The 2nd and 3rd Most Powerful Sith & Jedi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lt. Valerian
We know Luke and the Emperor are the most powerful of the most powerful, but who are at the second and third position?

Darth Sexy
2. Ragnos
3. Revan/Exar Kun
4. Bane/Jacen

Tangible God
WTF are you talking about? Palpatine is NOT #1. At most he places third, maybe second if it's DE. The right honourable and much revered Bane is #1.

Blue_Hefner
Revan, Jacen Solo, Darth Revan, Darth Bane

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Tangible God
WTF are you talking about? Palpatine is NOT #1. At most he places third, maybe second if it's DE. The right honourable and much revered Bane is #1.
You're kidding right?

Tangible God
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
You're kidding right? As a matter of fact no, I'm not. Bane is incredibly underrated, while non-canon sources have boosted Palpatine, a man who has done nothing to prove himself as the most powerful, to top spot. Taking over the galaxy from a corrupt government isn't enough, and Palpatine owes everything he is and did to Bane.

Lol, just kidding. Believe in Jesus.

Gideon
As a matter of fact no, I'm not. Bane is incredibly underrated, while non-canon sources have boosted Palpatine, a man who has done nothing to prove himself as the most powerful, to top spot. Taking over the galaxy from a corrupt government isn't enough, and Palpatine owes everything he is and did to Bane.

Lol, just kidding. Believe in Jesus.

I am the most powerful Sith ever.

ThoraxeRMG
Originally posted by Gideon
I am the most powerful Sith ever.

No, Jack of Blades is....

Lord Knightfa11
2. Nihilus
3. Krayt/bane vie for this position

Darth Exodus
1: Boba Fett
2: Boba Fett
3: Jango Fett.

'nuff said....

caedusrulesall
Jedi:

#2: End of KOTOR Revan
#3: Start of LOTF Jacen (you know...right before he becomes a Sith)

Sith:

#2: Exar Kun/Darth Revan
#3: Exar Kun/Darth Revan

Ivalice
Exar and revan sure are really tied head to head. IMO both are equal in power just that one is better at force knowledge and the other in sith sorcery/alchemy.

Elite Hunter
The only advantage I'd give Kun over Revan for sure is in the lightsaber department.

truejedi
Sith: 2. Bane
3. Maybe Revan, or Tyrannus

Jedi: 2. Yoda
3. Obi-wan, or Windu

Ivalice
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
The only advantage I'd give Kun over Revan for sure is in the lightsaber department. In terms of force strength i'd give them equal.

Kadesh
Well that's pretty stupid, considering how Exar literally smashes him in demonstrated mastery and power.

And the actual lists, from a combat standpoint, would be:

Jedi:

1. Luke Skywalker/Bastilla Shan.
2. Kyp Durron.
3. Yoda.

Sith:

1. Darth Sion.
2. Darth Nihilus.
3. Darth Bane.

Ivalice
Originally posted by Kadesh
Well that's pretty stupid, considering how Exar literally smashes him in demonstrated mastery and power. Well i'm no kun expert.

Jedi:

2. Kyp Durron.
3. Yoda.

Sith:

1. Darth Sion.
2. Darth Nihilus.
3. Darth Bane. This list is a joke, bastila on par with luke skywalker? And bane curbstomps sion. Go ahead with your unreadable long posts, i have no will to engage in a debate with you.

truejedi
bastilla? confused confused

Gideon
Originally posted by truejedi
bastilla? confused confused

Kadesh is but the latest in the line of a mentally disabled and socially awkward family. We pity him and allow him to speak his rambles.

Captain REX
No need to bash him, but I do disagree with his list entirely.

Ivalice
Originally posted by Captain REX
No need to bash him, but I do disagree with his list entirely. Aren't you going to ban that idiot? He is nebaris whom is using a former alias of mine, its identity theft.

Tangible God
Well that's pretty stupid, considering how Exar literally smashes him in demonstrated mastery and power.

And the actual lists, from a combat standpoint, would be:

Jedi:

2. Kyp Durron.
3. Yoda.

Sith:

1. Darth Sion.
2. Darth Nihilus.
3. Darth Bane. Are you stoned? Bastila?

Lt. Valerian
I think the list is pretty tough.

Sith:
-ROT Bane
-Darth Nihilus
-Exar Kun

Jedi:
-Mace Windu
-ROTS Kenobi
-ROTS Skywalker

Not in that particular order, though.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Lt. Valerian
I think the list is pretty tough.

Sith:
-ROT Bane
-Darth Nihilus
-Exar Kun

Jedi:
-Mace Windu
-ROTS Kenobi
-ROTS Skywalker

Not in that particular order, though.

You included obiwan and excluded Yoda wtf? Kyp Durron and Kyle katarna are also good candidates.

Lt. Valerian
You included obiwan and excluded Yoda wtf? Kyp Durron and Kyle katarna are also good candidates.

Sorry, I completely forgot Luke's existence for a few minutes.

Exlude Kenobi, then, and include Yoda.

Yes, you are correct, Katarn would also make a fine candidate. I honestly don't know much about Kyp, though.

Lord Knightfa11
Kadesh is but the latest in the line of a mentally disabled and socially awkward family. We pity him and allow him to speak his rambles.

yay another brother!!!

wait a minute... confused

Darth Exodus
Actually, canonally speaking, Bastila has killed more Sith than Yoda himself (at least one) but other than that even I didn't find the joke that funny. Neb needs to change his material.

Anyway....

Jedi:

2. Revan/Exile
3. Yoda

Sith:

1. Nihilius
2. Bane
3. Exar Kun/ Sidious

Ivalice
nihilus and bane above sidious and exar kun? Are you kidding?

Lt. Valerian
Originally posted by Darth Exodus
Sith:

1. Nihilius
2. Bane
3. Exar Kun/ Sidious

I said second and third (you may include a fourth), not first.

And, what? Luke Skywalker and Darth Sidious have been canonically stated to be the most powerful. Argue whatever you want, doesn't change a thing. Your list doesn't make sense.

Allankles
It's got to be Yoda, Nihilus, Vader and then you can pretty much put anyone else you want after that.

Lord Knightfa11
I choose... BUZZ LIGHTYEAR!!
what? that's not a choice!
BUZZ LIGHTYEAR TO THE RESCUE!!!

Faunus
And, what? Luke Skywalker and Darth Sidious have been canonically stated to be the most powerful.Not a single canon source has ever noted Luke to be the most powerful Jedi ever. That's an inference, if a good one.

And Allankles: Vader would definitely not be that high up. On the Sith side, and looking from a combat standpoint, Exar Kun, Jacen Solo, and Darth Bane all have him outclassed in one way or another. Among the Jedi, second and third place would be contested by Kyp Durron and Yoda, although I'm inclined to give it to the latter.

truejedi
how could u place kyp above windu? kyp had an indestructible weapon on his side.

Faunus
Huh?

Allankles
Originally posted by Faunus

And Allankles: Vader would definitely not be that high up. On the Sith side, and looking from a combat standpoint, Exar Kun, Jacen Solo, and Darth Bane all have him outclassed in one way or another. Among the Jedi, second and third place would be contested by Kyp Durron and Yoda, although I'm inclined to give it to the latter.

I beg to differ on all those names. Bane, Exar and Jacen have not done anything combat wise to put them above Vader. One gets punked by their sister even when he was trying to kill her; even with all his dark side power and knowledge. (So he held off Katarn and a couple other Jedi, that's easily contradicted by losing to one Jaina Solo).

Another never faced anyone more impressive than Ulic or did anything more impressive than killing an old Jedi who used a stick instead of a lightsaber.

And Bane is good but I wouldn't say he was more impressive with his combat displays. TFU will be interesting in shading more light on Vader's already storied legacy. I'll get back to this thread after the game is released.

Darth Sexy
Not a single canon source has ever noted Luke to be the most powerful Jedi ever. That's an inference, if a good one.

No source need to be stated to claim Luke is the most powerful force user in the Star Wars mythos. Sidious however IS the most powerful sith lord, despite the arguments of some and Luke was more powerful than him. Luke being the most powerful is not just an inference, it is a logical conclusion based on all of the evidence.

Faunus
Originally posted by Allankles
I beg to differ on all those names. Bane, Exar and Jacen have not done anything combat wise to put them above Vader.When you read PoD, RoT, and/or look up the significant LotF fights on Wookiepedia, get back to me.
Except he wasn't trying to kill her. He tried to walk out at least twice, IIRC. Never mind the fact that she stabbed him through the abdomen before they even started dueling, and he responded by knocking her away like a toy. His superiority in the Force was significant, and his dueling skills allowed him to go toe-to-toe with a pissed off Luke Skywalker.

Not to mention that the back cover of Invincible calls him one of the most powerful Sith Lords of all time, and the inside flap notes that his command of the Force has surpassed Darth Vader's. In those words.

So yeah. He's better, this isn't even debatable.
"Another" happens to have access to an amulet capable of blowing through temple walls and disintegrating Sith monstrosities, spirits, and Dark side-imbued warriors. "Another" also managed to freeze in place every single non-Force-sensitive being in the Senate while he walked up to the Chancellor and basically ripped into and controlled his mind.
Again; PoD and RoT. Or, go the VS section and look at some of what's been discussed already.

I don't think that any of the three would win with anything resembling ease, but each of them will almost certainly best him in combat. Kun's the only one you could really question there.

Edit: DS, I never argued that, as I thought I made clear. I was correcting Valerian because he said it is "canon fact," when all it is is a logical conclusion.

Darth Sexy
Point taken

Lt. Valerian
I thought he actually was stated to be the most powerful somewhere, my mistake on that one.

Sidi-Boy
Well, actually, they are right that Luke was never stated to be the most powerful Jedi ever... but it's true... sadly. Lolz.

Jedi:

2. Yoda
3. Mace Windu

Sith:

2. Bane
3. Nihilus (Although, from a combat standpoint, he wasn't particularly impressive, his uber force drain is just almost unrivaled in terms of world-affecting force powers)

Any WTF? Bastila, the strongest Jedi? Is that a friggin' joke?

It's almost as NOT FUNNY as Sion being the strongest Sith. Sidious, Bane, Kun, and the likes will smash him to little pieces...

truejedi
hmm... if the SA is all that we expect him to be, and then Vader DOMINATES him, in an obvious way in the game, does that make VADER on top of the Star wars food chain?

Elite Hunter
hmm... if the SA is all that we expect him to be, and then Vader DOMINATES him, in an obvious way in the game, does that make VADER on top of the Star wars food chain?
From what I have read about the game there will be circumstances that would come into play if it happens that way.

Allankles
From what I have read about the game there will be circumstances that would come into play if it happens that way.

The SA uses the force like no other Jedi or force user in history. He's Vader's experiment with the force. On top of that Vader chose him because he has great potential, and believes he could help him topple Sidious.

If Vader dominates the SA he'll be clearly above guys like Bane and Kun who are considered to be on his level.

Lt. Valerian
No, not at all, Allankles.

It's a confusing situation, really.

In one of the videos in the Force Unleashed official page, when asked if the Secret Apprentice is the most powerful Force-user ever in an interview, Haden Blackman answers the question saying the Secret Apprentice is pretty powerful (using those exact same words), but the game portrays the Force in a more extreme, unleashed (precisely), way in general, and that all of the Force-users the character faces throughout the game will be unleashed as well.

On the other hand, we have the other video from the page which shows the SA taking down a Star Destroyer with the Force, a feat which would pretty much rank him in the Top 10, at the very least.

Clearly, Blackman has no idea how powerful his character really is, since, to him, the SA is only "pretty powerful".

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Allankles
The SA uses the force like no other Jedi or force user in history. He's Vader's experiment with the force. On top of that Vader chose him because he has great potential, and believes he could help him topple Sidious.

If Vader dominates the SA he'll be clearly above guys like Bane and Kun who are considered to be on his level.

I read a spoiler for a part of a cutscene and if the two were to fight there may very well be circumstances that helps Vader but then again we would have to take what the novel shows as canon not over the top gameplay. So I will reserve my judgment till I read the book.

Allankles
No, not at all, Allankles.

It's a confusing situation, really.

In one of the videos in the Force Unleashed official page, when asked if the Secret Apprentice is the most powerful Force-user ever in an interview, Haden Blackman answers the question saying the Secret Apprentice is pretty powerful (using those exact same words), but the game portrays the Force in a more extreme, unleashed (precisely), way in general, and that all of the Force-users the character faces throughout the game will be unleashed as well.

On the other hand, we have the other video from the page which shows the SA taking down a Star Destroyer with the Force, a feat which would pretty much rank him in the Top 10, at the very least.

Clearly, Blackman has no idea how powerful his character really is, since, to him, the SA is only "pretty powerful".

I don't think Blackman is that concerned about where to rank the character in power. He has him pulling down star destroyers, that speaks for itself. We'll see how it pans out, it will certainly be interesting getting to see a new chapter in Vader's legacy.

Lt. Valerian
I agree. The story and the game's plot will be quite interesting.

Let's stay on topic, though. stick out tongue

Darth Exodus
Yes, I'm pretty sure that that whole post was a joke. In fact, that you didn't get that is kind of embarrassing for you.

Nihilus pulled a freakin' starship out of a gravity well and Drained a whole planets inhabitants whilst holding it together, That's freakin' Huge!!! And, well, I don't feel why I have to explain the reason for Bane.

Lt. Valerian
Originally posted by Darth Exodus
Yes, I'm pretty sure that that whole post was a joke. In fact, that you didn't get that is kind of embarrassing for you.

Actually, if this is the Nebaris I've seen, which is likely seeing as he has an apparent crush on Bane, it probably wasn't a joke.

I would understand Nihilus being above Kun in terms of raw power, but above Sidious? Do you want me to tell you what 'freakin' Huge!!!" powers he has? Nihilus doesn't compare.

As I said before, I don't care if people don't like Sidious being the most powerful, but as a matter of fact he is, and this is the second and third most powerful discussion, so you can't include him in the ranks.

And if you yourself said his whole post was a joke, why in hell do you go and strongly imply you agree with him?

Elite Hunter
While we are on the subject of Sidious, I got to be honest while know that Sidious is the most power, i still have trouble at times accepting this by his ROTS persona it is probably due to the lack of feats that other sith have over him at this point. I mean without the quotes saying him to be the most powerful by rots I would put a few other sith over him(his rots self) such as Caedus.

Lt. Valerian
I must admit I also would. Not saberwise, though, only forcewise.

Faunus
No statement that apply to Sidious would count for later Sith anyway; he's the most powerful Sith as of DE, and any that follow are free from the constraints of authors' bias and stupidity.

Lt. Valerian
Well, yes, but we have yet to see such a powerful Lord.

Gideon
No statement that apply to Sidious would count for later Sith anyway; he's the most powerful Sith as of DE, and any that follow are free from the constraints of authors' bias and stupidity.

Bias and stupidity? How so? I would prefer such an accolade be given to a character worthy of it, wouldn't you, as opposed to a Sith Lord (even one such as Marka Ragnos) who is insignificant in comparison in terms of importance to the story.

Darth Maliko

I knew that somebody on here had to have a brain.
You, Tangible God, officially have a brain.
Bane is the shiz of the Sith. The king, baby!

Faunus
Bias and stupidity? How so? I would prefer such an accolade be given to a character worthy of it, wouldn't you, as opposed to a Sith Lord (even one such as Marka Ragnos) who is insignificant in comparison in terms of importance to the story. Nobody should be named so. Not Sidious, not Yoda, not Ragnos - you get the picture. It's just dumb, and clearly, as Dan Wallace himself stated, a matter of "belief." He figured Sidious was the most powerful, so he decided to canonize it.

Gideon
Nobody should be named so. Not Sidious, not Yoda, not Ragnos - you get the picture. It's just dumb, and clearly, as Dan Wallace himself stated, a matter of "belief." He figured Sidious was the most powerful, so he decided to canonize it.

May I ask why?

Sidi-Boy
To be honest, without the quotes, I'd put RoTS Sidious on equal level with other top Sith- DE Sidious, however, is basically unmatched.

Caedus' power makes no sense, because if Sidious is stronger than him- and by feats and accomplishments, he would appear to be his superior- then Sidious would logically be Luke's equal or at the very least near-equal. Which is weird, cause Luke is supposed to be DA GODLIEST. xD

Elite Hunter
^ I don't think LOTF is Luke at his peak,(though not by a big amount) I'd say honor belongs to NJO Luke.

Lord Knightfa11
Luke doesn't have a peak. He will just keep going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going.

truejedi
^ I don't think LOTF is Luke at his peak,(though not by a big amount) I'd say honor belongs to NJO Luke.

r u serious? Lotf luke is the one that holds caedus motionless without lifting a finger, when caedous knew he was coming and was getting ready for a possible fight to the death.

LOTF luke is the one that fools Jacen into believing that there is an entire battle fleet around, and making a fool out of him in the process, despite Jacen's own force "mastery"

LOTF luke is the one that defeats Jacen in hand to hand combat in a duel in which everything Jacen pulls is countered by luke (garrotte included, i just re-read that fight in the novel) Caedus pulls the same move with Luke that he pulled with Katarn, and Luke was free 2 seconds later. Luke had another opportunity to kill Jacen, but stopped to talk to ben (another stupid move by luke i admit, mebbe luke wasn't his smartest by LOTF)

LOTF luke is the one that is changing Jacen's visions without Jacen ever knowing he was doing it, these the visions of a Sith Lord, akin to Yoda doing that to Sidious, when Yoda couldn't even figure out where the sith was, much less forsee anythign himself. If that doesn't put Luke's ability CONSIDERABLY above Jacen's at that point, then how about:

LOTF Luke was the one who managed to possibly be in two places at once (or at least have the ability to project a solid illusion, which probably means he learned the technique of alema rar and Lumiya) so that Jacen never even figured out if he was fighting one opponent or two.

LOTF Luke knows shatterpoint, and we don't have any proof that he knew it in NJO.

I think the main problem isn't Luke isn't as strong there, or that Sidious being stronger than caedus makes sidious as strong as luke, the problem is, Caedus is not nearly as CLOSE to luke as everyone likes to imply by one fight that went on for more than a page. Caedus himself admits he lost that fight. Luke is constantly someone Jacen fears. Caedus did nothing but almost lose duels to people on a completely different tier than Luke (Jaina, (did lose, and lost an arm in an earlier duel... i know, i know, surprised at the beginning, but he's a freaking Sith Lord on his own turf, i don't give him much credit for getting surprised like that, he even knew Jaina was looking for him and on board the ship the second time.) Aurra Sing, One random mandalorian who supposedly could have easily killed him, Mara, ) He never absolutely curbstomped anyone to show his power. (mebbe the jedi he fought in Betrayal...) He himself was defeated at every turn and tricked by his underlings MORE THAN ONCE. What does he do that puts him anywhere near Luke's level?
My take on that Sidi-boys post is that Luke and Caedus are on completely different tiers. Luke could have finished Jacen anytime he wanted.

darth fury
Sith
1. Palpatine
2. Nihilus
3. Revan

Jedi
1. Luke
2. Yoda
3. Mace Windu

Jexaz
Jedi
1.Revan after starforge
2.luke skywalker
3.yoda

Sith
1.exile after malachor 5
2.Darth nihlius
3.Darth scion

i picked exile for sith because of force crush that he learns when he goes to the dark side he learns the most powerful move on malachor 5

and i picked revan because he had faced the best sith and the star forge droids which could easily kill any normal jedi or sith.

and i dont know why people say that luke is the best Jedi and sidious is the best. sidious got killed by his advasary

Darth Maliko
r u serious? Lotf luke is the one that holds caedus motionless without lifting a finger, when caedous knew he was coming and was getting ready for a possible fight to the death.

LOTF luke is the one that fools Jacen into believing that there is an entire battle fleet around, and making a fool out of him in the process, despite Jacen's own force "mastery"

LOTF luke is the one that defeats Jacen in hand to hand combat in a duel in which everything Jacen pulls is countered by luke (garrotte included, i just re-read that fight in the novel) Caedus pulls the same move with Luke that he pulled with Katarn, and Luke was free 2 seconds later. Luke had another opportunity to kill Jacen, but stopped to talk to ben (another stupid move by luke i admit, mebbe luke wasn't his smartest by LOTF)

LOTF luke is the one that is changing Jacen's visions without Jacen ever knowing he was doing it, these the visions of a Sith Lord, akin to Yoda doing that to Sidious, when Yoda couldn't even figure out where the sith was, much less forsee anythign himself. If that doesn't put Luke's ability CONSIDERABLY above Jacen's at that point, then how about:

LOTF Luke was the one who managed to possibly be in two places at once (or at least have the ability to project a solid illusion, which probably means he learned the technique of alema rar and Lumiya) so that Jacen never even figured out if he was fighting one opponent or two.

LOTF Luke knows shatterpoint, and we don't have any proof that he knew it in NJO.

I think the main problem isn't Luke isn't as strong there, or that Sidious being stronger than caedus makes sidious as strong as luke, the problem is, Caedus is not nearly as CLOSE to luke as everyone likes to imply by one fight that went on for more than a page. Caedus himself admits he lost that fight. Luke is constantly someone Jacen fears. Caedus did nothing but almost lose duels to people on a completely different tier than Luke (Jaina, (did lose, and lost an arm in an earlier duel... i know, i know, surprised at the beginning, but he's a freaking Sith Lord on his own turf, i don't give him much credit for getting surprised like that, he even knew Jaina was looking for him and on board the ship the second time.) Aurra Sing, One random mandalorian who supposedly could have easily killed him, Mara, ) He never absolutely curbstomped anyone to show his power. (mebbe the jedi he fought in Betrayal...) He himself was defeated at every turn and tricked by his underlings MORE THAN ONCE. What does he do that puts him anywhere near Luke's level?
My take on that Sidi-boys post is that Luke and Caedus are on completely different tiers. Luke could have finished Jacen anytime he wanted.

THANK YOU!
At least SOMEBODY gets it.

Lt. Valerian
Originally posted by Jexaz
Jedi
1.Revan after starforge
2.luke skywalker
3.yoda

Sith
1.exile after malachor 5
2.Darth nihlius
3.Darth scion

i picked exile for sith because of force crush that he learns when he goes to the dark side he learns the most powerful move on malachor 5

and i picked revan because he had faced the best sith and the star forge droids which could easily kill any normal jedi or sith.

and i dont know why people say that luke is the best Jedi and sidious is the best. sidious got killed by his advasary

People just don't get it, apparently.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.