Champion of the Universe vs Thor h2h only

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Marvelknight
Who wins?

tkitna
Champion

Mr. Slippyfist
Thor by gogoplata in the first.

Phantom Zone
Well it should be Champion.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Thor by gogoplata in the first. champion by wtf-540 degree-planet smashing kick to thor's brain stem in the first 5 seconds of the fight....at least the champion we all believe he should be.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by psycho gundam
champion by wtf 540 degree planet smashing kick to thor's brain stem in the first 5 seconds of the fight....at least the champion we all believe he should be. But never was.

psycho gundam
his first appearance alluded to his fighting prowess, then marvel like made him forget how to fight or something soon after.

for christ sakes e is bruce lee on steriods, with superman's physique.
he beats alien races for shit and giggles, why do they make him lose?

Mr. Slippyfist
his first appearance alluded to his fighting prowess, then marvel like made him forget how to fight or something soon after.

he beats alien races for shit and giggles, why do they make him lose? When he was essentially shown up by a far weaker being, but won based on his strength eclipsing Thing's?

So... he was right under the real Bruce?

Phantom Zone

he beats alien races for shit and giggles, why do they make him lose?

I think its just that some villains are created to make some heroes look good (eg Apoc jobbing). When Champion lost to SS it was all downhill from there. All the Elders were jobbing in that series but Champ got it the worst.

I think its just because hes big and strong people just associate that with stupidity and it became a trend.

psycho gundam
^ must be cause the downfall of a fighter starts when they get to about middle age, they pass much of their physical prime. but when you are completely immortal, even beyond the conventional sense there is no decline in skills...only increase.

by the time he faced the earthlings he had the acclaim of K.O.ing all 50,000 of his opponents in the most popular form of combat from their world. he preps for the fights by training in their arts for years hence to appropriate their skills and knowledge. he then warns to break their planet if they don't man up.

nobody in comics has more fighting experience than the champion at any weight or strength bracket but he loses anyway, makes no sense.

Phantom Zone
^ must be cause the downfall of a fighter starts when they get to about middle age, they pass much of their physical prime. but when you are completely immortal, even beyond the conventional sense there is no decline in skills...only increase.

by the time he faced the earthlings he had the acclaim of K.O.ing all 50,000 of his opponents in the most popular form of combat from their world. he preps for the fights by training in their arts for years hence to appropriate their skills and knowledge. he then warns to break their planet if they don't man up.

nobody in comics has more fighting experience than the champion at any weight or strength bracket but he loses anyway, makes no sense.

I know I feel your pain.......it just sux. Again the problem is that hes a villain and therefore he has to lose, but they could at least make him lose with dignity eg a hero having to cheat to beat him or use a powerful artifact.

Even Dr Doom loses but the way he loses does'nt make you want to cringe.

Bentley
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Even Dr Doom loses by getting his mask ripped out by Sentry after speaking hip and calling Miss Marvel cow.

Mmmmh...

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Bentley
Mmmmh...

Well everybody has their bad days. Put it this way.....when you think of Doom you don't think "chump" because he has his highlights but due to the way Champion keeps losing it makes you want to cringe.

tkitna
Well everybody has their bad days. Put it this way.....when you think of Doom you don't think "chump" because he has his highlights but due to the way Champion keeps losing it makes you want to cringe.

Losing with dignity went out the window when Slott had him lose to freakin She-Hulk. That comic was worse than a What-If.

Anyways, I agree with you.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by tkitna
Losing with dignity went out the window when Slott had him lose to freakin She-Hulk. That comic was worse than a What-If.

Anyways, I agree with you.

w00t

You know i heard he even got beaten by Titania afterwards because she dropped some truck on him....... *sigh*.....no justice.

SuperiorTech
w00t

You know i heard he even got beaten by Titania afterwards because she dropped some truck on him....... *sigh*.....no justice.

She had the power gem which he had been training her for weeks with and it was not a truck she dropped on him.

http://img156.imagevenue.com/loc804/th_21022_page01_122_804lo.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.