Martian Manhunter vs the Mighty Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
No fire weakness. He faces:

Iron man
Wonderman
Sentry
Miss Marvel
Ares
Spider Woman
Black Widow
The Wasp

(As if those last two were to do anything)

Who wins?

nimbus006
MM telepathically mind rapes Sentry (even further), and turns him against the Avengers FTW.

or, he loses badly to this extreme overkill.

tkitna
MA's win

Bouboumaster
Sentry and the MA wins

guy222
MA

Likwid
Sentry and Wonder Man could do this alone.

Erik-Lensherr
Martian Manhunter.

The Pict
Although he is more powerful than each of the Avengers together they most likely stomp him.

tkitna
Originally posted by The Pict
Although he is more powerful than each of the Avengers together they most likely stomp him.

He's not more powerful than Sentry yet alone all of the MA's together.

ExodusCloak
Is Wonder Man still immune to telepathy? Or was he only immune in his Ionic State? Or am I just imagining things.

If not Tony is pretty much the only one on the MA with telepathic defences.

Carol, BW, SW, Ares, Sentry and Janet go down to a telepathic assault leaving Iron Man and (Wonder Man if he's immune to telepathy) vs. Martian Manhunter.

If WM isn't immune then this fight will be Iron Man vs. Martian Manhunter.

CPT Space Bomb
This isn't even close. When Manhunter attempts to mess with Sentry's head, he goes berserk and kills him. The rest are overkill.

ExodusCloak
Umm Berserk? Sentry's psyche is as fragile as a monkey on crack. Whenever his mind is messed with he reverts to the status of a 4 year old girl.

Bentley
Sentry was beaten by a skrull shapeshifting. no expression

The Pict
Originally posted by tkitna
He's not more powerful than Sentry yet alone all of the MA's together.

I think you misunderstood.

I meant "together they most likely stomp him" not he's more powerful than all of them combined.

My bad, I should have put a comma in between.

I think he's more powerful than Sentry though.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Umm Berserk? Sentry's psyche is as fragile as a monkey on crack. Whenever his mind is messed with he reverts to the status of a 4 year old girl. Sure, like the time Ultron killed his wife and he tore it's head off. Or the time that Doom blasted him with dark magic and Tony told him not to cause he'd kill doom without thinking twice. I won't deny that Sentry is a fragile character, but one must be very careful when messing with him.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by The Pict
I think he's more powerful than Sentry though. He's more versatile than Sentry. Sentry is > Strength and durability though.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Sure, like the time Ultron killed his wife and he tore it's head off. Or the time that Doom blasted him with dark magic and Tony told him not to cause he'd kill doom without thinking twice. I won't deny that Sentry is a fragile character, but one must be very careful when messing with him.

He's too unstable even a suggestion that the Void might still exist within him caused him to freak out and BFR himself.

Manhunter's got telepathy...Sentry's weakness is his fragile mind which is what gives MM the win IMO since three quarters of the Mighty Avengers don't have protection against it. Which just leaves Iron Man.

Iron Man might be able to pull a win or two by himself but I'd give MM the a good solid majority over him.

nimbus006
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
He's too unstable even a suggestion that the Void might still exist within him caused him to freak out and BFR himself.

Manhunter's got telepathy...Sentry's weakness is his fragile mind which is what gives MM the win IMO since three quarters of the Mighty Avengers don't have protection against it. Which just leaves Iron Man.

Iron Man might be able to pull a win or two by himself but I'd give MM the a good solid majority over him.

I agree with you that if MM can employ a telepathic assault on Sentry, then it is likely he pulls off a majority of wins. Otherwise, he goes down.

Soljer
Manhunter's easily the Sentry's superior in each and every way.

Save, being bat-shit crazy. Bob's got J'onn beat on that one.

The Pict
Originally posted by Soljer

laughing out loud

Bentley
I think this battle is closer than most people initially thought, I mean there is the phasing that can protect MM from most damage, there is Senty's weak mind and a rather doubtful telepathy resistance. Not saying its loopsided, but MM has a chance.

fangirl101
in a comic the avengers shit stomp mm. telepathy likely wins this for mm tho.

The Illuminati
Originally posted by Soljer
Manhunter's easily the Sentry's superior in each and every way.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sentry solos. Tony throws a rave for the team and starts mac'n.

Lord Feron
As for the MM controling the crazy Sentry. Didn't MM try and control teh Crazy Joker and MM was like "ack can't handly the crainesss" (not exact quote but something like that he was straining i know that) Under the strain that MM was experiencing there would be no way he can fight someone else much less everyone else.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Lord Feron
As for the MM controling the crazy Sentry. Didn't MM try and control teh Crazy Joker and MM was like "ack can't handly the crainesss" (not exact quote but something like that he was straining i know that) Under the strain that MM was experiencing there would be no way he can fight someone else much less everyone else.

Umm...there are different types of crazy. He was straining because Joker has some really sick thoughts. Sentry isn't the same type of crazy. Joker crazy = Paralyzing Babara and then taking pictures of her naked, and then showing those pictures to her father. Sabertooth = Rape a women on Wolverine's birthday crazy and do it while she's bleeding to death crazy. Sentry's crazy = I don't want to fight, I don't want to hurt anyone. No no I'm not the void crazy.
Besides he doesn't need to probe or mind control Sentry a simple telepathic suggestion that the he is the Void is coming out of Sentry will cause him to leave the battlefield.

Pyron_Knight
Sentry solos.

Erik-Lensherr
Lulz at comparing the Sentry and Joker situations.

psycho gundam
if mm tries to scan sentry's mind, he is liable to encounter the void and cause serious harm to himself. not advisable.

the sentry also possess high end tp so, not as one sided as some posters say it is in that department.

Cartesian Doubt
The Martian Man hunter looses .... Fernus the burning (whose basically Joe Kelly making Jonn Jonnz a cool character) rapes the Mighty Avengers, especially when their most powerful member is in such a fragile state of mind. I think the most recent 'Secret Invasion' demonstrates how weak Bob's mind is. Trial by Fire was basically the most recent Mighty Avengers arc, but better.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.