Captain America/Spider-Man vs. Wolverine/Venom (Eddie Brock)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Marvelknight
Which team takes it?

Bouboumaster
Team 2, Wolverine win

Marvelknight
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Team 2, Wolverine win

They are working as a team and Wolverine isn't taking out Cap and Spidey by himself erm

Soljer
Erm....

Venom could solo this.

Erik-Lensherr
If there are circumstances in which Venom's weakness could be used and Spiderman would, then Team 1 wins.

Otherwise, team 2.

Battlehammer
...........venom no longer has such weaknesses and has not for a while.

Erik-Lensherr
Eh ?

I don't remember Eddie getting rid of the weakness, but then again I haven't read anything involving him and the symbiote in years.

Battlehammer
yes eddie brock venom no longer had weakness to sound or firer...........and did not for a long time.

Erik-Lensherr
Originally posted by Battlehammer
yes eddie brock venom no longer had weakness to sound or firer...........and did not for a long time.

Cool.

When did this happen ?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
Cool.

When did this happen ?

I forgett, but I know it been like that for quite a while.

Erik-Lensherr
Now that I think about it better, I don't remember ever reading a story where Venom (Eddie) disposed of the weakness, although I haven't read all of the stories with him. So if you, or anybody can tell me the issue where it changed, it'll be nice.

Battlehammer
Now that I think about it better, I don't remember ever reading a story where Venom (Eddie) disposed of the weakness, although I haven't read all of the stories with him. So if you, or anybody can tell me the issue where it changed, it'll be nice.

I wish I could. All my spiderman comics are packed away in storage, becuases were selling my houses.

Marvelknight
I wish I could. All my spiderman comics are packed away in storage, becuases were selling my houses.

So Battlehammer, which team are you going for?

Erik-Lensherr

A summary of the storyline in which this took place ? Main plot points so that I can trace it and read it for myself ?

I'm beginning to think you're lying to me or at the very least, misremembering things.

This is from the 2004 Spider-Man hanbook ..

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/th_VenomWeakness.jpg

So it's pretty much a confirmed fact that you were lying when you said this :

Now I'm waiting for proof that he got rid of it at all.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Marvelknight
So Battlehammer, which team are you going for?
team two venom a beast

Battlehammer
A summary of the storyline in which this took place ? Main plot points so that I can trace it and read it for myself ?

I'm beginning to think you're lying to me or at the very least, misremembering things.

This is from the 2004 Spider-Man hanbook ..

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/th_VenomWeakness.jpg

So it's pretty much a confirmed fact that you were lying when you said this :

Now I'm waiting for proof that he got rid of it at all.

I really don't like being called a lair.

how does a hand book confirm that I am lying? hand books suck and also **** off.

venom took an oil tank explosion and was completely fine.

when venom merge with him self he was upgraded and his old weaknesses seem to no longer be a problem, like firer for one seem to be little bother to him.

Soljer
Capt, my apologies, but I'm fairly confident that you're wrong.

Venom has shown increasing resistance to his weaknesses, but not an utter immunity to them. Especially sonics, which I think affect him more so than Carnage (who is more vulnerable to heat, but has a greater resistance to sonics, if I recall correctly. Though, I may have mixed the two symbionts up).

Also; no reason to get so upset. Erik said that you very well could have misremembered rather than outright lied. All he was wanting was a little proof of your claim, which is nothing to get mad about. Definitely no reason to tell him to '**** off.'

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Soljer
Capt, my apologies, but I'm fairly confident that you're wrong.

Venom has shown increasing resistance to his weaknesses, but not an utter immunity to them. Especially sonics, which I think affect him more so than Carnage (who is more vulnerable to heat, but has a greater resistance to sonics, if I recall correctly. Though, I may have mixed the two symbionts up).

well yea maybe I stated it a little wrong. He can still be hurt by them but he far more resistent and far harder to hurt using such attacks.

most people can be hurt by firer ect. he no longer holds a big weakness to such attacks. He actually pritty durable against them after the merger. not to say they can't hurt him, it just not so easy to hurt him using such attacks.

i should have been more clear my bad.

Battlehammer

Also; no reason to get so upset. Erik said that you very well could have misremembered rather than outright lied. All he was wanting was a little proof of your claim, which is nothing to get mad about. Definitely no reason to tell him to '**** off.'

he said I was lying........look at the edit.

he goes" this pritty much confirms that your lying". I really don't like being called a lyer and I and not sorry for telling him to **** off, becauses I believe he should. I would not have cared if all he said was that I misremeber it, but to edit and say I am straight up lying pisses me off.

Erik-Lensherr
The edit was made at about a minute or two after typing that post, more than 30 minutes before Soljer's post so he has most likely seen it.

You're upset I told you that you lied when you said this ? So the truth upsets you ? Because you actually did lie.

And I haven't called you a liar at first because it was possible I didn't read the comic in which his weakness had been eliminated, but as I did some research it had become pretty obvious that you pulled the fact that he doesn't have the weakness for a long time out of your ass.

Soljer
well yea maybe I stated it a little wrong. He can still be hurt by them but he far more resistent and far harder to hurt using such attacks.

most people can be hurt by firer ect. he no longer holds a big weakness to such attacks. He actually pritty durable against them after the merger. not to say they can't hurt him, it just not so easy to hurt him using such attacks.

i should have been more clear my bad.

And what of sonics? As I mentioned, I believe Brock is much more vulnerable to sonics than fire.

he said I was lying........look at the edit.

he goes" this pritty much confirms that your lying". I really don't like being called a lyer and I and not sorry for telling him to **** off, becauses I believe he should. I would not have cared if all he said was that I misremeber it, but to edit and say I am straight up lying pisses me off.

Ah, I see...Well, I'd say you were fairly justified. No one likes being called a liar.

Justified or not, still no reason to sink to the level of petty insults, though.

Battlehammer
The edit was made at about a minute or two after typing that post, more than 30 minutes before Soljer's post so he has most likely seen it.

You're upset I told you that you lied when you said this ? So the truth upsets you ? Because you actually did lie.

how did I lie?

he no longer holds such weaknesses as he did. I should have worded it better. I forgott he still had some weakness to it and is not immune, but is far from easy to hurt in such fashions.
and I never ment he was compeltely immune jsut that it not an easy way to damage him. He took an oil tanker explotion and was pritty much unphased would you like the scans?

Erik-Lensherr
how did I lie?

he no longer holds such weaknesses as he did. I should have worded it better. I forgott he still had some weakness to it and is not immune, but is far from easy to hurt in such fashions.
and I never ment he was compeltely immune jsut that it not an easy way to damage him. He took an oil tanker explotion and was pritty much unphased would you like the scans?

Translation : Backpedalling.

But meh, whatever, this discussion won't go anywhere productive so it's time I put a stop to it.

If there are circumstances in which Venom's weakness could be used and Spiderman would, then Team 1 wins.

Otherwise, team 2.

Battlehammer
And what of sonics? As I mentioned, I believe Brock is much more vulnerable to sonics than fire.

im pritty sure he highly more reistent after the merger, but I can't view my comic there in storage due to trying to sell my houses.

Ah, I see...Well, I'd say you were fairly justified. No one likes being called a liar.

Justified or not, still no reason to sink to the level of petty insults, though.
yea lol.

true, but I really don't like being called an liar. and it wa snot really an insult. it not like im saying he an idiot or anything im more or less telling him in a harsh way not to call me a liar.

Soljer

But meh, whatever, this discussion won't go anywhere productive so it's time I put a stop to it.

Dude, chill. The hostile back and forth really isn't necessary. Capt admitted he was wrong, or at least that he mis-worded what he really meant.

Battlehammer

not gunna bother you can think what you want.

Erik-Lensherr
Dude, chill. The hostile back and forth really isn't necessary. Capt admitted he was wrong, or at least that he mis-worded what he really meant.

Lying and stupidity are 2 things I can't stand. With one of them being present, along with the poster who did it telling me to **** off, pissed me off erm

He obviously didn't mis-worded it and now this grasping at straws and backpedalling he does is pissing me off even more.

But .. yeah. I'll stop.

Battlehammer

Otherwise, team 2.
http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=oilzb9.jpg
http://img387.imageshack.us/my.php?image=oil2mr8.jpg
http://img384.imageshack.us/my.php?image=oil3rd9.jpg

you mean like here...........which really did nothing to venom at all?

notices how his old weakness is all, but gone? I mean I thought this guy was suposes to be extremely bad against firer and yet he seems quite fine, but yea I must have been lying.

Battlehammer
Lying and stupidity are 2 things I can't stand. With one of them being present, along with the poster who did it telling me to **** off, pissed me off erm

He obviously didn't mis-worded it and now this grasping at straws and backpedalling he does is pissing me off even more.

But .. yeah. I'll stop.
believe what you wish.

lannfear
team 2 ftw ...if and it's a biggie....they actually work together....if not i reckon team 1 can nail it

cheers Happy Dance

Lord Feron
http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=oilzb9.jpg
http://img387.imageshack.us/my.php?image=oil2mr8.jpg
http://img384.imageshack.us/my.php?image=oil3rd9.jpg

you mean like here...........which really did nothing to venom at all?

notices how his old weakness is all, but gone? I mean I thought this guy was suposes to be extremely bad against firer and yet he seems quite fine, but yea I must have been lying.

"My doorman makes more money then you" what a douche bag thing to say lol Anyway stop being a liar battlehammer! naw I'm just goshing ya... Hmmm Venom just took a gasoline truck to the face.... Venom's crazy strength and durability + Logan's big ballz and HF FTW!!!

::TNA_TITAN::
Team 2 ftw

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.