Movie Dr DoOm vs Movie Iron Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endrict Nuul
Fight in NYC

Who wins?

CPT Space Bomb
Movie Iron Man. Movie Doom was a disgrace to perhaps the greatest villain of all time. ( You know old Darth Vader stole the concept of Doom, and also probably aspects of Darkseid as well)

Movie Iron man 10/10 times.

Mindset
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Movie Iron Man. Movie Doom was a disgrace to perhaps the greatest villain of all time. ( You know old Darth Vader stole the concept of Doom, and also probably aspects of Darkseid as well)

I think Doom wins, Johnny had to go Nova in order to beat him and Doom still didn't die.

CPT Space Bomb
Yah, but Tony doesn't have to kill him, he just has to beat him. He could just bfr Doom by flying him to the ocean and dropping him in the middle of it. I doubt Movie Doom could survive the swim back.

And this is coming from a HUGE Doom fan (just not movie doom fan).

Mindset
Yah, but Tony doesn't have to kill him, he just has to beat him. He could just bfr Doom by flying him to the ocean and dropping him in the middle of it. I doubt Movie Doom could survive the swim back.

And this is coming from a HUGE Doom fan (just not movie doom fan).

And how does IM fly Doom to the ocean before he gets blasted with an energy bolt?

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Mindset
And how does IM fly Doom to the ocean before he gets blasted with an energy bolt? I personally don't think that Doom's energy bolts were that impressive in FF movies. He couldn't even kill Mr fantastic with it, and yet he could put a whole through a normal person? Iron man is much more shielded than Mr Fantastic. I highly doubt it would effect him much at all. The real concern here is if Iron Man can hold on long enough to avoid getting pummeled to death by Doom. But I think that with a depowered Suit and he still managed to fight Iron Monger for a long while, he'll be ok.

Movie Ironman should take at least 7/10 in my opinion.

Mindset
I personally don't think that Doom's energy bolts were that impressive in FF movies. He couldn't even kill Mr fantastic with it, and yet he could put a whole through a normal person? Iron man is much more shielded than Mr Fantastic. I highly doubt it would effect him much at all. The real concern here is if Iron Man can hold on long enough to avoid getting pummeled to death by Doom. But I think that with a depowered Suit and he still managed to fight Iron Monger for a long while, he'll be ok.

Movie Ironman should take at least 7/10 in my opinion.

It's been awhile since I've seen the f4 movie so I'll have to look at clips again, but I'm pretty sure his blasts can damage the suit.

And when the IM suit was powerless Tony barely did any fighting as I recall, the only thing he did was shoot flares, rip something off the Iron Monger suit, and hide.

CPT Space Bomb
It's been awhile since I've seen the f4 movie so I'll have to look at clips again, but I'm pretty sure his blasts can damage the suit.

And when the IM suit was powerless Tony barely did any fighting as I recall, the only thing he did was shoot flares, rip something off the Iron Monger suit, and hide. Actually, his entire fight with The Iron Monger was in a depowered suit. He was using his original arc reactor that wasn't meant for sustained flight or basically powering his Mark 3 suit at all. You just have to question why Doom's energy wasn't able to kill Reed. Or Sue for that matter. He was trying to kill them at the end of the 1st movie and failed. I don't see how he'd handle a Golden plated Titanium alloy suit of high tech armor.

starlock
Doom for the easy win

Mindset
Actually, his entire fight with The Iron Monger was in a depowered suit. He was using his original arc reactor that wasn't meant for sustained flight or basically powering his Mark 3 suit at all. You just have to question why Doom's energy wasn't able to kill Reed. Or Sue for that matter. He was trying to kill them at the end of the 1st movie and failed. I don't see how he'd handle a Golden plated Titanium alloy suit of high tech armor.

His suit wasn't depowered, it was just running on low, it was completely depowered until they fought on the roof of the building.

Doom could drain the energy out of the suit as well.

CPT Space Bomb
His suit wasn't depowered, it was just running on low, it was completely depowered until they fought on the roof of the building.

Doom could drain the energy out of the suit as well. Perhaps he could. But we won't know because nothing in the movie drained Tony's suit of power. The only reason he lost power was because of his bad arc reactor. So there is now way to prove that.

In any event, I still don't see Doom winning this. Now, make it comic doom and you have a different story.

Mindset
Perhaps he could. But we won't know because nothing in the movie drained Tony's suit of power. The only reason he lost power was because of his bad arc reactor. So there is now way to prove that.

In any event, I still don't see Doom winning this. Now, make it comic doom and you have a different story. No one in the movie tried to drain his power. With that logic I could say Doom wins because repulsor beams in the movie didn't harm Doom and there's no way to prove they can.

Doom showed the ability to absorb energy, unless Tony showed any resistance to it there's no reason to believe Doom couldn't do it.

CPT Space Bomb
No one in the movie tried to drain his power. With that logic I could say Doom wins because repulsor beams in the movie didn't harm Doom and there's no way to prove they can.

Doom showed the ability to absorb energy, unless Tony showed any resistance to it there's no reason to believe Doom couldn't do it. It's not the same Thing. Doom Was phased by physical attacks. Thus, Repulsor beams would work on him. However, the would not kill him or ko him. Tony developed a very high tech piece of armor and we won't know if he can have his energy absorbed. Also, Doom can't absorb Energy but he can absorb Electricity. There is a difference. I'm just stating that Stark is no fool and I'm sure he has fail-safes.

I'm also not saying it wouldn't work. But I'm saying it won't CERTAINLY work as you seem to be implying. There is a difference there as well.

Interesting note. I'm a Doom fan arguing against Doom. laughing

starlock
It's not the same Thing. Doom Was phased by physical attacks. Thus, Repulsor beams would work on him. However, the would not kill him or ko him. Tony developed a very high tech piece of armor and we won't know if he can have his energy absorbed. Also, Doom can't absorb Energy but he can absorb Electricity. There is a difference. I'm just stating that Stark is no fool and I'm sure he has fail-safes.

I'm also not saying it wouldn't work. But I'm saying it won't CERTAINLY work as you seem to be implying. There is a difference there as well.

I would say he has no fail safes against it, it was his genuis that made him try and break the altitude record and almost died freezing his suit,the same fail-safes that made him try to fly in the first place against jarvis's warning? this is movie versions and this is the same stark that hit face first into the wall after trying his first test flight.crashed thru the floor, balsted his home testing the flight stabilizers(repulsors),i mean its an origin movie with purposely added plots of not being prepared and" running before he can walk" i dont see it...if we use movie versions, it is what we see in the movie, not what we think he can and can not do or what fail-safes we think he has...but thats just my opinon smile

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by starlock
I would say he has no fail safes against it, it was his genuis that made him try and break the altitude record and almost died freezing his suit,the same fail-safes that made him try to fly in the first place against jarvis's warning? this is movie versions and this is the same stark that hit face first into the wall after trying his first test flight.crashed thru the floor, balsted his home testing the flight stabilizers(repulsors),i mean its an origin movie with purposely added plots of not being prepared and" running before he can walk" i dont see it...if we use movie versions, it is what we see in the movie, not what we think he can and can not do or what fail-safes we think he has...but thats just my opinon smile My point is though, We don't know for sure if it would work or not. It's not guaranteed that Doom can't absorb his electricity, but then again it's not guaranteed that he can. It works both ways. What IS guaranteed is that Doom will be able to physically at least stalemate him. He'll be able to blast him with electricity. And it IS guaranteed that Iron man can blast him with repulsors, use flares against him, shoot missiles at him, and fly away from him. Heck his flight alone gives Iron man the advantage in my opinion.

The Illuminati

I believe that your right, I had heard that in the next SW movie they were going to go more in depth on Anakin Skywalker's extreme hatred of walking down stairs.

stick out tongue

SevenShackles
i would like to say Dr.Doom even tho im sure Ironmans Flight and tank killing missiles might give him the slight advantage.

hummmm ironman vs Herald Dr DoOm? =P

Lord Feron
Idk Doom surviving the Super Nova from HT was pretty impressive. I don't think anything in IM Movie aresenal would put down Doom. Repulsors are suppose to be as hot as the sun (didn't say that in the movie but lets just assume) Super nova in the movie was = to the power of the sun (think the sexy Jess Alba said that or that loser Mr. F said it). So i think Doom is gonna win... Damnit space bomb just agree you know you want to!!!

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Idk Doom surviving the Super Nova from HT was pretty impressive. I don't think anything in IM Movie aresenal would put down Doom. Repulsors are suppose to be as hot as the sun (didn't say that in the movie but lets just assume) Super nova in the movie was = to the power of the sun (think the sexy Jess Alba said that or that loser Mr. F said it). So i think Doom is gonna win... Damnit space bomb just agree you know you want to!!! laughing Well, I kinda want to just because he even somewhat resembles Doom. However he is still a disgrace to my favorite comic character so it's hard to root for him in any capacity.

Anyhoodles, I still think that Ironman can pull the majority. Maybe slight but still the majority.

celestialdemon
Iron Man wins this fight.

Muck101
Ironman.

BruceSkywalker
Movie Iron Man, 8/10 ftw

Doctor-Alvis
I would go with movie Doom too. Tony's armor was wicked awesome but it was still very much a delicate piece of machinery. I think Doom's blasts would muck it up.

wolverex84
iron man would take this one, i mean the suit is very durable, it took a missile from a tank, resisted ironmongers attacks... and he is just too versatile while doom is not, though, doom metallic skin was way more durable than irons exoskeleton mark 3 armor, diamond hard, tougher than carbon fiber and totally indestructible. the advantages doom has over iron man is that, in the movie he as the ability to control or talk to electrical appliances, he could very well talk to iron-man's operating system suit.. but i doubt he can pull that off, for iron man i would say his flight and overall weaponry and tactical skills. To me iron man movie version was way smarter than Dr doom... i wished they showed more of Dr Doom's inventive skills.

Mindset
It's not the same Thing. Doom Was phased by physical attacks. Thus, Repulsor beams would work on him. However, the would not kill him or ko him. Tony developed a very high tech piece of armor and we won't know if he can have his energy absorbed. Also, Doom can't absorb Energy but he can absorb Electricity. There is a difference. I'm just stating that Stark is no fool and I'm sure he has fail-safes.

Electricity is energy, I just didn't feel like saying electricity. IM didn't show any fail safes.

Lord Feron
c'mon guess Johnny put Doom in a SUPER NOVA!!! Nothing in Movie IM arsenal could come close to that. Yes and Doom was able to effect electrical devices and sources. He should have no problem draining IM.

spidey-dude
is this movie doom by himself vs movie ironman or movie doom with silver surfers hover board vs movie ironman ?

Doctor-Alvis
Iron Monger's attacks and the tank blasts were concussion and heat. Doom shoots electricity, or something that looks like it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.