Star Trek Questions Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endrict Nuul
If you have a question about Star Trek please use this thread.

Thanks.

I'll start, Is there a reason why the holodeck was mainly use in TNG and rarely in other ST shows?

Raoul
it was, imo, used for novelty episodes, dixon hill, the ancient west etc

ds9 had the ferengi, so it didnt need them as much... tos just went to planets every week that copied a part of earth's history...

SpikeSpiegel
Is the guy who invented holodecks spinning in this grave? I mean 9/10 times, something goes wrong with it.

BruceSkywalker
In Voyager, why in the world didn't Harry Kim move up the command post?

Also true or false...Do Riker and Kirk share the same middle name?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Also true or false...Do Riker and Kirk share the same middle name?

Riker's middle name is Thomas, Kirk's middle name is Tiberius.

Going with False.

BruceSkywalker
OK, three part question... Name the 8 characters that have appeared in at least two Trek series? Name the actors/actresses that portrayed the characters as well as the series and at least one episode said character appeared in?

Symmetric Chaos
Obrien
Keiko
Bashir
TomRiker
Worf
Spock
Scotty
Q

(don't know the actor or episode names off the top of my head)

Should I be scared about how easy that was?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Obrien
Keiko
Bashir
TomRiker
Worf
Spock
Scotty
Q

(don't know the actor or episode names off the top of my head)

Should I be scared about how easy that was?

Remember also Nurse Chjapel played Majel Barret who also appeared as Troi's mother in TNG and also guest starred on DS9. I was also going for Sarek, Scotty, Bones, Kor, Koloth and Kang and also Worf.

Kudo's to you my friend.

starlock
What was picards family's furthist exploits in space? am i correct that captain jean luc picard was the first to travel beyond the solar system? i was confused when they went over this info, i think his family helped colonize the sol system but never travelled further...whats the deal?

Raoul
Originally posted by starlock
What was picards family's furthist exploits in space? am i correct that captain jean luc picard was the first to travel beyond the solar system? i was confused when they went over this info, i think his family helped colonize the sol system but never travelled further...whats the deal?

jean luc was the first in starfleet, from what i know, other than that im not sure...

In Voyager, why in the world didn't Harry Kim move up the command post?

he was just an average officer, imo, and average officers dont get promoted that often, though i dont think he was still ensign in season 7...

BruceSkywalker
Who is Elam?

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Raoul
jean luc was the first in starfleet, from what i know, other than that im not sure...

he was just an average officer, imo, and average officers dont get promoted that often, though i dont think he was still ensign in season 7... I vaguely remember him getting promoted close to the end of Voyager. Isn't he also a captain in an alternate timeline?

And reposting Bruce's question:

Who is Elam?

Shakyamunison
Who is Elam?

I think Elam was one of the Borg children (the oldest one), on Voyager.

BruceSkywalker
Who is Elam?

Thanks also Acro for reposting my question.. I spelled the name wrong its ELIM.. Hope that helps...

Raoul
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I think Elam was one of the Borg children (the oldest one), on Voyager.

is that not echeb?

Shakyamunison
is that not echeb?

Ya, you are right, but they both start with "E". laughing

Shakyamunison
Thanks also Acro for reposting my question.. I spelled the name wrong its ELIM.. Hope that helps...

Elim Garak?

Raoul
Ya, you are right, but they both start with "E". laughing

stick out tongue

elim is garak, enabran tain's son?

edit: beaten to it...

BruceSkywalker
Elim Garak?

Yep..

What did Gene Roddenberry intend Star Trek to be?

Shakyamunison
Yep..

What did Gene Roddenberry intend Star Trek to be?

Wagon Train to the stars.

BruceSkywalker
Wagon Train to the stars.

Right'cha are, good friend.

Two parter... On what date did Star Trek: TOS end and on what date did Star Trek VOY end?

Shakyamunison
Right'cha are, good friend.

Two parter... On what date did Star Trek: TOS end and on what date did Star Trek VOY end?

I don't know that one, but I have a question: why did they cancel Enterprise? I really liked that show.

Symmetric Chaos
I don't know that one, but I have a question: why did they cancel Enterprise? I really liked that show.

A lot of people disagreed with you.

BruceSkywalker

Bad acting killed Enterprise laughing No actually is was bad ratings

Raoul
i liked enterprise, it was just too un-trek like at times imo...

hated voyager, even if it did improve (according to bada) near the end... though that was by taking a tng villain that had already been brilliantly portrayed by tng and first contact...

BruceSkywalker
i liked enterprise, it was just too un-trek like at times imo...

hated voyager, even if it did improve (according to bada) near the end... though that was by taking a tng villain that had already been brilliantly portrayed by tng and first contact...

They should've tried to write Enterprise better. Especially try to link various shows to Kirk.

One of the things I liked about Voyager was seeing the Borg, but after a while it got stale.

Raoul
yeah, i mean, i think the scorpion episode is great, and seven of nine added something new to the crew, but as it went on, it just felt forced...

BruceSkywalker
yeah, i mean, i think the scorpion episode is great, and seven of nine added something new to the crew, but as it went on, it just felt forced...

QFT

Doctor-Alvis
The Borg got taken down a bunch of pegs. I really liked them when they were just this dehumanized, computerized force. Then they gave the Borg a face and they progressively became easier to trick and defeat.

Voyager was fun though. Some parts I liked, some I didn't. Just like everything else.

Same with Enterprise. I fell off that horse when I didn't get in on the ground floor of the Xindi stuff.

Raoul
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
The Borg got taken down a bunch of pegs. I really liked them when they were just this dehumanized, computerized force. Then they gave the Borg a face and they progressively became easier to trick and defeat.

Voyager was fun though. Some parts I liked, some I didn't. Just like everything else.

Same with Enterprise. I fell off that horse when I didn't get in on the ground floor of the Xindi stuff.

i tend to not count anything post first contact as being proper borg stuff... its like voyager borg are an inferior copy, or something...

BruceSkywalker
Two part question... 1st., In WOK, during Spock's eulogy, what did Kirk call Spock? Also in WOK when Kirk was talking to Bones and Dr. Carol Marcus, the words that Kirk spoke, where do those words actually come from?

BruceSkywalker
Two part question... 1st., In WOK, during Spock's eulogy, what did Kirk call Spock? Also in WOK when Kirk was talking to Bones and Dr. Carol Marcus, the words that Kirk spoke, where do those words actually come from?

Here's another one...What was the name of the creature that Miles O'Brien help escape?

SpikeSpiegel
Here's another one...What was the name of the creature that Miles O'Brien help escape?

Tosk?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by SpikeSpiegel
Tosk?

Yep.

Raoul
but who did the actor who played the lead hunter also play?

SpikeSpiegel
That other Q. Quinn or something? I can't really remember his name, but he was the one who wanted to kill himself in that Voyager episode.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by SpikeSpiegel
That other Q. Quinn or something? I can't really remember his name, but he was the one who wanted to kill himself in that Voyager episode.

My fave VOY episode Death Wish. Was played by Gerrit Graham

Raoul
well done guys...

Doctor-Alvis
Wait, was that a trivia question? Trivia is the most vile of elements.

BruceSkywalker
Where is this line from? "I did it for nothing"? Who said it? Who is the actors name and Just how many episodes of Star Trek did he make?

Endrict Nuul
Could Seven upgrade Data?

Raoul
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul

innuendo... shifty

Doctor-Alvis
Robot boning aside, starfleet could probably upgrade his body by now but it seems kind of pointless. I mean besides because he's dead.

BruceSkywalker
Other then Star Trek, what else do Walter Koenig and Andreas Katsulas have in common?

Southern_Rebel
Do you think that the "god" in the Great Barrier(StarTrek V) may have been an inprisoned Q...if not, do you think that it was as powerful as Q?

tsscls
Originally posted by Southern_Rebel
Do you think that the "god" in the Great Barrier(StarTrek V) may have been an inprisoned Q...if not, do you think that it was as powerful as Q?
No and, no.

tsscls
Originally posted by Anti-Monitor
Yes.
The borg queen couldn't because she wasn't hot enough. Seven, however, is screwable enough to assimilate Data. wink

Silke
Other then Star Trek, what else do Walter Koenig and Andreas Katsulas have in common?

Babylon 5 of course big grin I was surprised to find out though that Andreas Katsulas was in 2 different Star Trek shows ..

Next question - what did the actors of the Reman Viceroy in Nemesis, the actor of Tuvok on Voyager and the actor of Quark in DS9 have in common aside from Star Trek?

jaden101
beauty and the beast

Jack Daniels
Originally posted by Silke
Babylon 5 of course big grin I was surprised to find out though that Andreas Katsulas was in 2 different Star Trek shows ..

Next question - what did the actors of the Reman Viceroy in Nemesis, the actor of Tuvok on Voyager and the actor of Quark in DS9 have in common aside from Star Trek?
they all had funny ears..lol

Jack Daniels
no one ever said if I got it right..lol

Silke
Jaden got it right smile They were all, at one time or another, on the show Beauty and the Beast. Well .. some more than others, but anyway .. *chuckles*

Darth Macabre
I was watching Star Trek last night, the episode where Captain Kirk exchanges bodies with that woman that he loved...it was on TV Land at 6 A.M. Is the original series on at any other time than early in the morning? I was pleasantly surprised by that episode and I'm interested in watching the show more.

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
I was watching Star Trek last night, the episode where Captain Kirk exchanges bodies with that woman that he loved...it was on TV Land at 6 A.M. Is the original series on at any other time than early in the morning? I was pleasantly surprised by that episode and I'm interested in watching the show more.

Watch 'Space Seed' and 'Amok Time', two of the best. Avoid 'Spock's Brain' though.

CadoAngelus

Too many people were sitting down to watch expecting: "WARP 2billion HELMS MAN" i guess...

it is the least trekky of all the series' because it's surposed to be the founding of the United Federation Planets. I mean, is it hard to believe that Earth wouldn't move much from military ranks and positions just because they're journeying into deep space...

I think it was good...

Ok, my question: Is there anything that says about Tom Riker after he joins star fleet (again lol) and what he's doing (while we're following the Enterprise Crew)? I know he's joined the crew of another ship, i was just wondering if there's anything else to know?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.