Indiana Jones V star wars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
which is better ? I have to say Indiy becouse all three films are good and they are made by Spelberg

Schecter
derka derka

Antaeus
Indy is good (all 3), but no match for the Star Wars saga which is the greatest of all movies.

ALL the Star Wars episodes are GREAT.

George Lucas was the writer of Indiana Jones.
A movie is not necessary better because it was made by a famous director.

exanda kane
No competition. Indiana Jones all the way; better writing, better acting, better direction.

Tangible God
Originally posted by exanda kane
No competition. Indiana Jones all the way; better writing, better acting, better direction. Totally.

But if I had to pick which movies I'd be forced to watched again and again, I'd pick Star Wars.

Lord Knightfa11
star wars 3,5 and 6>Indiana jones 3<indiana jones 1 and 2>star wars 1,2, and 4. got that?

exanda kane
No, because its wrong.

chik4lit
Overall, Star Wars is better, though if you paired certain movies individually, sometimes Indy would come out on top. Like, Indy 3 might beat SW 6.

Lord Knightfa11
what? indy 3 is a crappy example for a movie!

sweersa
No competition. Indiana Jones all the way; better writing, better acting, better direction.

Doesn't sound like you have seen Indy 4. Hahaha.

exanda kane
Originally posted by sweersa
Doesn't sound like you have seen Indy 4. Hahaha.

Doesn't sound like you have see any of the Star Wars kid.

queeq
Raiders=Empire.

chik4lit
Indy 3 was the best of them all.

sweersa
Doesn't sound like you have see any of the Star Wars kid.

I am a huge Star Wars fan so I love all 6 movies, it is useless trying to convince me otherwise. I am bias!

Have you seen Indy 4?

Lord Knightfa11
it sounds sad, strange, and little.

queeq
What does?

Lord Knightfa11
indy 4

queeq
Oh.... weird.

sweersa
Originally posted by queeq
Oh.... weird.

When are you going to see it Queeq?

queeq
Tonight. Can't wait.

sweersa
Tonight. Can't wait.

Awesome! Let us all know what you think please :-)

exanda kane
I'm also seeing it tonight.

I've quite low expectations for it, albeit from people's opinions I hardly respect (not to be pretentious, but I just can't hold alot of stock in their tastes - Spiderman & 300 for gods sake?), so hopefully I'll enjoy it in the same way I can enjoy Temple of Doom or Return of the Jedi; medicore films with alot of fun.

sweersa
I'm also seeing it tonight.

I've quite low expectations for it, albeit from people's opinions I hardly respect (not to be pretentious, but I just can't hold alot of stock in their tastes - Spiderman & 300 for gods sake?), so hopefully I'll enjoy it in the same way I can enjoy Temple of Doom or Return of the Jedi; medicore films with alot of fun.

I went in with really high expectations, maybe thats why I was let down in the end.

I thought Return of the Jedi was one of the best of the originals. I like the Temple of Doom more than Indy 4.

queeq
I saw it and I have some mixed feelings to be frank.

A few points:
1. Ford is excellent, a true Indy
2. Shia is very good
3. Karen Allen - great but her part is minute
4. Spalko - nice, well played but a tad shallow in character
5. Other characters - meaningless
6. PLot - questionable - a bit too concrete to my taste at the end
7. CGI - too much, too Disney-esque (the ants were not really scary as were the snakes, bugs and rats, the gophers were redundant, the monkey scene downright horrible and ridiculous)
8. Fun ride, but I missed the Indy grit (as in truck chase, airplane fight, mine car chase, rock crusher fight, tank chase) and the romance...

All in all, fun but for me it would rank at about the same level as ToD at this point. ToD feels more complete in Indy-ness.

And I think Spielberg didn't keep his word about the small amount of CGI.

Lord Knightfa11
yes. I want a good modern adventure movie with no cgi. Its so much cooler and more convincing when the actors are interacting with an actual environment.

queeq
Plus the environment looks scarier when it's real. The ants weren't scar at all, right out of a Disney movie.

exanda kane
I also have mixed opinions of Crystal Skull, albeit I thoroughly enjoyed it, but it is much better than any of the Prequels and levels with Return of the Jedi for me.

chik4lit
I liked it. It wasn't the best of the series, but it certainly wasn't the worst. It had some awesome moments, like the part with the snake and...the fate of Cate Blanchett, which I won't write since I don't know how to do spoiler tags. There were some WTF moments, like the monkeys. All in all it was good. My brother and I were the only ones who laughed when Indy said "I have a bad feeling about this."

Anyway, I think the reason a lot of people were disappointed because they didn't know what to expect. Everything I read said that it was going to be just what it was: a fifties-type B movie. It was never meant to be the same as the others. I do agree, however, that they used CGI a little to liberally.

Why on earth wouldn't they use THX for the movie?

sweersa
Originally posted by chik4lit
I liked it. It wasn't the best of the series, but it certainly wasn't the worst. It had some awesome moments, like the part with the snake and...the fate of Cate Blanchett, which I won't write since I don't know how to do spoiler tags. There were some WTF moments, like the monkeys. All in all it was good. My brother and I were the only ones who laughed when Indy said "I have a bad feeling about this."

Anyway, I think the reason a lot of people were disappointed because they didn't know what to expect. Everything I read said that it was going to be just what it was: a fifties-type B movie. It was never meant to be the same as the others. I do agree, however, that they used CGI a little to liberally.

Because THX rules. lol

I also laughed at the "Bad felling about this" I was suprised my friend didn't.

chik4lit
I know THX rules. That's why I can't figure out why they wouldn't use it on a freakin' Lucasfilm movie!

sweersa
I know THX rules. That's why I can't figure out why they wouldn't use it on a freakin' Lucasfilm movie!

Oh sorry, I thought you said they didn't use it. Now I can't believe they wouldn't, that is very odd!

queeq

One major highlight in KOTCS: Indy's response when he sees Marion for the first time. Superb acting by Ford!!!

sweersa
One major highlight in KOTCS: Indy's response when he sees Marion for the first time. Superb acting by Ford!!!

I thought it was a tad silly, it was okay, but Marion's acting seemed fake to me, especially with Shia during that part of the movie.

queeq
Silly? Come on... that little boy in old Indy woke up... Good stuff.

Mr Parker
yeah I gotta agree because with Indy,ALL 3 films are good where with star wars,Jedi sucks and is a letdown in wrapping up the trilogy.

queeq
You saw Indy 4?

Mr Parker
No not yet.I just thought this thread was which was a better trilogy between the original star wars trilogy and the first three Indiana films.

queeq
I think it was. The latest addition kinda enriches the debate methinks.

Kapton JAC
Originally posted by Mr Parker
yeah I gotta agree because with Indy,ALL 3 films are good where with star wars,Jedi sucks and is a letdown in wrapping up the trilogy.

I have to disagree with you there. I thought that ALL the Star Wars OT movies were good, but Temple of Doom was a let down as a sequel.

sweersa
Originally posted by Kapton JAC
I have to disagree with you there. I thought that ALL the Star Wars OT movies were good, but Temple of Doom was a let down as a sequel.

Actually it was a prequel.

Lord Knightfa11
I thought that -tolerating the ewoks, mind you- ROTJ was the best! i mean its got so many plusses, that just make it a great film.
1. Leia's metal bikini
2. Leia's metal bikini
3. Luke unleashes on vader (kickarse music, perfect emotions, anger, hate all that stuff)
4. Sideous lays into luke and we get to see the perfect hero go down like a brick.
5. Sad emotional father-son scene where The Byronic hero dies.

What does ESB offer?
Cool duel, good storyline twist, but that is the only show of emotion in the whole thing. Pluss its got all that boring lando stuff.

queeq
ESB rules because it has the best storyline, the best acting, the best direction... the best everything.

vintageSW77
..and the best soundtrack in my opinion

i met Nancy Allen(who worked with Kershener on Robocop 2) a month ago at a convention and she told me the the great job Kersh did on ESB was a fluke and hes a crappy director

controversial!

sweersa
ESB rules because it has the best storyline, the best acting, the best direction... the best everything.

I loved the dual between Luke and his daddy. It was as intense in parts as the saber battles in the prequels.

I agree with Vintage on the soundtrack, I don't know the name of the song but there is a cool track that plays sometimes when Leia, Lando, and Chewy are running around in cloud city. The same track was used in an old Playstation arcade style lightsaber fighting game.

Amazing!

queeq
Originally posted by vintageSW77
..and the best soundtrack in my opinion

i met Nancy Allen(who worked with Kershener on Robocop 2) a month ago at a convention and she told me the the great job Kersh did on ESB was a fluke and hes a crappy director

controversial!

Hehehe very...

I must admit. I didn't Like Robocop 2 at all. And I only know three good Kersher movies: ESB, Eyes of Laura Mars and Who's Killing the Great Chefs of Europe. And ESB is the best of those...

Mr Parker

yeah it sure does.the thing I noticed about jedi was you could tell by the time that when jedi came around,the actors were tired of doing it.The acting by the main trio-Luke,Leia,and Han just wasnt on par with the previous two.The way they delivered their lines at times,you could tell they were bored of the whole thing and wanted to get it over with.the thing that makes jedi suffer is the de je vu factor.He had already fought Darth Vader and his second fight with him wasnt near as exciting as the first,then you have the whole death star fight again-wait a minute didnt this happen in the first film? nothing original about this boring snoozefest.it was just all one senseles action scene after another,then you have that moronic Luke and Leia brother and sister thing,a lame way way to tie it up just so Han could get the girl..major letdown to a great movie series. sick Im glad they made sith.they finally made a star wars movie I could enjoy for the first time since empire.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Kapton JAC

well Temple of Doom is my least favorite of the original trilogy but it had a much better storyline than Jedi did,after all,Jones did end up being Shortrounds Uncle or anything. laughing

queeq
Frankly, I prefer it to KOTC.

Lord Knightfa11
Last crusade uber alles.

queeq
No way.. Raiders rules.

Lord Knightfa11
yes, but so does last crusade.

Jedi would have been way cooler if they waited untill luke had vader down or something, and then told him he was his father. THat would have been awesome.

queeq
nah... ESB way was cooler.

sweersa
nah... ESB way was cooler.

I can't decide which original film I like most.

queeq
Like 'em all then.

ESB -1138
ESB rules

Thanks big grin

But my thoughts on the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is it was a pretty good movie right up to the point where the alien started to appear and then it was just WTF. Besides the ending the movie I found was an overall enjoyment with some minor flaws here and there like most movies really. Ford was as amazing throughout the movie but a lot of CGI parts needed to have been removed. The movie itself seemed to lack a beginning and it felt pretty much like watching the Two Towers without seeing the Fellowship of the Ring.

Because for the most part you pretty much have no idea what is going on but the movie eventually answers all the questions. But it was cool to see the Ark of the Covenant in the warehouse; I'm glad it is still be looked at by top men. Who? TOP men. But for the most part I do agree with Spielberg who was against using the Crystal Skull as a plot device for the movie. I just wish for once that aliens had nothing to do with people's technological advancments.

And when Indy said "I had a bad feeling about this" and couldn't help but say, "he's Han Solo now."

Lord Knightfa11
yea when it turned out to be about aliens and it had han solo, it turned out to be half badly written star wars, and half badly written indiana jones.

sweersa
Like 'em all then.

I do. All six. :-P

queeq
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
yea when it turned out to be about aliens and it had han solo, it turned out to be half badly written star wars, and half badly written indiana jones.

Hehehe

Mr Parker
I remember when Raiders Of The Lost Ark first came out,when I saw Ford and what he looked like in that movie,for a long time I was dissapointed in it because I was thinking-Man he looks so stupid looking in this movie.why the hell did he make himself look like this? I was too young to realise then that it was part of his character, so later on after I got older and realised that,I started to like the movie a lot better.I was fearful of Jedi coming out back then cause I was thinking he would look the same way in that film,that he all of a sudden got lazy or something.so it was a relief to me that he didnt look like I thought he would and was back to looking like Han solo again.

anyways I will be seeing KOTC this weekend and have my review of it in the movie section sometime soon if not this weekend.

queeq
We'll be looking forward to it.

Lord Knightfa11
I remember when Raiders Of The Lost Ark first came out,when I saw Ford and what he looked like in that movie,for a long time I was dissapointed in it because I was thinking-Man he looks so stupid looking in this movie.why the hell did he make himself look like this? I was too young to realise then that it was part of his character, so later on after I got older and realised that,I started to like the movie a lot better.I was fearful of Jedi coming out back then cause I was thinking he would look the same way in that film,that he all of a sudden got lazy or something.so it was a relief to me that he didnt look like I thought he would and was back to looking like Han solo again.

confused

sweersa

anyways I will be seeing KOTC this weekend and have my review of it in the movie section sometime soon if not this weekend.

I thought you were like 14 years old...didn't you say that on one of the conspiracy forums?

queeq
14??? That explains a lot.

sweersa
14??? That explains a lot.

Thats what I thought after he told me on the conspiracy forum. Holy !@#$ some of the stuff he says there...

queeq
Another reason not to go there.

Lord Knightfa11
?

sweersa
Another reason not to go there.

Hahaha It is good for laughs let me tell you sometimes...

?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=70

If you don't move, they wont see you!

Lord Knightfa11
wow. The land of the paranoid.

sweersa
wow. The land of the paranoid.

lol That and many, many CRAZY theories!

Lord Knightfa11
the moon landing was fake. and staged. but star trek was real.

queeq
Yup

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.