Season 7 Finale "Artic"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

@st
Wow, 7 years in the making and this was probably the worst season finale since the tornado in season 1. First of all the ending, if Lex doesnt appear in the premiere next season the writers should be shot for leaving him in a cliffhanger instead of writing the character out. If they do some stupid story of Lex getting hit by falling crystals and losing his memory or something I may stop watching this damn show.

Lana was actually written out, with her annual "leaving Smallville" finale moment. But of course she will be a character that actually does come back no matter how badly she needs to stay away. Hopefully Chloe comes back, her getting arrested isnt a good enough way for her character to leave for good.

Jimmy was actually pretty good in this episode, mainly because he had two scenes with Lex. And Lois comforting Clark after the video was a nice scene.

I liked Clark finally showing some backbone and determination in killing Brainiac, its sad to see Brainiac go since he could fill the void of Lex leaving. Clark and Lex's final scene seemed every awkward considering it was the moment the show has built towards since day one. The initial stare down was cool, but then they both seemed very calm and didnt put out much emotion, aside from Clark begging like a *****. I would of figured Lex would have a field day after confirming his suspicions, but he just calmly said he was doing everyone a favor. Then we got a terrible cliffhanger of the fortress collapsing.

Hopefully the people taking over next year can turn things around, but this seemed like a very "meh" end to a very "meh" season.

Darth Vicious
Co-sign! I thought since this was Michael Rosenbaum last season that the finale was going to be a stand alone finale. It was pure garbage. Im guessing that Chloe will be recruited by the government instead of be placed in jail. I thought they were done with the Phantom Zone and now they placed Kara in it. We know she'll be out. I guess Clark will be working for the Daily Planet next season as it was hinted last night. Im starting to get bored with Smallville, it has dragged for far too long already.

@st
I did like the Daily Planet idea, its got to happen someday, and it could mean that Clark might actually start thinking for himself instead of Chloe telling him how to do every little thing. Hopefully we get a more streamlined show next year with Clark, Lois, and Jimmy since they are together in the future. Clark should finally start being a hero, and we need to see a lot more of Ollie because the show is going to be lacking a must watch character without Lex.

I dont know how shooting works, maybe they filmed the finale and the next premiere together or something, but if Lex doesnt show up for atleast a scene to clear up what happens, Smallville really ****ed themselves last night.

The Pict
This was a really poor episode. They could have saved it by having a real confrontation between Lex and Clark instead of Clark just falling over.

Really disappointed.

jumpmann
The Lex/Clark scene should have been 20 minutes instead of 4.

Terrible finale to a poor season.

The Pict
Originally posted by jumpmann

Terrible finale to a poor season.

I know. As the episode was nearing the end I was like "where the hell is this Lex/Clark confrontation?"

I'm not too sure why the writers wrote an episode so poorly. Did they actually think this was a decent season finale?

Amazon
This would have been a good episode had it not been the season finally and the last episode for Michael rosenbaum. He deserved a MUCH better send off than that. And what I don't get is, it's a freaking cliffhanger. Which means he HAS to be in season 8 for at least the first episode??? And so does Alison Mack. Clark or Oliver has to get her out of jail somehow.
I am glad that Lana is gone. If she comes back I will be soo pissed off.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Co-sign! I thought since this was Michael Rosenbaum last season that the finale was going to be a stand alone finale. It was pure garbage. Im guessing that Chloe will be recruited by the government instead of be placed in jail. I thought they were done with the Phantom Zone and now they placed Kara in it. We know she'll be out. I guess Clark will be working for the Daily Planet next season as it was hinted last night. Im starting to get bored with Smallville, it has dragged for far too long already. I hope Kara stays in the phantom zone. I didn't really like her.

I didn't like the cliff hanger either. This finale was a let down.

Lana leaving was awesome.

I loved the moment where it was Lois who comforted Clark. At least their making some progress on that front.

I'm not sure how I feel about Chloe leaving. That means they're making progress cast wise, but she was so awesome!

The stare down was cool though. But Lex was to soft on that part.

For the sake of the world? Thats cool, but don't freakin comfort the dude and hold him in your arms while apologizing. He should have been completely evil by then. He should have laughed maniaclly or something while escaping the fortress and leaving clark to be buried alive in the crystals.

BruceSkywalker
I watched the season finale and must say WTF...That was a very cheesy way to get rid of Michael Rosenbaum. I guess he can try making movies.

~JP~
Originally posted by jumpmann

Terrible finale.

Much agreed

Rosenbaum is on record that he's not coming back, not even for guest spots.

Kara will only be back a limited number of episodes.

Chloe will be back in every episode next year.

Lana will be back for a few episodes.

Lois and Jimmy will be back as well.

jumpmann
They don't need Lex, Lois, Lana, or....well Chloe is pretty important to Smallville mythology.

Take Clark, and make him interesting. Infinite number of ways to do it without throwing a villain in there. In fact, lose villains and fight scenes all together. Let Clark develop into his secret identity, let him deal with problems that don't involved kryptonite, go a completely different direction now.

@st
I think the show could do fine with just Clark and Lois, with occasional episodes with Jimmy. Since those are the three we know will be around in the end. The more I think, the more I would of preferred Chloe not return. She has been one of the best characters, but aside from Lana she is the biggest thing holding Clark back, I swear he cant tie his shoes without her.

The Pict
Originally posted by @st
I think the show could do fine with just Clark and Lois, with occasional episodes with Jimmy. Since those are the three we know will be around in the end. The more I think, the more I would of preferred Chloe not return. She has been one of the best characters, but aside from Lana she is the biggest thing holding Clark back, I swear he cant tie his shoes without her.

I'm not too big a fan of Lois, to be honest. She's been around what 3 season now? And she's never really had that big a part to play, and Jimmy is almost as pointless as Kara was. If he never appeared in Smallville would the show be missing anything?

I want Chloe to come back, Smallville has it's own uniqueness within the Superman mythology, and Chloe plays a big role in that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.