my case.

I've also already stated that in a non-prep scenario, Surfer could take a few. Just not the majority, due to Strange's auto-shields and various other spells that don't require lengthy invocations.

Utrigita
Your comment was that I claimed Thanos didn't knock him out of his ship. All I claimed was that he didn't knock him unconscious. Which, apparently, Strange didn't either, so my bad there. Similar feats though.

Mind you, I'm still not saying Strange is near Big G, and I'm also not basing my Strange > Surfer opinion solely on that feat. It's one among many that help to make my case.

I've also already stated that in a non-prep scenario, Surfer could take a few. Just not the majority, due to Strange's auto-shields and various other spells that don't require lengthy invocations.

Sorry my comment was meant to display that you saying that Doctor Strange had done more to Galactus then Thanos wasn't correct from my point of view.

I realise that Digimark, I just wanted to clear up the unconscious knockout part that was all. smile

ultimatethor
I have to call it a draw because it is an instant fight. Based on superior speed id say surfer could get his wins by using a huge initial attack and not letting up. Evn though strange does have powerful autoshields they were only meant to protect him from death long enough for him to bring up a full powered shield. I do remeber strange mentioning once that Surfer was more powerful than he was but based on feats id have to say he was mistaken. He regualrly took on guys like mephisto and dormammu and came out on top. The problem howver was that although alot of his feats put him at skyfather level there were many inconsistencies and he was also frequently portaryed to be a around loki level and he did not want anything to do with odin. His autoshields went on and off at the writers command and while in one comic he was a marshall arts master, in another he would hurt his hands by punching a being.( Ill look for the scan). Not to say that just because of this his power level should be downgraded just that people seem to be looking only at his superhigh ridiculous feats and not balancing them out with his lower feats. He still is probabaly the most powerful character below skyfather level but IMO surfers speed could help him pull a draw.( Note with five minutes of prep strange wud annihalate surfer)

DigiMark007
Sorry my comment was meant to display that you saying that Doctor Strange had done more to Galactus then Thanos wasn't correct from my point of view.

I realise that Digimark, I just wanted to clear up the unconscious knockout part that was all. smile

thumb up

Mindship
If Strange is so tough, why the hell didn't the Watcher go to him, instead of the FF, when Galactus first came to Earth? shifty

Sr J-Bieb
Great thread OP

KuRuPT Thanosi
What was scary was somebody saying Long Pig knew the most about anything...

SasuOna
You know whats even funnier people still think Galactus's mental cognizances increase with his power in regards to whether hes well fed or not. Thats just speculation but hey it doesn't stop them from claiming Dr Strange can't mind rape him because Xavier couldn't while he wasn't fed completely forgetting that Stephen is a way way better telapath then Xavier but whatever anything goes to make sure the Big G saves face.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by SasuOna
You know whats even funnier people still think Galactus's mental cognizances increase with his power in regards to whether hes well fed or not. Thats just speculation but hey it doesn't stop them from claiming Dr Strange can't mind rape him because Xavier couldn't while he wasn't fed completely forgetting that Stephen is a way way better telapath then Xavier but whatever anything goes to make sure the Big G saves face. Sounds more like anything goes to save Dr Strange's rep... but whatever I guess.

It's not hard to see that someone who's literally starving to death would be more susceptible to mind attacks... plus, the funny thing is Xavier showed Galactus all the feelings of the Skrulls when he was in better shape and he didn't bat an eyelash... and then returned their hatred instead. Are we supposed to believe that Strange can essentially one shot a full powered Galactus by showing him the pain of others?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.