Who can beat the Spectre?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
This is an Spectre with a host, but he is not fully backed up by the source. The host is Corrigan.

Who under TOAA or the Presence can take wins against him?

WrathfulDwarf
Sorry...but this fight would go on forever.

fangirl101
mr. mxy of new earth can. as i just found out that there are different versions, and only one is truly omnipotent. ug.

the arc angel michael can and has.

lucifer talks trash to the spectre. he can.

destiny of the endless.

the word.

the geb.

the fully powered source.

i think they all can do it.

TrollDog
Beyonder could do it.
Molecule man could to.
LT would.
Hotu....idk

Eon Blue
John Wayne Gacy.

fangirl101
Originally posted by TrollDog
Beyonder could do it.
Molecule man could to.
LT would.
Hotu....idk

beyonder- no.
molecule man-hell no. a human? who's soul could easily be ripped out?
lt- no. equals.
hotu. most definitely.

TrollDog
Originally posted by fangirl101
beyonder- no.
lt- no. equals.
hotu. most definitely. Horseshit.
You know nothing about Pre retcon beyonder or Molecule man

fangirl101
Horseshit.
You know nothing about Pre retcon beyonder or Molecule man

i know that the preretconned beyonder had all the power minus that of the marvel u. thus, he was NOT omnipotent.

I know that he never beat the lt on panel.

i know that the molecule man never beat the lt on panel. and the feats that the molecule man did do in that arc are EASILY replicated by the LT and a host of others. hell, scarlet witch and mad jim jaspers are more impressive than the classic molecule man. care to go a few rounds with me? you wont' win. Fangirl101.

Guys dumb enough to say Huc.

King Kandy
Beyonder could do it.
Molecule man could to.
LT would.
Hotu....idk
Okay how the hell could LT win and yet THOTU fail to do so?

Bentley
beyonder- no.
lt- no. equals.
hotu. most definitely.

He is not fully backed up though.

TrollDog
i know that the preretconned beyonder had all the power minus that of the marvel u. thus, he was NOT omnipotent.

I know that he never beat the lt on panel.

i know that the molecule man never beat the lt on panel. and the feats that the molecule man did do in that arc are EASILY replicated by the LT and a host of others. hell, scarlet witch and mad jim jaspers are more impressive than the classic molecule man. care to go a few rounds with me? you wont' win. Fangirl101. Fail.thumb down
Threats? You fail fanboy.

fangirl101
Fail.thumb down
Threats? You fail fanboy.
fanGIRL dearest trolldog. and telling me I fail without refuting is a sure sign that you concede.

TrollDog
fanGIRL dearest trolldog. and telling me I fail without refuting is a sure sign that you concede. know nothing about who Pr molecule man or beyonder is.

You fail almost as much as spectre which is alot.

TricksterPriest
know nothing about who Pr molecule man or beyonder is.

You fail almost as much as spectre which is alot.

Ok Trolldog. Frankly, I don't care what kind of scans or subjective bias Mr. Master or whoever else brings to this. Neither of those 2 is comparable to the Wrath of God.

LT or Hotu could win or stalemate. But aside from true divine power, you're not beating Spectre.

quanchi112
Ok here goes. Ig could beat it. Lt,classic Beyonder,classic MM,Scathan,hotu,etc. Need I go on?

Bentley
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Ok Trolldog. Frankly, I don't care what kind of scans or subjective bias Mr. Master or whoever else brings to this. Neither of those 2 is comparable to the Wrath of God.

LT or Hotu could win or stalemate. But aside from true divine power, you're not beating Spectre.

There is also the AM.

fangirl101
Originally posted by quanchi112
Ok here goes. Ig could beat it. Lt,classic Beyonder,classic MM,Scathan,hotu,etc. Need I go on?

the ig has NO omniversal feats what so ever. it hasn't defeated a single multiversal concept in a fight. the ig gets depowered as if it were the lt. the classic beyonder has never EVER fought any being as powerful as the spectre. there for, he loses until he has ACTUAL feats. scathan beat someone with LT's powers but none of his backing or instruction from the one above all. feat invalid. the heart of the u is a given that it wins. now back to our regularly scheduled unBAISED forums.

quanchi112
the ig has NO omniversal feats what so ever. it hasn't defeated a single multiversal concept in a fight. the ig gets depowered as if it were the lt. the classic beyonder has never EVER fought any being as powerful as the spectre. there for, he loses until he has ACTUAL feats. scathan beat someone with LT's powers but none of his backing or instruction from the one above all. feat invalid. the heart of the u is a given that it wins. now back to our regularly scheduled unBAISED forums. Ig defeated abstracts that are multiversal in nature. Show me anyone depowering the ig user without the ig user allowing it. stick out tongue

Beyonder scared the Lt who is more powerful than Spectre.

Scathan has demonstrated power defeating someone who had the Lt's powers easily.

Again when you say someone easily depowers the ig back it up with an example otherwise you are making stuff up again.

fangirl101
Ig defeated abstracts that are multiversal in nature. Show me anyone depowering the ig user without the ig user allowing it. stick out tongue

Beyonder scared the Lt who is more powerful than Spectre.

Scathan has demonstrated power defeating someone who had the Lt's powers easily.

Again when you say someone easily depowers the ig back it up with an example otherwise you are making stuff up again.
show me one multiversal BEING that the ig defeated.

not that it matters since the spectre is beyond multiversal.

show me the beyonder BEATING someone as powerful as the spectre. scaring someone means jack. i want an actual feat.

scathan beat someone who has the power of the lt but none of the xperience. whoop de doop. black alice could do that.

the spectre depowered a couple of beings as powerful or more than the ig. he could simply destroy one of the gems. no more ig.

quanchi112
show me one multiversal BEING that the ig defeated.

not that it matters since the spectre is beyond multiversal.

show me the beyonder BEATING someone as powerful as the spectre. scaring someone means jack. i want an actual feat.

scathan beat someone who has the power of the lt but none of the xperience. whoop de doop. black alice could do that.

the spectre depowered a couple of beings as powerful or more than the ig. he could simply destroy one of the gems. no more ig. The Spectre isnt beyond multiversal. The Spectre killed Darkseid but couldnt keep him dead. The Spectre was held up by Mxy in a cage and was powerless to get out on his own. The Spectre also couldnt defeat Am on his own. Lots of times he has failed. The time the Spectre fought the Am he was amped by other sorcerers and magicians.

the Darkone
Classic Beyonder
Classic Molecule Man
Thanos or anybody w/ heart of the universe
Living Tribunal
Classic Anti-Monitor
Archangel Michael
Lucifer

fangirl101
The Spectre isnt beyond multiversal. The Spectre killed Darkseid but couldnt keep him dead. The Spectre was held up by Mxy in a cage and was powerless to get out on his own. The Spectre also couldnt defeat Am on his own. Lots of times he has failed. The time the Spectre fought the Am he was amped by other sorcerers and magicians. so you try and attack the spectre instead of actually coming up with the evidence i ask you.

darksied was protected by the source. source>>everybody.

the mxy of new earth is omnipotent. if you didn't know. now you do. there are different versions of mxy. some of them have near infinite power. new earth mxy is omnipotent. and omniversal.

the spectre was never meant to defeat the am. just stop him from eating the multiverse. research is important in debates.

fangirl101
Originally posted by the Darkone
Classic Beyonder
Classic Molecule Man
Thanos or anybody w/ heart of the universe
Living Tribunal
Classic Anti-Monitor
Archangel Michael
Lucifer

whom has classic beyonder or molecule man defeated on par with the spectre.

quanchi112
so you try and attack the spectre instead of actually coming up with the evidence i ask you.

darksied was protected by the source. source>>everybody.

the mxy of new earth is omnipotent. if you didn't know. now you do. there are different versions of mxy. some of them have near infinite power. new earth mxy is omnipotent. and omniversal.

the spectre was never meant to defeat the am. just stop him from eating the multiverse. research is important in debates. The Source couldnt defeat Darkseid when he stole the souls of the dead new gods. Darkseid looked to be more powerful and if not for calling on Orion Ds might have won.

Nah. Mxy is beatable and depowered easily it seems. he isnt even someone with an agenda. hes a jackass who can defeat the Spectre if he feels up to it. LOL. The Am took on the multiverse and kicked its ass. Had everyone not banded together he would have won. The Spectre was also amped by other magicians to for that fight and wasnt under his own power. It shows he needs others to combat a menace like this. wink

See the Spectre cant override the source. The Source was bullied by an amped Darkseid who was near where near as powerful as the ig.LOL. These beings just arent as powerful as marvels big boys and their powerful artifacts.

the Darkone
whom has classic beyonder or molecule man defeated on par with the spectre.

Classic Beyonder scared sh** out of LT and he is equal to Spectre, even Classic Molecule Man put fear in LT and Molecule Man defeated Classic Beyonder.

Lord Feron
yeah classic beyonder is uber and so is the MM despite being a pansy sometimes. I think LT i actually greater Spectre but thats another thread. Too bad LT doesn't get as much face time as Spectre.

fangirl101
Originally posted by the Darkone
Classic Beyonder scared sh** out of LT and he is equal to Spectre, even Classic Molecule Man put fear in LT and Molecule Man defeated Classic Beyonder.

he scared the shit out of the CLASSIC LT. wouldn't you agree that the LT isn't the same as he was then. this new lt faced thanos with the heart and was NOT shaking in his pants. even tho he was over matched. makes you wonder if the beyonder really could beat him. we'll never know since the beyonder NEVER fought anyone on that lvl. how could molecule man beat the lt even classic, when the lt can wipe away the 616 and all traces of it, with finality and ease?

fangirl101
The Source couldnt defeat Darkseid when he stole the souls of the dead new gods. Darkseid looked to be more powerful and if not for calling on Orion Ds might have won.

Nah. Mxy is beatable and depowered easily it seems. he isnt even someone with an agenda. hes a jackass who can defeat the Spectre if he feels up to it. LOL. The Am took on the multiverse and kicked its ass. Had everyone not banded together he would have won. The Spectre was also amped by other magicians to for that fight and wasnt under his own power. It shows he needs others to combat a menace like this. wink

See the Spectre cant override the source. The Source was bullied by an amped Darkseid who was near where near as powerful as the ig.LOL. These beings just arent as powerful as marvels big boys and their powerful artifacts.
sighs. darksied was using the sources own power against him. didn't you realize that? that is why darksied said he couldn't destroy the source becuz the power he wielded was tied to the source. geez.

there is more than one mxy. and he isn't easily beatable. it takes prep, and i've never seen him depowered completely. the spectre was only meant to stop the am from eating reality. he accomplished his job. then he tried to do what he wasn't supposed to. now the insulting of comic characters aside, answer my points. not with insults and what you WISH would have happened. cuz clearly it's CLEAR, that you dont' have a CLEAR picture of what is CLEARLY stated on panel.

norrinradd43
Spawn at his most powerful owns Specter

fangirl101
Originally posted by norrinradd43
Spawn at his most powerful owns Specter
confused confused confused

psycho gundam
spawn doesn't count in this thread but he would own specter as he would own god in his entirety.

fangirl101
Originally posted by psycho gundam
spawn doesn't count in this thread but he would own specter as he would own god in his entirety. god is not a supreme being in spawn's universe. MOM is. MOM would be equal to the presence. thus spawn would not beat the spectre.

TrollDog
Spawn at his most powerful owns Specter laughing out loud
Skyfather max.

norrinradd43
god is not a supreme being in spawn's universe. MOM is. MOM would be equal to the presence. thus spawn would not beat the spectre. confused
It is true that God is not the supreme being in Image, Man of Miracles is...but Spawn at his best is above Image's God and below MOM...I dont see how this justifies FP Spawn losing to spectre...if anything it puts Spawn on the level of Michael who owned Spectre.

fangirl101
confused
It is true that God is not the supreme being in Image, Man of Miracles is...but Spawn at his best is above Image's God and below MOM...I dont see how this justifies FP Spawn losing to spectre...if anything it puts Spawn on the level of Michael who owned Spectre.
no. michael is the living power of god. spawn is NOTHING near that. just becuz he's more powerful than images "god" who only controls like half of earth or something retarded like that" does not make him even galactic in my book. what galaxy bending feats does spawn have?

Barbarian Shams
God Spawn is second only to the Man of Miracles whom is Image's one true Supreme God. Michael and Lucifer are truly second only to god, with Michael being God's true right hand warrior and the bearer of the Demiurgos, or power of God. Anyhow, Godspawn is truly just that, immortal, unkillable, and unbeatable. A true immortal with no weaknesses and unlimited power. MoM was the one who bestowed the power and therefore can also taketh away if he so chooses. Anywho, I'd wager money on Godspawn beating this Spectre incarnation.

psycho gundam
god is god nvr, both companies are talking about the same character concept.

norrinradd43
Originally posted by Barbarian Shams
God Spawn is second only to the Man of Miracles whom is Image's one true Supreme God. Michael and Lucifer are truly second only to god, with Michael being God's true right hand warrior and the bearer of the Demiurgos, or power of God. Anyhow, Godspawn is truly just that, immortal, unkillable, and unbeatable. A true immortal with no weaknesses and unlimited power. MoM was the one who bestowed the power and therefore can also taketh away if he so chooses. Anywho, I'd wager money on Godspawn beating this Spectre incarnation. Agreed...After Spawn ate from the Tree of Life he was Omnipotent in every way and was under the full protecton of MoM who was the only one who could have taken his power...granted his power did not last, but while it did he would have crushed Spectre and was at least equal to Michael.

fangirl101
god is god nvr, both companies are talking about the same character concept.

Supreme beings do not hold the same name. God in image is not the supreme being. The presence is the supreme being of dc. they are NOT talking about the same concept. and are you saying god is or he never is? make up your mind.

fangirl101
Agreed...After Spawn ate from the Tree of Life he was Omnipotent in every way and was under the full protecton of MoM who was the only one who could have taken his power...granted his power did not last, but while it did he would have crushed Spectre and was at least equal to Michael.
Q?

spidey-dude
Originally posted by Bentley
This is an Spectre with a host, but he is not fully backed up by the source. The host is Corrigan.

Who under TOAA or the Presence can take wins against him? galactus as beaten spectre before

norrinradd43
Originally posted by spidey-dude
galactus as beaten spectre before Huh??!?! blink

fangirl101
Originally posted by spidey-dude
galactus as beaten spectre before
galactus was literally bitched and hollowed out and made into a couch by krona. who then got pwned by the combined power of the 12 artifacts of power. which the hal jordan spectre Easily overcame. for perspective.

King Kandy
Pre-Retcon Beyonder and Molecule Man
LT
HOTU
Michael and Lucifer
Scathan

fangirl101
Originally posted by King Kandy
Pre-Retcon Beyonder and Molecule Man
LT
HOTU
Michael and Lucifer
Scathan scathan has one win against a being who did not have the direction of the one above all nor the experience of the lt. scratch that as a noteworthy feat.

the lt is a tie.

the heart wins.

mike and lucy win

the preretconned beyonder nore the molecule man have ONE feat that is beyond the spectre's power, nor do they have any ACTUAL victories over anyone in spectre's weight class.

King Kandy
Scathan has one showing where he defeats an LT level being. That's the only showing he has, and it's what his power is based on.

The Pre-Retconned fellows were both above the LT.

fangirl101
Originally posted by King Kandy
Scathan has one showing where he defeats an LT level being. That's the only showing he has, and it's what his power is based on.

The Pre-Retconned fellows were both above the LT. they were above the lt. did they do anything that the lt cannot do? since they never fought the lt, all we have to go on is feats correct? if the lt decided to wipe 616 from history, wouldn't that include the molecule man?

kevdude
The Source couldnt defeat Darkseid when he stole the souls of the dead new gods. Darkseid looked to be more powerful and if not for calling on Orion Ds might have won.

You still don't get dotng do you?? laughing out loud

quanchi112
sighs. darksied was using the sources own power against him. didn't you realize that? that is why darksied said he couldn't destroy the source becuz the power he wielded was tied to the source. geez.

there is more than one mxy. and he isn't easily beatable. it takes prep, and i've never seen him depowered completely. the spectre was only meant to stop the am from eating reality. he accomplished his job. then he tried to do what he wasn't supposed to. now the insulting of comic characters aside, answer my points. not with insults and what you WISH would have happened. cuz clearly it's CLEAR, that you dont' have a CLEAR picture of what is CLEARLY stated on panel. Uhm he was using the new gods souls while the Source still had use of his power. Why do you think they were going back and forth. The source was clueless that anyone could catch onto his plans. The source isnt even close to allknowing.

Prime and Annataz did it easily. They scared the utter shit out of him back to the fifth dimension.

Again the Spectre needed to amp himself with other magicians and sorcerers powers to accomplish this as on his own power he couldnt do jack to the Am.

quanchi112
Originally posted by kevdude
You still don't get dotng do you?? laughing out loud You never got it and were called out by everyone in the death of the new gods. They were actually putting up scans and yet you still didnt get it. laughing out loud

quanchi112
galactus was literally bitched and hollowed out and made into a couch by krona. who then got pwned by the combined power of the 12 artifacts of power. which the hal jordan spectre Easily overcame. for perspective. That wasnt normal Krona. When did the Spectre save the day. He helped out but I thought Hawkeye ended the threat that is Krona. laughing out loud

kevdude
You never got it and were called out by everyone in the death of the new gods. They were actually putting up scans and yet you still didnt get it. laughing out loud

Thats the problem with you, only reading a few pages and thinking your right eek! . If everyone jumped off the empire state building would you?

quanchi112
scathan has one win against a being who did not have the direction of the one above all nor the experience of the lt. scratch that as a noteworthy feat.

the lt is a tie.

the heart wins.

mike and lucy win

the preretconned beyonder nore the molecule man have ONE feat that is beyond the spectre's power, nor do they have any ACTUAL victories over anyone in spectre's weight class. Spectre couldnt beat Am. He needed to amp himself to just stall him while the other heroes stopped him. Lt stomps him. He would need to amp himself like in coie to even compete.

Heart dominates. Beyonder and MM dominate as well. Ig defeats him as well.

fangirl101
Thats the problem with you, only reading a few pages and thinking your right eek! . If everyone jumped off the empire state building would you?
i think i'll try arguing with a brick wall. you should join me. we both have experience in this matter. and we both seem to like it.

quanchi112
Thats the problem with you, only reading a few pages and thinking your right eek! . If everyone jumped off the empire state building would you? I read it myself and no one got what you said because it was so far off imo. No one agreed with you.

kevdude
i think i'll try arguing with a brick wall. you should join me. we both have experience in this matter. and we both seem to like it.

Yeah I know lol, nobody agreed with me especially those that never understood it! Well at least those at Wiki that know how to 'read' all of dotng agree with me. big grin

fangirl101
Yeah I know lol, nobody agreed with me especially those that never understood it! Well at least those at Wiki that know how to 'read' all of dotng agree with me. big grin

clue me in on the details of the argument. i'll let you know what i think. i'm a trusted, fair, source, when it comes to the dc cosmos.

quanchi112
Yeah I know lol, nobody agreed with me especially those that never understood it! Well at least those at Wiki that know how to 'read' all of dotng agree with me. big grin Wiki is your source. LOL.

fangirl101
That wasnt normal Krona. When did the Spectre save the day. He helped out but I thought Hawkeye ended the threat that is Krona. laughing out loud aren't you the same person who like sto say captain marvel fought spectre when clearly that wasn't normal spectre or normal cm? so funny how you can remember what wasn't "normal" anyone when it suits you. that is krona's power lvl, if you didnt' know.

kevdude
Wiki is your source. LOL.

LOL no the comic's is "my souce", yours is reading a few pages and thinking thats enough! sick

quanchi112
LOL no the comic is "my souce", yours is reading a few pages and thinking thats enough! sick Again I read it as did everyone else who told you how way off you were. You never responded or countered when they started posting scans telling you what it meant either. You just said you are wrong, LOL.

fangirl101
Again I read it as did everyone else who told you how way off you were. You never responded or countered when they started posting scans telling you what it meant either. You just said you are wrong, LOL. what the hell was he saying and what were you disagreeing with? i can tell you for sure if he was right or you were. i'm a newgod type of girl.

quanchi112
aren't you the same person who like sto say captain marvel fought spectre when clearly that wasn't normal spectre or normal cm? so funny how you can remember what wasn't "normal" anyone when it suits you. that is krona's power lvl, if you didnt' know. I never said Marvel wasnt amped. The spectre was on his own hostless. Its not my fault he needs someone to guide his ass. The Spectre needs a host because otherwise he is running around on a magical crusade even though he didnt destroy any magic at all.

quanchi112
what the hell was he saying and what were you disagreeing with? i can tell you for sure if he was right or you were. i'm a newgod type of girl. Look in the death of the new gods thread in the comic section.

kevdude
Again I read it as did everyone else who told you how way off you were. You never responded or countered when they started posting scans telling you what it meant either. You just said you are wrong, LOL.

Wrong again Quanchi, I stated what books to read and where but you simply read a few pages of 8 and think thats ALL of DOTNG!! wink

quanchi112
Wrong again Quanchi, I stated what books to read and where but you simply read a few pages of 8 and think thats ALL of DOTNG!! wink Nope I read the whole thing and a scan simply stated how wrong your theory was. I dont care what you think but no one else bought into it. Carry on. smile

draxx_tOfU
Batkick > Spectre

fangirl101
Originally posted by quanchi112 Nope I read the whole thing and a scan simply stated how wrong your theory was._ I dont care what you think but no one else bought into it._ Carry on. smile just tell me the theory.

jumpmann
You can't kill the Spectre, since he is spirit. To say ThanosHeart/LT/Beyonder>Spectre is saying those dudes>God, which I'm going to go out on a limb and say that is incorrect.

Lord Feron
There is nothing greater in DC then Spectre? Thought it was THe presence. Still think LT is greater or atleast = to spectre and thanos with the heart idk but with the IG yeah he is = to LT or the spectre. Classic beyonder i'm not sure could be like abstract skyfather lvl not sure.

starlock
Hmmmm I.M.O

IG wielder
Hotu
Michael
Lucifer
Parallax/zero hour
GEB

fangirl101
Originally posted by starlock
Hmmmm I.M.O

IG wielder
Hotu
Michael
Lucifer
Parallax/zero hour
GEB

the ig hasn't beaten the lt, so how could it beat the spectre? parallax got his ass kicked by spectre.

starlock
the ig hasn't beaten the lt, so how could it beat the spectre? parallax got his ass kicked by spectre.

Knowing the fairness of your nature....your telling me in zero hour parallax did not beat spectre?call it p.i.s or jobbing but its clear as day, i dont think your being objective here, The LT never fought an active IG wielder so who knows, that to me means its debatable wink

Utrigita
Didn't Spectre during the JLA/Avenger crossover overwrite the combined effect of numorous powerful Marvel and DC artifacts among them the IG?

starlock
Originally posted by Utrigita
Didn't Spectre during the JLA/Avenger crossover overwrite the combined effect of numorous powerful Marvel and DC artifacts among them the IG?

Hmmm i actually read it again about a week ago, i dont remember that, but if i remember when i get home i will check tonight

Btw i really liked it, it surprises me how much it is hated from what i read here(granted not much, but what i did read was not good),its a dream come true for me, and i read it whenever i can smile

Juntai
Didn't Spectre during the JLA/Avenger crossover overwrite the combined effect of numorous powerful Marvel and DC artifacts among them the IG? PIS.

Most Marvel characters stronger than Silver Surfer could solo Spectre.

Utrigita
Thanos?

Juntai
Thanos? Sure, why not? He's buff.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/spectre_power.jpg
He's by far the most powerful being in creation. The hand of God.

That makes him herald level in Marvel.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Juntai
Sure, why not? He's buff.

exactly. the fanboyism that is marvel is REDICULOUS.

fangirl101
Didn't Spectre during the JLA/Avenger crossover overwrite the combined effect of numorous powerful Marvel and DC artifacts among them the IG? yes. the ig, the spear of destiny, the book of fate, the un, among them combined.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Juntai
Sure, why not? He's buff.

Yep anyone can down the spectre, Sentry most likely could shifty

Estacado
Galactus with the UN.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Estacado
Galactus with the UN.

no. The Spectre>>>>>>>>>>>Multi eternity. and that is as far as we've seen the power of the un erase.

I love DC
exactly. the fanboyism that is marvel is REDICULOUS. You are acting like your feelings are hurt because the Spectre can lose here.

fangirl101
Originally posted by I love DC
You are acting like your feelings are hurt because the Spectre can lose here.
did you not see dr. fate say that the spectre was the most poweful creature in creation by far. no one can beat him save the power of God himself.

draxx_tOfU
so? statements hold weight these days?...

Galactus = Sentry

-K-M-
did you not see dr. fate say that the spectre was the most poweful creature in creation by far. no one can beat him save the power of God himself.

That wasn't Dr.Fate, but yeah

fangirl101
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
so? statements hold weight these days?...

Galactus = Sentry

A statement from someone with the helm of nabu holds more weight than that of spiderman. Oh yeah, and the spectre has easily overcome the combined might of the ig, the un, a cosmic cube, the oan battery, the spear of destiny, etc.

draxx_tOfU
A statement from someone with the helm of nabu holds more weight than that of spiderman. Oh yeah, and the spectre has easily overcome the combined might of the ig, the un, a cosmic cube, the oan battery, the spear of destiny, etc.

just paraphrasing what you said in another thread in response to someone...

your circular logic is amazing...

smile

-K-M-
A statement from someone with the helm of nabu

Wasn't the Helm of Nabu either, actually a person impersonating it.

psycho gundam
exactly. the fanboyism that is marvel is REDICULOUS.

no. The Spectre>>>>>>>>>>>Multi eternity. and that is as far as we've seen the power of the un erase.

Astner
I don't care whatever he's second too.

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/9109/capmarvelrunsoutofmagicto0.th.jpg

If he couldn't deal with a universal powersource (and that's just some of the magic) propperly, then he's no match for the higher tiers in Marvel.

I could also add the photage of Emperor Joker forcing the Spectre into a bird-cage.
Or Mxyzptlk from World's Funnest killing the Spectre multiple times through the Mutliverse.

Spectre ain't shit in comparison to LT.

fangirl101
just paraphrasing what you said in another thread in response to someone...

your circular logic is amazing...

smile

circlular to those who cannot understand that a statement with no weight behind it is nothing like a statement with weight. the spectre has feats to back up the statement.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Astner

If he couldn't deal with a universal powersource (and that's just some of the magic) propperly, then he's no match for the higher tiers in Marvel.

I could also add the photage of Emperor Joker forcing the Spectre into a bird-cage.
Or Mxyzptlk from World's Funnest killing the Spectre multiple times through the Mutliverse.

Spectre ain't shit in comparison to LT.

the mxy from new earth is described as omnipotent and only being able to be stopped by the presence himself. new earth mxy was depowered by a hostless spectre. the lt couldn't kill korvak. who was less than universal. he ran a pocket universe of sorts. spectre fought the arc angel mike. anyone else would have been steam rolled in a one on one fight with mike. Let's not forget the lt got bitched by a mutant. stop being biased.

quanchi112

Spectre ain't shit in comparison to LT. Exactly. He as stomped out of him mind under his own power here by Marvel. The Spectre hostless on his own isnt near the big leaguers.

quanchi112
A statement from someone with the helm of nabu holds more weight than that of spiderman. Oh yeah, and the spectre has easily overcome the combined might of the ig, the un, a cosmic cube, the oan battery, the spear of destiny, etc. Show me the scan. Show me an ig user easily being bested by the Spectre.

quanchi112
did you not see dr. fate say that the spectre was the most poweful creature in creation by far. no one can beat him save the power of God himself. So what. Am was powerful than any Spectre I saw. He almost destroyed the multi. Spectre had to amp himself just to stall this badass. There were colors undreamt of by the Presence himself in this story.

Astner
the mxy from new earth is described as omnipotent and only being able to be stopped by the presence himself.
Cube beings, in the Marvel handbook are described as omnipotents. That doesn't really say much considering how Celestials are infintely more powerful.

So it's just like 11 to 1 in Mxy's favor? Your argument is weak.

Since it seems like you don't even know what really happen, I suggest you find Mr Master's scans of the event, and read them. So that you could see how wrong you actually are.

Spectre lost to Michael, the fight went for three pages, the first they talked, the second there was a confrontation, and on the third Spectre was lying on the clouds beaten into submission.
Protege against the Living Tribunal was PIS, but fact is, Protege could copy anyones power.

fangirl101
Cube beings, in the Marvel handbook are described as omnipotents. That doesn't really say much considering how Celestials are infintely more powerful.

Since it seems like you don't even know what really happen, I suggest you find Mr Master's scans of the event, and read them. So that you could see how wrong you actually are.

Spectre lost to Michael, the fight went for three pages, the first they talked, the second there was a confrontation, and on the third Spectre was lying on the clouds beaten into submission.
Protege against the Living Tribunal was PIS, but fact is, Protege could copy anyones power.

i choose to not engage you in any more debate as it seems you have a painfully obvious distain for dc cosmics and that does indeed cloud your view of them. you have a good time debating with someone else.

quanchi112

Protege against the Living Tribunal was PIS, but fact is, Protege could copy anyones power. Yes Protege could also defeat him. smile

Astner
i choose to not engage you in any more debate as it seems you have a painfully obvious distain for dc cosmics and that does indeed cloud your view of them. you have a good time debating with someone else.
Translation* fangirl101: It seems my knowledge of Marvel is too restricted for me to actually bring up a valid argument to counter anything you've said. And since I can't bring this argument futher, but don't want to look like a complete jerk who bases his entire argument on nothing but obvious fanboyism (well, he does it anyways) I'm going to put the blame on you. And since you didn't say nothing wrong I can't be specific and have to say that your argument in general is flawed so that you'll continue searching for that unexisting flaw. Good day.

fangirl101
Translation* fangirl101: It seems my knowledge of Marvel is too restricted for me to actually bring up a valid argument to counter anything you've said. And since I can't bring this argument futher, but don't want to look like a complete jerk who bases his entire argument on nothing but obvious fanboyism (well, he does it anyways) I'm going to put the blame on you. And since you didn't say nothing wrong I can't be specific and have to say that your argument in general is flawed so that you'll continue searching for that unexisting flaw. Good day.

If this is your attempt to get me to argue with you when you are clearly marvel biased, then it won't work. It was already explained in DC universe Zero about the Spectre's power and why it "appears" to be different lvls. pick it up. it's a good read.

draxx_tOfU

laughing out loud

quanchi112
laughing out loud laughing

quanchi112
If this is your attempt to get me to argue with you when you are clearly marvel biased, then it won't work. It was already explained in DC universe Zero about the Spectre's power and why it "appears" to be different lvls. pick it up. it's a good read. Spectre is all about amps and hosts. Without him hes clueless and not as powerful.

Astner
I think he's using the Marvel vs DC (non-canon) series as his main argument.

When Spectre merged with the Source he was freaked out by the power.

Spectre is far from the top in the DC universe. Surpassed by the likes of Michael, Lucifer, 5D-imps etc.

kevdude
Spectre is all about amps and hosts. Without him hes clueless and not as powerful.

roll eyes (sarcastic) So I guess everyone he defeated 5D IMPs included during DOV was a weakling. Do you even remember the big names he defeated?? It must have been a major shock (really shouldn't be) for you to read JLA/Avengers and see Krona really take it to some of the Marvel beings.

guy222
The Word

fangirl101

Spectre is far from the top in the DC universe. Surpassed by the likes of Michael, Lucifer, 5D-imps etc.

Lucifer=the will of God
The Arc Angel= The Power of God
The Spectre= the hand of God
Mr. Mxy of new earth, the omnipotent imp, all others are only nearly omnipotent.

marvel vs. dc is non cannon so I don't know why he would use that as is argument. simply put, there is nothing that is outside the scope of spectre's power except for direct links to supreme beings.

Astner
What's Spectre's greatest feat?

fangirl101
What's Spectre's greatest feat?

Depowering New Earth Mxy
over coming the combined effects of the Ig,un, cosmic cube, oan battery, spear of destiny, and more.
merging to become god

starlock
i thought this was Spectre not fully backed by the source and its host is corrigan, can we at least pay attention to the thread starter please....or does it not matter? if not fine spectre is spectre no matter who is the host? i am not a master of all things spectre and i have read allot of his stuff, but...the thread starter did say not fully backed by the source though....and if DC universe # 0 is any indication...i think the host does matter in some way?

Astner
Depowering New Earth Mxy
Low-end feat. Could be accomplished by muliple characters in Marvel.

Actually, overcomming a gem isn't that hard. And I don't think he overcame the Ultimate Nullifier in that non-canon crossover.

The only feat he demonstrated then was that he couldn't handle God's power. Which sadly, Thanos could.

-K-M-
The JLA/Avengers story is actually canon and referenced as such *shrugs*

I'm generally not a fan of any crossovers

Astner
I've been given a link when people refered to that. However nothing about continuity (canon) was mentioned.

WrathfulDwarf
Low-end feat. Could be accomplished by muliple characters in Marvel.

Actually, overcomming a gem isn't that hard. And I don't think he overcame the Ultimate Nullifier in that non-canon crossover.

The only feat he demonstrated then was that he couldn't handle God's power. Which sadly, Thanos could.

You do know that Marvel's gadgets are worth shit in the DCU, right?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=451186&pagenumber=1

Astner
That is if Spectre is fighting in the DCU.

Erik-Lensherr
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
You do know that Marvel's gadgets are worth shit in the DCU, right?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=451186&pagenumber=1

Lulz.

I just saw his post due to the fact that you quoted it, and all the 3 'arguments' he brought up are wrong.

laughing out loud

Astner
The burden of proof lies upon you.

-K-M-
I've been given a link when people refered to that. However nothing about continuity (canon) was mentioned.

Referenced in the handbooks concerning the Cosmic Egg or something along the lines of that

Bentley
Originally posted by starlock
i thought this was Spectre not fully backed by the source and its host is corrigan, can we at least pay attention to the thread starter please....or does it not matter? if not fine spectre is spectre no matter who is the host? i am not a master of all things spectre and i have read allot of his stuff, but...the thread starter did say not fully backed by the source though....and if DC universe # 0 is any indication...i think the host does matter in some way?

I like posters who read the thread.

starlock
Originally posted by Bentley
I like posters who read the thread.

Thanks...though to be honest...people enjoy arguing and one-uping eachother more than having a fun debate...... confused

i was having a fun debate with Fangirl101 and then the thread went to hell, what can you say, it seemed you were interested in using the thread for info and getting a good idea where and how a corrigan/not fully backed spectre would fare....since DC universe #0 i have also had questions concerning where they are going with him and what his role in final crisis would be

Sorry if your initial idea does not help you or entertain you, but i hope you get somthing out of it thumb up

quanchi112

Spectre is far from the top in the DC universe. Surpassed by the likes of Michael, Lucifer, 5D-imps etc. Yes it did seem he wasnt never meant to handle such power.

quanchi112
Depowering New Earth Mxy
over coming the combined effects of the Ig,un, cosmic cube, oan battery, spear of destiny, and more.
merging to become god The ig doesnt work in the dcu remember. The ig has been shown to erase beings and what not with a mere thought. When has the Spectre ever done this to a powerhouse being?

Combat_Guru
The strongest character under TOAA and The Presence is The Living Tribunal, second only to The Great Evil Beast.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Combat_Guru
The strongest character under TOAA and The Presence is The Living Tribunal, second only to The Great Evil Beast. See I always though the geb was equal to that of the presence. I could be wrong though.

Astner
See I always though the geb was equal to that of the presence. I could be wrong though.
Back in the day the YHWH from Vertigo was two beings. the Great Darkness (GEB) and the Ultimate Light. These two merged and formed the YHWH of today.
GEB + UL = YHWH
GEB = UL
YHWH - UL = GEB
YHWH > GEB

Then again, YHWH stated in lucifer 75 that he wasn't supreme.

quanchi112
Back in the day the YHWH from Vertigo was two beings. the Great Darkness (GEB) and the Ultimate Light. These two merged and formed the YHWH of today.
GEB + UL = YHWH
GEB = UL
YHWH - UL = GEB
YHWH > GEB

Then again, YHWH stated in lucifer 75 that he wasn't supreme. Very confusing it seems.

Endless Mike
No, the "Ultimate Light" is just another name for The Presence, aka YHWH. He said he was "crafted by forces external to himself", which can be interpreted many ways

Erik-Lensherr
Originally posted by Endless Mike
No, the "Ultimate Light" is just another name for The Presence, aka YHWH. He said he was "crafted by forces external to himself", which can be interpreted many ways

thumb up

I've always seen those force by which he was shaped as being the Great Evil Beast and 'Ultimate Light'.

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/2738/ud1ot7.th.jpg
http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/8153/ul1qz3.th.jpg

"The Light and Shade are still Everywhere about us ... only the conflict betweem them has been altered."

"Nothing has happened , everything has happened . Everything looks the same but the feeling is different."

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/4146/ul2lm4.th.jpg

And I think this actually makes sense and the Presence really is Yahweh, who was formed when Light and Darkness merged, creating a supreme character containing both, Good and Evil. Those external forces shaped him, representing a ballance betwen both of them.

kevdude
GEB + UL = YHWH
GEB = UL
YHWH - UL = GEB
YHWH > GEB

Then again, YHWH stated in lucifer 75 that he wasn't supreme.

EH what?? confused The Presence/YHWH/God was never 2 beings and they never merged and formed the YHWH of today. They gave a piece of each other to the other in order for there exact opposites to see things differently and more sharply. The Beast left Heaven and returned beyond Hell becoming known as the Shadow Lands.

Astner
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
And I think this actually makes sense and the Presence really is Yahweh, who was formed when Light and Darkness merged, creating a supreme character containing both, Good and Evil. Those external forces shaped him, representing a ballance betwen both of them.
Your interptretion makes no sense. YHWH said that Lucifer was aware of these external forces, and that they are existant.
They were most likely refering to the authors.

Erik-Lensherr
Okay, I'm going to make an exception in this case and despite being on ignore, reply to your messages.

Because you say so ?

Lucifer is aware of the Great Evil Beast.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/th_Lucifer18.jpg

And Yahweh never said that they are existent, just that he was 'shaped' by them.

Useless assumption. This wasn't even hinted.

Mr Master

Oh yeah,
and the spectre has easily overcome
the combined might of the ig, the un, a cosmic cube,
the oan battery, the spear of destiny, etc.
laughing

And according to that garbage of an arc,
any Marvel Celestial Guardian can erase the DC reality with the flick of a switch.

Or any Marvel Omniversal buster can wipe out DC as well.

Sweet. ... (I can live with that) ... cool

Mr Master

the lt couldn't kill korvak. who was less than universal.

he ran a pocket universe of sorts.
That's funny, I don't remember the LT ever attacking Korvac directly,
hmm ... you must be talking about a different occasion. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I do remember an arc,
where the LT (with a thought) ripped an entire Universe from the Multiverse,
sealed it in an impenetrable barrier (yes, Korvac couldn't get out either)
and left it that way to it's fate.

That was back in 1982 anyway.

Air Legend
Why hasn't nvrbeenwthagirl's sockaccount (fangirl101) been banned yet. I reported it to the moderators and they haven't done anything yet. Maybe I should make a thread to bring it to their attention...

Astner
Okay, I'm going to make an exception in this case and despite being on ignore, reply to your messages.
I'm not on your ignore list. You said the same thing before and a moderator corrected you in the same thread.
And if I were you wouldn't be able to read or quote my replies.

This is exactly why you should read the entire post before quoting, so that you get a sense of what you quote. I explained my case in the same reply.

Lets take a look at this.

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/256/lucifer75p34py1ok6.th.jpg

"True, I am eternal and infinte. But even I was shaped by forces external to me."

The first part is merely "boost", if you will. Why did he say that he was eternal and infinte? Because he was about to explain that there are forces external to him. Meaning greater forces. If YHWH is a sum of the Light and the Darkness, then they shouldn't be greater than he is. Should they?

Same scan. "You know what they are." Refering to the present event. If they were of the past he would say "You know what they were."

The most intelligent beings in fictions should have some awareness of their own position, should they not?

Mr Master
Originally posted by Endless Mike

The Presence, aka YHWH.
He said he was "crafted by forces external to himself",
which can be interpreted many ways

They were most likely refering to the authors.
thumb up

Imo, the Presence (DC) and THOTI (Marvel) - both equals,
are the greatest current powers to have been directly involved
withIN stories in their respective companies based on a completely fictional context.

Now,

the true Supreme Beings of both companies,
are actually the "writer/artist" representative avatars that have appeared as such on panel.
(who have been illustrated/depicted in a Non-fictional context, not completely at-least)

In DC, I've personally seen Carlin and Morrison (thanx Galan)
In Marvel, we've seen the "Kirbiesk" Oaa/god, associated with a "collaborator."

These entities literally communicated with their artwork as if they were exactly that, ARTWORK!
nothing more than drawings made up on a piece of paper.

So yea,
it's obvious that that DC "god" is "shaped by external forces"
for the Marvel "god" is also shaped by outside forces.

Those forces are Minds and Hands people,
the minds of Writers, and the hands of Artists.
(as presented On Panel concerning the true "Gods" of Marvel and DC)

Erik-Lensherr
First of all, you are. And second of all, there is an option so that even if somebody is on your ignore list you can read their posts.

Please point me to where you said something in that post that contradicted what I said.

Now.

You said that Yahweh told Lucifer that the aformentioned knew who those forces were, insinuating that this contradicts my theory. So I showed to you that Lucifer is aware of GEB's existence. What you just posted has nothing to do with that.

But let's move on anyway ..

He didn't say that there are forces external to him, nor that they are more powerfull than him. All that he said is that he was shaped by forces external to him.

So ? Since he is those two merged into one, the present tense being used is supposed to show what ?

erm

What the hell ?

As I said, there is nothing to suggest that he was talking about the writers.

And despite the fact that you have brought absolutley no evidence to support that he was reffering to the writers, I'm still going to prove it wrong. Yahweh said that those forces 'shaped' him not that they are shaping him, so he is not reffering to the writers.

Astner
First of all, you are. And second of all, there is an option so that even if somebody is on your ignore list you can read their posts.
You can't quote. Even if I were blocked, is there any point of mentioning it? It's not of any use to the current topic being discussed. The only reason you do it is because you think of yourself as better than others.

I said that your interpretion made no sense followed by an explaination.
You quoted my reply part by part. And when comming to this, you simply replied: "Because you say so?"
I stated my perspective directly after this, if you found a flaw you should refere to that. Instead to making the reply longer than it needs to be, filled out with crap.

Then why did you say, he was aware of the Great Darkness?

But when he said to Lucifer "You know what they are." He implied that the forces are.

Lets take this over.

YHWH states that he's high and mighty, and then said "But even I was shaped by forces external to me."

Think of this for a minute, why would he use "But even I" instead of simply "I"? He's heavily implying that there are forces to him that's beyond his power and authority.

I've brought up as much evidence as you have.
I think of shape as creating a character. In the minds of the editors and writer YHWH already exists. They're shaped (their character) only once.
But it seems like you think of shaping as drawing and coloring.

Erik-Lensherr
Actually, I can quote.

And yes, there is a point. I told you this was an exception, so that you won't expect a discussion between us in another thread.

Feel free to point out the explination you gave. Because at this point, it seems you're just lying to cover out your tracks.

Because you implied that Yahweh telling Lucifer that he knows who the forces who shaped him were contradicts my theory. Which it doesn't, since Lucifer knows about GEB's existence, which you implied he didn't.

He was shaped by them when they merged. He is now both of them, thus the present tense being used doesn't contradict anything.

What's the problem ?

Context is your friend.

The discussion was about a being/entity being his own creator, to which Yahweh replied that even he was shaped by external forces. The discussion wasn't about power.

You haven't brought any evidence supporting your ridiculous stance.

You haven't brough any kind of argument to contradict mine.

With that said, this discussion will be going in circles so I'm putting a stop to it.

I've already said what I had to say, so I'll let the other posters decide their opinion based on what was presented. smile

Air Legend
But when he said to Lucifer "You know what they are." He implied that the forces are.
You should take it a step more and say that Yahweh outright stated that the forces that shaped/created him still exist. You're not giving yourself enough credit when you say he implied it, because he did much more than just that.

YHWH states that he's high and mighty, and then said "But even I was shaped by forces external to me."

Think of this for a minute, why would he use "But even I" instead of simply "I"? He's heavily implying that there are forces to him that's beyond his power and authority.

Only the densest of minds would not understand this. You are wasting you're time clarifying this to him because simple instances such as this one do not require elaboration.

psycho gundam
was about to say the same think myself.

Erik-Lensherr
was about to say the same think myself.

What same thing ?

psycho gundam
read air-legands post.

Erik-Lensherr
He's on ignore also, and I've read enough stupidity today by reading another guy who's on ignore's post.

So just tell me what you agree with, and I'll discuss it with you on why it's wrong.

Astner
Funny, I thought you actually could look at the comments of people that were on ignore. Why would you make an exception when it comes to air legend. Why ask someone else to repost it instead of simply pressing "show reply".
Either you're increadibly ignorant or simply arrogant. Pick your poison.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Mr Master
laughing

And according to that garbage of an arc,
any Marvel Celestial Guardian can erase the DC reality with the flick of a switch.

Or any Marvel Omniversal buster can wipe out DC as well.

Sweet. ... (I can live with that) ... cool

no where in that cross over did it say that either was part of the other's omniverse. but if you take it that way fine, any dc versal character can wipe out marvel as well. next subject. except we know in dc, marvel artifacts don't have the same effects and in marvel dc artifacts dont' have the same effect. they have to be merged or in an inbetween place to work. the celestial gaurdian cannot wipe out any dc universe as it's been proven marvel artifacts generally don't work. not that i required your opinion on the matter. all i did was give an example of what happened in the book and what the spectre did.

starlock
I dont know the how and why, but i did not and still dont think he was talking about the authors,and is the opinion of those in this thread that that is the case?.., who can say for sure? i think there are two views on the matter here being discussed, but i dont see utter proof in any of them, i am trying to see where the recent debate is going and i admit i am confused

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>