Are we all interconnected?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr. Love
When we hurt others, do we hurt ourselves?

Peace to you all.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Mr. Love

Peace to you all.

How can you truly be happy if there is anyone who is not happy?

Mr. Love
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
How can you truly be happy if there is anyone who is not happy?

Many rich people seem very happy, but, are they?

kevdude
You can be rich and very unhappy, elvis, brittany? Live through the rough times and then you'll be thankful for the good times and enjoy them even more. wink

Mr. Love
Originally posted by kevdude
You can be rich and very unhappy, elvis, brittany? Live through the rough times and then you'll be thankful for the good times and enjoy them even more. wink

You can also be poor and unhappy. Which would you rather be?

Shakyamunison
Many rich people seem very happy, but, are they?

Then why do they sometimes end up destroying their lives.

Mr. Love
Then why do they sometimes end up destroying their lives.

Why does the sun rise in the morning? Are the stars just pin holes in the curtain of night? Who can say?

Are the rich any more likely to destroy their lives than the poor?

kevdude
Well yah. But if you notice if you see shows videos from third world country's, the people there don't look depressed as most people in the first world countries, they know whats really important in life.

Shakyamunison
Why does the sun rise in the morning? Are the stars just pin holes in the curtain of night? Who can say?

Are the rich any more likely to destroy their lives than the poor?

It all depends on the person. If they look for happiness outside of themselves, then regardless of the amount of things they have, they will fail.

Mr. Love
Well yah. But if you notice if you see shows videos from third world country's, the people there don't look depressed as most people in the first world countries, they know whats really important in life.

It depends on the video. The ones from droughts and famine which upset people so much they part with money. They show many people looking beyond upset. They show despair.

kevdude
It depends on the video. The ones from droughts and famine which upset people so much they part with money. They show many people looking beyond upset. They show despair.

Anyone would be in despair in those circumstances, not really talking about stuff like that along with people that live under dictatorships and cruel rule. Just average person from the 3rd world compared to an average person in say LA or Paris.

Mr. Love
Anyone would be in despair in those circumstances, not really talking about stuff like that along with people that live under dictatorships and cruel rule. Just average person from the 3rd world compared to an average person in say LA or Paris.

Those things are caused by poverty, the two cannot be unravelled. Think though, the man lives his life more fully when he knows he only has a short time to live. Does that make him more happy or just more likely to be trying to live his life?

Shakyamunison
Those things are caused by poverty, the two cannot be unravelled. Think though, the man lives his life more fully when he knows he only has a short time to live. Does that make him more happy or just more likely to be trying to live his life?

Happiness is not connected to things like money. Happiness is something that we choose, when the conditions are right, to allow ourselves to feel. We could at any moment choose to be happy for no reason.

Mr. Love
Happiness is not connected to things like money. Happiness is something that we choose, when the conditions are right, to allow ourselves to feel. We could at any moment choose to be happy for no reason.

The conditions are more likely to be right if you are financially secure and not burdened by everyday worries.

Shakyamunison
The conditions are more likely to be right if you are financially secure and not burdened by everyday worries.

Maybe, but you can't buy happiness.

Mr. Love
Maybe, but you can't buy happiness.

That depends on the circumstances.

Shakyamunison
That depends on the circumstances.

I disagree. If you are looking for happiness outside of your self, then you will not fine it. Happiness is from inside of you.

Mr. Love
I disagree. If you are looking for happiness outside of your self, then you will not fine it. Happiness is from inside of you.

I disagree. Happiness is the smile from one you love etc.

Shakyamunison
I disagree. Happiness is the smile from one you love etc.

That is the condition that allows you to choose to be happy.

Mr. Love
That is the condition that allows you to choose to be happy.

Which is outside myself. Being able to pay the bills and know they won't starve also makes me happy.

Shakyamunison
Which is outside myself. Being able to pay the bills and know they won't starve also makes me happy.

Nothing makes you happy; you choose to be happy because a set of conditions have been met. You can choose to be happy, even if these conditions have not been met. It is simply not what we have been told all of our lives. Ultimately you are responsible for the amount of happiness in your life. You can raise or lower the bar for what ever reason you wish.

Mr. Love
Nothing makes you happy

Not true. Lots of external things are enjoyable and require no conscious choice to enjoy them. For example being given a blow job.

Shakyamunison
Not true. Lots of external things are enjoyable and require no conscious choice to enjoy them. For example being given a blow job.

But if the wrong person were to give you a blow job, then it would not make you happy. It's not the blow job that is making you happy; it's not even the right person that makes you happy.

Why would a person, who had nothing, be happy if happiness is linked to things?

Mr. Love
But if the wrong person were to give you a blow job, then it would not make you happy.

I would shut my eyes and remain happy. I guess in that I would be making a choice.

Shakyamunison
I would shut my eyes and remain happy. I guess in that I would be making a choice.

You have just proved my point. big grin

Mr. Love
You have just proved my point. big grin

Only in regard to choosing to enjoy a blow job from a minger.

Shakyamunison
Only in regard to choosing to enjoy a blow job from a minger.

Think about it. My philosophy applies to all aspects of life.

BTW it's not my philosophy; it's Buddhism...

leonheartmm
if we are even remotely aware that others have souls like us and are being HURT by our actions then yes, we hurst ourselves, our humanity and our own soul by doing so.

Mindship
Yes: genetically, memetically and (possibly) metaphysically.

Oh, and via Initial Singularity Entanglement.

Deja~vu

Peace to you all. Yep

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Deja~vu
Yep You just agreed with Whirly. laughing

Deja~vu
eek!

But that one statement was true...

Shakyamunison
eek!

But that statement was true...

If I was you, I would wash my fingers.

Deja~vu
HAHAHAHAHA

But he was Mr. Love....I was soooooooo decieved.

sadangel

Shakyamunison
HAHAHAHAHA

But he was Mr. Love....I was soooooooo decieved.

sadangel

Do you feel alone?

Deja~vu
cry

Do you feel my pain?

Shakyamunison
cry

Do you feel my pain?

Not if I don't work at not feeling it.

Deja~vu
But we're all connected. Just jump inside your bubble and turn it into pity.......It works for me.. smart

Shakyamunison
But we're all connected. Just jump inside your bubble and turn it into pity.......It works for me.. smart

confused What bubble?

Deja~vu
You know your bubble. Everyone has a bubble. lol

Shakyamunison
You know your bubble. Everyone has a bubble. lol

You popped my bubble. sad

svetlu
When you give someone else what he or she needs, in doing it, you instill part of yourself in the other person. As the other person receives, it begins to build in him or her the understanding that giving to others is good, valuable, and - most importantly - pleasurable. In time, the giver begins to feel that it is not the giving to others that is pleasurable but the giving in itself, the state of being a giver(as the Creator), contains something pleasurable. If you think about it for a moment, you'll see that nothing, even in our physical world, is created without giving. How can creatures be born without their parents' giving? Newborns are born because their parents love them and want to give to them, even before they come into existence. So we are all interconnected by giving.
The only one thing we have to understand: the giving is pleasurable.

leonheartmm
maybe we are.

Deja~vu
This reminds me of something I've just read.

"Everything is cyclical. It's like a two-headed snake. One head consumes while the other regurgitates that which has been digested and consumed."

The theory behind this, yet just a theory, is that behind Black Holes are White Holes. Universes are digested and new universes are created. It is the same with our cells, births, deaths, and seasons. All is interconnected. Everything affects everything else. So, it is best to create the positive, I.E, love, and share it for the best results. It is very much true on all levels such as the micro and macro. It's everywhere.

Yes, it truly is, and not for the rewards you may want to achieve, because that is not true giving. It is selfish and will not yield the positive results as expected.

leonheartmm
^uroboros

Deja~vu
Maybe so. We can never be sure since these are only theories, but it seems to make sense to me.

leonheartmm
^some theories may be true. we cant say, but possibly, atleast one HAS to be true right?

DigiMark007
Saying something is "just a theory" betrays a slight ignorance of the term's true usage. That the earth is round is a "theory," for example.

Be sure you qualify yourself when you use the term. Because to describe something as just a theory undermines our ability to determine truthful theories using empirical research. Usually when someone says "just a theory" to describe something that could be true but we can't know currently, "hypothesis" would work better.

Deja~vu
Tell that to Einstein. Other scientists tried to discredit him and he was beyond his time. Now I understand that some of his theories had holes in them, but as a whole, they were true and proven, though he was thought of as somewhat a quack in the scientific community............They didn't understand it at the time though, yet do so today. That doesn't mean everything he said was complete just as with every scientific mind. Sometimes it is assessed later, understood and given their due.

Daylan.O
I believe that that who we are is not defined by the things that happen to... But how we deal with them, it develops character so that we can shape our selves to be our own character .... But what do o know, I'm a ignorant, naive teenager

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Daylan.O
I'm a ignorant, naive teenager Studies have shown that self-deprecating remarks like this are the fastest ways to pity.

The Dark Cloud
No, we are not

inimalist
Originally posted by Daylan.O
I believe that that who we are is not defined by the things that happen to... But how we deal with them, it develops character so that we can shape our selves to be our own character .... But what do o know, I'm a ignorant, naive teenager

the way we deal with things is defined by what things happen to us.

YankeeWhaler
Nothing makes you happy; you choose to be happy because a set of conditions have been met. You can choose to be happy, even if these conditions have not been met. It is simply not what we have been told all of our lives. Ultimately you are responsible for the amount of happiness in your life. You can raise or lower the bar for what ever reason you wish.

Happiness has nothing to do with what happens to you or what is met.

I have known people with very little and they are content, seen people with a lot and they are not happy at all.

I agree, my greatest losses, I was happy to have the opportunity, realize that its just an experience and more often in life you are not going to get what you want. Of course, being reckless and impulsive will cause problems of consternation. It's that fine line of assertivenesss and agressiveness that causes people to help you or dessert you.

Agree that we have been conditioned to see things by a set of conditons.

In the last 3 years I have lost just about everything important to me.

And it is scary, but at the same time, there is a reason why people of the past, are not part of the present. Usually many.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.