Star Wars: Legacy of the Force

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Sexy
Since I am assuming I'm the only one who has finished the novel thus far, I won't release any spoilers, but I do have a few thoughts on the novel.

1. This was easily the best novel in this g-d awful series and a fitting conclusion to it. I am very interested to see what paths all of the parties take and what part the New Sith Order plays in the future.

2. The question of Luke's obvious superiority over Jacen has been answered once and for all..

Anyways, have fun reading, awesome book.

Blue_Hefner
Damn you. My bookstores get books months after they come out. It sucks that Jacen dies.

truejedi
question: how did you get it? i won't lie, i really want to read it, whether i liked the last 2 or not.

truejedi
may 20th, right?

Elite Hunter
Would you mind sending me a PM whenever you get the chance of some of key spoilers of invincible .

Darth Sexy
Elite, ask me what you want to know. And the book came out today "may 13th", at least here. I reserved it and picked it up at 9 AM this morning and didn't stop reading until I finished it. I was satisfied.

xxxpoppunker182
Invincible was a good read and a good book. Darth Sexy have you read the legacy comics? cause they explain you second question

Elite Hunter
I want to know the last detail in the saber duel vs Jaina and Caedus, like was it a legit win or was there some circumstance that helped Jaina win. And did the war end, I already know what happens to the imperials. Oh and was the new sith order featured.

truejedi
okay, yep, picked it up, read it, i agree with Darth Sexy, especially on point number 2 there. too early for a thread that allows for spoilers?

truejedi
okay: I've waited almost 12 hours to talk about this book:

Time to mention what i haven't been able to stop thinking: The very first thing that stands out to me from the entire book:

LUKE HAS SHATTERPOINT!!!

does this make him even more uber than we already have him pegged?

Darth Sexy
So does Jacen. My question is, where did jacen learn it? Hell, a lot of the shit he has he just randomly obtained after declaring a sith name. Luke also knows force illusion to the highest extent as he used it against Jacen when Jacen fought Jaina. Luke ALSO knows some kind of technique that allows you to mess one's perception of the future, and basically manipulate it.

truejedi
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
So does Jacen. My question is, where did jacen learn it? Hell, a lot of the shit he has he just randomly obtained after declaring a sith name. Luke also knows force illusion to the highest extent as he used it against Jacen when Jacen fought Jaina. Luke ALSO knows some kind of technique that allows you to mess one's perception of the future, and basically manipulate it.

it really made it seem as if luke was playing jacen the ENTIRE time. I wish jacen had known that before dying. it would have been sweet. he never even realized that luke wasn't really there when he fought jaina the first time.

Darth Sexy
I know. I didn't like the justification for Luke not fighting Jacen. The whole "i'll go to the dark side and take jacen's place if I fight him".

Lord Knightfa11
thats gay. Luke is established as the ultimate good guy with no possible temptation to the darkside at this point :/

Elite Hunter
So after this book came out of those who read it would this Luke top NJO Luke now?

truejedi
IMO, yes, easily.

Knightfall: what he did to the mando's seemed pretty dark-side if you think about it. I bet Karen Traviss kills him off to keep him from hurting her mandalorians ever again. I love how she uses 2 whole books to establish them as a power, and Troy Denning destroys all her work over the course of a few pages. I would be willing to wager Troy was going to kill Fett too, until Karen called him, and over teh course of hours, or even days of harassing him, he decided not to kill him, just exile him.

truejedi
do we get to have an entirely new designation for Luke now in the vs forums? LOTF Luke? B/c that luke seems like the one that could beat the ridiculous curbstomp threads that have been popping up. His control of the force seems unrivaled to the point that force attacks are a waste of time on him, so unless you can defeat him with a saber, and that seems unlikely, he becomes next to invincible.
which brings up another point: darkside LOTF luke, the one that defeated lumiya in just a few seconds. That luke was the one that held Jacen completely and totally immobile. IMO, LOTF is now the new end all of the vs. forum.

Lord Knightfa11
Karen travis is retarded. I disregard every word she has written as non cannon.

truejedi
troy denning wrote invincible though...

ThoraxeRMG
Oh god, why....

Lord Knightfa11
Originally posted by truejedi
troy denning wrote invincible though...
sorry, i assumed that because it's so incredibly stupid that it was karen travis. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Everything after DE is to retarded to exist.

Darth Sexy
A dark side Luke would have plunged the galaxy into darkness, by his own admission.

Lord Knightfa11
that would be awesome. I would love to see the star wars galaxy totally opressed beyond hope of revival. it would make for a heckova story too.

xxxpoppunker182
what did you guys think of the the little plug in the back of the book for the next book Star Wars: Millennium Falcon

Darth Sexy
Pretty interesting. I wonder if it has anything to do with the new sith order.

truejedi
sounded like it. I wonder where that leaves luke's legacy though: He dies, and immediately the galaxy is ruled by sith. Since his entire life was spent fighting darkness, it makes his life a complete waste.

tauros
A dark side Luke would suck as badly as the light side one. Luke, as a character, is just REALLY bad. He has NO personality. Or well, a darkside Luke would be SLIGHTLY better than the lightside one.

truejedi
thats not quite fair. That's like saying Yoda has no character, or obi-wan, just because they never turn dark. Luke does some things in invincible that you would never imagine him doing though. Some things that I don't think Yoda would ever do. He plays a master game of deception with Jacen, and plays him like a tool. ALso: check his killing of Lumiya, that reveals some of his character.

ThoraxeRMG
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
It AWESOME that Jacen dies.

Fixed.
We didn't need a whiny rip off copy of Anakin. confused

Captain REX
We also did not need this series, really. It just further ruined the lives of the original movie characters. Han and Leia just lost their second child to their remaining child, and Luke just lost his wife. I know they're not real people, but realistically I have my doubts that they continue living in pain and agony for the rest of their lives.

BruceSkywalker
I hope the next series of novels will be written better and have a much better story

tauros
Originally posted by truejedi
thats not quite fair. That's like saying Yoda has no character, or obi-wan, just because they never turn dark. Luke does some things in invincible that you would never imagine him doing though. Some things that I don't think Yoda would ever do. He plays a master game of deception with Jacen, and plays him like a tool. ALso: check his killing of Lumiya, that reveals some of his character.

I just said that a dark side Luke would only be slighty better, SLIGHTLY. Luke has no personality or character, whereas Yoda and Obi-wan are both interesting and have their own thing.

Captain REX
Dark Side Luke would be completely uninteresting because they have already pursued that line of thought with Dark Empire...

caedusrulesall
DAMMIT WILL NOBODY LISTEN TO ME? JACEN IS NOT WHINY, NOR IS HE GAY, AND YOU ALL ONLY HATE HIM BECAUSE HE WAS A CHALLENGE TO YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTERS! AND YOU OBVIOUSLY CAN'T TAKE THAT, AND THAT'S WHY YOU ALL HATE HIM FOR IT AND ESPECIALLY FOR KILLING MARA!

R.I.P. CAEDUS!

There, I said it. Seriously, name to me a couple of times in LOTF where Jacen was whining about something.

Now that that's out of the way, I must say I liked Invincible. Much better than godawful Revelation. Although I think it sucked that Jacen pulled a Vader and used his dying thoughts to warn Tenel Ka. Also, why did he only have to start acting like a proper Sith right before he dies?

Also, is Zekk dead or not?

Isolder is dead. That's pretty cool. I hate Hapans.

Han and Leia just HAD to adopt Allana, didn't they. They couldn't have left her with Tenel Ka.

What happened to Sintas Vel? And Boba Fett?

Oh, great. Tahiri just had to get herself redeemed. Stupid Vong-spawn. And the scene where she kept seducing Ben was just plain weird.

Daala. The GA Chief of State. WTF?

Who exactly was so invincible?

The duel between Jacen/Jaina was kind of anti-climatic. I mean, the authors had taken the second half of the NJO, the DN, and now the LOTF to build him up in power to someone that could challenge Luke and beat Kyle Katarn, then they let his dimwitted sister slice right through him. Couldn't he have just Force-hurled her into the fusion incinerator INCHES AWAY FROM BOTH OF THEM?!

Finally, I think Invincible was a good book, and I for one am sad to see LOTF end.

And to top it all off...

HA HA TO YOU MOVIE-LOVING FOOLS! JACEN KNOWS SHATTERPOINT NOW! HE'S EVEN BETTER THAN MACE WINDU! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
AHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!
(maniacal laughs fade off into distance)

Jbill311
^^^
Spoilers you JERK

truejedi
the name of the thread did include the word spoilers..

truejedi
Originally posted by caedusrulesall
DAMMIT WILL NOBODY LISTEN TO ME? JACEN IS NOT WHINY, NOR IS HE GAY, AND YOU ALL ONLY HATE HIM BECAUSE HE WAS A CHALLENGE TO YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTERS! AND YOU OBVIOUSLY CAN'T TAKE THAT, AND THAT'S WHY YOU ALL HATE HIM FOR IT AND ESPECIALLY FOR KILLING MARA!

R.I.P. CAEDUS!

There, I said it. Seriously, name to me a couple of times in LOTF where Jacen was whining about something.

Now that that's out of the way, I must say I liked Invincible. Much better than godawful Revelation. Although I think it sucked that Jacen pulled a Vader and used his dying thoughts to warn Tenel Ka. Also, why did he only have to start acting like a proper Sith right before he dies?

Also, is Zekk dead or not?

Isolder is dead. That's pretty cool. I hate Hapans.

Han and Leia just HAD to adopt Allana, didn't they. They couldn't have left her with Tenel Ka.

What happened to Sintas Vel? And Boba Fett?

Oh, great. Tahiri just had to get herself redeemed. Stupid Vong-spawn. And the scene where she kept seducing Ben was just plain weird.

Daala. The GA Chief of State. WTF?

Who exactly was so invincible?

The duel between Jacen/Jaina was kind of anti-climatic. I mean, the authors had taken the second half of the NJO, the DN, and now the LOTF to build him up in power to someone that could challenge Luke and beat Kyle Katarn, then they let his dimwitted sister slice right through him. Couldn't he have just Force-hurled her into the fusion incinerator INCHES AWAY FROM BOTH OF THEM?!

Finally, I think Invincible was a good book, and I for one am sad to see LOTF end.

And to top it all off...

HA HA TO YOU MOVIE-LOVING FOOLS! JACEN KNOWS SHATTERPOINT NOW! HE'S EVEN BETTER THAN MACE WINDU! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
AHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!
(maniacal laughs fade off into distance)

1: Jacen was whiny, not gay, not that stupid, not that weak, just whiny. All his: why don't they understand me, im making so much sacrifice to be evil crap made it obvious. He never seriously challenged luke if you are insinuating that, but he did challenge katarn, i agree.

2. i agree about invincible and revelation, they were pretty much night and day.and i strongly agree about jacen just starting to act like a sith instead of spoiled, though he still catered to the empire too much. he cajoled instead of ruling by fear like vader, so much that they tried something behind his back.

3. zekk probably lives. people dont just disappear in star wars without coming back.

4. now that jacen is dead, its weird the solos have just now adopted allana... seems like danger is way down.

5. SIntas Vel left, i don't remember where too, and Fett can't go home. (you know he was supposed to die, you jus tknow it, and instead Karen Traviss probably bribed Troy Denning to leave him alive...

6.Ben gettting seduced was incredibly awkward.. he's 14... but not stupid. you can't seduce out of a person who knows they are your enemy what you can't torture out...

7. Daala WAS random. supposedly the moffs hated her too, why would SHE be acceptable by anybody? and why would she accept? she never wanted that.

8.no one: stupid title. Mebbe luke, he had obviously been owning Jacen for a lot of books, and Jacen didn't even know it.

9. Duel was bad: especially since Jaina got in a cheap, debihilitating strike in each one before they even started: I mean, lightsaber through the stomach? and Jacen didn't know she was there? And the words "elbow strike" have popped up a lot in this series. Think in your head: does anyone have any idea what that means, without being ridiculous?

10. IMO, (i'm probably going to get mocked for this) LOTF was the best series since the Thrawn trilogy...

and i almost forgot: Luke has Vapaad now too: Plus, Caedus have Shatterpoint was good, but he also got beaten by Jaina, and that was bad: so as far as power goes, i think he broke about even for the final book.

Faunus
*mocks relentlessly* Pieces of the NJO series, like Traitor and The Unifying Force, made LotF look like the garbage it is.

And do you mean chronologically? As in, LotF is the best post-RotJ series since TTT? Cuz if not...

truejedi
Faunus, i kinda hated the entire Yuuzhon Vong war myself, i'm not going to lie, and anytime i read the words "Zonoma Sekot" i want to throw my book across the room.

Elite Hunter
Anyone want to post a spoiler and tell me why Fett can't go home?

truejedi
The empire creates a nano tech designed specifically to kill him, and lets it loose on mandalore.

xxxpoppunker182
honestly there needs to be peace in the SWgalaxy now. i mean come on from the time of the clone wars there has been 5 major wars.

truejedi
no joke, where are these planets even getting resources to keep building ships? i mean, mon cal? aren't they pretty much done with ship building?
I thought of what Rex said about the main characters lives sucking, but what about the whole galaxy? constantly at war for about 100 years? c'mon.

Lord Knightfa11
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
honestly there needs to be peace in the SWgalaxy now. i mean come on from the time of the clone wars there has been 5 major wars.
1. The galaxy is screwed.
2. If there wasn't wars, it wouldn't be star wars.

Captain REX
I was just going to say that. It IS called Star Wars. But come on, there has not been a time of galactic peace since Palpatine received emergency powers. There has been conflict and war since 22 BBY to at least 40 ABY, and we know that the galaxy is plunged into darkness once more around 130 ABY. I doubt there is any peace between the LOTF series and the Legacy comics.

As for resources, I will plead suspension of disbelief as to where they are getting their resources. Not to mention that there are thousands of uninhabited worlds that resources could be drawn from, not to mention asteroids.

In any case, the Mon Calamari continue to build starships until 137 ABY, when the Galactic Alliance destroys their shipyards to cripple the Imperial war effort. Krayt then has ten percent of the population killed in response. They won't be making ships for awhile.

ThoraxeRMG
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
that would be awesome. I would love to see the star wars galaxy totally opressed beyond hope of revival. it would make for a heckova story too.

If the Jedi Exile died somehow earlier and Darth Nihilus was never killed, the whole galaxy would be in a hole. Because a lot of people would be dead.

truejedi
would anyone be interested in a story of how these civs first discovered hyperspace anyway? i think that might be good. Is it some forgotten race, i mean, we know they had it as long ago as the Rakata empire.

Elite Hunter
My only problem with the story is the year in which it takes place. The fact that the sith are back ruling the galaxy in under 100 years of Luke's death disgusts me. It diminishes the jedi order that Luke established imo.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
My only problem with the story is the year in which it takes place. The fact that the sith are back ruling the galaxy in under 100 years of Luke's death disgusts me. It diminishes the jedi order that Luke established imo.

That's exactly the paramount issue involving Legacy. I would understand if it was 1,000 years later, but 100 years later and everything is back to the way it was? Please. Legacy authors are almost as dumb as the LOTF ones.

truejedi
it makes Luke's life a waste really, he fought the dark side, and for peace for his entire life, and then its immediately back to how it was.

xxxpoppunker182
1. The galaxy is screwed.

look at the star wars galaxy and you still find gaps of thousands of years without any huge major galaxy spanning war

Captain REX
Yes, but please take notice that there is very little, if any, content that takes place during these periods.

Darth Scythe

I thought about that too. But you can still have plenty of adventures in the SW universe and even violent plots without having everything turn into a galaxy wide war. I, Jedi is a pretty good example of that. I mean it was pretty much Corran & Luke vs some pirates and it made for good reading. Yeah, the New Republic was fighting the Remnant still at the time but it didn't get that wrapped up in that story. Same goes for Survivors Quest.

I think they do need to chill with the potentially Galaxy ending conflict and billions of people killing, threat to everything everyone has worked for type wars. Thats why I think the Millenium Falcon book will be a nice read, because it'll get away with that.

I have a question of my own though after finishing Invincible. What happened to Niathal? They made a vague comment about her, but that really didn't explicitly state what her individual fate was.

I assumed right about one thing though, that the end of this series would see Jag Fel running the Remnant.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.