Evangel's Slugfest Amalgam Battle Royal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthgoober
Who takes it in a no holds barred fight between the Amalgam's of Evangel's latest tourney? Just to keep things simple ther's no barred moves or prep time for ANY of the participants and the normal KMC rules are in effect. Fight takes place on a deserted Counter Earth.

id369- The Rapture
Shaman X-Man (Mind)
Jean Grey (Body)

Devil Lance-King Hawk
Hawkman (Mind)
Aquaman (Body)

King Kandy-Professor Strange
Professor Zoom (Body)
Dr. Strange (Mind)

TricksterPriest-Wavetron
Metron (Mind)
Waverider (Body)

Tony Stark-Doominator
Dr. Doom (Mind)
Gladiator "Kallark" (Body)

Papa Smurph-The Amalgam that just kicked your ass and raped your mother x2
Sonia Sato
Hector Hall (Mind)
World War Hulk (Body)

Symmetric Chaos-Pete
Karnak(Mind)
Flash
Superman(Body)

darthgoober-The Silver Adaptoid
Silver Surfer (Body)
Super Adaptoid (Mind)

Who takes it?

darthgoober
And just so there's no confusion, anyone is welcome to post here. This is in no way an official tourney match so no one should feel obligated to step in and defend "their" character. I'm just wanting to get an idea of how the forum thinks the Amalgam's themselves stack up against each other, so pay no mind to who "owns" the character...

Starscream M
how far apart are the contestants?

Starscream M
I would give it to:

id369- The Rapture
Shaman X-Man (Mind)
Jean Grey (Body)

Evangel94
Looking back on it, I find it interesting to see that of the original 12 tea,s, 8 created amalgams.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Starscream M
I would give it to:

id369- The Rapture
Shaman X-Man (Mind)
Jean Grey (Body)
Any particular reason why?

CPT Space Bomb
EDIT: Just saw there was no prep. In that case I'd say Rapture or King Kandy take it. Also, why does the Superman team get 3 people while everyone else gets 2?

Starscream M
Originally posted by darthgoober
Any particular reason why? because I don't see how any of the other amalgams can deal with their telepathy

the teams with flash and zoom are unfortunately both hampered by having minds of nonspeedsters...so they're only as fast as 'human speed' thought

Evangel94

the teams with flash and zoom are unfortunately both hampered by having minds of nonspeedsters...so they're only as fast as 'human speed' thought

I thought the speed force gives you enhanced perception?

Soljer
because I don't see how any of the other amalgams can deal with their telepathy

If I recall correctly, pete is Karnak's mind with Superman's body and ALL of the Flash's powers.

Meaning, picosecond reaction times.

I'd say this comes down to Pete or the Silver Adaptoid.

id369
I still say I was holding the most raw power, under any single amalgam. It was a stroke of genius brain storm to place X-Man in an Omega level body. One that I cant take credit for.

Bentley
Pete wins most likely, the Adaptoid would love to win by absorbing powers. Nobody likes gem Juggy?

The Illuminati

Doom's not going to be effected by any of their tp. And with Doom's tech and sorcery with Gladiator's power-set. IMO that sounds pretty lethal to all to me.

I'm leaning towards Tony Stark.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Bentley
Pete wins most likely, the Adaptoid would love to win by absorbing powers. Nobody likes gem Juggy? wasn't an amalgam, just hella baddass-

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/9247/juggernautwk0rv7.th.jpg
http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/98/galactusbaf02copyxd4uf3.th.jpg evil face

Lord Feron
I would say Tony Stark because with the Confidence (arrogence lol) he has He would be like Super Uber Glades and a smart one to. And FC Glades aint nothing to mess with.

Symmetric Chaos is awesome because Flash And supes alone they are good but what puts them over the top is KArnak. At flash speeds and supes strength he will be able to hit the weak spot of his enemies at ludicous speeds and Monstrous strength.

Silver adaptoid - Just sounds like the most versatile character ever!

Those are the top 3 i think. I would say Silver Adaptoid Because Tony Stark won't be able to deliver enough punishment to beat Sufer. Chaos has a K-nite and red sun rad weakness since it's supes body so SA would be able to exploit that weakness ftw, it should cripple of kill him. If This amalgam aint dead he would be in no shape to combat the SA.

Soljer
Originally posted by id369
I still say I was holding the most raw power, under any single amalgam. It was a stroke of genius brain storm to place X-Man in an Omega level body. One that I cant take credit for.

Compared to any other number of amalgams, I'd most certainly have to disagree.

King Kandy
My amalgam was named "Speed Limit" not "Professor Zoom." Evangel messed up.

Evangel94
Originally posted by King Kandy
My amalgam was named "Speed Limit" not "Professor Zoom." Evangel messed up.

Wait, Really? huh

*sigh*

I thought Professor Zoom had a certain appeal to it. But if you insist...

I apologize. Let the record show that King Kandy's amalgam name is "Speed Limit."

darthgoober

IDK... I'm pretty sure that Dr. Strange, Dr. Fate, and Metron could all handle id369's telepathy and I'm all but positive that the Silver Adaptoid could.

And despite the Mind/Body concept the amalgam's have full use of all their character's "powers" so the speedsters will still be functioning at full capacity.

King Kandy
I pretty much proved that TP barely slows Strange down.

DigiMark007
Just to keep things in perspective, this fight brings powers back into play that were banned or so expensive as to be impossible to obtain in the tourney....unless you're stipulating that the rules from the tourney still apply. But since none were specified, I'm assuming this would be the characters at their peak, as per KMC standard rules.

Strange and Fate benefit the most from this. Speed kills, imo, and I actually think a no-stipulations Strange + speed force would spell doom for pretty much everyone on that list.

psycho gundam
what about trick's team pillaging of the time stream?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by psycho gundam
what about trick's team pillaging of the time stream?

Even without the illegality of it, his plan was a stretch for such characters.

Beyond that, Strange and Fate have abilities over time and space to an extent that they could effectively end Metron/Wave's quest very quickly, and certainly before they accomplished anything of value....even if it meant following them around the universe and timestream. And once the quest fails, Metron's fairly useless. Waverider's a beast, but so is Strange with the speed force, or Fate with Hulk's strength.

darthgoober
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Just to keep things in perspective, this fight brings powers back into play that were banned or so expensive as to be impossible to obtain in the tourney....unless you're stipulating that the rules from the tourney still apply. But since none were specified, I'm assuming this would be the characters at their peak, as per KMC standard rules.

Strange and Fate benefit the most from this. Speed kills, imo, and I actually think a no-stipulations Strange + speed force would spell doom for pretty much everyone on that list.
IDK Digi, now that I think about it with the power stipulations from the tourney removed my guy would be able to amp his powers to unreal levels and with access to Thor, the Scarlet Witch, Dr. Druid, Brother Voodoo, and Iron Fist's abilities he'd have a considerable defense against magic.

psycho gundam
or you could just do the army thing again.

darthgoober
or you could just do the army thing again.
There's no prep so he wouldn't have enough time. The numbers get really high after a few minutes but with everything going around him there's no way he could find a few minutes to spare.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by darthgoober
IDK Digi, now that I think about it with the power stipulations from the tourney removed my guy would be able to amp his powers to unreal levels and with access to Thor, the Scarlet Witch, Dr. Druid, Brother Voodoo, and Iron Fist's abilities he'd have a considerable defense against magic.

Fair enough, though there's still only 1 of your character, and Strange with teh speed force is still >> in magic than anything Adaptoid could muster. Even with similar speed, Strange's magic > any of that, and he'd be working far quicker than Adaptoid could work, so there's an even bigger advantage.

Also, some of that wouldn't be as potent as the original, like how he couldn't copy all of Mjolnir's abilities, which is mainly where Thor's magic defenses lie.

Not saying it's a stomp. I just that think that once you remove bans from powers, Dr. Flash becomes too much to handle for any team.

TricksterPriest
Even without the illegality of it, his plan was a stretch for such characters.

Beyond that, Strange and Fate have abilities over time and space to an extent that they could effectively end Metron/Wave's quest very quickly, and certainly before they accomplished anything of value....even if it meant following them around the universe and timestream. And once the quest fails, Metron's fairly useless. Waverider's a beast, but so is Strange with the speed force, or Fate with Hulk's strength.

No, the plan was doable. Extant proved that. And you greatly underestimate the Mobius Chair and Waverider. Catching even 1 would be difficult, but Waverider's temporal vision and the chair's ease of travel, means I could easily get at least one piece of the gog. Once I get one, you can't stop me.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
No, the plan was doable. Extant proved that. And you greatly underestimate the Mobius Chair and Waverider. Catching even 1 would be difficult, but Waverider's temporal vision and the chair's ease of travel, means I could easily get at least one piece of the gog. Once I get one, you can't stop me.

See, but you're assuming that's the first avenue the character would go for. In the tourney, it was using your intellect and ideas. In this thread, under the stipulations, it isn't....it's just the characters.

In theory, any character capable of temporal and dimensional travel (Strange among them) could put together the 'gog or some other artifact (IG, UN, etc.), Strange among them. And yet yours is the only character capable of doing it, while the others can't or wouldn't?! The simple and obvious answer is that none of them would in a fight.

Also, total time stops and dimensional warps from Strange are easily on par with Metron, to say nothing of the power difference between the two amalgams.

TricksterPriest
See, but you're assuming that's the first avenue the character would go for. In the tourney, it was using your intellect and ideas. In this thread, under the stipulations, it isn't....it's just the characters.

In theory, any character capable of temporal and dimensional travel (Strange among them) could put together the 'gog or some other artifact (IG, UN, etc.), Strange among them. And yet yours is the only character capable of doing it, while the others can't or wouldn't?! The simple and obvious answer is that none of them would in a fight.

Also, total time stops and dimensional warps from Strange are easily on par with Metron, to say nothing of the power difference between the two amalgams.

the difference, is that Metron HAD the full gog for an extended period of time. He presumably had it with him until JLA1M, whereupon, he confered it upon Hourman 1M, his successor.

You're going to have to prove Strange's magic>New God technology, and Waverider's temporal mastery. Which even LP would have trouble doing.

Soljer
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
the difference, is that Metron HAD the full gog for an extended period of time. He presumably had it with him until JLA1M, whereupon, he confered it upon Hourman 1M, his successor.

You're going to have to prove Strange's magic>New God technology, and Waverider's temporal mastery. Which even LP would have trouble doing.

No he isn't. He needn't do anything of the sort. Apparently you missed the entire point of his post.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Soljer
No he isn't. He needn't do anything of the sort. Apparently you missed the entire point of his post.

thumb up

Beyond that, like I said more than a few teams could do it if we use that kind of absurd logic. I remember goober saying something to the effect of "Ok, if this ends up going through, I'll forfeit and see you in the finals with the Infinity Gauntlet." It would be a moronic arms race, none of which is in character for any of these people. It would be like arguing that Thanos leaves the battlefield, builds the IG, and returns....in every thread he's in. It just doesn't make sense.

psycho gundam
yeah, digi and i both had the ig on our minds and digi and i both wanted to draft adam warlock with two additional gems(though it would go over the cost by 1 measly point).

beyond that gathering the rest was child's play, but that is against the rules.

DigiMark007
yeah, digi and i both had the ig on our minds and digi and i both wanted to draft adam warlock with two additional gems(though it would go over the cost by 1 measly point).

beyond that gathering the rest was child's play, but that is against the rules.

We did? Oh, now I remember.

darthgoober
Fair enough, though there's still only 1 of your character, and Strange with teh speed force is still >> in magic than anything Adaptoid could muster. Even with similar speed, Strange's magic > any of that, and he'd be working far quicker than Adaptoid could work, so there's an even bigger advantage.

Also, some of that wouldn't be as potent as the original, like how he couldn't copy all of Mjolnir's abilities, which is mainly where Thor's magic defenses lie.

Not saying it's a stomp. I just that think that once you remove bans from powers, Dr. Flash becomes too much to handle for any team.
Ah but you're forgetting that even if the Silver Adaptoid's defenses are only enough to stall Speed Limit for a minute or two, that's more than enough time to add Dr. Strange's abilities right alongside of those he already possesses.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.