Ganthet vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cartesian Doubt
The most powerful Guardian vs Thanos of Titan, whom has stalemated the likes of Odin and Tyrant, and had beaten up a Warrior Madness Thor, and sent Galactus flying with one blast, and taken his best shot and lived.

llagrok
Let's see.

You've got the guy with a bitchin' beard and one eye against the blue midget.....

Cartesian Doubt
Originally posted by llagrok
Let's see.

You've got the guy with a bitchin' beard and one eye against the blue midget.....
Not any anymore .... ones purple.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
The most powerful Guardian vs Thanos of Titan, whom has stalemated the likes of Odin and Tyrant, and had beaten up a Warrior Madness Thor, and sent Galactus flying with one blast, and taken his best shot and lived.

is this an ad for thanos? odin? or an actual thread? why make a thread up when it seems your mind is made up by the very discription in the thread?

Soljer
*laughs at the phrasing of opening post*

Yeah, that isn't skewed in the least.

Cartesian Doubt
Originally posted by Soljer
*laughs at the phrasing of opening post*

Yeah, that isn't skewed in the least.

I think Ganthet would win, so a bit of reverse Psychology maybe ... Smart ass

Avlon
Thanos embraces Death yet again...

quanchi112
Thanos destroys this unimpressive blue little man.

llagrok
lmao

quanchi112
Originally posted by llagrok
lmao Am I supposed to be impressed when a pre DOS Doomsday knifed through their entire ranks.

leonidas
i've asked for this before and never really had it responded to, but . . . can someone name/show some of ganthet's more impressive feats? the guardians have been notoriously difficult to gauge power-wise and some scans or feats would be very helpful.

fangirl101
Originally posted by leonidas
i've asked for this before and never really had it responded to, but . . . can someone name/show some of ganthet's more impressive feats? the guardians have been notoriously difficult to gauge power-wise and some scans or feats would be very helpful.

One Guardian was able to literally embarrass a precrisis Hal Jordan. The gaurdians were not effected by crisis. so they would still be quite above any herald lvl charcter of the highest order.

Another Gaurdian's life force energy powered up superman prime to be able to punch thru the bleed and right into the 5th dimension.

Ganthet and his wife on thier own, are able to power an entire new corps.

ganthet as part of the quintessence, as we know there is only one set of gaurdians in all the multiverse, gave a 5th of the power that gog had. which was able to punch a hole in an alternate mxy.

the guardians themselves power all of the gl's in the entire multiverse. precrisis and post crisis.

If I think of any more i'll let you know.

Mindset
The central power battery powers the GLs, not the Guardians.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindset
The central power battery powers the GLs, not the Guardians. Good thing you are here to spread accurate information.

quanchi112
Originally posted by fangirl101
One Guardian was able to literally embarrass a precrisis Hal Jordan. The gaurdians were not effected by crisis. so they would still be quite above any herald lvl charcter of the highest order.

Another Gaurdian's life force energy powered up superman prime to be able to punch thru the bleed and right into the 5th dimension.

ganthet as part of the quintessence, as we know there is only one set of gaurdians in all the multiverse, gave a 5th of the power that gog had. which was able to punch a hole in an alternate mxy.

the guardians themselves power all of the gl's in the entire multiverse. precrisis and post crisis.

If I think of any more i'll let you know. So the last time the did anything impressive was in precrisis?

And a guardians life force powering up Prime because the Guardians themselves had no answer for him hurts your case it doesnt help it. It shows that even though you claim their power level wasnt affected they as a combined group cant handle one precrisis knian.

Again you say that Ganthet helped power Gog. So did four other beings.

erm

Get back to me when you have something.

draxx_tOfU
Thanos...

fangirl101
Originally posted by quanchi112
So the last time the did anything impressive was in precrisis?

And a guardians life force powering up Prime because the Guardians themselves had no answer for him hurts your case it doesnt help it. It shows that even though you claim their power level wasnt affected they as a combined group cant handle one precrisis knian.

erm

Get back to me when you have something. I dont' recall getting to you in the first place. i have nothing to prove to you or do I want to.

King Kandy
I dont' recall getting to you in the first place. i have nothing to prove to you or do I want to.
That's intellectual cowardice on your part.

quanchi112
Originally posted by King Kandy
That's intellectual cowardice on your part. He backs down from my claims all the time. He makes a baseless claim I call him on it and he refuses to respond. This happens over and over again but not just with me.

fangirl101
That's intellectual cowardice on your part.

if you feel that way, then that is how you feel.

King Kandy
It's the way you present yourself. You cannot counter his points so you ignore him.

quanchi112
It's the way you present yourself. You cannot counter his points so you ignore him. Agreed. stick out tongue

fangirl101
It's the way you present yourself. You cannot counter his points so you ignore him. if you say so. it makes me not a bit of difference for you to have this opinion.

King Kandy
An easy way to solve it would be to counter his points. You only debate when you think you can win.

fangirl101
An easy way to solve it would be to counter his points. You only debate when you think you can win.

if that is how you feel. i can certainly not argue with how you feel. for those are, after all, your feelings on the matter.

fangirl101
The central power battery powers the GLs, not the Guardians. and who powers the central battery? where does the power come from? who controls it? wields it's power?

fangirl101
So the last time the did anything impressive was in precrisis?

erm

Get back to me when you have something.

superboy prime flew thru the am and wasn't scratched. he was thrown into the bleed and wasn't destroyed. he took a blast from monarch and is about to kick the legion's asses. three of them at the same time. it really doesn't hurt my case. superboy/man prime is really just rediculously powerful.

and why are you repeating what i've already said. i said, ganthet provided a fifth of the power of kc gog. you repeating it doesn't change the statement. ganthet and wife provide the power for a new corps. there will be a corps war. now how do you suppose there will be a war if the corps aren't all even or nearly even?

Eon Blue
Ganthet.

Mindset
and who powers the central battery? where does the power come from? who controls it? wields it's power?

The power comes from the collected willpower in the universe. That's what powers it, no one controls it, unless they absorb it...like Parallax. The lanterns and the Guardians wield its power.

Any other questions you need answered?

Erik-Lensherr
Ganthet.

quanchi112
superboy prime flew thru the am and wasn't scratched. he was thrown into the bleed and wasn't destroyed. he took a blast from monarch and is about to kick the legion's asses. three of them at the same time. it really doesn't hurt my case. superboy/man prime is really just rediculously powerful.

and why are you repeating what i've already said. i said, ganthet provided a fifth of the power of kc gog. you repeating it doesn't change the statement. ganthet and wife provide the power for a new corps. there will be a corps war. now how do you suppose there will be a war if the corps aren't all even or nearly even? He took blasts from Monarch after he was powered up. Dont leave out the context. He didnt need a powerup to bfr Am after he was dealt with by the green lanterns.

Ganthet did add 1/5 the power to Gog. Whoopty doo. 4 other guys contributed to the monster than that is Gog.

Do you have anything that Ganthet has done on his own. LOL.

Because I know Prime is powerful and now you are telling me about Gog. Tell me about Ganthet. big grin

quanchi112
The power comes from the collected willpower in the universe. That's what powers it, no one controls it, unless they absorb it...like Parallax. The lanterns and the Guardians wield its power.

Any other questions you need answered? Nice correction.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Mindset The power comes from the collected willpower in the universe._ That's what powers it, no one controls it, unless they absorb it...like Parallax._ The lanterns and the Guardians wield its power.Any other questions you need answered? nah. not quite. will power is everywhere like the power cosmic. but galactus is the source of much of it becuz he taps it the best. the gaurdians are the ones who control that will power. they are the one's who harness it's power and then meet it out in what ever fashion they see fit.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
Ganthet. How?

What feats makes you feel this way.

jadervason
if you feel that way, then that is how you feel.

naw

jadervason
hmmmmm.....

I'm not sure if Thanos has the raw juice available to him that Ganthet does, but man oh man the physical stature difference is ridiculous.

Thanos 6/10

quanchi112
Originally posted by jadervason
hmmmmm.....

I'm not sure if Thanos has the raw juice available to him that Ganthet does, but man oh man the physical stature difference is ridiculous.

Thanos 6/10 Provide some Ganthet feats then for us. It seems many go on a reputation that is vague if anything.

jadervason
Each guardian is as powerful as a power battery itself, IIRC

quanchi112
Each guardian is as powerful as a power battery itself, IIRC Huh?

A preDOS Doomsday destroyed the ranks of all of these guardians. They also failed to even have a solution to Superman Prime as a group. This is one little blue man wit no feats provided by anyone. I find no case being made my Ganthet by anyone.

jadervason
Doomsday did have a power ring.

quanchi112
Doomsday did have a power ring. He was stopped dead in his tracks by a weaker Superman after this death so he was stronger. The Guradians had no answer to a very weak Doomsday. they arent that great.

OneDumbG0

If I think of any more i'll let you know. I disagree that the Guardians were unaffected by the original Crisis. They may have retained their original memories and such, but history changed is history changed and Oa is within the core unverse that underwent such change. Same can be said of the 'Infinite Crisis' retcon as well.

I agree that one random Guardian's power was capable of inadvertently powering Superman-Prime to such a level as to rival Monarch in a brutal free-for-all that destroyed an entire universe. Monarch himself defeated how many scores of Captain Atoms, Supermen and GL's from alternate universes? Yeah... that was impressive, and a testament to a single Guardian's personal power. During 'Sinestro Corps War,' Superman-Prime slapped around a whole lot of Earth's most powerful heroes, yet... he could not escape the grip of a single random Guardian. Strength feat, anyone?

I think it's presumptive to gauge overall power with the creation of a new Lantern corps. As far as I'm concerned, nothing's been showed on-panel, and I'm guessin that they're just manipulating the emotional spectrum of hope to build their Corps. Not powering it of their own personal energies, the same way the rest of the Guardians are doing with the Green Lantern Corps.

Honest question, do you mind describing this instance to me? Is this 'Cosmic Odyssey' or something else entirely?

I agree that the Guardians power the Green Lanterns. However, it is because they tap into the emotional spectrum of willpower that is collected from all sentient beings in the universe. While I am sure they contain a vast reserve of personal accumulated power, they are not the absolute source of the Central Power Battery. But I agree that without them communing with the entity Ion, there is no Central Power Battery. And as far as I am concerned, if they wanted to, any of the Guardians could usurp the entire accumulated power at any time, like Hal or Kyle have done. They just don't... because they have rules, according to the Book of Oa.

Ganthet when he was possessed by Parallax posed a greater threat than a Hal Jordan-hosted Spectre in 'Green Lantern: Rebirth' as stated by Parallax himself. I know this position is unpopular, but I just call em like I see em.
He was stopped dead in his tracks by a weaker Superman after this death so he was stronger. The Guradians had no answer to a very weak Doomsday. they arent that great. A single Guardian actually defeated Doomsday, before Doomsday could completely evolve to be immune to a Green Lantern's power. Which is evident, since we know that Doomsday was affected by Green Lantern power in subsequent incarnations. And it involves a bit of speculation that Doomsday would be able to completely evolve an immunity to Green Lantern energy. But Thanos is not Doomsday and does not have his ability to evolve anyway.

Ganthet 9/10. Only because CIS might give Ganthet some pause and Thanos a slim window of opportunity of usurping his power or blind-siding Ganthet and knocking him out.

Mindset
Each guardian is as powerful as a power battery itself, IIRC

No, and honestly that is a ridiculous claim.

Mindset
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
I agree that the Guardians power the Green Lanterns. However, it is because they tap into the emotional spectrum of willpower that is collected from all sentient beings in the universe. While I am sure they contain a vast reserve of personal accumulated power, they are not the absolute source of the Central Power Battery. But I agree that without them communing with the entity Ion, there is no Central Power Battery. And as far as I am concerned, if they wanted to, any of the Guardians could usurp the entire accumulated power at any time, like Hal or Kyle have done. They just don't... because they have rules, according to the Book of Oa.

Ganthet when he was possessed by Parallax posed a greater threat than a Hal Jordan-hosted Spectre in 'Green Lantern: Rebirth' as stated by Parallax himself. I know this position is unpopular, but I just call em like I see em.

Ganthet 9/10. Only because CIS might give Ganthet some pause and Thanos a slim window of opportunity of usurping his power or blind-siding Ganthet and knocking him out.

The Guardians do not power the Corps. they gathered will power from across the universe and store it in the battery. No one Guardian has power close to that of the power battery.

Parallax said that Ganthet claimed that his powers were greater than Spectre, and from everything we've seen we know that to be false. It's funny with all this supposed power Parallax infected Ganthet was defeated by 5 GL's.

llagrok
Naw, they had Guy.

King Kandy
Pre-Crisis it was true. I don't know about now.

OneDumbG0
The Guardians do not power the Corps. they gathered will power from across the universe and store it in the battery. No one Guardian has power close to that of the power battery.

Parallax said that Ganthet claimed that his powers were greater than Spectre, and from everything we've seen we know that to be false. It's funny with all this supposed power Parallax infected Ganthet was defeated by 5 GL's. Don't try to reduce the events in 'Green Lantern: Rebirth' so simplistically. The way that the 5 perrenial GL's managed to defeat Parallax was by embracing, confronting and defeating their worst fears so that Parallax would have no power over them. I won't even bother posting scans of their penultimate fight. Anybody who's read it, understands how they won.

Whether one Guardian's personal power reserves approaches that of the entire Central Power Battery is irrelevant. We've already seen several Guardian feats and how much power they have individually. And we're talking about the greatest and most seniro of Guardians, Ganthet.

Ganthet 9/10.

Avlon

It's been stated by narration. "So great was the Guardians power that each one was like unto a living power battery."

On top of that, Guardians can share/draw power with each other on the fly with but a thought.

Thanos has almost no chance.

jadervason
Originally posted by Avlon
It's been stated by narration. "So great was the Guardians power that each one was like unto a living power battery."

On top of that, Guardians can share/draw power with each other on the fly with but a thought.

I knew I read that somewhere.

quanchi112
Don't try to reduce the events in 'Green Lantern: Rebirth' so simplistically. The way that the 5 perrenial GL's managed to defeat Parallax was by embracing, confronting and defeating their worst fears so that Parallax would have no power over them. I won't even bother posting scans of their penultimate fight. Anybody who's read it, understands how they won.

Whether one Guardian's personal power reserves approaches that of the entire Central Power Battery is irrelevant. We've already seen several Guardian feats and how much power they have individually. And we're talking about the greatest and most seniro of Guardians, Ganthet.

Ganthet 9/10. Do you have any scans of his battle feats?

Again a pre DOSDoomsday tore through them and so did Prime. Post some scans please. Thanos 10 out of 10.

quanchi112

Thanos has almost no chance. Thanos has too many impressive battle feats while I have seen none of Ganthet.

OneDumbG0
Do you have any scans of his battle feats?

Again a pre DOSDoomsday tore through them and so did Prime. Post some scans please. Thanos 10 out of 10. Neither Doomsday, nor Superman-Prime tore through any Guardians. Doomsday tore through Green Lanterns. He never tore through Guardians. This is essentially what happened when a single random Guardian decided to end the battle:
http://img105.imageshack.us/my.php?image=da1407na.jpg

Which mirrors almost exactly what happened to Superman-Prime in 'Sinestro Corps War.' Superman-Prime tears through Green Lanterns, sure. But a single random Guardian grabs onto Superman-Prime and ends his rampage. Notice where Superman-Prime can't bring enough strength to bear to resist or escape from the Guardian's physical grip:
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/everyoneone2.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/everyoneone3.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/everyoneone4.jpg

Neither Guardians, nor Ganthet himself have a lot of combat feats. The Guardians put a beating on the Anti-Monitor. Ganthet himself embarassed a Parallax-possessed Kilowog during 'Green Lantern: Rebirth.' Most other times they let their Green Lanterns fight or just stand back and pull some non-interference credo garbage, like when they allowed Hal Jordan to absorb the Central Power Battery in 'Emerald Twilight.'

Regardless, Ganthet 9/10:

quanchi112
Neither Doomsday, nor Superman-Prime tore through any Guardians. Doomsday tore through Green Lanterns. He never tore through Guardians. This is essentially what happened when a single random Guardian decided to end the battle:
http://img105.imageshack.us/my.php?image=da1407na.jpg

Which mirrors almost exactly what happened to Superman-Prime in 'Sinestro Corps War.' Superman-Prime tears through Green Lanterns, sure. But a single random Guardian grabs onto Superman-Prime and ends his rampage. Notice where Superman-Prime can't bring enough strength to bear to resist or escape from the Guardian's physical grip:
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/everyoneone2.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/everyoneone3.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/everyoneone4.jpg

Neither Guardians, nor Ganthet himself have a lot of combat feats. The Guardians put a beating on the Anti-Monitor. Ganthet himself embarassed a Parallax-possessed Kilowog during 'Green Lantern: Rebirth.' Most other times they let their Green Lanterns fight or just stand back and pull some non-interference credo garbage, like when they allowed Hal Jordan to absorb the Central Power Battery in 'Emerald Twilight.'

Regardless, Ganthet 9/10: The Guardians still looked confused as what to do. Kinda hard to read the print. But they did take care of him. As they should have as Doomsday was the weakest we had seen.

The guardian in sinestro corps grabs a hold of Prime and commits suicide to stop him. That to me says he didnt have the outright power to beat him. All the Guardians were present as well. It shows they lacked the combined power to stop Prime amidst this chaos. This doesnt impress me.

Parallax hasnt been that impressive since sinestro corps. Hes nowhere near as powerful as he used to be.

These blue men also backed down to darkseid ages ago when they declared war on apokolips. They seem to be too standbackish to be able to brawl with the likes of Thanos. Thanos is smarter,more versatile,and more durable than any of these blue men. I still cant figure out why you think this guy beats Thanos if these are your ace cards.

Juntai

Ganthet 9/10: thumb up

Mindset

That's nice, but we know that is not true or Ganthet could have remade the Corps. by himself.

Also no Guardian has feats approaching that of Parallax or Ion.

Mindset
Don't try to reduce the events in 'Green Lantern: Rebirth' so simplistically. The way that the 5 perrenial GL's managed to defeat Parallax was by embracing, confronting and defeating their worst fears so that Parallax would have no power over them. I won't even bother posting scans of their penultimate fight. Anybody who's read it, understands how they won.

Ganthet 9/10.

The point was Parallax Ganthet couldn't kill them outright, they were fighting him physically, yet Parallax was unable to hurt them.

Actually if the Guardian's power is close to the Battery is relevant since that is what I was talking about. no expression

Avlon
That's nice, but we know that is not true or Ganthet could have remade the Corps. by himself.

Also no Guardian has feats approaching that of Parallax or Ion.

Ganthet and his wife are actually powering the blue corps...\

Are you implying that a Guardian would have to be ION or Parallax max level to take out Thanos?

Mindset
Ganthet and his wife are actually powering the blue corps...\

Are you implying that a Guardian would have to be ION or Parallax max level to take out Thanos?

They may be harnessing said power, like the Guardians did with willpower, the battery contains the willpower in the entire universe, but they are not powering the Blue Corps.

I'm not implying anything, I'm correcting false claims of power, is that ok?

jadervason
They may be harnessing said power, like the Guardians did with willpower, the battery contains the willpower in the entire universe, but they are not powering the Blue Corps.

I may not be the gun, but I am harnessing the gun. Does it matter?

Avlon

Sure. If you want to go against DC's stance on a guardians power level.

Do we separate Odin from the Odinforce in threads?

Mindset

Lol, you're a funny guy.

So you take statements over feats?

Avlon
Lol, you're a funny guy.

So you take statements over feats?

Onedumbgo already explained how powerful they were earlier. If you think that it's speculation, say so.

Would you separate Odin from the Odinforce in one of his threads?

Mindset
Onedumbgo already explained how powerful they were earlier. If you think that it's speculation, say so.

Would you separate Odin from the Odinforce in one of his threads?

Yes, Odin and the Odinforce and Guardians and the central power battery share so much in common. no expression Odinforce is a part of Odin, it's not external energy collected from the universe, and even if it was, that is his power that he uses. No Guardian has ever used the entire battery, no Guardian has feats to show he is on par with someone who is using the entire energy of the battery, which is being suggested here.

I know how powerful they are, however I didn't see Onedumbgo post evidence to show they are as powerful as the battery, nor to my knowledge does any exist, I'd be happy for you to prove me wrong Avlon.

I love DC

Do we separate Odin from the Odinforce in threads? Odinforceis apart ofodin

you really dontgetitdo ya

Avlon
Yes, Odin and the Odinforce and Guardians and the central power battery share so much in common. no expression Odinforce is a part of Odin, it's not external energy collected from the universe, and even if it was, that is his power that he uses. No Guardian has ever used the entire battery, no Guardian has feats to show he is on par with someone who is using the entire energy of the battery, which is being suggested here.

I know how powerful they are, however I didn't see Onedumbgo post evidence to show they are as powerful as the battery, nor to my knowledge does any exist, I'd be happy for you to prove me wrong Avlon.

Really? So I guess ODIN didn't say that he taps into an external force here.

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/7514/warlockandtheinfinitywatch25bl7.th.jpg

Once again, why would a guardian have to tap into an entire battery? Their on panel description says they are comparable to a battery. It may be subjective, but in no way does that hinder them in this fight.

iceman24567
Lol, you're a funny guy.

So you take statements over feats? Didn't a Guardian self destruct and release a solar system destroying blast? How is that for feats? confused

jadervason
Originally posted by iceman24567
Didn't a Guardian self destruct and release a solar system destroying blast? How is that for feats? confused

I am afraid.

Why do galaxies and solar systems get destroyed so frequently...

Cartesian Doubt
Didn't Ganthet say his power dwarfed that of the Spectre's in Rebirth ?

Any way the Guardians have had a mixture of bad and good showings.

Good Showings;
Taking on the Anti Monitor and doing well.

Providing Super boy Prime with enough energy to beat the crap out of Myxx and survive a universe destroying blast.

Bad showings ;
Die ing at the hands of Doomsday (Although the explosion ripped a hole in time and space)

Didn't they get beaten by Hal when possed by Pharallax ?

Erik-Lensherr
Ganthet certainly isn't even close to Spectre, despite what he's saying.

quanchi112

Once again, why would a guardian have to tap into an entire battery? Their on panel description says they are comparable to a battery. It may be subjective, but in no way does that hinder them in this fight. Once again on panel feats have them nowhere near a batterys power. Unless you feel Superman Prime>oan battery. As a group they had no answer for him and one of them decided to take his life. That doesnt impress me at all. In fact it shows how clueless they can be.

quanchi112
Didn't Ganthet say his power dwarfed that of the Spectre's in Rebirth ?

Any way the Guardians have had a mixture of bad and good showings.

Good Showings;
Taking on the Anti Monitor and doing well.

Providing Super boy Prime with enough energy to beat the crap out of Myxx and survive a universe destroying blast.

Bad showings ;
Die ing at the hands of Doomsday (Although the explosion ripped a hole in time and space)

Didn't they get beaten by Hal when possed by Pharallax ? Spectre>>>Ganthet. I dont care what any statement says. He actually has on panel battle feats that are very impressive while I still have seen nothing at all to even be somewhat impressed by these little blue people.

Also I want to note that Prime had Annataz with him who depowered Mxy. Prime didnt just beat the crap out of him on his own.

quanchi112
Didn't a Guardian self destruct and release a solar system destroying blast? How is that for feats? confused Yeah one also self destructed and powered up another character. smile

quanchi112
Lol, you're a funny guy.

So you take statements over feats? Yes i like to go with statements and feats especially when i read sinestro corps and watched the green lanterns save their uneffective asses all over the place.

Cartesian Doubt
Spectre>>>Ganthet. I dont care what any statement says. He actually has on panel battle feats that are very impressive while I still have seen nothing at all to even be somewhat impressed by these little blue people.

Also I want to note that Prime had Annataz with him who depowered Mxy. Prime didnt just beat the crap out of him on his own.

Zattana powered myxx ?

That's a new one. Thats as retarded as saying that the Silver Surfer could de power Galactus.

quanchi112
Zattana powered myxx ?

That's a new one. Thats as retarded as saying that the Silver Surfer could de power Galactus. Did you read the story? Annataz depowered him. Its on panel. smile

Cartesian Doubt
Did you read the story? Annataz depowered him. Its on panel. smile

I'm afraid to say that i did actually read the story, and I'm sure I killed a part of my soul in doing so. There is no ref to Zatanna thingy girl de-powering Myx.

fangirl101
I'm afraid to say that i did actually read the story, and I'm sure I killed a part of my soul in doing so. There is no ref to Zatanna thingy girl de-powering Myx. she did not. she used a spell to sap his will from being able to summon his magic. basically he was still omnipotent, but had no way to summon up any magic. he wasn't depowered as evident that when superman prime had "killed" mxy, he just woke back up and healed himself.

Mr. Slippyfist
she did not. she used a spell to sap his will from being able to summon his magic. basically he was still omnipotent, but had no way to summon up any magic. he wasn't depowered as evident that when superman prime had "killed" mxy, he just woke back up and healed himself. So... he was depowered?

fangirl101
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
So... he was depowered? if he was depowered, then how was he able to come back from the dead. that was an instinctual thing. he wasn't able to summon the magic. depowered would mean he had no powers. he still had his powers at the end of the story as he talked about the story.

iceman24567
Yeah one also self destructed and powered up another character. smile We can only guess why that happened though the kid does absorb solar energy so maybe the energy released was comparable on some level? Just a guess anyways. Just saying the energy in a Guardian is up there maybe not what people are saying because their feats don't support the statements made.

Mr. Slippyfist
if he was depowered, then how was he able to come back from the dead. that was an instinctual thing. he wasn't able to summon the magic. depowered would mean he had no powers. he still had his powers at the end of the story as he talked about the story. You just said she cut him off from his magic. Obviously he was depowered.

"No magic for imp!" "Return magic to imp!" "Return home Mxyzplitlk!"

Also, he couldn't destroy him because:
"You might have been quick enough to catch him unawares, but you can never take away his essence. Nor can you completely beat down any of us who exist beyond our wits."

I see it the same as when Black Alice took away Spectre's power.

I know you won't... but that's to be expected.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist You just said she cut him off from his magic. Obviously he was depowered."No magic for imp!" "Return magic to imp!" "Return home Mxyzplitlk!"Also, he couldn't destroy him because:"You might have been quick enough to catch him unawares, but you can never take away his essence. Nor can you completely beat down any of us who exist beyond our wits."I see it the same as when Black Alice took away Spectre's power.I know you won't... but that's to be expected. you think i care what is expected of me? if you expect me to see things your way, and when I don't, use an insult, then so be it. obviously if she "depowered" him in the conventional sense, she could have confronted him dead on. but we know how that would have went. she would be a piece of bread on a sandwhich somewhere.

fangirl101
We can only guess why that happened though the kid does absorb solar energy so maybe the energy released was comparable on some level? Just a guess anyways. Just saying the energy in a Guardian is up there maybe not what people are saying because their feats don't support the statements made.

being able to push someone into the bleed with pure force says alot. the guardian was also so strong, that superboy prime couldn't break his grip.

Mindset

Once again, why would a guardian have to tap into an entire battery? Their on panel description says they are comparable to a battery. It may be subjective, but in no way does that hinder them in this fight.

I guess you completely missed the part where I say even if it is external that is power he uses, and no Guardian has used the entire Power Battery, nor have they shown power equal to or even close to someone using the full battery.

You ignore words that make you posts useless. wink

Again, post proof of a Guardians power equal or close to someone using the full battery or stop posting here because anything you say is unimportant dribble. smile

Avlon
I guess you completely missed the part where I say even if it is external that is power he uses, and no Guardian has used the entire Power Battery, nor have they shown power equal to or even close to someone using the full battery.

I guess you missed both what's been stated on panel, the feats that have been posted, and how nobody has claimed that a Guardian needs to match an entire Oan battery to win. smile

You ignore words that make you posts useless. wink

Nope. You just make no sense and have a lack of reading comprehension. Then again, you debated that GR will beat DD. That alone says enough about you.

Again, post proof of a Guardians power equal or close to someone using the full battery or stop posting here because anything you say is unimportant dribble. smile

Yes. Because you've shown proof of? That's right...nada. Just what we need. Another useless poster. laughing

I like how you ignored the Odin scan. wink

Mindset
I guess you missed both what's been stated on panel, the feats that have been posted, and how nobody has claimed that a Guardian needs to match an entire Oan battery to win. smile

Nope. You just make no sense and have a lack of reading comprehension. Then again, you debated that GR will beat DD. That alone says enough about you.

Yes. Because you've shown proof of? That's right...nada. Just what we need. Another useless poster. laughing

I like how you ignored the Odin scan. wink

You are rather dense.

When did I claim Ganthet needed to match the strength of the Oan battery to beat Thanos, in an earlier post you even tried to say I was implying that, then I went on to tell you that I wasn't, I was just correcting the false claims on a Guardians power.

Lack of reading comprehension, really, what may I ask didn't I understand? You haven't said anything to prove that Ganthet is as powerful as the battery, which is what I've been saying is wrong.

Yes, bring in what happens in another thread, which is irrelevant, and try to make the claim that I don't know what I'm talking about here when in fact I doubt you even read Green Lantern comics. Not too mention that you never gave a reason how DD beats GR and I said that GR can't beat DD with punches and kicks, but could possibly do it with his Penance Stare, and I even went on to say I'll have to read up some more to make sure I'm right...yea you really got me there Avlon.

What do you want me to show proof of? That Ganthet is not equal to the battery, you want me to prove the negative?

Yea I ignored the Odin pic, that's why it was the first thing I addressed in my post...you're a joke.

quanchi112
I'm afraid to say that i did actually read the story, and I'm sure I killed a part of my soul in doing so. There is no ref to Zatanna thingy girl de-powering Myx. Then you need to read it again.

quanchi112
she did not. she used a spell to sap his will from being able to summon his magic. basically he was still omnipotent, but had no way to summon up any magic. he wasn't depowered as evident that when superman prime had "killed" mxy, he just woke back up and healed himself. He was depowered. Then he crapped his pants and hid in the fifth dimension. Yet you think hes omnipotent. erm

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
You just said she cut him off from his magic. Obviously he was depowered.

"No magic for imp!" "Return magic to imp!" "Return home Mxyzplitlk!"

Also, he couldn't destroy him because:
"You might have been quick enough to catch him unawares, but you can never take away his essence. Nor can you completely beat down any of us who exist beyond our wits."

I see it the same as when Black Alice took away Spectre's power.

I know you won't... but that's to be expected. Pwnage.

quanchi112
being able to push someone into the bleed with pure force says alot. the guardian was also so strong, that superboy prime couldn't break his grip. He put on a death grip while he killed himself all in vain.

Avlon
You are rather dense.

Mindless gibberish.

When did I claim Ganthet needed to match the strength of the Oan battery to beat Thanos, in an earlier post you even tried to say I was implying that, then I went on to tell you that I wasn't, I was just correcting the false claims on a Guardians power.

Correcting with what? Did you bring some sort of proof to the thread?
Stating that you have a differing opinion is fine. Correcting would require proof...which you don't have.

Lack of reading comprehension, really, I what may I ask didn't I understand? You haven't said anything to prove that Ganthet is as powerful as the battery, which is what I've been saying is wrong.

That's because I nor anyone has claimed that he would need that type of power to battle Thanos..duh...

Yes, bring in what happens in another thread, which is irrelevant, and try to make the claim that I don't know what I'm talking about here when in fact I doubt you even read Green Lantern comics. Not too mention that you never gave a reason how DD beats GR and I said that GR can't beat DD with punches and kicks, but could possibly do it with his Penance Stare, and I even went on to say I'll have to read up some more to make sure I'm right...yea you really got me there Avlon.

You made excuses in that thread because you got caught with your pants down. Now you make an unsupported claim that I don't read GL comics.

Laughable.

What do you want me to show proof of? That Ganthet is not equal to the battery, you want me to prove the negative?

If you are claiming that he isn't as powerful as an Oan battery (not that it really matters..but hey...you wanted to "correct" people) then show proof.

My theory is simple. They tap into the power the same way Odin can tap into the odinforce.

I don't know why you even brought up that they don't have parallax or Ion feats....why the hell would they have to?

Yea I ignored the Odin pic, that's why it was the first thing I addressed in my post...you're a joke.

Hmm... Originally posted by Mindset
Yes, Odin and the Odinforce and Guardians and the central power battery share so much in common. no expression Odinforce is a part of Odin,
I'd be happy for you to prove me wrong Avlon.

smile

Mindset
And you are a moron. I'll stick with dense.

Correcting with what? Did you bring some sort of proof to the thread?
Stating that you have a differing opinion is fine. Correcting would require proof...which you don't have.

That's because I nor anyone has claimed that he would need that type of power to battle Thanos..duh...

You made excuses in that thread because you got caught with your pants down. Now you make an unsupported claim that I don't read GL comics.

Laughable.

If you are claiming that he isn't as powerful as an Oan battery (not that it really matters..but hey...you wanted to "correct" people) then show proof.

My theory is simple. They tap into the power the same way Odin can tap into the odinforce.

I don't know why you even brought up that they don't have parallax or Ion feats....why the hell would they have to?

Hmm...

smile

*sigh*

I'll make this simple for you Avlon.

Guardians are not as strong as the battery until they have proven themselves to be.

I never said Guardians could not tap into the battery, it would make sense that they could use the entire battery when Kyle and Hal could, but CIS was not taken away so Ganthet will not do that.

I never said Ganthet would need to be as strong as the battery to beat Thanos.

Caught with my pants down in GR vs. DD thread, no, could I be wrong in that GR could beat DD, yes, but did you prove anything...no.

Avlon
*sigh*

I'll make this simple for you Avlon.

Guardians are not as strong as the battery until they have proven themselves to be.

I never said Guardians could not tap into the battery, it would make sense that they could use the entire battery when Kyle and Hal could, but CIS was not taken away so Ganthet will not do that.

I never said Ganthet would need to be as strong as the battery to beat Thanos.

Caught with my pants down in GR vs. DD thread, no, could I be wrong in that GR could beat DD, yes, but did you prove anything...no.

I will break it down Barney style.

I was simply correcting what you stated. That Odinforce comes from Odin. He's a high level being that taps into it...he doesn't use it all at once.

The Guardians power being so great that each is like a living power battery doesn't automatically state that they are equal to Parallax or Ion. They are high level beings that tap into an unlimited source. That's still damn powerful.

You stated complete fallacy in that thread. I corrected it. No biggie though. We can leave that one alone.

Mindset
I will break it down Barney style.

I was simply correcting what you stated. That Odinforce comes from Odin. He's a high level being that taps into it...he doesn't use it all at once.

The Guardians power being so great that each is like a living power battery doesn't automatically state that they are equal to Parallax or Ion. They are high level beings that tap into an unlimited source. That's still damn powerful.

You stated complete fallacy in that thread. I corrected it. No biggie though. We can leave that one alone.

It's true that I said the Odinforce came from Odin, I also said whether it was external or not doesn't matter because it is power he uses, the Guardian's do not use the entire battery, nor have they ever shown to be as strong as the battery.

People were suggesting that the Guardians were as strong as the battery, if they were they'd be as strong as someone who is using the entirety of the battery, whether they have the power to use the entire battery or not doesn't matter, even I think they can, but it doesn't matter because they wont.

I was never saying the Guardians weren't powerful, they just are not as powerful as people are claiming, unless you want to take statements over actual feats.

jadervason
It's true that I said the Odinforce came from Odin, I also said whether it was external or not doesn't matter because it is power he uses, the Guardian's do not use the entire battery, nor have they ever shown to be as strong as the battery.

People were suggesting that the Guardians were as strong as the battery, if they were they'd be as strong as someone who is using the entirety of the battery, whether they have the power to use the entire battery or not doesn't matter, even I think they can, but it doesn't matter because they wont.

I was never saying the Guardians weren't powerful, they just are not as powerful as people are claiming, unless you want to take statements over actual feats.

Who prevails?

Avlon

I don't think either Odin nor Ganthet would need to tap into their whole power source to win this battle. Showing Ganthet to be as powerful as an entire battery is irrelevant in all seriousness.

I don't think that they are as strong as the entire battery at once either. Even if they were, it would be hard to verify since they (Guardians) don't usually involve themselves in battle.

I simply brought up the statement that was presented on panel by DC. Even in the original statement I don't think that they meant that they are exactly = to a battery.

Mindset
I don't think either Odin nor Ganthet would need to tap into their whole power source to win this battle. Showing Ganthet to be as powerful as an entire battery is irrelevant in all seriousness.

I don't think that they are as strong as the entire battery at once either. Even if they were, it would be hard to verify since they (Guardians) don't usually involve themselves in battle.

I simply brought up the statement that was presented on panel by DC. Even in the original statement I don't think that they meant that they are exactly = to a battery.

I'm not sure if you have been getting this, but I was never arguing the Ganthet needed to tap into the entire power the battery holds to beat Thanos, I was never even talking about the fight between the two. I was correcting people in saying that Ganthet = The Battery.

xmarksthespot
Ganthet.

quanchi112
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Ganthet. How?

xmarksthespot
By punching him out like Rulk would. haw-som

quanchi112
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
By punching him out like Rulk would. haw-som Ganthet punches people out? Scans?

leonidas
hmmm, how does ganthet fare now that he has the blue energy...?

Sundipped

Boy, did he hype Thanos up or what? laughing out loud

Galan007
Originally posted by leonidas
hmmm, how does ganthet fare now that he has the blue energy...? Johns has successfully wrecked Lanterns across the board. Not even the Guardians were spared from this mass genocide.

Very soon now he's going to spread his 'taint' across the entire DCU in an effort to flush every character down the shitter as well.

Cogito
Seriously. Not even Krona w/ all rings is impressive, unless Hal was just that impressive.

Harbinger
Originally posted by Galan007
Johns has successfully wrecked Lanterns across the board. Not even the Guardians were spared from this mass genocide.

Very soon now he's going to spread his 'taint' across the entire DCU in an effort to flush every character down the shitter as well. Except for Barry. That dude's golden.

retardslayerxt

SquallX
Originally posted by Galan007
Johns has successfully wrecked Lanterns across the board. Not even the Guardians were spared from this mass genocide.

Very soon now he's going to spread his 'taint' across the entire DCU in an effort to flush every character down the shitter as well.

I loathe that man.

JakeTheBank
Geoff Johns is too busy retconning your childhood to care about what you think! sneer

Also, Thanos should win regardless.

leonidas
hrm. that's too bad. thought maybe ganthet would have been given his due. guardians remind me of galactus--both are in need of some definitive respect. maybe g will gte his against odin and build a little on what he did during the annihilus arc.... or maybe he'll take a step back. either way, i was hoping maybe the guardians would have been given some luv with all the shinanigans happening. so where DO the guardians fit? firmly trans? could ss take ganthet?

JakeTheBank
I would say typical Guardians are High Trans/Low Skyfather with Ganthet obviously being the one with the superior feats. Silver Surfer couldn't take Ganthet, imo and I say an elite Lantern such as Hal or Kyle could split or possibly get a majority on Norrin.

quanchi112
I'm glad to see posters have come around since 2008. Keep progressing my children.

leonidas
this thread deserves a bump if only to show people that there was a time when mindset actually in threads. where's that old fire mindset....where's that old fire....?

iceman24567
Ganthet rips Thanos a new one

JakeTheBank
Thanos, imo.

PillarofOsiris
It's a good fight. Hard to call a winner.

bobbybatman
Its not that hard, Ganthet wins.

abhilegend
Ganthet. Easily.

RadZoa
Question: What has Ganthet actually done? How powerful are Guardians anyway? All I know about is the whole cracking planets with thoughts etc.

bobbybatman
You answered your own question and pretty much the result too.

abhilegend
Originally posted by RadZoa
Question: What has Ganthet actually done? How powerful are Guardians anyway? All I know about is the whole cracking planets with thoughts etc.
Guardians are big bang level powerful. As stated by Kyle. And statements are never false.

http://s6d2.turboimg.net/t1/29483815_2575360.jpg

thumb up

Brockalizer
Originally posted by abhilegend
Guardians are big bang level powerful. As stated by Kyle. And statements are never false.

http://s6d2.turboimg.net/t1/29483815_2575360.jpg

thumb up Yes, but he used the plural form. Therefore that statement does not address the power of an individual Guardian.

bobbybatman
Superman beats Darkseid.
Ganthet oneshotted Superman.
Darkseid >> Thanos.
Hence, from the above equations : Ganthet beats Thanos.
Hey, not every battle is rock, paper , scissor.

Ganthet's powerset :

Cosmic Awareness
Dimensional Manipulation
Energy Absorption
Energy Shield
Force-Field
Light Projection
Invulnerability
Time Manipulation
Matter Absorption
Phasing
Reality Manipulation
Healing
Teleportation
Hope-Induced Energy Constructs
Siphon Abilities
Siphon Lifeforce
Size Manipulation
Holographic Projection
Genetic Manipulation
Immortality
Telepathy
Astral Projection
Illusion Casting
Technopathy
Telekinesis
Flight
Levitation

Estacado

abhilegend
Originally posted by Brockalizer
Yes, but he used the plural form. Therefore that statement does not address the power of an individual Guardian.
erm

basilisk
Originally posted by bobbybatman
Superman beats Darkseid.
Ganthet oneshotted Superman.
Darkseid >> Thanos.
Hence, from the above equations : Ganthet beats Thanos.
Hey, not every battle is rock, paper , scissor.

Did DCnU ever sort out what power levels they set the Guardians at now? In the New Gods/GL Corps arc even average NGs seemed to crap all over the GLs. Someone even said they mentioned the NG were above the Guardians. But Superman, Wonder Woman etc seem to be at least at rebooted Orion's level, so where does that put them compared to Guardians?

RadZoa
Originally posted by abhilegend
erm How many Guardians are there though? If for example there are 10 Guardians and they all together equal the Big Bang then that's still 1/10 the Big Bang which means they'd each individual be able to wipe out multiple galaxies.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by RadZoa
How many Guardians are there though? If for example there are 10 Guardians and they all together equal the Big Bang then that's still 1/10 the Big Bang which means they'd each individual be able to wipe out multiple galaxies. I've always assumed that some Guardians were more powerful than others, with Ganthet being at or near the top. For example Sayd, Ganthet, Krona, and Scar have had powerful, yet distinctly different showings.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.