Wolverine vs Predator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Placidity
Wolverine vs Predator

- Wolverine

* No need for intro...

- Predator (Movie Version)

* Invisibility Cloak
* Plasma Cannon with Autoaim/Lock-on/Hack (aimbot)
* Net
* Wristblades (can be launched)
* Combi Stick/ Spear
* Disc
* Enhanced Strength
* Enhanced Stamina/Durability (keeps fighting aliens even after being impaled)
* Bomb (haha just kidding, wolverine would heal from it, while GG for Pred!)

- Assumptions :
* A direct hit from the plasma cannon with will almost KO wolverine or at least flay a nice large chunk of flesh off him (in AVP, one shot = a dead alien with body parts flying everywhere).

* Wolverine's heightened senses cannot locate EXACTLY where a cloaked predator is (compared to when he can see him visibly). To put it another way, he can only sense his presense and whereabouts.

Environment:
* Night time Jungle (poor visiblity)

Rules/Conditions:

* No rules

* Opponents are deployed into the Jungle, each must track each other down (sneak attack would be handy here).

* Opponents know of each other's strengths/Weaknesses.
e.g The Predator knows he aint gonna kill Wolverine anytime soon by just impaling him with a spear since he is aware of his healing factor.
Likewise, Wolverine is aware that one stab of his claws isnt going to take out the Predator (although it would severely weaken him).

* Defeat by Fatality or KO (if it was by fatality, there would be some major problems for a certain opponent tsk tsk)

Obviously, the initial reaction will be that Wolverine>Predator.... but anyway, I dont think its that clear cut if you dont underestimate the Predator and his array of weapons.

Points to consider (in favour for Predator lol, only because I know everyone is voting for Wolvie, which I wouldnt disagree with)

* Wolverine has does not know Predator's scent as this is the first encounter.

* Predator will effectively be invisible to Wolverine (until Wolverine is aware of him, then after that he can be tracked by his scent)

* Predator is THE Hunter! (i.e reminding you that its pretty much his profession and hence SHOULD be more experienced given the battle conditions/Environment)
-------------------

My Verdict: 7/10 Wolverine is Victorious

Lord Feron
Hmmm seems like you put alot of effort in this. I appreciate it. Hmmm question does Pred get that handy healing liquid stuff? I have to assume that pred has strength greater of equal to logan. Pred being able to rip the spine out of people come to mind. Agility is pretty good to leaping around in the trees and what not. I would say Logan 6/10. Barely gets the majority because of his adamantium. The spear, claw, and net can all be broken. Idk about the disk, its pretty dense but likely and i wouldn't put it past logan to dodge such a attack.

As for the plasma weapon I think thats the kicker. Logan will not be able to withstand more then 2 blast at most i think. If he does he would be in no shape to fight after that. But i think Logan will be able to dodge a direct hit.

A h2h combat fight with no weapons would be cool thou. Pred is the ultimate hunter race and Logan is a animal lol

Cool match!

Placidity
^ ha thanks, Feron.

I guess I should include the healing device in the Predator's arsenal, afterall, he'll need all the help he can get =]
Would he have time to use it after being injured though? I guess he could if he somehow got away from Wolverine by jumping around in the trees to his advantage since I dont think Wolverine can catch him.

Thing about Logan's strength, I've always believed that Wolverine was only peak-human strength, but I've read in some of the other threads that he is actually superhuman, so I'm not sure about that. But I know predator is definately stronger than any human (peak or not) and therefore he would have superhuman strength.

The other thing is that I think the Predator can get a shot at Wolverine with his cannon if he gets lucky and if he approached him with stealth.
I also think the Plasma Cannon is the big chance that Predator has going for him.

The only way Predator wins this is if he engages him from afar (with whatever ranged weapon), weakening him, then coming in for the kill (so to speak =] )

Hmm the more I think about this, the more I agree with your verdict: 6/10 For Logan.

Placidity
Oh wow, I'm new to this board, I didnt know it had weird rules like only being able to edit the original post within 15 mins of the post.

Anyway, I was just going to include the Healing Device for the Predator. (which I already mentioned above, but I dont think everyone's gonna read my posts lol)

This is one of my favourite matches (aside from Cartoon Magneto vs Movie Dr Doom)

Lord Feron
Cheers CEO Storm Trooper lol and welcome, i'm kinda new myself.

starlock
Wolverine for the win

I might go wolvy 8/10

Man of Christ
placidy you bring up the plasma cannon killing an alien. but an alien is succeptible to regular bullets so i doubt it will hurt wolverine as much as we think. wolverine withstood constant obliteration from the phoenix in xmen 3 the last stand so i think he can tolerate the plasma cannon more than he is given credit for

Placidity
^Man, I never intended to imply that the Plasma Cannon can "kill" Wolverine (if thats what you thought I was saying).

I'm saying that it could definately weaken him long enough for the Predator to do whatever that needs to be done.
Wolverine is no less susceptible to damage then Aliens or any normal human, its just that he'll heal back incredibly fast. And also, in this particular case, he is practically indestructible.

However, if he does get shot with a Plasma Cannon, he will need to do a whole lot of healing due to massive loss of body tissue, and IMO at this point, he would be down momentarily at least for a some seconds (10 secs? maybe less if he has Berseker rage on). Now if the Predator could repeatedly blast him while he is down, I think the Predator might be able to KO him.

And if you're going by the movie Wolverine, I would think Predator would win, since Logan got knocked out after being shot in the head in X2.
In X3, so-called Dark Phoenix wasnt even her full powers against him. The Phoenix obliterated everyone at the molecular level in less than a second. Theres just no way Logan could have regenerated from that if she unleashed her full powers on him.

Also in X3, Logan got stabbed (by the guy that produces these wood things...) and he was down for the count for awhile (i.e 10-15 secs).
(Similar examples in X2, vs Lady Deathstrike)
Now imagine, how long he would be down after having a large chunk of flesh flayed from his body after being hit by a plasma cannon.
I believe that the Movie Wolverine is much less powerful than the Comics Wolverine... so lets not bring that into disscusion.

carnage52
if batman and tarzan can take down preds then logan ftw.

::TNA_TITAN::
Predator would knock him unconscious cos he cant kill him then rip out his spine, then take his skull and make it a collectors edition. If he is strong enough.

if not pred 8/10

Endrict Nuul
Logan wins 8-9/10, besides the plasma cannon Logan is better in every department. Cykes blast >>>>>>>>> Predator's plasma cannon.

Soljer
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Logan wins 8-9/10, besides the plasma cannon Logan is better in every department. Cykes blast >>>>>>>>> Predator's plasma cannon.

Cyclops' blast is concussive. The plasma cannon combines concussive force with incomparable heat. To say that Cyke's blast >> a Plasma cannon isn't entirely accurate, as someone could have varying degrees of durability with respect to different sources of attack.

Bol Gath
Cool fight...

The predator might be able to sneak in a few wins here, mainly due to his cannon. But if he tries to engage Wolvie H2H he's going to be sliced up pretty fast (berserker rage is the shit).

I know predators have a slight degree of superhuman strength, but so does Wolverine. They're about equal in strength IMO (around 1-2 tons)

However I believe Wolverine is a bit faster and has better reflexes
Then there's the unbreakable bones, HF and so on.

I also believe Wolverine is the better fighter.

Wolverine 6-7/10

Man of Christ
Originally posted by Placidity
^Man, I never intended to imply that the Plasma Cannon can "kill" Wolverine (if thats what you thought I was saying).

I'm saying that it could definately weaken him long enough for the Predator to do whatever that needs to be done.
Wolverine is no less susceptible to damage then Aliens or any normal human, its just that he'll heal back incredibly fast. And also, in this particular case, he is practically indestructible.

However, if he does get shot with a Plasma Cannon, he will need to do a whole lot of healing due to massive loss of body tissue, and IMO at this point, he would be down momentarily at least for a some seconds (10 secs? maybe less if he has Berseker rage on). Now if the Predator could repeatedly blast him while he is down, I think the Predator might be able to KO him.

And if you're going by the movie Wolverine, I would think Predator would win, since Logan got knocked out after being shot in the head in X2.
In X3, so-called Dark Phoenix wasnt even her full powers against him. The Phoenix obliterated everyone at the molecular level in less than a second. Theres just no way Logan could have regenerated from that if she unleashed her full powers on him.

Also in X3, Logan got stabbed (by the guy that produces these wood things...) and he was down for the count for awhile (i.e 10-15 secs).
Now imagine, how long he would be down after having a large chunk of flesh flayed from his body after being hit by a plasma cannon.
I believe that the Movie Wolverine is much less powerful than the Comics Wolverine... so lets not bring that into disscusion.

do you have a cannon sourc

Lord Feron
um wtf tarzan took on preds?

Man of Christ

do you have a cannon source to prove she wasnt doin her best?

Placidity
Originally posted by Man of Christ
do you have a cannon source to prove she wasnt doin her best?

Nope, just personal interpretation, although I feel its pretty obvious and most people would agree with it (search the Xmen movie threads).

Do you really think Logan could've gotten close to the Phoenix if she didnt let him? (or Logan>Phoenix)

You may have forgotten that she has telekinesis, which is what allows her to "demolecularize" objects. So even if she was struggling to demolecularize him as you claim, she could have pushed him away/ slammed him into the ground/ make him immobile etc (as shown earlier in the film).

They also have a love/hate relationship going on, hence why she didnt kill him. (or some claim that Jean was fighting/holding back the phoenix)

Observing what the Phoenix did to other victims should show that she was only using a fraction of her powers against Logan. Basically, she was only striping a few layers off his chest and face. Whereas, when using her full capacity, the victim is demolecularized from head to toe almost instantly (not just the chest etc).

Also, the Phoenix asks Logan: "You would die for them?", implying she is capable of killing him. And she probably well may have if Jean didnt surface after that.

In addition, Judging by previous feats of Logan's healing factor in the films, it is also obvious he cannot regenerate at any rate as close to how quickly Phoenix can demolecularize objects(i.e almost instantly).

icu311
I think the pred takes Logan more times then not. The plasmacaster is just too powerful a weapon for Logan to get hit and keep going. While he may live, multiple shots will definately put him down for the count.

Man of Christ
Originally posted by icu311
I think the pred takes Logan more times then not. The plasmacaster is just too powerful a weapon for Logan to get hit and keep going. While he may live, multiple shots will definately put him down for the count.

the adamantium wont be affected by the blast so his structural integrity remains and he can regenerate his flesh like its nothing. it seems to me that in this thread placidity is trying to set the rules against wolverine.

Apolloknight
......as if wolverine has absolutely no ability to dodge the plasma blast and close the distance....yep, none at all.

Placidity
the adamantium wont be affected by the blast so his structural integrity remains and he can regenerate his flesh like its nothing. it seems to me that in this thread placidity is trying to set the rules against wolverine.

Lol, you are so obsessed with defending Wolverine and trying a way to discredit the Predator and the topic starter (me) that somehow you missed my verdict saying Wolverine wins 6/10. Geez.

Man of Christ
Lol, you are so obsessed with defending Wolverine and trying a way to discredit the Predator and the topic starter (me) that somehow you missed my verdict saying Wolverine wins 6/10. Geez.

unless you are psychic you cannot prove what i am obsessed with. any way my point being that i still havenot seen concrete proof that the phoesnix wasnt trying to obliterate him

Placidity
unless you are psychic you cannot prove what i am obsessed with.
Actually its quite clear, you said I'm setting this up against Wolverine, yet you missed my post at the start when I said Wolverine would win.

Also, don't you think its abit ironic how you accused me of setting up the match, are you yourself a psychic?

any way my point being that i still havenot seen concrete proof that the phoesnix wasnt trying to obliterate him

Of course its not concrete, but I took to the effort to explain why I think what I think. Do you care to rebutt my points? Or are you above providing evidence, and only others have to?

Man of Christ
Actually its quite clear, you said I'm setting this up against Wolverine, yet you missed my post at the start when I said Wolverine would win.

Also, don't you think its abit ironic how you accused me of setting up the match, are you yourself a psychic?

Of course its not concrete, but I took to the effort to explain why I think what I think. Do you care to rebutt my points? Or are you above providing evidence, and only others have to? the burden of proof is on you

Placidity
the burden of proof is on you

Wow, anyone knows how to pull that line. BOP on me...because... you said so?

Man of Christ
Wow, anyone knows how to pull that line. BOP on me...because... you said so?

i didnt make an assertion, you did and i asked you to prove it is all

Lord Feron
Ok Maybe "movie" jean grey with the phoenix was trying her hardest... doubt it.... but anyway in the comic books A person with the PF can whip Big-G every day of the week. The PF should have no problem killing Logan in the comics unless there is alot of PIS. Anyway logan wins....

psycho gundam
the plasma cannon will cauterize the wounds, logan will have to surgically remove the scars and blood clots lest he receive multiple heart attacks. in reality, there are ways to make his healing factor a curse.

Placidity
i didnt make an assertion, you did and i asked you to prove it is all

Um are you completely ..... ?

You don't understand anything about burden of proof do you?

Woah now, I made an assertion?
You claimed that Wolverine was so powerful that the Phoenix could not obliterate him. Are you suffering from memory loss?

Lord Feron
Originally posted by psycho gundam
the plasma cannon will cauterize the wounds, logan will have to surgically remove the scars and blood clots lest he receive multiple heart attacks. in reality, there are ways to make his healing factor a curse.

interesting point smile

jinzin
Originally posted by Lord Feron
interesting point smile
But inaccurate, as this isn't a discussion about reality. Lest we're discussing the reality of 616. Wolverine's been shot by heat bearing lazers before and NEVER have his wounds been cauterized so cleary the HF isn't going to be effected in such a regard.

As for the fight. Hmmm well first off, Predator's stronger. Predators have been seen overtunring jeeps/hummers, and one even tossed over a tank. I think the general concensus is that Preds are at least in the 5 ton range.

Predator holds no advantage in his vertical leap though as Wolverine has an extremely impressive leaping ability himself.

In terms of Wolverine's ability to pin point him by scent. Shouldn't be a problem. Wolverine's sense of smell is familiar to the point that he could detect something Rogue had picked up in flight wasn't from their continent. He's had plenty of other "sense" feats but I think some of the most important to discuss here is his ability to fight while blinded. He's done it half a dozen times, once against a highly skilled telepath and has always had positive results. Predator on the other hand while having a handy cloaking device can be seen by the human eye, I think Daredevil may have even stated that Wolverine has enhanced night vision and a simple food for thought that may or may not mean anything here, Sabretooth has proven to have thermo vision.

In terms of dodging, Wolverine should be able to dodge at the very LEAST 6-7/10 of predators cannons and everytime he gets shot at it completely sells out predators position.

The effectiveness of the plasma cannon I feel is slightly up for debate considering that while it does cause xenomorphs to explode it's pretty much failed against the dense musculature of both Arnold in the movie, and I believe Shaffer in the comics.

And it's the comics that really make me hesitate to give predator the benefit of any doubt here. A police detective has repeatedily given preds all hell left and right, a brown belt in Tai Kwon Do has effectively beat the crap out of a pred in h2h, and I think even a blind martial artist was causing a predator problems. There's historical accounts of preds losing in droves to samurai. In crossovers they've had their butts handed to them by Batman, and Tarzan.

I think pred does have at least a decent shot at trying to keep this fight at a distance and wearing Logan down. But 8 times out of 10, (maybe even 9?) I'd say it's far more likely that Wolverine turns the hunt around on the pred and closes the distance before that becomes a problem.

Starscream M
pred's discus guts logan like a flopping fish

jinzin
Originally posted by Starscream M
pred's discus guts logan like a flopping fish

:WTF:

Starscream M
Originally posted by jinzin
:WTF: what about that post did you not get?

Pred's discuss is one of his most lethal weapons....it's prob his most accurate and it would rip Logan's entire insides out in a bloody mess...giving the pred a clear KO

Lord Feron
Really that tarzan thing did happen thats ridiculous.
1. That..thats just a huge pile of BS but w/e it did happen
2. Batman has to win against preds, he is too big a super star to go down like that.

Idk about the discus. If Logan gets hit by it would hurt a shit load maybe enough for pred to lay down some smack but the discus alone is not gonna kill him not even close.

icu311
^ agreed. The whip could give Logan some problems, maybe a whip + plasma combo? In order for the pred to win, it has to keep as much distance as possible. With as many tricks as the pred has up its sleeve I think it might pull off 4-5 wins against wolverine.

jinzin
what about that post did you not get?
The part where you think that a disc can do more damage with one slash than Sabretooth and Lady Deathstrike could at the same time while fighting Wolverine.

Maybe it's just that where you think Astonishing is probably the perfect representation of Wolverine, I base what he can do from his ENTIRE career, none of which includes him flopping around like a fish.

Pred's discuss is one of his most lethal weapons....it's prob his most accurate and it would rip Logan's entire insides out in a bloody mess...giving the pred a clear KO uh-huh....

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/8356/death0lt1.jpg

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/9162/x236uo5.png

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/7656/brood2xs8.jpg
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/378/brood3ic2.jpg

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/8025/sabesinfernofight6bxw5.jpg
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/627/sabesinfernofight8qr3.jpg
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/1491/sabesinfernofight9no1.jpg

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/5571/stomachstabbyqk9.jpg

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/4813/mrx4pd5.jpg
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/6316/mrx5pk8.jpg
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/6347/mrx6px3.jpg

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/8233/typhoidmary3xc0.jpg
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/7533/typhoidmary4dk6.jpg

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/8108/nafari2nd6.jpg
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/8073/nafari3fr7.jpg

Lord Feron
that discuss thing could be similar of how the brood hand went into logan. Get him down on his knees but not kill him.

Stewie_Griffin
What a coincidence......I made this thread on another forum....

Anywho, if it's Predator versus Wolverine and the Predator has all of his weapons, I'd say he wins 7/10. If it's a Predator with no weapons versus Wolverine, Wolverine wins 10/10.

carver9
Originally posted by jinzin
The part where you think that a disc can do more damage with one slash than Sabretooth and Lady Deathstrike could at the same time while fighting Wolverine.

Maybe it's just that where you think Astonishing is probably the perfect representation of Wolverine, I base what he can do from his ENTIRE career, none of which includes him flopping around like a fish.

uh-huh....

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/8356/death0lt1.jpg

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/9162/x236uo5.png

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/7656/brood2xs8.jpg
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/378/brood3ic2.jpg

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/8025/sabesinfernofight6bxw5.jpg
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/627/sabesinfernofight8qr3.jpg
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/1491/sabesinfernofight9no1.jpg

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/5571/stomachstabbyqk9.jpg

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/4813/mrx4pd5.jpg
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/6316/mrx5pk8.jpg
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/6347/mrx6px3.jpg

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/8233/typhoidmary3xc0.jpg
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/7533/typhoidmary4dk6.jpg

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/8108/nafari2nd6.jpg
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/8073/nafari3fr7.jpg

good post jin, you always seem to know how to make people look stupid and you did that to starscream

bobbi
You know this burden of proof this is rather stupid. Man of christ did of course make the first assertion but either way it doesn't even really apply. It applies 1st in a court of law since we always assume someone is innocent and the BOD is on the prosecutor (which really is just a convention since we believe imprisoning an innocent is worse than letting a guilty man go free. Theres arguments about this being a better method but still its open to argument). 2nd it applies when someone is asserting something exists since its impossible to prove something doesn't exist.

In this situation we're just interpreting an event. there is no reason to bring in burden of proof. Theres possible evidence that could say she was and she wasn't trying her hardest. The only issue is who brought it up first which in itself is kind of stupid. I think most of us here are smart enough to assume something isn't true just because someone says it is so we provide evidence and, at best, scans.

In comics basically nothing is certain. thats what this debate forum is for. If we actually did burden of proof then the 1st poster would say "wolverine wins" gives a reason and the rest of the thread would be ppl saying "that reason isn't concrete enough evidence" and they would be 100% correct. Any evidence that is valid enough in a bod type scenario would probably be considered a spite thread here. All you do by saying bod is making it seem like you have no evidence for your point of view. At very least you can say bod then rip into the evidence he does provide. SHOW that his evidence is faulty and then you can say your point hasn't been proven and show how smart you are.

I for one thought his evidence was fairly good (don't exactly remember how long the bone guy took out wolverine for (15sec seems long but i dont remember) but thats just 1 thing). Pretty much every damage we've seen of movie wolv takes a second or 2 at least to heal and we've seen phoenix disintegrate ppl in less than that. Unless jean's disintegration powers are weaker than a bullet, sabertooths claws, and many others than she should have been able to stop him.

And jean can LEVITATE PPL with EASE. If she really wanted wolv dead she could have done that and choked him or even continue disintegrating him. Magneto was even able to do whatever he wanted to wolv and jean is way stronger than magneto. She decided to levitate the professor and random guys in that last scene so why not wolvs?

Placidity
Originally posted by bobbi
You know this burden of proof this is rather stupid. Man of christ did of course make the first assertion but either way it doesn't even really apply. It applies 1st in a court of law since we always assume someone is innocent and the BOD is on the prosecutor (which really is just a convention since we believe imprisoning an innocent is worse than letting a guilty man go free. Theres arguments about this being a better method but still its open to argument). 2nd it applies when someone is asserting something exists since its impossible to prove something doesn't exist.

In this situation we're just interpreting an event. there is no reason to bring in burden of proof. Theres possible evidence that could say she was and she wasn't trying her hardest. The only issue is who brought it up first which in itself is kind of stupid. I think most of us here are smart enough to assume something isn't true just because someone says it is so we provide evidence and, at best, scans.

In comics basically nothing is certain. thats what this debate forum is for. If we actually did burden of proof then the 1st poster would say "wolverine wins" gives a reason and the rest of the thread would be ppl saying "that reason isn't concrete enough evidence" and they would be 100% correct. Any evidence that is valid enough in a bod type scenario would probably be considered a spite thread here. All you do by saying bod is making it seem like you have no evidence for your point of view. At very least you can say bod then rip into the evidence he does provide. SHOW that his evidence is faulty and then you can say your point hasn't been proven and show how smart you are.

I for one thought his evidence was fairly good (don't exactly remember how long the bone guy took out wolverine for (15sec seems long but i dont remember) but thats just 1 thing). Pretty much every damage we've seen of movie wolv takes a second or 2 at least to heal and we've seen phoenix disintegrate ppl in less than that. Unless jean's disintegration powers are weaker than a bullet, sabertooths claws, and many others than she should have been able to stop him.

And jean can LEVITATE PPL with EASE. If she really wanted wolv dead she could have done that and choked him or even continue disintegrating him. Magneto was even able to do whatever he wanted to wolv and jean is way stronger than magneto. She decided to levitate the professor and random guys in that last scene so why not wolvs?

cool haha, nice post. Indeed, BOP is usually always brought in under fallacy. You'll notice I never claimed BOP was on him though, just to clear that up stick out tongue

J.A.F.
Wolverine would tear the **** outta Predator.

Phantom Zone
Im going for Wolverine.

Jayct
I'm going for Wolverine. If the Predator would fight half as badly as they do in the movies against the aliens, then Wolverine will take him down in seconds.

And not going by that logic, I don't see how the predator could really injure Logan seriously enough to slow him down, especially if he is in beserker mode, unless he maybe hits him in the head with a plasma shot.

Wolverine should be able to dodge the plasma's, they seem to shoot rather on the slow side.

I don't think any of the two would be able to sneak up on one another.

Rhinoceros
Their strength level varies. Weak ones (Younglings, lower rank Predators) are Peak human or around that mark. Higher Rank predators, and older Predators are usually stronger and better. For example Dachande was said to take out an Alien Queen in hand to hand combat. The bad blood Predators usually have the highest strength feats.

The Plasma caster's blast speed varies a lot. It has been described as "instant Flash of light" but then again some People have actually dodged the bolt itself, so I dunno.

The plasma caster's blast density/power can be adjusted. This can be seen in the first movie and in some (most?) comics. Arnold was never directly hit by a plasma bolt, his weapon was hit by a small bolt which made it exlplode harming Arnold in the process. The same caster was seen destroying trees near the end of the movie. It also got trough a Chopter's armored underside. The blast size also varies/can be adjusted. (for example the Predators in the AvP movie used fairly large sized blasts)

Human's usually fare against low level inexperienced Predators, for example Machiko Noguchi (a brown belt in Karate, not Taekwon-do big grin) took out the worst Predator of the clan (called Shorty) Predators also have the whole CIS thing going on for them, they usually underestimate their prey and that's their down fall.

I'm not sure if you read Tarzan vs. Predator, but it was fairly shitty book. The "Predators" in that book weren't really Predators, just generic aliens IMO. You should also read the first Batman book again. In their first fight with the Predator (The Predator was uncloaked, and fought hand to hand against Batman IIRC) and he was kicking Batman's ass, Batman was saved by Batmobile... In all the other fights Batman has had some kind of prep time.... Sooo..

I really think it depends on wether the Predator is trying to hunt Logan or if he's actually trying to destroy him. Also, it matters what kind of Predator we're talking about.

Rhinoceros
Originally posted by Jayct
I'm going for Wolverine. If the Predator would fight half as badly as they do in the movies against the aliens, then Wolverine will take him down in seconds.

I guess you didn't watch AvP:R then... confused

frommd
The Predators are all about the sport. They don't just kill from afar (which is what it would need to do to win), they like to fight for the sport of it. Like in the first movie where Arnold was weaponless. The Predator dropped his weapons and mask to make it more even. Based on that, I say Wolverine chops it up.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by frommd
The Predators are all about the sport. They don't just kill from afar (which is what it would need to do to win), they like to fight for the sport of it. Like in the first movie where Arnold was weaponless. The Predator dropped his weapons and mask to make it more even. Based on that, I say Wolverine chops it up.

They are both aware of each others strengths and weaknesses. In any other case I would agree with you.

Parmaniac
Wolverine wins sooner or later IMO

h1a8
Pred could ko Logan after a good plasma shot. This is an easy fight for Pred. I don't see how logan would get even close. Plus the preds have super human reflexes and armor far stronger than any metal on Earth.

Mshinu
Against the movie version Wolvie wins 9/10 with the loss being due to the plasma cannon.

Against a veteran hunter like Broken Tusk (first Alien vs Pred comic) or Big Mama (Deadliest of the species) it would be more even methinks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.